Sonic Unleashed

Phi · 208492

Poll

Which version of Unleashed will you buy?

PS3
3 (9.7%)
12 (38.7%)
Wii
12 (38.7%)
PS2
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #525 on: January 04, 2009, 05:59:57 AM
is it a stellar game? so far, i don't think so. i think its a decent game based on the amount i've played (just beat the Egg Beetle). the problem here is that people are letting hype and expectations rule their opinions. you have to have a little more open mind with this game. honestly, if you're expecting to go fast in the Werehog stages, you shouldn't be playing the game at all.
Which is actually a little funny, since some (hot dog) missions do require you to speed run the Werehog levels. That's where you pick up a lot of the skills in the levels. However, generally, rushing isn't smiled upon with the werehog since you get tons of points from just pummeling the snot out of everything. A good balance of the two lead to massive point boosts.

I didn't really care about the homing attack changing buttons. It's like the people who absolutely cried foul because Mega Man Anniversary Collection had a weird button set up. Suck it up, you pansies. I swear, if a texture looks a hair bit off, we get some nutjob swearing up a storm on how crap the game is, unappreciative bastards.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #526 on: January 04, 2009, 06:09:03 AM
I'm done trying to argue this is an awful game, because it is.

This is just one of those arguments (like politics) where ain't nobody going to listen.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #527 on: January 04, 2009, 06:21:46 AM
post on unnapreciative youngin's
^this

well, in any case, everyone is entitled to their opinion. no ones putting a gun to your head and saying LIKE THE GAME!, we just try to persuade you to our view. in short, yeah. its EXACTLY like politics. 8D

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #528 on: January 04, 2009, 06:26:38 AM
This is just one of those arguments (like politics) where ain't nobody going to listen.
So... somebody is listening?

You're not going to convince many people this is an awful game when it seems a fair consensus find it to be rather fun and enjoyable. However, I did laugh out loud when you said "I expect better for Sonic!" Thanks for that. I look forward to seeing your new username from this little tantrum.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #529 on: January 04, 2009, 06:35:53 AM
*dumps ice on STM as well*
you chill out too. >_>

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #530 on: January 04, 2009, 06:40:37 AM
"I expect better for Sonic!"

this is rather funny. anyone who expected a spectacular Sonic game was only fooling themselves. its like actually believing John McCain could have won the presidency.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #531 on: January 04, 2009, 06:42:26 AM
its like actually believing John McCain could have won the presidency.
Ohhh no you didnt start on politics...

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #532 on: January 04, 2009, 06:43:12 AM
*dumps ice on STM as well*
you chill out too. >_>
Fool! The T stands for Tengu! I'm weak to ice!

(explodes into eight little circles)

You're gonna be regretful!

</poor attempt at imminently needed topic derailment>

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #533 on: January 04, 2009, 06:43:30 AM
this is rather funny. anyone who expected a spectacular Sonic game was only fooling themselves. its like actually believing John McCain could have won the presidency.

.. If he ever did, he'd then lose it by publicly saying, "Yippie-kai-yay, motherfuckers."  :)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #534 on: January 04, 2009, 06:45:36 AM
Fool! The T stands for Tengu! I'm weak to ice!

(explodes into eight little circles)

You're gonna be regretful!

</poor attempt at imminently needed topic derailment>

-Megaman 8-

-YOU GOT:  TORNADO HOLD!-

*saves game*[/totally not  derailment from politics]

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #535 on: January 04, 2009, 08:45:17 AM
Again, I truly find it amazing that people are complaining about Sonic moving TOO fast.  I really find that hilarious.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #536 on: January 04, 2009, 09:47:06 AM
So far the only real thing I've found insanely annoying are the controls for the Werehog when it comes to climbing things. It took me forever to figure out how to jump from a pole, even though I should've just hit the jump button (instead, I have to hit, hold, and let go twice). That caused me to die an easy 20 times, because of the damn fact that the ice thing I was one would fall off. Another thing is the controls on just any pole, you move too far and can't really adjust where you move to, so if you don't latch on at a certain direction, you're forced to jump to the side and pray that you can grab the next pole (and it starts to get REALLY frustrating when the poles either collapse after a certain period of time, or there's a pit of death below you). That, and the camera's view at points cause massive moments of major pissed off action (enough to warrant points down from me), but overall the game is still good.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #537 on: January 04, 2009, 03:29:02 PM
This topic just took a turn for the awesome. [/eats popcorn] XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #538 on: January 04, 2009, 06:16:41 PM
Again, I truly find it amazing that people are complaining about Sonic moving TOO fast.  I really find that hilarious.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #539 on: January 04, 2009, 06:34:56 PM
So far the only real thing I've found insanely annoying are the controls for the Werehog when it comes to climbing things. It took me forever to figure out how to jump from a pole, even though I should've just hit the jump button (instead, I have to hit, hold, and let go twice). That caused me to die an easy 20 times, because of the damn fact that the ice thing I was one would fall off. Another thing is the controls on just any pole, you move too far and can't really adjust where you move to, so if you don't latch on at a certain direction, you're forced to jump to the side and pray that you can grab the next pole (and it starts to get REALLY frustrating when the poles either collapse after a certain period of time, or there's a pit of death below you). That, and the camera's view at points cause massive moments of major pissed off action (enough to warrant points down from me), but overall the game is still good.

Double tapping A works just fine for me. I've never really had much trouble with pole jumping, aside from the odd moments where the lock on cursor doesn't appear. This seems to happen a bit on the last swing pole in Rooftop Run Night Act 1.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #540 on: January 04, 2009, 06:51:46 PM
Double tapping A works just fine for me. I've never really had much trouble with pole jumping, aside from the odd moments where the lock on cursor doesn't appear. This seems to happen a bit on the last swing pole in Rooftop Run Night Act 1.

I dunno, I just hate games that have some kind of odd control thing about them. I 2x+ tapped the button, but it seems as if I have to hold it down. Aside from that and the camera view whenever there are projectiles coming my way, there isn't a whole lot else that I can say is bad.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #541 on: January 04, 2009, 10:26:55 PM
It's like the people who absolutely cried foul because Mega Man Anniversary Collection had a weird button set up. Suck it up, you pansies. I swear, if a texture looks a hair bit off, we get some nutjob swearing up a storm on how crap the game is, unappreciative bastards.
Hey now, if we don't complain, they'll never get better.  These big video game companies have huge teams of people and millions of dollars to work with; why shouldn't we expect a perfectly refined game experience out of them?  I refuse to just "suck things up".

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #542 on: January 04, 2009, 10:29:45 PM
Hey now, if we don't complain, they'll never get better.  These big video game companies have huge teams of people and millions of dollars to work with; why shouldn't we expect a perfectly refined game experience out of them?  I refuse to just "suck things up".

If we complain, we put pressure on them, which makes it harder to make a better game when they're trying to live up to our unknown expectations, which in turn could result in another Sonic '06.  :\

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #543 on: January 05, 2009, 02:38:26 AM
You assume they actually listen to the consumer sometimes.

In this case, Capcom is one of the nice companies that do, which is all well and good. Others think the consumer is full of [parasitic bomb].

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #544 on: January 05, 2009, 06:47:10 AM
is Want Some Chocolate a meme yet?

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #545 on: January 06, 2009, 12:11:53 AM
You assume they actually listen to the consumer sometimes.

In this case, Capcom is one of the nice companies that do, which is all well and good. Others think the consumer is full of [parasitic bomb].
Funny thing, that. A lot of consumers just want to find a reason to [sonic slicer]. I mean, let's take FF8 for example. It was almost completely made with consumer ideas in mind, yet a lot of people still didn't like it. Sometimes, when people just want to nitpick, they'll find something to nitpick about, no matter how obscene it is. Sad, that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #546 on: January 06, 2009, 12:28:34 AM
Sometimes, when people just want to nitpick, they'll find something to nitpick about, no matter how obscene it is. Sad, that.

It happens to all of us.  Hell, I mean look at me.  The SOLE reason I don't play X7 is based off of my silly stubborn principle that the Main Character of his own Series has to be Unlocked.  LoL, I mean from what I hear I haven't missed much, but my reasoning is still pretty stupid!  However, I still hold true to my stubbornness regarding that game!   8)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #547 on: January 06, 2009, 12:32:20 AM
It happens to all of us.  Hell, I mean look at me.  The SOLE reason I don't play X7 is based off of my silly stubborn principle that the Main Character of his own Series has to be Unlocked.  LoL, I mean from what I hear I haven't missed much, but my reasoning is still pretty stupid!  However, I still hold true to my stubbornness regarding that game!   8)
I didn't like it either, but at least his charge shot sort of made up for it... but not really. Didn't help that the gameplay itself was screwy.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #548 on: January 06, 2009, 12:33:19 AM

You're not missing out on much. I still have some mental trauma from the amount of anger and pain X7 brought upon me. :| (GODDAMN HOSTAGES, STOP DYING RAGAHAJFHFGADGALOHAA!!!)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #549 on: January 06, 2009, 12:35:32 AM
I didn't like it either, but at least his charge shot sort of made up for it... but not really. Didn't help that the gameplay itself was screwy.

Actually, when Lou told me that once you get the Charge Shot, it makes going through the gamer a lot easier, that actually pissed me off more.  I still do like my challenge to a game.