Sonic Unleashed

Phi · 207961

Poll

Which version of Unleashed will you buy?

PS3
3 (9.7%)
12 (38.7%)
Wii
12 (38.7%)
PS2
4 (12.9%)

Total Members Voted: 31

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #300 on: November 30, 2008, 08:52:08 PM
they should skip a new theme for the next game and use Live and learn again. then use the regular version for the final boss. like in SA2.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • No one ever said all Reploids were smart.
    • View Profile
Reply #301 on: November 30, 2008, 08:53:23 PM
Well, that's Dimps for you. the Music team is practically just used to having the final battle for the final battle. '06 had the same ordeal also, with an orchistrated version of "His World" rather than the real deal. =/

If I remember correctly, you don't even hear the normal version of "His World" in '06, do you?

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #302 on: November 30, 2008, 08:54:11 PM
You know, I much prefer the orchestral music. I got bored of listening to Gioeli scream his lungs out during Metal Overlord and it did not help when they played "I Am" during Devil Doom in Shadow. I think it's more corny to have to listen to the game's full theme song when it's better reserved for the credits. Some will quickly throw out SA1 and its use of Open Your Heart and then a generic orchestral theme, and while I agree Open Your heart pumped you up, the ensuing songs didn't have that effect. Live and Learn tried to keep it and did for the most part, but it was right at Sonic Heroes where it all began to go to crap.

At any rate, Solaris 2 destroys every version of His World since the song sucked that much because all the singers are horrible. Shame they never released an instrumental of the in-game version outside of some menu themes. Nope, they opted to release an instrumental in the worst theme of the whole series... Elise's theme.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #303 on: November 30, 2008, 08:55:19 PM
Well, I've seen a youtube run of Solaris, and quite say, they used the orchistral version of "His World". that was a dissapointment rather than the epicness of Open your heart and Live and Learn of both the origional Sonic Adventures.

And a response to Elise's theme, it feels rather EMO GENERIK LAWVE SAWNG!!!11!!

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #304 on: November 30, 2008, 08:59:08 PM
You know, I much prefer the orchestral music.

I'm with Sexcellent Translucent Man here.  Maybe it's just cause I'm a sucker for Orchestrated music, but I much rather preferred it for the final boss.

Of course, I loved hearing Seven Rings in Hand during the final fight in Secret Rings, but you all know how much I love that song.  I love hearing it as I MAKE BELIEVE'S REBORN all over that Genie's ass!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #305 on: November 30, 2008, 09:00:41 PM
I liked I Am being played during Devil doom. it pumped ME up.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #306 on: November 30, 2008, 09:03:48 PM
I liked I Am being played during Devil doom. it pumped ME up.

*starts chanting Knuckle's theme* *slugged*

Eh, it's sometimes better to go with F-Zero Falcon Denitsu's main theme next game. oh the epicness.  8D

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #307 on: November 30, 2008, 09:04:58 PM
eh.. I guess it all boils down to personal opinion really.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #308 on: November 30, 2008, 09:28:16 PM
As a oldbie Sonic fan, let me put in my silly two cents and say music in Sonic games in general need more Genesis chip tunes. 8D

Also, while the 80s rock didn't bother me much in the Adventure series, I do believe that Sonic should never just be rock. If the series had to define itself with one type of music, it'd be pop, hip hop, or funk. (See Sonic 3 & Sonic Rush for details)

Still, Unleashed is pretty damn awesome with it's musical diversity. Rooftop Run Zone (Spagonia), Windmill Isle Zone (Apotos), and Dragon Road Zone (Chun-Nan) have the best post Adventure 1 level themes I've heard in a while.

Edit - Also, Unleashed brought back the tradition of calling the levels "Zones" in console games, so use the zone names dammit! XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #309 on: November 30, 2008, 09:40:49 PM
all the themes were pretty diverse. while still retaining a certain familiar feel to them. which was just what we needed.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #310 on: November 30, 2008, 09:42:53 PM
Oh, I'm a huge fan of the Unleashed soundtrack.  Very unique and awesome tracks for each stage, plus a lot of them fantastic for running at blinding speeds too.  Shamar & Chun-Nan are among my favorites.

I love the Night time themes as well.  That's why I wasn't too fond of the Battle Music.  It interrupted the awesome music.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #311 on: November 30, 2008, 09:53:59 PM
Spagonia was another good one, imo.

Also, I would prefer the Orchestrated music myself.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #312 on: November 30, 2008, 10:00:03 PM
Eggmanland FTW.
it makes me want to kick some ass, sonic style.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #313 on: November 30, 2008, 10:42:08 PM
I love the music for Empire City. Day time is pretty intense and night time gives me the feeling of a 1920s metropolis. The night time music for the hub world also sounds like a good tune to have playing on your iPod while walking around Central Park at night or any of New York's locations.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #314 on: November 30, 2008, 10:44:36 PM
Wait, he finally gets his Eggmanland that he wanted in both Sonic Rush games? Wow.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #315 on: November 30, 2008, 10:47:21 PM
I love the music for Empire City. Day time is pretty intense and night time gives me the feeling of a 1920s metropolis. The night time music for the hub world also sounds like a good tune to have playing on your iPod while walking around Central Park at night or any of New York's locations.

It is indeed a good night time walking around music in NYC.  Just like how Extra Stage 2 in Power Stone 2 is perfect sunset/night time NYC driving music!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #316 on: November 30, 2008, 10:50:17 PM

Empire City all around gets a nomination from me for best in game locale of the year so far. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #317 on: November 30, 2008, 10:51:32 PM
Empire City all around gets a nomination from me for best in game locale of the year so far. XD

Indeed.  Although, the Holoska levels are all types of Way Past Cool! 

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #318 on: November 30, 2008, 10:54:24 PM
I see your Holoska and raise you S-Rank Empire City.

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #319 on: November 30, 2008, 10:58:13 PM
Wow, people have taken to calling the final boss theme "EPICARIFICBLARGH". Indeed, I find it pretty good, but is it really worth a new vocabulary word?  ???

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #320 on: November 30, 2008, 10:58:48 PM
who else here thinks that the Holska Werehog Boss is really Reminiscent of Finalhazard...?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #321 on: November 30, 2008, 10:59:10 PM
Wow, people have taken to calling the final boss theme "EPICARIFICBLARGH". Indeed, I find it pretty good, but is it really worth a new vocabulary word?  ???

wat

Offline Nexus

• is one random son of a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #322 on: November 30, 2008, 11:00:07 PM
wat

The people on YouTube; I think that says it all.  -_-

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #323 on: November 30, 2008, 11:11:51 PM
Seems like some butchering of Epic and Terrific.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #324 on: November 30, 2008, 11:12:21 PM
And Blargh.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything