General RP Discussion topic

Police Girl · 178210

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2450 on: February 17, 2014, 02:50:25 AM
I was entertaining the idea that Pyro would random appear during an attempted outbreak, do his "Thriller" routine, and incidentally "free" the affected townsfolk.

Of course, Larry the Latios would be filming it so it would go viral on the net. 8D

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2451 on: February 17, 2014, 02:53:24 AM
I think him doing it in RPMvengers was enough, and like I said I just am not comfortable with a real Zombie Apocalypse in Pokemon.

And yes I still want RPMvengers to come back but I can't be the one to do it since I was the last one to post on my side and it doesn't seem that enough people would want it back.

Besides he can bug the snobs in Lilycove.  It is probably the richest town in Hoenn.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2452 on: February 17, 2014, 03:06:46 AM
But they are not those kind of zombies! Anyways, I like Pyro freeing the citizens, gives Wily more reason to stuff.

Posted on: February 17, 2014, 10:06:06
Either way, I'll hold it off for now.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2453 on: February 17, 2014, 03:07:00 AM
Alright he can do that while we're in Lilycove since he has the power to travel through closets.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2454 on: February 17, 2014, 03:20:38 AM
I admit my knowledge of Pokemon really doesn't extend past Red and Blue so I've been a little nervous at the idea of joining this Pokemon rp. What would I need to know about current pokemon games if I did join in?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2455 on: February 17, 2014, 03:23:28 AM
Just what Pokemon are there, moves they can learn and maybe some vocabulary such as Contests.  Speaking of which Lilycove does have another Contest Hall and as does Fallarbor town.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #2456 on: February 17, 2014, 03:24:21 AM
Bulbapedia is your friend.  Nuff said. :P

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2457 on: February 17, 2014, 03:28:07 AM
Serebii.net too.

Offline Blue Valkyrie

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2458 on: February 17, 2014, 03:36:52 AM
I suppose my character could be fresh off the boat from Kanto so to speak an simply learned as she went.  8D

((Oh yeah I forgot about that wiki.))

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2459 on: February 17, 2014, 03:38:15 AM
I think most of our teams are listed here, at least I know mine are. :P

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2460 on: February 17, 2014, 03:39:55 AM
Just so you know that Sakura has somewhat of a prejudice against Kanto, not really specific people so much as a whole.  She thinks it's a backwater place behind on the times, but she does at least trust the Gym Leaders there, but she probably wouldn't have a problem with Blue.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2461 on: February 17, 2014, 03:45:41 AM
The Mewtwo trial didn't help the cause either. :P

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2462 on: February 17, 2014, 03:49:28 AM
At this point, Mewtwo will be done with midterms, so he'll have a break.  He still has a looming thesis, but he can put that off as he does more research for his topic.  At most, he'll have homework and perhaps the occasional test, but he won't be as unbelievably busy, and will have more time for his work-study.  Can't wait to get to that sitcom. 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2463 on: February 17, 2014, 03:53:35 AM
The Mewtwo trial didn't help the cause either. :P
Seriously it did not, not to mention the incentive Pokemon handlers in the Fuschia city Safari zone, and the law who wasn't more strict about Team Rocket's misdeeds and not actively trying to stop them especially after past criminal incidents both in the games and manga. 

I still say that Zapmolcuno existed but not known to the public because it was horrific.  Also Gary and Green exist in the same universe and are brothers, Gary is a scientist while Green is the current Gym leader after Giovanni was outed.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2464 on: February 17, 2014, 04:58:47 AM
If anyone is up for creating profiles for their Pokemon RP characters, here is Pyro's.

Trainer Name: Pyro
Hometown: Ecruteak City, Johto
Current Residence: Lavaridge Town, Hoenn

Pyro’s origins are a mystery as he had forgotten his true name and previous life before the fire that destroyed Brass Tower. According to legend, he was a human boy that perished in the blaze along with the three Pokemon that would become the Legendary Beasts of Johto. Much like three beasts, Ho-oh resurrected the boy and granted him immortality at the cost of his memory and sanity. Pyro left Ecruteak to wander the world for eternity and became a scarcely remembered legend in his home region. Those who crossed his path over the decades say that he brings good fortune to the just and chaos to the wicked and legendary Pokemon appear wherever he is present.

Over the years, Pyro has had countless adventures but forgot most of them because of the nature of his existence, which necessitated a book of legends that he constantly carries. He resurfaced during the Team Aqua/Magma crisis in Hoenn when he became the companion of (soon to be) Lt. Protoman Blues and Quickie on their journey through the region. Though he parted ways with them after Evergrande City, Pyro bonded with Quickie enough to intermittently appear in her travels while working surreptitiously behind throughout the crises in Sinnoh and Unova, albeit as a thorn in the side of Teams Galactic and Plasma though not enough to attract the attention of their leaders.

Pyro mostly travels alone because his obliviousness to social mores and scatterbrained attitude tend to either make other trainers run away in terror or drive them to insanity with his constant barrage of non-sequiturs. He eventually settled in Lavaridge Town and took over the gym when the previous leader, Flannery, disappeared under mysterious circumstances. As such, he transformed Lavaridge Gym into a bizarre and random funhouse designed to test the challenger’s wits and sanity. Unfortunately, that resulted in dozens of trainers ending up in the psyche ward before they could reach him.

Pokemon on Hand:

Firebrawl the Blaziken: The most stoic and solemn member of Pyro’s teammates. Unlike most of Pyro’s team, he takes his training seriously and is extremely proud of his fighting skills. Though he is often exasperated by his trainer’s antics, ‘Brawl (as Pyro often calls him) is unfailingly loyal.

Moves: Protect, Swords Dance, Flare Blitz, Blaze Kick, Thunderpunch, Hi Jump Kick, Sky Uppercut, Shadow Claw

Mr. Spook the Gengar: Pyro’s right-hand man and purveyor of pranks. Unlike his blissfully oblivious trainer, Mr. Spook seems to love playing practical jokes on other people and pokémon to give them a good scare. He also gets amusement from seeing Pyro’s interactions with other humans. He is no pushover in the battling department; his Focus Blast is particularly powerful due to it sheer size.

Moves: Shadow Ball, Lick, Disable, Substitute, Focus Blast, Confuse Ray, Taunt, Icy Wind

Jawbreaker the Garchomp: Ferocious and a voracious eater with an appetite like his trainer who will stop at nothing to get what he wants. That is what originally got him in trouble as a Gible who nearly ate Lavaridge Town out of existence. His Shiny coloration also made him highly sought after by the town’s trainers but Pyro rescued him from them and earned his trust and loyalty,

Moves: Outrage, Dual Chop, Earthquake, Sandstorm, Crunch, Dragon Tail, Iron Head

Memphis the Empoleon: A self-styled troubadour with an Elvis-like pompadour. Memphis is surprisingly quick and agile for his species and likes to believe he is irresistible to the womon by his song and dance. The opposite is true because of his over-the-top attempts to woo them. Vain to a fault, touching his feathers will result in a brutal smack down.

Moves: Agility, Hydro Pump, Surf, Ice Beam, Grass Knot, Sing, Supersonic

Loki the Zorua: The only one of Pyro’s pokémon who stays outside of his pokeball. He lives up to his classification as the “Tricky Fox Pokemon” because he is a kleptomaniac who will rob anyone blind (aside from Pyro, that is) given the chance. He has adopted some of his trainer’s mannerisms and often mimics his facial expressions.

Moves: Nasty Plot, Extrasensory, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power (Ice), Trick, Attract

Socks the Rotom: Pyro caught Socks when the Rotom was wreaking havoc on Lavaridge Town by possessing every appliance it could find until Pyro caught it. Socks operates the machinery of Lavaridge Gym and possesses an almost child-like cruelty in toying with others.

Moves:  Hydro Pump, Thunderbolt, Charge Beam, Hidden Power (Fire), Hex, Will O’ Wisp, Thunder Wave

Pyro does have other Pokemon (i.e. Firestorm the Infernape and Amadeus the Talonflame) at his gym. I will say that he caught "Larry" the Latios but generally lets the legendary wander Hoenn.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2465 on: February 18, 2014, 06:23:42 AM
I hope my recent WilyRP post wasn't too disturbing... >_>

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2466 on: February 18, 2014, 06:25:23 AM
I'm assuming this sort of thing happened in Virtue's Last Reward too?

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2467 on: February 18, 2014, 06:42:38 AM
No, it's my own spin on the Morphogenetic Field experiment.

Although, in the first game (999), it was explained that the initial Nonary Game was established in order to place everyone with access to the Morphogenetic Field in one area, and force them to solve puzzles in order to survive (the participants have explosive watches). So basically, the entire game is an experiment so the (people who created the Nonary Game) could gather the Morphogenetic "power" for themselves, by using the kidnapped children as lab rats.

VLR deals with something completely different, in that it's not an experiment, but rather a last-ditch plan to prevent the end of the world (by traveling through time, using said Morphogenetic ability). Much, much higher stakes.

I'm not going to do the lab rat thing for the WilyRP.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2468 on: February 18, 2014, 06:48:17 AM
Okay then.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2469 on: February 18, 2014, 06:50:44 AM
Haha was all of that difficult to understand? XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2470 on: February 18, 2014, 06:51:39 AM
Considering I've never played 999 or Virtue's Last Reward, very much so.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2471 on: February 18, 2014, 06:53:02 AM
I hope my recent WilyRP post wasn't too disturbing... >_>

Looked fine to me!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2472 on: February 18, 2014, 06:59:20 AM
Considering I've never played 999 or Virtue's Last Reward, very much so.

Heh, well I don't blame you at all. XD

I would need much, MUCH more than 2 paragraphs to explain those games. And even then, there would still be a lot of confusing plot points. It's a very complex series. Especially VLR, which raises the complexity by A LOT. Lots of sci-fi talk and the like.

Looked fine to me!

Well, that's good to hear. 8)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2473 on: February 18, 2014, 04:41:05 PM
Spoilers, man. Come on!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2474 on: February 18, 2014, 04:56:50 PM
Ah, sorry about that. I didn't think anyone here had an interest in playing the Zero Escape series.

Although, everything I said in there isn't much of a spoiler compared to the much bigger reveals.