Sonic Generations (360, PS3, 3DS) - Holiday 2011

Rin · 96126

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #375 on: October 12, 2011, 01:29:36 AM
My computer is a mish-mash of old and new parts.  I've got six gigs of RAM and a 750w power supply, and 750 gigs of total HDD space, but a motherboard, CPU, and graphics card that all date back to 2007/2008, the RAM is all DDR2 and two gigs of it is about half as fast as the rest of it.  It can probably run some new games decently, but I certainly wouldn't expect something like the Hedgehog Engine to perform at anything close to acceptable.
Why not replace your motherboard/CPU? Make use of an integrated graphics card while not getting a new one.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: October 12, 2011, 03:06:53 AM
DELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! >________>

Mirbs.

NO DELL.

DELL BAD.

NO DELL. EVIL.

BAD DELL. BAD.
is it worse than Acer?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #377 on: October 12, 2011, 04:05:25 AM
A) Integrated GPUs suck.  B) I'm not going to replace the mobo/CPU until I don't have a choice in the matter, and C) I haven't got the cash right now.  Besides, this computer's pretty good for what it is.  I'm just glad I wasn't planning on getting the PC version of Sonic Generations.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: October 12, 2011, 10:15:44 AM
is it worse than Acer?
Why's Acer bad? I'm working on an Acer right now. Got it for about €300, and it's an i5 with all the bells and whistles, I can even play The Witcher 2 at a reasonable quality. I've worked in two Acer computers so far, and they've both lasted a really good amount of time, and gave me exactly what I expected from them.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: October 14, 2011, 01:34:20 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSk2H4UbAgU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #380 on: October 14, 2011, 03:55:25 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSk2H4UbAgU&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
- You don't go Werehog for the Egg Dragoon! Yaaaaay!
- You don't go Super for Perfect Chaos. Awwwww (still not sure I like the redesign, I gotta check it out in HD to see its detail.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #381 on: October 14, 2011, 06:31:09 PM
- You don't go Super for Perfect Chaos. Awwwww (still not sure I like the redesign, I gotta check it out in HD to see its detail.

Considering the game's using the Red Ring system from Colors, and judging by Achievement icons, there's a chance that players can get the ability to manually go Super (as both Sonics). I could be wrong in the end, though - but seeing as this is purely a fanservice game, it'd be an utter shame (though not disownment) if it wasn't possible. Would be even cooler if you could do it in the boss fights, too.

Also, the Time Eater looks like a wuss.  8D

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #382 on: October 14, 2011, 10:52:16 PM

:)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #383 on: October 15, 2011, 01:52:52 AM
Considering the game's using the Red Ring system from Colors, and judging by Achievement icons, there's a chance that players can get the ability to manually go Super (as both Sonics). I could be wrong in the end, though - but seeing as this is purely a fanservice game, it'd be an utter shame (though not disownment) if it wasn't possible. Would be even cooler if you could do it in the boss fights, too.

Also, the Time Eater looks like a wuss.  8D
My problem is the fact that Perfect Chaos used to be a BIG, respectful villain. The God of Destruction, in his ultimate phase. Going Super Sonic in that fight meant something, specially when it was the first game in which the story was a bit more complex than usual. By having a fight with regular Sonic, it kinda takes away from the scale.

I guess the redesign has got to do with the fact that he now needs a new movement routine, a new kind of "arena" and a new weak point.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #384 on: October 15, 2011, 02:17:09 AM
My problem is the fact that Perfect Chaos used to be a BIG, respectful villain. The God of Destruction, in his ultimate phase. Going Super Sonic in that fight meant something, specially when it was the first game in which the story was a bit more complex than usual. By having a fight with regular Sonic, it kinda takes away from the scale.

I guess the redesign has got to do with the fact that he now needs a new movement routine, a new kind of "arena" and a new weak point.

Well, he still seems to have the same weakpoint at least. You can see Sonic homing attacking his brain that's sticking out.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: October 15, 2011, 03:05:51 AM

He's gotten fat. I'm not fond of this new "shell" of his, specially after it's left him with a gigantic obvious weak point. The previous weak point was at least INSIDE of him.

And it seems that those spikes around him are either weak points or they are fired out to attack you or something. I honestly thought his two beam/shot attacks were enough, but perhaps this will provide with some variety. The bigger mouth/tongue makes him look like a gigantic frog head on top of a snake body. His shell's "legs" or tentacles or whatever don't seem to provide any function either, and seeing as I only see one tentacle far away, it makes him look like a t-rex with tiiiiiny hands.

That light-ish horn of his seems to be the weak point this time around, rather than going inside him at enough speed and bursting out of his mouth, making him explode. Overall, he looks less scary, more goofy and weaker. I don't really like this new design, but all of this is honestly my opinion in terms of asthetics. It kinda seems like they're tacking on useless crap on him. Reminds me of the changes that classic japanese Godzilla got in the american 98 Godzilla movie. It's like piling useless crap on a perfectly fine design which doesn't need any changes.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #386 on: October 15, 2011, 03:28:22 AM
I figured out the problem. That's not Perfect Chaos.

It's a new form known as Not Quite Perfect Chaos. They're similar, but not quite. XD

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #387 on: October 15, 2011, 03:29:15 AM

He's gotten fat. I'm not fond of this new "shell" of his, specially after it's left him with a gigantic obvious weak point. The previous weak point was at least INSIDE of him.

And it seems that those spikes around him are either weak points or they are fired out to attack you or something. I honestly thought his two beam/shot attacks were enough, but perhaps this will provide with some variety. The bigger mouth/tongue makes him look like a gigantic frog head on top of a snake body. His shell's "legs" or tentacles or whatever don't seem to provide any function either, and seeing as I only see one tentacle far away, it makes him look like a t-rex with tiiiiiny hands.

That light-ish horn of his seems to be the weak point this time around, rather than going inside him at enough speed and bursting out of his mouth, making him explode. Overall, he looks less scary, more goofy and weaker. I don't really like this new design, but all of this is honestly my opinion in terms of asthetics. It kinda seems like they're tacking on useless crap on him. Reminds me of the changes that classic japanese Godzilla got in the american 98 Godzilla movie. It's like piling useless crap on a perfectly fine design which doesn't need any changes.

Also, Don't forget that Sega does not know what they are doing, remixing Egg Dragoon to ACTUALLY look menacing, making that Egg Bot look cool and making Silver competent? What is this? not to mention that Perfect Chaos' graphically inferior, dog-like, and over-mechanical original is changed into something that is an actual CHAOS being?! Sega, YOU SU-

Okay, I can't keep this up any longer, are you a sonic fan or my friggin' English teacher?! Sega upscaled Chaos' look and redefined him as, not a water monster solely, but a being of chaos! He looked kinda hilarious during the Dreamcast era, seeing that he looked like he was "sniffing" the air; Chaos was meant to look like something not belonging to this universe and a spirit of the Master Emerald, hence the green glow, the weak point was made for gameplay purposes, not for storyline logic.

New Perfect Chaos looks perfectly fine, pun not intended.  

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #388 on: October 15, 2011, 04:12:02 AM
I like the redesign for the most part (though the teeth could stand to be bigger).  But, I kinda agree with Batty on how taking him on as normal Sonic kinda kills the "Perfect Chaos" vibe.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #389 on: October 15, 2011, 04:58:13 AM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: October 15, 2011, 06:07:56 AM
I like the redesign for the most part (though the teeth could stand to be bigger).  But, I kinda agree with Batty on how taking him on as normal Sonic kinda kills the "Perfect Chaos" vibe.

Maybe Sonic's just gotten so 'powerful'/skilled since his fight with Perfect Chaos (mind you, this was all the way back in 1998 when the first SA was released) that he doesn't even need to go Super? Just picking at strings here.

Also, not sure if it's true or not, but supposedly you can unlock the Homing Attack for Classic Sonic, at least in the 3DS version - not sure if it will be necessary whatsoever, but it could be a hint of sorts at Classic Sonic evolving towards the Modern Sonic.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #391 on: October 15, 2011, 10:31:59 AM
Also, Don't forget that Sega does not know what they are doing, remixing Egg Dragoon to ACTUALLY look menacing, making that Egg Bot look cool and making Silver competent? What is this? not to mention that Perfect Chaos' graphically inferior, dog-like, and over-mechanical original is changed into something that is an actual CHAOS being?! Sega, YOU SU-

Okay, I can't keep this up any longer, are you a sonic fan or my friggin' English teacher?! Sega upscaled Chaos' look and redefined him as, not a water monster solely, but a being of chaos! He looked kinda hilarious during the Dreamcast era, seeing that he looked like he was "sniffing" the air; Chaos was meant to look like something not belonging to this universe and a spirit of the Master Emerald, hence the green glow, the weak point was made for gameplay purposes, not for storyline logic.

New Perfect Chaos looks perfectly fine, pun not intended.  
I'm nitpicking the one thing that looks bad in this game, seeing as eternal praise can only take one topic so far.

The Egg Dragoon has always looked like a typical Eggman machine. It's par for the course, just been turned into a more enjoyable boss, most likely. Eggman-branded robots aren't supposed to look menacing, they're supposed to be "LOOK, I PUT MY FACE ON THIS HUGE MACHINE!"

And I'm giving my own opinion on the redesign, for story purposes, for gameplay purposes, and for asthetic purposes. I say so on my reply. The "sniffing the air" thing, I dunno what that has to do with it here, since we're not even seeing his animations yet, only his redesign from an asthetic perspective. Like I said, he looks like a perfectly decent beast with a ton of [parasitic bomb] piled on top of him.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/sonic-generations/achievements/
http://www.sonicretro.org/2011/09/first-look-at-some-of-sonic-generations-achievements/
http://www.hybridgames.co.uk/news/archive/september2011/sonic-generations-achievements-revealed/

Discuss~
The cheevs seem pretty par for the course. I'm kinda sad devs, or whoever's in charge of achivements, turns them into "Just beat the game normally" instead of turning them into actual crazy humorous challenges in a game. I think Dead Rising was the only game that did that right.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: October 16, 2011, 03:18:47 AM
Not sure if this has been posted already, I dont recall it having been.

And if it has, well, it sure as hell wont hurt to watch it again.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYxChLsH0PY[/youtube]

because damn does it look sexy.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #393 on: October 16, 2011, 03:46:19 AM
Interesting.

I played classic City Escape today. It's really fun. Tons of different paths to take. Apparently the 3DS version was hidden in the Nintendo booth. I'll try that out tomorrow hopefully.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #394 on: October 16, 2011, 04:30:45 AM
Interesting.

I played classic City Escape today. It's really fun. Tons of different paths to take. Apparently the 3DS version was hidden in the Nintendo booth. I'll try that out tomorrow hopefully.

Gah, I couldn't find the console OR the 3DS version of Generations. B(

And the only 3DS games I saw available were Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Ocarina 3D, Pokemon and Tetris. That's it. I was hoping to take a shot at RE: Revelations, but it wasn't there, they barely had any 3rd party 3DS games.

Mario Kart 7 was [tornado fang]ing fantastic, definitely picking it up when it launches.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #395 on: October 16, 2011, 06:30:37 AM
RE: Revelations was only at Capcom's booth as far as I can tell.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #396 on: October 16, 2011, 04:00:10 PM
Fans are really pissed for the classic version in Generations 3DS having homing attacks.

I understand it doesn't fit, but I find it amusing to see how much they're raging about it. 8D

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: October 16, 2011, 04:46:12 PM
Waitwaitwait- they are giving Classic Sonic 3DS a homing attack? The hell? that makes even LESS difference between Classic and modern.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: October 16, 2011, 05:14:52 PM
Waitwaitwait- they are giving Classic Sonic 3DS a homing attack? The hell? that makes even LESS difference between Classic and modern.

No idea. Fans are RAGING.

Still, it's only in the 3DS version.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #399 on: October 16, 2011, 07:28:23 PM
True. Noone cares about that version anyway.

Except apparently Sonic fans