General RP Discussion topic

Police Girl · 179107

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #575 on: June 25, 2013, 06:43:15 AM
Quebec poisoned my air with their haze one year.  I still want revenge.

You'll have them saying Merci!  8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #576 on: June 25, 2013, 06:51:30 AM
*Ba-dum TSSH!* 8D

Anywho, back to RP discussions... I guess.

I admit that I will be sad if MCH leaves, as then I'd lose a Wushu player... even though I haven't been arsed lately to get that back up.  Though, Ringman did have a complaint about that, and unfortunately, it involved MCH.  Though, not everyone is off the hook in the Wushu campaign.

Basically, it boiled down to this:  Three of those characters would be leader-types, particularly Fett and IG-88, yet any play came down to them constantly bickering, with 4-LOM and Zuckuss progressing the plot (and Zuckuss can't do that, as he's not a leader).  I couldn't drive the story, as I was the DM and I wanted to leave it up to the players.  Ringman couldn't drive the story, as 4-LOM simply is not a leader character.  The one(s) who should have taken the lead are Fett and IG-88, and my money is mostly on Fett.  IG-88 would willingly allow Fett to take the leadership position.  Bossk would be too reckless to be a leader, and 4-LOM and Zuckuss... well, they're 4-LOM and Zuckuss.

Ringman expressed his frustration with players simply not grabbing hold and driving the story.  This happens in his tabletop campaigns, too. 

The thing is, yes one person may end up taking control of the story, as I did with the Pokemon RP, but it doesn't mean that everyone should just sit back and watch.  Join in and add to it, or steer it in a new direction.

And this holds doubly true if your character is a leader archetype.  You are supposed to lead.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #577 on: June 25, 2013, 07:02:36 AM
The problem with the Wushu RP is that with all I was thinking about for the other two RP's, I really had no idea where I wanted to go in that one. It's similar to how I write, or don't write, my GoRPM's. It's just more inspirational than anything. An idea pops into my head and bam, I write. Right now I'm out of the loop with the Poke RP because...well you people update that so damn fast and don't use my characters in anything! XD

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #578 on: June 25, 2013, 07:04:46 AM
I don't think anyone actually wants MCH to leave. But if he's not mature enough for something as simple as letting others have fun in an RP, that's a problem.

I'm also taking into account his furry ecchi thread, which tried to "rival" mine.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #579 on: June 25, 2013, 07:06:16 AM
The problem with the Wushu RP is that with all I was thinking about for the other two RP's, I really had no idea where I wanted to go in that one. It's similar to how I write, or don't write, my GoRPM's. It's just more inspirational than anything. An idea pops into my head and bam, I write. Right now I'm out of the loop with the Poke RP because...well you people update that so damn fast and don't use my characters in anything! XD

Well, unless specifically told to do so, I try to avoid commandeering characters.

You're not totally at fault for the Wushu campaign.  Ringman was more irritated with MCH, actually. :\

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #580 on: June 25, 2013, 07:06:48 AM
I don't think anyone actually wants MCH to leave. But if he's not mature enough for something as simple as letting others have fun in an RP, that's a problem.

I'm also taking into account his furry ecchi thread, which tried to "rival" mine.
Well if he does the edits I have to do would be simple.  Just pretend you forgot that Zeta's dead friend is a Catgirl.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #581 on: June 25, 2013, 07:10:51 AM
Heh, I'm pretty sure I said people can write Lt. PB & Karen in that RP! XD

With the Wily RP, I'm primarily writing PBPB & Fxeni's story since Sakura needs PB for stuff right now. Eventually, I will start writing him again. But with that, Fxeni & I go back and forth with writing each other's characters cause it helps move that particular story along. With the Poke RP, there's no way I can keep up with how often that gets updated. So it's hard to just throw my characters back into it.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #582 on: June 25, 2013, 07:12:27 AM
The problem is I don't think I can write PB and Karen's spontaneousness and randomness well. 

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #583 on: June 25, 2013, 07:14:05 AM
I can't write their randomness, either.  I'd rather leave that to you.  However, I will gladly zombie-move them.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #584 on: June 25, 2013, 07:15:54 AM
So happy I'm doing things right as a newbie. :'( At least I think I am based on what I've read so far. X(

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #585 on: June 25, 2013, 07:17:21 AM
The only reason I can write Wilypocalyse PB so well is because he's a Broken Ace and I can write that well.

So happy I'm doing things right as a newbie. :'( At least I think I am based on what I've read so far. X(
Same here.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #586 on: June 25, 2013, 07:23:23 AM
Well, if this helps for adding a little more mutuality to the Pokemon RP at least, I was going to have some former Team Rocket members oversee the magical properties of Tarot Cat's cards and attempt to steal them for themselves either in the hopes of pleasing Giovanni or keep it for themselves and try to overthrow him with them (Or try a different team, but I haven't watched the anime in a while and am still getting out of the outdated knowledge of Red and Blue), and even have access to Tarot Cat's original form which, without a conscience to control it, will forcefully draw in every card exposed to it.  But I was worried I'd draw too much attention away from Pokemon in general and have it be all about the cards, so I was holding off at least until the familiar trio of Team Rocket are "forced" to take the group to where Mewtwo is being held (though the way things are going, I may end up having to rethink when they're going to show up).

The Team Rocket members I was contemplating on using was either the two remaining manga-only Three Beasts of Team Rocket (most likely Carr since he's the most eager to want to take control of Team Rocket), or two of the four Rocket Generals (see following description on link), either Archer or Petrel since they're the least loyal to Team Rocket in terms of how they were portrayed in the manga.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #587 on: June 25, 2013, 07:27:47 AM
Go for it.  I was planning on name-dropping Sird and/or Carr at some point, but never got around to it.

As for the group heading to Team Rocket... Yeah, it's looking unlikely, as Mewtwo is pretty much getting out of there.  However...

Plenty of opportunity to throw in some manga Rocket members to stop him! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #588 on: June 25, 2013, 07:29:27 AM
Maybe Sakura can mention seeing Sird in the past because she was also a member of Team Galactic.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #589 on: June 25, 2013, 07:30:12 AM
The problem is I don't think I can write PB and Karen's spontaneousness and randomness well. 

I can't write their randomness, either.  I'd rather leave that to you.  However, I will gladly zombie-move them.

Well there in lies the other problem. They don't really fit in with what's happening anymore. Their characters are written to be very adventurous, spontaneous, and carefree. But with what's going on, they don't really have a place in the group. Not to mention that they're useless if no one else can write them accept me in an RP that updates 3-4 pages before I can get a chance to join back in. XD

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #590 on: June 25, 2013, 07:31:33 AM
Yeah I never expected the Pokemon RP to turn that serious.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #591 on: June 25, 2013, 07:32:37 AM
Maybe they went to Team Rocket's base by themselves? 8D

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #592 on: June 25, 2013, 07:33:30 AM
It's all my fault. ;^;

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #593 on: June 25, 2013, 07:34:33 AM
I still want to go to Cerulean at one point so PB can get back Admiral Lightning.

It's all my fault. ;^;
Nah this happened when Quickie joined, which is understandable since she writes a lot of serious stuff when she writes.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #594 on: June 25, 2013, 07:36:31 AM
Yeah, this is totally my doing.  I tend to RP serious RPs, mainly due to my tabletop background.  I throw in some jokes here and there, but I tend to take my moves and RPing very seriously.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #595 on: June 25, 2013, 07:38:34 AM
Wow, that's pretty much how I rp. o.o I don't mind how things are going at all since I'm used to this.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #596 on: June 25, 2013, 07:39:14 AM
Well, I guess it's a good reason I retained Jessie, James, and Meowth's silliness to a point.  In the Black and White series, they practically lose their campiness and took their assignments seriously and even accomplished a few tasks along the way.

And maybe after we get Mewtwo back, we can try and turn it back into the campy, less serious RP it was supposed to be. 8D

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #597 on: June 25, 2013, 07:40:08 AM
I would like that to be honest.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #598 on: June 25, 2013, 07:43:15 AM
That'd be a nice turn of things as my character hasnt really shown a humorous side much yet.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #599 on: June 25, 2013, 07:50:45 AM
In any case, I'll figure something out for them. Or just write them out completely and write in a whole new character or something. Perhaps I'll be evil!