TGS 2010 THREAD

HokutoNoBen · 23544

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #150 on: September 17, 2010, 09:08:23 PM
I really don't want it to fail. Microsoft needs to be a healthy competitor in the motion race right now if all companies are to deliver healthy experiences.

...also, the PS Move won't work well with me. You need to be farther away from the TV than the distance allowed for me from my PC screen allows. I hope they fix this, as the Wii Remote doesn't have any trouble playing as close as this.

See, here's the problem with both Kinect & the PS Move, in my arrogant opinion, cause my opinions are NEVER humble XD...

I wouldn't mind seeing them do well either, because I always think that healthy competition is a good thing. If both the PS Move & Kinect do well, we are pretty much 95% guaranteed to see a new Wii HD console system within the next year or three.  Hell, we might be anyway, but it's more assured if they both start making a lot of money.

The reason I don't think they are going to is because like I said above, Nintendo has a monopoly on the market that Kinect & the PS Move are trying to grab. Not to mention the fact that from what I've seen, the average PS3 & 360 gamer (not saying everyone), want very little or nothing to do with Motion Controls, especially at the price that they are asking for Kinect and all the things you'll need for the PS Move, not to mention that they'll need the system. There in lies the other problem too.

The Wii was built around motion control gaming, whether the game needs it or not. It was also only $250, now $200, so even with all the other controller you needed to get, it was still a decent deal. So much so that kids were buying it for their parents & grandparents so that they could play some Wii Sports, or later Wii Fit, and so on. They built their monopoly, and now they are coming out with more games for the average gamers like us, as we saw at E3.  Getting to my point, the people who already own Wii's and who don't own 360's or PS3's are most likely not going to pay both the price for the system & the motion controls to get a somewhat similar experience.

I would say that the PS Move has more of a money making chance than Kinect, due to the Japanese market, what looks like a somewhat better line-up of games (none that I'm interested in, but still), and the fact that it actually has a controller.  Motion Control gaming works on the Wii because, while it is still a gimmick, it's a gimmick the entire system & Wii experience was built around. Kinect & the PS Move are just plain gimmicks trying to get dat Wii Moola!

Plus, with all the issues that are supposedly coming out about Kinect, like that it doesn't work well with black clothing and that the Voice Recognition thing doesn't work in Europe or in any other language besides English, Spanish, and Japanese, it's not looking good. (Please correct me if I'm wrong about these)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #151 on: September 17, 2010, 09:18:20 PM
The "doesn't work in Europe" is simply because they still haven't made the Voice Recognition options for EVERY SINGLE DAMN LANGUAGE every single game released in Europe needs to be translated in.

...which sucks, because that will mean that we have to wait until we can use Voice Recognition instead of them giving us English and then language patches accordingly as they come out.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #152 on: September 17, 2010, 09:22:49 PM
Ah, okay. Still kinda sucks though.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #153 on: September 17, 2010, 09:41:25 PM
Oh yeah, one question:
Anyone excited about Project Dark? The spiritual successor to Demon's Souls?

I sure am.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #154 on: September 17, 2010, 10:03:14 PM
Oh yeah, one question:
Anyone excited about Project Dark? The spiritual successor to Demon's Souls?

I sure am.

While i haven't played that yet, it got insanely high scores on almost every site i went to. So i'm definitly looking forward to seeing how Project Dark is.

Also, i heard Demon Souls is very frustrating/hard. Is it really that bad?

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #155 on: September 17, 2010, 10:04:14 PM
It's not unbeatable, but forces you to look out and think ahead instead of going rambo on everything.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #156 on: September 17, 2010, 10:35:21 PM
So about that DMC...

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #157 on: September 17, 2010, 10:45:01 PM
What about it...

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #158 on: September 17, 2010, 11:04:39 PM
It's being made by a British team who made a very average game, which was a ripoff of God of War, which arguably was a ripoff of DMC. It's also being completely changed from its original style in order to fit the view of what the developer thinks appeals to the youth, instead of appealing to the fans of the series, who have been buying it all of these years in the first place. It changed the main character, who was a stylish, wisecracking hero with TONS upon TONS of japanese-western outrageous comedy up his wrist, into a dark and brooding chav-looking guy, who smokes, dresses in black and has the Union Jack in his sleeve. He's also patient of some kind of mental institution of some sort.

Basically, it sucks on JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING. I have no idea what's taking them so long to simply come out, apologise, and say they're gonna make Dante the way he used to be.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #159 on: September 17, 2010, 11:49:15 PM
Reason why is...is... PRIDE!!!!! Yes! That's right! PRIDE!!!!

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #160 on: September 18, 2010, 12:40:30 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=075TDwLEXbs[/youtube]

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #161 on: September 18, 2010, 04:39:36 PM
IN OTHER NEWS!!! I didn't expect a Tekken Tag 2 to come around.

Signature:

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #162 on: September 18, 2010, 05:04:31 PM
Well, technically, the announcement was made at Tougeki (a fighting game tourney event happening at the same time as TGS), but close enough!

Here's a vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvL9TOUuDb8

I didn't get my VF5: FS or KOFXIII console announcements (yet...), but TAG2 is definitely a welcome addition to another Fighter I could see myself playing in a year and some change. If nothing else, it means that we'll be taking a break from the feather-brained, roided up storyline of the "mainstream" series, and all the more reason for Harada and co to focus on that which is most important...GAME PLAY. 8D

I also notice that Heihachi was definitely lookin' younger there than he has for the last few years. Guess his change of VA (forced by Daisuke Gori's death) will also make for some changes with the character himself...

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #163 on: September 18, 2010, 05:09:27 PM
It would be so pro if Gon and that walkless Dr is in there.

Signature:

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #164 on: September 18, 2010, 05:16:11 PM
"Kazama Style Traditional Martial Arts Secret Technique...Switch"

Ok, that made me lol more than it should've XD

Anyways, I'd be hyped for this if I wasn't completely and totally horrible at Tekken.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #165 on: September 18, 2010, 05:21:51 PM
It would be so pro if Gon and that walkless Dr is in there.

Gon will likely never appear in this series again, as he is a character licensed from another work (a manga series). Besides, Tekken already has its own cute raptor that's due for a re-appearance. Alex is waiting for the day that he will no longer play second fiddle palette swap to a Kangaroo!  8D

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #166 on: September 18, 2010, 06:01:08 PM
BUT! BUT! ITS GON!!! ;o; .....oh well.

Signature:

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #167 on: September 18, 2010, 07:48:17 PM
well they could still turn it around and make it so that that youth only thinks he is Dante
and give us the first half of the game with this moodish insane twillight vampire evil boyfriend
and give us just a few missions with the real deal

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #168 on: September 18, 2010, 08:22:43 PM
well they could still turn it around and make it so that that youth only thinks he is Dante
and give us the first half of the game with this moodish insane twillight vampire evil boyfriend
and give us just a few missions with the real deal
How is that "turning it around"?
That would be even more bullshit.
The point is: WE DON'T WANT A [tornado fang]ing TWILIGHT REJECT AS DANTE. AT ALL.

Offline Ephidiel

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #169 on: September 18, 2010, 08:26:13 PM
well it could still save them
and the fans would buy it because real dante is in there but you are right
we don't want the twillight evil boyfriend faildude
and if i read correctly a statement from dantes creator also said he didn't have him in mind like "that"

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #170 on: September 18, 2010, 08:28:45 PM
I'm really hoping he's just someone who thinks he's Dante. Maybe something like having false memories implanted.

That would somewhat please fans, right? 8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #171 on: September 18, 2010, 08:59:07 PM
I'm really hoping he's just someone who thinks he's Dante. Maybe something like having false memories implanted.

That would somewhat please fans, right? 8D
...the tone of the game has still changed, as far as I can tell. Severely. And seeing as Ninja Theory have never made a good combo-based game like DMC, which requires a certain level of complexity, leads me to believe they're gonna alter the gameplay.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #172 on: September 20, 2010, 02:38:22 AM
TGS is over right? If it is, it sortta sucked this year, for me it did at least.

Signature:

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #173 on: September 20, 2010, 02:39:44 AM
I found me some interesting titles. No big WHOA effect, but quite a few things to look out for.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #174 on: September 20, 2010, 02:42:59 AM
LoL, I never get what I want! XD