Kit · 233303

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2250 on: July 08, 2013, 08:39:42 AM
Quickie shook her head.  "If the signal drastically changes, they'll know.  The thing is, these devices most likely send out a signal to a satellite.  That signal is updated on a regular basis.  Say, it's updated every hour.  Now, Hour One, the signal transmits from Cerulean City," she started pantomiming, "and the next hour, it's an hour's flight south.  The next hour, it's still on its southerly course.  Now, if we tampered with it and the next hour, the signal is transmitting on an eastbound course somewhere in Hoenn, the recipient will know that something is up.  Thus," she put her hands down, "we can't tamper with it without raising alarm."

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2251 on: July 08, 2013, 08:43:26 AM
"I see." Sakura sighed "I guess we have to wait until we can talk to Mewtwo then."

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2252 on: July 08, 2013, 08:46:30 AM
"Right now," Quickie bent to pick up her coffee and finish it, "I sincerely doubt that Team Rocket has a firm plan in mind.  So, what we need to do is beat them to the punch.  And we may have a way, but again, we need to wait until Mewtwo gets up, whenever."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2253 on: July 08, 2013, 08:48:44 AM
"Okay in the mean time let's find Ahrzayl while Mr. Spook incapacitates Steiner, she's needs to know what's going on." Sakura replied.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2254 on: July 08, 2013, 08:57:21 AM
"Let's make our way to the Engine room to meet our double agent then..." Dr. Wily II said, slightly seething in anger.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2255 on: July 08, 2013, 08:58:15 AM
"Not yet we need to tell Ahzaryl first." Sakura countered.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2256 on: July 08, 2013, 09:01:20 AM
"You guys go find Ahrzayl, I'll go see what our double-agent wants," Quickie knocked back the rest of her coffee and headed for the engine room.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2257 on: July 08, 2013, 09:05:02 AM
Dr. Wily II tsk'd under his breath, and turned towards Sakura. "To Ahrzayl then..."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2258 on: July 08, 2013, 09:08:04 AM
"Thank you." Sakura nodded "Please be careful, if you can wait for Mr. Spook."

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #2259 on: July 08, 2013, 09:27:31 AM
Merrick looks between the two groups getting ready to head off towards their assigned destination before deciding to head back to Hierophant's room to check up on the remaining Pokemon sleeping there and wait for any signal to wake them up and send them down to the engine room to help out.

"Well, now what?" Danny mutters while still projected out of his card, which continued to sit on Excalibur's back, "It's still early in the evening and that Stun Spore didn't do too much damage to either of us."

"It's been a while since I caught any wild Pokemon," Chariot sighed as he laid on one of the bottom bunks and ran his finger over the nose of his lion emblem, "And with Sting still in Hierophant's bag, relying on just Excalibur to protect Tarot Skitty might not be enough.  Maybe we could check out the Safari Zone and see if we can catch any of the Pokemon running loose there."

"Didn't that place close down and get replaced by a park of sorts some time ago?"

"Who knows, I travel a lot and barely stick around to see what's changed or not."

Chariot sits up and bounces off the bed onto his feet, "In any case, it'll at least kill some time before we either crash for the night, or the others show up to bunk at the Pokemon Center."

"I suppose you're right...." Danny shrugs as he and Excalibur follow Chariot out of the room and towards where the Park/Safari Zone is located.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #2260 on: July 08, 2013, 11:40:20 AM
Once on the bridge, the party would come to find the three fast asleep. The tea in their cups once a light tan, now a dark purple; sleeping solution. However, having been so long after drinking it, a light nudge would awaken them.

In the engine room...

Hierophant having teleported into the engine room would land him on top of one of six giant cylindrical tubes filled with light blue liquid. Pistons and machinery made loud noises in the background. Quickly he would notice several small round objects attached to these tubes, the domes glowing a soft red light on and off. In the central pathway would be Steiner, the man who had called them all there, not knowing only a few would show. He stood with his hands held behind his back, seemingly just waiting. Finally the door slid open and in walked the trainer girl who had caused team rocket so much trouble. He gave her a look as he looked down on her from under his glasses. He adjusted them.

"Ahh, glad you could make it. I was beginning to worry that you'd be fast asleep. But where are your friends? I was hoping to show them something amazing too." He said with a smirk.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2261 on: July 08, 2013, 12:03:39 PM
"They're busy," Quickie nodded to the corridor. "I took a trip to the galley for some coffee," she held up her empty cup, "though honestly, I could use another cup..." she trailed off with a yawn. 

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2262 on: July 08, 2013, 12:17:53 PM
The sinistry billowing from Steiner's soul was overwhelming; he was definitely up to something; something that may cost the lives of everyone on this ship.  Ryo's dog-ear-like flaps shook as he prepares to confront him only to be pulled to a duck by Hierophant, who was ducking under the obscurity of one of the cylinders.

"Wait...." he hissed, "We can't just charge him without knowing what kind of trap he might have set for everyone...."

Ryo looks towards him, seeming unsure of where he was going with this, "My understanding of vehicles is still shoddy, but if I were to guess, these cylinders aren't actually full of water, but some kind of fuel-type liquid that could easily explode with something similar to a lit torch."

He points his staff to the cylinder they stood on, "Let's see if I can cast Libra without being spotted, then we'll know whether there are anything that might set off these tubes."

The orb glows brightly as he sweeps it around the area, attempting to uncover anything that might be used to ignite the cylinders they stood on.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2263 on: July 08, 2013, 03:37:23 PM
"Sakura, you go wake Ahrzayl, I'll go wake Julia, and the other." Dr. Wily II said, still disappointed that he couldn't punch tht Steiner in the gut.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2264 on: July 08, 2013, 03:57:58 PM
"Ahrzayl, Ahrzayl wake up!" Sakura said softly as she began to nudge her.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2265 on: July 08, 2013, 04:12:28 PM
Dr. Wily II walked over to Julia first, and noticed her slightly drooling in her sleep. "Must have been a good one, but it's time to wait up." Instead of nudging Julia, Dr. Wily II decided to use a more direct approach, and using his right index finger, poked Julia's side.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2266 on: July 08, 2013, 04:53:39 PM
Once on the bridge, the party would come to find the three fast asleep. The tea in their cups once a light tan, now a dark purple; sleeping solution. However, having been so long after drinking it, a light nudge would awaken them.

In the engine room...

Hierophant having teleported into the engine room would land him on top of one of six giant cylindrical tubes filled with light blue liquid. Pistons and machinery made loud noises in the background. Quickly he would notice several small round objects attached to these tubes, the domes glowing a soft red light on and off. In the central pathway would be Steiner, the man who had called them all there, not knowing only a few would show. He stood with his hands held behind his back, seemingly just waiting. Finally the door slid open and in walked the trainer girl who had caused team rocket so much trouble. He gave her a look as he looked down on her from under his glasses. He adjusted them.

"Ahh, glad you could make it. I was beginning to worry that you'd be fast asleep. But where are your friends? I was hoping to show them something amazing too." He said with a smirk.

Pyro appeared from behind a console and shouted, "Showmeshowmeshowme!"

Mr. Spook, still melded with Pyro's shadow, waited for the right time to strike while Socks escaped from his Pokeball to zap Steiner. Not enough to hurt him but enough to make his hair resemble that of a certain boxing promoter. And Jawbreaker-- he was busy gnawing at the door.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #2267 on: July 08, 2013, 07:40:48 PM
Ahrzayl, Froslass, and Julia almost awoke at the same time, rubbing their eyes and groaning for having been woken up. Sudden realization took over though as Julia had asked what was going on to have brought them to the bridge. Ahrzayl opened her mouth for a big yawn, not yet grasping the situation.

Back with the others...

Taking Steiner by surprise, the bolt zipped in his direction and unfortunately not hitting it's target. Instead it dissipated upon contact against a semicircle of lime green energy hexagons that circled the man. Steiner looked over and then back to Quickie, having been quite surprised. He bit down hard and pressed a button on his lab coat, closing and locking the entrance.

"I wanted you all here. My plans are always getting ruined somehow." Steiner said angrily. "But it doesnt matter, I technically still have you all here, right in the front row seats!" Ge yelled as he pressed another button on his jacket.

The engine cylinders were covered by red dots, explosives attached to each one. They blinked on and off like christmas lights.

"I wish I could give you all one last chance to leave the ship but you're not exactly civilians, are you?" He laughed. You'll never have it! I won't let you take such a perfect creature away from me. I'd spent my entire time at Team Rocket just studying it when I got the chance and you brats had just come in and almost taken it from me! But...that can't happen if I take this ship and everyone down with it! See these glasses? There's a detonator on the edge that if I press, you all go down ith the ship!" He yelled crazily has his hand inched toward his glasses.

There was no way to stop him. Once those bombs went off, it was over. They'd be part of the burning wreckage in a few minutes. Not even Steiner himself would survive, no matter how smart he thought he was. No doubt it was also his plan to catch Fuchsia City in the blast too as they were nearing it. He pressed the edge of his glasses.

... ... ......

Steiner stared for a moment, right at Quickie. His eyes narrowed and his mouth hung low. These weren't his glasses. No, definitely not. These were x-ray specs. A sudden fear and anger took over Steiner, mixed with a bit of perversion.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2268 on: July 08, 2013, 08:33:29 PM
"Ahrzayl come on you have to get up, Steiner's a double double agent!" Sakura shouted.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2269 on: July 08, 2013, 09:47:57 PM
Hierophant grits his teeth as Steiner reaches for his glasses, not realizing that Pyro had switched them earlier, and that Steiner had frozen himself in realization of this.

Several intentions ran through his mind; he could hit him with Miracle Beam, but it would only startle him into hitting the button on his glasses.  They could try removing the detonators, but there were so many surrounding the six cylinders; they would only have enough time to remove one before Steiner presses the button.

Desperate for a solution, he thrusts his staff towards Steiner, shouting almost hysterically.

"STOP!!!"

The orb glows black and shoots towards Steiner, causing a similar dark glow to surround and stiffen every joint in his body.  Ryo takes this moment to jump off the cylinder and roundhouse kick the glasses off Steiner's face before one of Pyro's Pokemon attempt to poke and inadvertently release him from the spell.

Offline Ahrzayl

• Crisis Strawberry
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Super Psycho Sweety
    • View Profile
Reply #2270 on: July 08, 2013, 09:51:33 PM
"What?" Ahrzayl said groggily.

"How do you know that? And with what proof? We've known him for years and you've known him for a few hours. I know he can be shady at times but you cant just go around accusing. We're not part of Team Rocket anymore." Julia said almost alert to predicaments.

While they talked, Froslynn on the other hand looked over toward the door. Something was definitely going on and it wasn't good. She tugged on Ahrzayl's coat tail and advised that taking a look couldnt hurt.

"Julia, let's just go check up on Steiner. Maybe we'll be able to change their minds" Ahrzayl nodded also sensing a bit of worry from Froslynn.

Julia huffed and allowed it. "Where is he anyway?" She said as all three were awaiting to follow.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2271 on: July 09, 2013, 12:34:50 AM
In the engine room, Quickie just stared blankly at the detonators and slowly backed away.  Once again, someone was after Mewtwo.  She reached behind her and felt for the latch as she flashed a lopsided smile.  "Well, that's all well and good and stuff, but if you blew up the engine room and we all went down, you'd be going with us, now wouldn't you."  Her mind raced as she tried to stall for time, in case Steiner had another way to set off the explosives.  "Oh, and, if the ship crashes or blows up, you'll lose Mewtwo."

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2272 on: July 09, 2013, 01:30:18 AM
"Poor Scientist Man is sick," Pyro said with a hint of concern. Mr. Spook shifted from his trainer's shadow to Steiner's and tied raving scientist with the Escape Rope Sakura gave him while he was stunned.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2273 on: July 09, 2013, 01:32:48 AM
"In the Engine room, HURRY!" Sakura yelled as she ran back there. 

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #2274 on: July 09, 2013, 01:39:56 AM
"Let's worry about that later," Hierophant said as he moves to the edge of the cylinder he stood on and uses his Libra spell to identify its programming and means of removing it, "We should get all these bombs off the tanks before he comes back to his senses and uses something else to set them off!"

It was already clear that the detonators could be activated by Steiner's glasses, but he had experienced enough explosives to know there was more to deactivating them than simply the press of a button.  He needed to make sure these didn't have any secondary measures that would set them off with a mere brush of his hand.