The new next-gen 2013 Xbox reveal (discussions here)

VixyNyan · 68069

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #425 on: June 19, 2013, 05:17:27 AM
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the Xboned's design is last minute. It's so [tornado fang]ing plain and boring that it looks like it took no long time to design, while the PS4 is VERY designed.

I find it so odd that some people actually find the Xbone appealing compared to the PS4.

Maybe its that I just don't get how people can find a large cumbersome box more appealing than a far smaller console with a slightly more unique shape.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #426 on: June 19, 2013, 05:18:45 AM
The thing looks like a blue ray player, which I find weird.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #427 on: June 19, 2013, 05:20:12 AM
I've learned long ago that humanity is full of very stupid people, and their voices tend to be the loudest.
This.

I was talking to my boss about this because he was asking why I thought the Xboned was bad. I didn't give him reasons as to why I THOUGHT it was bad but how I KNEW it was bad through facts. For aome reason he still thinks this is all my personal opinion. Too bad I cant throw the internet at people.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #428 on: June 19, 2013, 05:27:10 AM
>Confirmed, Intrusive DRM that fucks with game sharing and playing in general

>THAT'S JUST LIKE, YOUR OPINION, MAN

Ok.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #429 on: June 19, 2013, 05:29:50 AM
Your boss is weird.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #430 on: June 19, 2013, 05:33:52 AM
I find this whole debacle worthy of... well, this:

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #431 on: June 19, 2013, 05:42:10 AM
Agreed.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #432 on: June 19, 2013, 05:51:39 AM
As I said before, if there are games (good ones), there "might" be an appeal (even for me), but right now my money is on Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS and DKC Tropical Freeze. :3

Think ahead before purchase.

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #433 on: June 19, 2013, 06:02:33 AM
As I said before, if there are games (good ones), there "might" be an appeal (even for me), but right now my money is on Smash Bros for WiiU/3DS and DKC Tropical Freeze. :3

My money is on you!  8D

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #434 on: June 19, 2013, 06:06:45 AM

Is it even going to be available in sweden? I mean half the appeal must already be gone from it seeing as you can't get the Non-existant Japanese console like you usually do.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #435 on: June 19, 2013, 06:07:19 AM
The only time I will ever buy this DRM-bloated piece of crap if it goes down to $50-100. Until then, unless it gets ported to another console or PC, Crimson Dragon is dead to me.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #436 on: June 19, 2013, 06:52:26 AM
The only time I will ever buy this DRM-bloated piece of crap if it goes down to $50-100. Until then, unless it gets ported to another console or PC, Crimson Dragon is dead to me.

You're insane if you think you'll ever be able to buy this piece of [parasitic bomb] at $50-100.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #437 on: June 19, 2013, 06:57:43 AM
You're insane if you think you'll ever be able to buy this piece of [parasitic bomb] at $50-100.
He's exaggerating.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #438 on: June 19, 2013, 07:01:11 AM
He's exaggerating.

I sure as hell hope so.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: June 19, 2013, 07:11:36 AM
I find this whole debacle worthy of... well, this:

Love that episode. :cookie:

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #440 on: June 19, 2013, 09:29:19 AM
Speaking of trying to be like Steam.

http://www.pcauthority.com.au/News/346744,possible-microsoft-engineer-on-xbox-one-we-suck-at-telling-the-story.aspx

Considering Microsoft already announced their prices will remain at 60$ a game, I doubt that so called engineer is right. Just because companies can sell it to you at a lower price, doesn't mean they will. Often times they won't. Companies get use to raking in 60$ a game, and you will see them keep that price with a death grip.

Microsoft has already proven it has no benevolence toward the consumer, and there is no reason anyone should be falling for this.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #441 on: June 19, 2013, 10:46:33 PM
It's so [tornado fang]ing plain and boring that it looks like it took no long time to design, while the PS4 is VERY designed.
I find it so odd that some people actually find the Xbone appealing compared to the PS4.

Maybe its that I just don't get how people can find a large cumbersome box more appealing than a far smaller console with a slightly more unique shape.

I just feel the need to point out that besides being slightly smaller and more of a parallelogram in shape than rectangular, the XBoned and the PS4 look almost exactly the same.  ...Take that how you will.

Considering Microsoft already announced their prices will remain at 60$ a game, I doubt that so called engineer is right. Just because companies can sell it to you at a lower price, doesn't mean they will. Often times they won't.

This is exactly what I'm expecting to happen in the long term.  XBox 360 launch games on XBL are still [tornado fang]ing 50-60 dollars.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: June 19, 2013, 10:52:18 PM
This is exactly what I'm expecting to happen in the long term.  XBox 360 launch games on XBL are still [tornado fang]ing 50-60 dollars.
This is why you shouldn't bother with digital releases on consoles.

It doesn't matter what system you play, its the same either way.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #443 on: June 19, 2013, 10:59:48 PM
http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/19/microsoft-to-drop-its-drm-control-with-xbox-one-report/

AHAHA THEY ACTUALLY CAVED

Looks like they were not so stupid after all. They know they will lose a TON of customers from this boneheaded nonsense.

I still want nothing to do with the Kinect though, so until that becomes optional, sorry MS, but no deal.

Besides, the PS4 is STILL cheaper and more powerful. And just LOOKS better. Not like a last minute design based on the designer's old VCR.

To be honest, I was always more a Sony fan. Got a PS1 and PS2 for birthdays, never had an Xbox, and I only bought the 360 because I could actually get it cheaper than the PS4, which was ridiculously priced.

Nowadays though, seems the other way around.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #444 on: June 19, 2013, 11:02:07 PM
Oh, what a shame.

I thought they would've stuck to their guns and make a huge mistake that would've cost them everything.

They've still lost a lot of goodwill though.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #445 on: June 19, 2013, 11:02:18 PM
Haha, holy crap.  That's actually a shocker.  I suspected that they would hold onto their policies for as long as they could, not cave so quickly.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #446 on: June 19, 2013, 11:08:15 PM
Woo that is amazing they actually did it! XD

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #447 on: June 19, 2013, 11:11:44 PM
I didn't see that coming honestly. Somehow I think theres a big caveat here somewhere. I'm not convinced they're done trying to screw us yet.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #448 on: June 19, 2013, 11:23:41 PM
Well the Kinect is still there, and the price so far, is still there.

To be honest, I think they just made a business call upon seeing the overwhelming negative feedback towards THEM and positive feedback towards SONY. They didn't want to lose to them so they decided to drop the DRM, although I'm sure they wanted it to stay. But they just wouldn't even come close to competing with the PS4 if they kept it. And they saw that. If we are to believe that Sony spread misinformation to make MS think they were also making a DRM machine, then MS' console was made to counter Sony's, which ended up backfiring when Sony decided to turn around and counter THEM with a DRM free machine. So they had to even the playing field back by removing their DRM, after trying to stick to their guns for a while, and even suggesting those who don't like it should just buy the 360. After all, this means increased development cost now. They still might not make back their expenditures. Since theres the Xboned development, the extra development being put into adjusting the system due to those issues it was having, and now the dev cost of removing the DRM from the planning. Since clearly, that was not going to be the big "everyone's doing it" feature of the next generation.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #449 on: June 20, 2013, 12:13:20 AM
I'm shocked honestly, though it did save the One for a bit I'm still going PS4 first... and...

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3