• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1100 on: July 22, 2013, 07:32:42 PM
ah yes RPMvania

i kinda ended up making myself the main character in that one lol

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1101 on: July 22, 2013, 07:33:41 PM
How many characters is too many characters?

I'm more thinking SoulAnimal's having every Biometal... and giving them ALL personalities, and they usually all talked in one post, so it was a rainbow of 7 different Biometals plus her own character. [parasitic bomb] gets hard to follow. I'd say there isn't really a way to have *Too* many characters but really people should RP in their own limits, right now for example I can do three characters while trying to keep their personalities straight (Josei Prime, aka Cloaked individual isn't really a character, more of a set piece seeing as he doesn't leave his hideout. I might use him again later but now he's just not needed.) But I couldn't do 12 characters or something at once, not without either neglecting somebody for far too long, having people with nothing to do, or just doing stuff that has no impact on the story.

The thing with me is that I do have a lot of characters in the Wilypocalyse RP, especially the Pokemon, but they are minor characters and whenever I battle with them in the RP I always limit myself to 6 per battle and 4 moves per Pokemon, unlike in the Pokemon RP where the move limit has been removed.

I don't really think three (I think you do three mainly, could be wrong and feel free to correct me on that) + pokemon for two of them is really that much, Pokemon aren't around unless they're needed for a battle so its not like they're just sitting around in every post with nothing to do since they're in their pokeballs.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #1102 on: July 22, 2013, 07:38:29 PM
The Pokemon aren't really in Pokeballs all the time, they pretty much live in room 649 which is esentially the PC box.  

Pokemon are going to be a little more involved but not too much more involved, in the next part you will see more of them for a reason and they will be able to talk with the help of Psychic Pokemon so Sakura doesn't have to translate all the time.  Other than that I'll try not to go over board on them.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1103 on: July 22, 2013, 07:50:08 PM
You could put their dialogue in brackets, as if it's being translated.  That way, we know what they're saying and your character doesn't have to translate all the time.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1104 on: July 22, 2013, 08:35:26 PM
Maybe, but I meant along the lines of the in RP characters wouldn't need Sakura to translate for them anymore.  I myself don't mind translating, but in RP it would be too much trouble for Sakura to be translating all the time.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1105 on: July 23, 2013, 12:22:40 AM
I like keeping the characters to a minimum, personally. I might introduce one or two more eventually, but I'm in no rush. There's plenty of people to fight as is :P

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1106 on: July 23, 2013, 12:26:22 AM
Having a minimum amount of characters also helps you to keep track of them.  I'm used to juggling multiple characters and NPCs, but I get lost at times, keeping track of who is where and who is doing what, and when.  Also, even though I don't mind controlling NPCs for the sake of having people in the background, it's nice to have others doing some of the controlling, that way I don't spend a post talking to myself. :P

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1107 on: July 23, 2013, 12:40:29 AM
Yeah, right now I'm just controlling Archetype and Phi. And on very rare occasions, Akane.

I don't plan on adding any more characters any time soon. I don't need to; I can do a lot with just those two.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #1108 on: July 23, 2013, 12:59:33 AM
I originally controlled only Blazkrieg, which is usually just four members of the Ouendan, two of which are ZX versions, the two series of Robot Masters, though they're only mentioned and rarely show up for more than one plot and, very rarely, Clef and Tango.  But after Tarot Cat, I may have gone overboard despite knowing where the cards in its deck are (figuring out how to have them interact with other characters was another matter).

If I'm going to have Tarot Cat in future RPs or situations, I'll try and keep it down to just five cards (Fool already being inserted and the other four being the Major Arcana representation of the four courts in Tarot cards: Hierophant = Pages, Chariot = Knight, Empress = Queen, and Emperor = King), and the other cards either being momentary cameos or replacing one of the main five for the duration of whatever arc or plot they get involved in.  Or, if I decide to just use the Magical Drop characters that inspired Tarot Cat's creations, the cards they might use will only be mentioned but seldom do anything beyond sharing their abilities with the characters who decide to equip them.

The same with Blazkrieg if they show up with Tarot Cat, though it would mostly be Hajime since he was the one who created it and its cards.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1109 on: July 23, 2013, 01:46:51 AM
Aw I kind of like Justice. :(

Anyway I think I'm fine for keeping track of Pokemon in that RP because most of them are very minor characters.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #1110 on: July 23, 2013, 04:22:42 AM
Well, if it's any consolation, I might make Justice the most used secondary card in the deck, or just use the original version since her card counterpart is more cold and strictly justified than she should have been (for the moment anyway :P).

Since N is being introduced, I may as well mention that Hierophant was, at one point, a respectful member of Team Plasma.  Though he had been aware of Ghestsis' dark purpose almost immediately after joining, he was more interested in the prospect of gathering Pokemon by means other than battling and allowing them to travel side by side to the point that he convinced other members of Magical Land to only use Pokeballs in emergencies or where walking Pokemon are restricted.  His very awareness of Team Plasma's darker purpose, and lacking any reason to do something about it, may end up coming back to bite him at some point in the RP either when he returns to Unova, or someone else from the region recognizes him.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1111 on: July 23, 2013, 04:28:39 AM
N might recognize him since he was one of the nicer members.  Sakura may have encounter him but not recognize him since he's not in uniform.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1112 on: July 23, 2013, 05:32:14 AM
It's nice having multiple characters to write for, especially with multiple storylines. It helps keeps the creativity flowing when I have to wait on others before I can do anything with some characters.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1113 on: July 23, 2013, 05:38:01 AM
It's nice having multiple characters to write for, especially with multiple storylines. It helps keeps the creativity flowing when I have to wait on others before I can do anything with some characters.
Speaking of which, if you have anything with Peebs you want to do go right ahead. I could always pad Fxeni's sleeping with a dream or something, but don't feel compelled to wait on me if you have something planned :P

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1114 on: July 23, 2013, 06:08:07 AM
Speaking of which, if you have anything with Peebs you want to do go right ahead. I could always pad Fxeni's sleeping with a dream or something, but don't feel compelled to wait on me if you have something planned :P

Okay. I can cook something up!  8D

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1115 on: July 23, 2013, 06:14:36 AM
I could always pad Fxeni's sleeping with a dream or something

Since everybody else has had a dream you have to do one now, its not padding either since you could always put some sort of backstory or character development in it.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #1116 on: July 23, 2013, 12:20:05 PM
Since everybody else has had a dream you have to do one now, its not padding either since you could always put some sort of backstory or character development in it.

Well except for me. I could of used that time to introduce Kathy's 'mystery' power (not talking about her SNM9 form, here), which is meant to be a joke compared to her others. I might have to see an opportunity in the RP, for it to appear.

Fear me.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1117 on: July 24, 2013, 12:27:06 AM
Well, Fxeni already had one a little while back... although I have a few ideas of ones that could work.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1118 on: July 24, 2013, 03:55:25 AM
Hahaha, well we better. No one else is updating it right now. XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1119 on: July 24, 2013, 03:56:50 AM
I'll update with Borock-bot right now, I've been pretty tired all weekend.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1120 on: July 24, 2013, 04:52:42 AM
Heh, heh, heh. The real party can begin now that I summoned Dragonzord. Maybe the Guardian Beasts from Zyuranger can crash it later on. :P

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1121 on: July 24, 2013, 05:09:34 AM
Darn it Pyro, darn it. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1122 on: July 24, 2013, 05:12:01 AM
At least we have something to take care of that Wreck-It Man thing.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #1123 on: July 24, 2013, 05:52:12 AM
After discussing it in another thread. I wonder if an RPMvengers RP would work. I call Loki! 8)

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1124 on: July 24, 2013, 05:53:05 AM
I need to watch all those Marvel movies and stuff.  My comic knowledge is severely lacking.