Street Fighter vs. Tekken

dragontamer272 · 28925

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: March 02, 2012, 05:09:51 PM
Oh stop that. BBAMM is just a victim of the worst timing ever. Need I remind you that all of this was approved by Inafune when he was still at Capcom? :/

Doesn't mean they had to keep it.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #126 on: March 02, 2012, 06:24:40 PM
They pretty much did, considering how much work goes into making a character for a fighting game...

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: March 02, 2012, 06:46:41 PM
They pretty much did, considering how much work goes into making a character for a fighting game...

Point taken, I guess, but surely they could've altered his back story to be less MML-like?

(Unfortunately, as much as I don't want to talk about BBAMM right now, I've got nothing to say about BBA-Roll. Except that she's got some nice boots)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #128 on: March 02, 2012, 07:19:19 PM
I'm not sure I could find a clear answer when I looked, so I hope you guys might know.

About the co-op play; Can you do all 2-4 player co-op modes offline as well as online? Is there a co-op arcade mode? And anything that might be useful to know before I go out and buy two more controllers.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: March 02, 2012, 07:32:56 PM
LMAO, Roll looks classy and confident and great looking.  Awesome.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: March 02, 2012, 10:21:32 PM
I'm not sure I could find a clear answer when I looked, so I hope you guys might know.

About the co-op play; Can you do all 2-4 player co-op modes offline as well as online? Is there a co-op arcade mode? And anything that might be useful to know before I go out and buy two more controllers.

Yes, don't think so but I'm not sure, and make you sure you can connect all 4 of the controllers?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: March 02, 2012, 10:36:02 PM
After digging a while, a thread on Shoryuken said they saw people doing the 4 player offline (all modes) in a stream, and how they saw the versus menu goes to a controller activation screen. So that sounds legit.

It's also said that PS3's can use USB hubs. The PS3 apparently can track up to 8 USB devices. I KNOW for a fact that 360's can, because one of my USB ports broke (thanks friend!) and I tried a USB hub to get my wired fighter controllers working and it DID work.

Interesting note; I found out that online you cannot set searches for games based on the amount of players. All match making is combined for single and two player teams.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #132 on: March 03, 2012, 06:10:36 PM
The plot thickens!

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/mar/03/ono-says-classic-megaman-was-considered-street-fighter-x-tekken-was-replaced-boxart-megaman/

So apparently Classic Megaman was going the inital suggestion, but Inafune said 'no' and instead preferred the BBA Megaman we have now.  If anything else this should help dissipate this silly conspiracy theory that Capcom's trying to troll people at every corner.  Inafune's response of "Megaman's been in a fighting game already" does make we wonder if he had anything to do with his exclusion from MvC3.  I guess it's one of those things we'll never know at this point.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: March 03, 2012, 08:34:11 PM
I wonder how Classic Mega Man would have played like.

Also, if we did get classic, would Pacman not be in a robot?

the plot thickens more

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: March 03, 2012, 10:33:36 PM
Ear love. CPS2 style.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9r_szHIm3YQ[/youtube]

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #135 on: March 04, 2012, 12:39:51 AM
Inafune's response of "Megaman's been in a fighting game already"
Interesting.
We've had Megaman, Roll, MMX Zero, MMZ Zero, and Volnutt, so that'd leave X himself and the EXE/SF main characters.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #136 on: March 04, 2012, 01:47:25 AM
Interesting.
We've had Megaman, Roll, MMX Zero, MMZ Zero, and Volnutt, so that'd leave X himself and the EXE/SF main characters.
Actually just X and SF. EXE appeared in Onimusha: Blade Warriors alongside MMZ Zero as guest characters.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: March 04, 2012, 03:11:20 AM
Why are you guys forgetting about ZX?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: March 04, 2012, 03:29:49 AM
Zan has no interest in SFxT until someone forgets ZX again. Then he posts, but only for that.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #139 on: March 04, 2012, 03:54:42 AM
Also, if we did get classic, would Pacman not be in a robot?

I theorize that the God we know that dicked around with Chante-what's-his-face from Rock-a-doodle decided one day to bring Pac-Man to life and had him ride on Mokujin. The End.

And Pac-Man being in a robot might've been accounted for his well.. size. Then again, the two cat characters who are exceptionally tiny in this game did not ride a mech to compesate for it. If Classic entered, that would've been his first fighting game appearance since Marvel vs Capcom 2.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #140 on: March 04, 2012, 04:03:58 AM
Why are you guys forgetting about ZX?

Zx offers nothing to really add to a fighting game, at least within the realm of the playable characters.  Every model would be pointless to add in a fighting game, as you'd be better off using the character that they're based off of.  That said, I think some of the boss characters like Serpent and P&P could actually work in a fighting game.

My YouTube Channel

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: March 04, 2012, 04:40:05 AM
IMAGE DUMP

C-C-CHOOSE YOU CHARACTER (lol at Bryan)

Kuma vs Zangief

Alt costumes (There are like 50 more, but im just going to post a few.)
[spoiler]OnimushAkuma

Pimp Steve

Pirate Samurai

True Ogre

Kuma

[/spoiler]

Endings
[spoiler]

Da fuk is in that box?

Arent you cold?

[/spoiler]

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: March 04, 2012, 04:53:36 AM
Zx offers nothing to really add to a fighting game, at least within the realm of the playable characters.  Every model would be pointless to add in a fighting game, as you'd be better off using the character that they're based off of.  That said, I think some of the boss characters like Serpent and P&P could actually work in a fighting game.

I'd have to disagree here. Aile and Model-X would be a cool character. With a little creativity, it could take interesting base elements from X and include some neat supers including some Double ROCK On stuff.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #143 on: March 04, 2012, 06:23:38 PM
I'd have to disagree here. Aile and Model-X would be a cool character. With a little creativity, it could take interesting base elements from X and include some neat supers including some Double ROCK On stuff.

Eh, I dunno, it still seems like you'd be better off playing as X in that case.  Aile only has access to the X2 double shot, while X himself has a backlog of weapons and armor.  The only way I could see Aile working is if you made her a stance-switching character who can switch models at will.  Even then, that's a LOT of switching to do (6 models not counting Ox).  I just find the characters that the models are based off of to be better picks as there's more move variety and the characters themselves are a lot more interesting IMO.  I enjoyed Zx as a series, but I didn't feel that the protagonists brought anything, ability-wise at least, that we hadn't seen before.  The psuedoroids were more original, but most of them were a pain to play as.

My YouTube Channel

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: March 04, 2012, 08:51:49 PM
Alright, I can see that. You have a point.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: March 05, 2012, 12:28:03 AM
So apparently all 12 DLC characters are already in the disc... Fully complete and playable...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w97xsUbJHY

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #146 on: March 05, 2012, 03:46:21 AM
Surprised?  Capcom's been doing that for the last 6 years.

Point taken, I guess, but surely they could've altered his back story to be less MML-like?
They could also have re-skinned him to a BBA design that was less MM1/Universe esque, considering that there's multiple versions of MM2 as well as 9 and 10 to choose from.  The fact that they left in a direct reference to both cancelled games from 2011 is something I can't really call anything but bad taste; they could have easily tweaked him without having to throw out all the groundwork.

Eh, I dunno, it still seems like you'd be better off playing as X in that case.  Aile only has access to the X2 double shot, while X himself has a backlog of weapons and armor.  The only way I could see Aile working is if you made her a stance-switching character who can switch models at will.  Even then, that's a LOT of switching to do (6 models not counting Ox).  I just find the characters that the models are based off of to be better picks as there's more move variety and the characters themselves are a lot more interesting IMO.  I enjoyed Zx as a series, but I didn't feel that the protagonists brought anything, ability-wise at least, that we hadn't seen before.  The psuedoroids were more original, but most of them were a pain to play as.
Not that I don't see your point, but there are ways of getting creative with it.  Also, in the case of the Big Four, the Zero series is concluded, and ZX series is still open-ended, so referencing them as Biometals would make more sense.  Model-switching doesn't have to be treated as a full character/moveset change, either, the Models could simply correspond to certain special attacks similar to Trigger's gear in TvC.  It's not as if their visuals would be THAT much extra work; the Double Rock Ons are palette-swaps from the neck down with only a few model-specific attachments.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: March 05, 2012, 08:59:23 AM
you guys seen this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkYJEOstIL0

Is... Is this real..? if so...

[spoiler]CAPCOOOOOOOOOOM![/spoiler]

Posted on: March 05, 2012, 02:14:10 AM
Well apparently it's fake, as confirmed by prototude. it's a fandub.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline IQ-0

• Ice Queen Zero
  • Resistance Member
  • Friendship Advisory - Magical Content
    • View Profile
    • 1CC Gaming
Reply #148 on: March 07, 2012, 08:54:24 AM
Gave it a whirl and I'll warn ya'll ahead of time. The sound effects are crap online.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: March 07, 2012, 03:45:12 PM
The sound effects are crap online.

You too? I was wondering about that. I thought it might have been just me, or that session.

Otherwise the game is phenomenal. Easily the best new fighter entry this past 5 years, if not decade. Very interesting in how thye melded the two styles. They didn't just take the Tekken characters and completely 'street fighter-ize' them. They retain a bunch of their signature combos, and more Tekken like gameplay. I don't really like the Tekken style combos, but the concept of melding them is solid and I can appreciate the effect they achieved. The idea isn't completely foreign, as some SF characters have always had a few commonly known, if not officially documented, chains that in the past. Likewise, the SF cast got dotted with some Tekken style techniques.

The switching, the matchups, the customization, the music, all great. Awesome switching mechanics, so many ways to switch. A must buy, even at full price, without any of the DLC, totally worth it.

I'm a total Tekken noob, but so far I've taken a liking to Asuka. Heihachi, and Jin are pretty cool too, but their moves are weeeeeeird. This will take time getting use to. My one friend is getting good with Raven.

I do have some gripes though.

First off is the fact that the time limit is a little low for this kind of system. Online I am running into a lot of time outs. That coupled with the lack of an infinite time option online, really can muck things up. The fact that there are double the characters, and a recovery mechanic can lead to intense battles going far past the 99 limit.

Another is the fact that the match ends with only one person on the team being defeated. This is just a terrible idea in a whole. I had three friends over to celebrate the release and get some 4 player 2v2 going. All of them said the same thing; why the hell does the match end with only one character down? I know Capcom wants to pay homage to Tekken in this title, but this was one of the worst things to take away from the Tekken series. We've done 2v2 4 Player before in SFEX3. It was great, that was a good system. Why mess with it now? If anything they're going to fix in the first real patch, I honestly hope its adding an option to have to KO both characters. It's literally the worst part of the game for me.

Oh also, for the most part, Pandora mode is useless. Sure you get a recovering Cross Gage, but you could barely get two supers off by the time you drop dead anyway. It should NOT kill you, or should last longer. But as is, useless.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout