Mr. Haxwell · 1064758

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16275 on: February 17, 2014, 02:18:06 AM
Flaunting one's profession doesn't automatically make them a better person.  So, you wrote a novel.  Big deal.  So did a bunch of people.  Is it published?  It is?  Big deal, so is a friend of mine.  Here's the catch; those novels--just because they're finished--aren't always written very well, and most aren't published.  And those published ones?  My friend published his for free through an on-demand publisher.  He makes perhaps a dollar off each sale.  It doesn't make him any better than anyone else, and it doesn't automatically make his writing any better (I've read it, it's still very amateur).

So, you work in game development.  Good for you?  Your point?  There is none.  It's a job.  That's all it is.  You have military training.  So, you went through Basic?  Whoopie.  You're still not any special, and really, your ass can still be handed to you.  Basic training is an intensive exercise program with some basic (BASIC) weapons training, and that training would only apply IF you had access to those weapons, which most inactive service members will not have.  Thus, it's moot.  

Flaunting one's profession just makes that person an ass, and I have seen time and time again that despite all of their "worldly" experiences or "higher education," people are still idiots where it counts.

Offline xnamkcor

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16276 on: February 17, 2014, 02:24:48 AM
I used to make pizza for a living. Everything I say about cooking is right and you're wrong!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #16277 on: February 17, 2014, 02:24:58 AM
Haha, what a funny story.

Looking at those comments, uhh who the [tornado fang] is this brotoad guy has he actually been to this site before. Also holy [tornado fang] white-knight brigade.

Going to a community with a very small userbase and then basically posting just to shill a fangame is shitty. I stand by that notion, always will.

It would seem he took Clefant's statements seriously and ignored Fxeni.

He's got it backwards. He's supposed to ignore Clefant and listen to Fxeni.

Honestly I agree with that statement but it's too late now anyway.

Well fine if you guys feel that way I'll just leave and complain to people that you were mean to me, and by complain I mean I'll act like I told you all off.
Bunch of meanies.

But seriously now, This was what, March 2013 when this stuff happened? I got a rush out of being a douche, I've grown past that since but in any circumstance the way he acted was just pitiful, basically he whined like a child, then passed it off as him being too cool for school and how he "put us in our place".

Like a [tornado fang]ing child.

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #16278 on: February 17, 2014, 02:25:43 AM
Seriously and the whole teaching future scientists triade, my mom has a BA in Chemistry and guess what she does.  She's a QA manager in a place that makes surgically implanted lenses for people with cataracts and hasn't made a single lense in years.  She oversees the process and makes sure things aren't broken, tells people what to do and how to fix things, some PR, and some Programing which she didn't study in college.  In fact the actual science work in quite a few fields is usually grunt work at times.

The number of people who will follow up and become scientists will be slim.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16279 on: February 17, 2014, 02:41:23 AM
I updated my Tumblr.

And yeah, I've heard many a story about a person with a master's in mathematics who manages a Toys 'R' Us.  It's one of the biggest reasons why I haven't bothered with finishing off my degree, as it's very slim that I'll get the career I want.  And the more obscure the degree, the higher the chance of never finding a job in that field.  Basically, my job opportunities if I pursue forensic entomology would be through universities, and that's very, VERY slim.  The degree would just give me more clout with Schindler elevator company when I apply there for small parts assembly.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16280 on: February 17, 2014, 02:50:51 AM
Except in Plant Science, there's so many jobs you can have in the field it's not even funny, one of the reasons I got out of there was simply because it was to vast.  

The straight Agriculture major in school is basically for those who want to teach Agriculture in High School and Agribusiness is a hybrid of Agriculture and Business but I felt that most of the field of Agriculture is very controversial so I just wanted to abandon it all together.  

Also for some reason Apparel Merchandising falls into Agriculture, which I find slightly strange.  Food and Nutrition too but I see it belonging there even if I think it should be in Hospitality and Restaurant management since that's a relatively new major and we don't have a straight cooking major.  

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16281 on: February 17, 2014, 03:56:28 AM
Mabel fell asleep behind my chair and she faceplanted. :3

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16282 on: February 17, 2014, 04:05:37 AM
Snowball usually curls or lays around in her sleep so I've never seen her faceplant except for that one time, and I'm exactly sure it was a faceplant.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16283 on: February 17, 2014, 05:41:24 AM
And yeah, I've heard many a story about a person with a master's in mathematics who manages a Toys 'R' Us.  It's one of the biggest reasons why I haven't bothered with finishing off my degree, as it's very slim that I'll get the career I want.  And the more obscure the degree, the higher the chance of never finding a job in that field.  Basically, my job opportunities if I pursue forensic entomology would be through universities, and that's very, VERY slim.  The degree would just give me more clout with Schindler elevator company when I apply there for small parts assembly.

In all honesty, unless you are going into a specific field like being a doctor, a lawyer, or a scientist of some type, degrees are pretty worthless. That's no reason not to go to college, mind you. The most important part of college is the minor stepping stone knowledge you get and, more importantly, the internship. The internship, if it's a good one, helps you get the on-site learning experience which benefits you more than the class or degree ever will. Plus, you make connections. Those connections helps you get a job more than the degree ever will.

For the most part, a huge chunk of college is an absolute [tornado fang]ing scam. 85% of jobs out there can be taught on site, with basic knowledge. They care more about your ability to work well with others and have good job etiquette than the degree you have.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16284 on: February 17, 2014, 05:43:52 AM
Sad but true, though I do need the business knowledge in all honesty.

EDIT: Although I would like to add Engineering and Computer Science to the list above.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16285 on: February 17, 2014, 05:54:11 AM
Sad but true, though I do need the business knowledge in all honesty.

EDIT: Although I would like to add Engineering and Computer Science to the list above.

You need the basic knowledge, yes. But a lot of the other stuff can be taught to you on site.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16286 on: February 17, 2014, 05:55:41 AM
That's probably true, especially to run my own business.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #16287 on: February 17, 2014, 05:58:36 AM
That's why the internship program is the most important thing. It helps you learn from people with experience, as well as make connections with said people.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16288 on: February 17, 2014, 06:03:05 AM
Definitely, but at least I do know how to make a business plan somewhat.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16289 on: February 17, 2014, 06:14:56 AM
Someone give me a baseline for perfect IVs.  I just bred a Drowzee with 6 for every stat and 12 HP.  Good or bad?

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16290 on: February 17, 2014, 06:18:01 AM
Someone give me a baseline for perfect IVs.  I just bred a Drowzee with 6 for every stat and 12 HP.  Good or bad?
Use the formula here.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/IV

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16291 on: February 17, 2014, 06:27:52 AM
... *Brain breaks*

Forget it, I'll just assume that it's good.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16292 on: February 17, 2014, 06:30:40 AM
You can go to the guy in the Pokemon Center in Kiloude to check.  If their Superior then it's perfect and he'll say multiple stats if multiple are perfect.  But as I said before Natures and EVs are far, far more important than IVs.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16293 on: February 17, 2014, 06:40:34 AM
Got her judged.  She's decent, but has the best speed I've gotten from a Drowzee.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16294 on: February 17, 2014, 06:44:09 AM
Ooh crap those are some really low IVs if he said Decent all around.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stats_judge#In_Generation_VI

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16295 on: February 17, 2014, 06:48:19 AM
He said that the stats were fantastic or something, but described her potential as "decent all around."

Getting her judged again.

Above average overall (keep in mind she's at level 1).  Best stat is Sp. Def and a good Speed stat.  Simply can't be beat.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16296 on: February 17, 2014, 06:51:12 AM
Okay so at least one stat is Fantastic while the others are Decent, okay that makes some more sense.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #16297 on: February 17, 2014, 06:54:15 AM
I got her judged again and edited my post.  Got her stats confused with my Hypno's, who isn't really all that special.  My Sigilyph isn't, either.  Runaway is apparently too damn slow.  So, my team are a bunch of underdogs.  Mewtwo's the only really outstanding one, and he's a meat shield.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #16298 on: February 17, 2014, 07:08:36 AM
So I'm watching a playthrough of Bravely Default since I don't have the game yet.

I do like the story but...Agnes and her hesitance to trust or rely on certain people really bothers me a lot.  I mean I understand she's sheltered and has a duty, but it's kind of really grating compared to the other characters.  I'm sure it'll pass, but it kind of bothers me quite a bit.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #16299 on: February 17, 2014, 09:05:46 AM
Don't watch a playthrough, then you'll never play it when you actually get it! D:

And yes it does pass.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything