MEGAMAN UNIVERSE!!!!!! (PS3/360)

HokutoNoBen · 94160

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #350 on: July 25, 2010, 10:45:46 PM
He musnĀ“t be called Steve or he will be controled by the evil Marik Ishtar!

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #351 on: July 26, 2010, 01:29:13 AM
They can keep making classic NES style MM games, and I'll keep playing them!
You might keep playing them,others might too, but some others will gradually get tired of it. And once it dies off sufficiently, it will go back to how it was before 9.(AKA dead) Then god knows when we'll get another classic game again. X and Classic are the two that Capcom seems to leave on the shelf more often than not in favor of GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL POKEM- EXE/STARFORCE style games. Zero series is over... And ZXA sold badly enough that we are still waiting on ZX3 and it may not come for a long time.

I dont want Megaman to be nothing more than a nostalgic memory of the past.

Sure too much of a good thing CAN be a bad thing, (FF13 example noted,) But They cant just keep catering to one side of the fanbase. the other half deserves something for them too.
How about we never speak of him again?
Because then we'd forget a fine example of why one should never try to paint a cover for a game in the last six hours.
I maintain Steve is his official name because I call shotgun quadruple infinity.

Say hello to Steve, everybody.
Why not just U.S.  Box art Megaman?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #352 on: July 26, 2010, 02:02:11 AM
Flame you are extremely paranoid about the 8-bit style. To the point where it's just plain annoying.

Why the heck do you slobber over that? You don't even play Classic Mega Man.

Actually... don't answer. It will be the usual "I don't like it" debate anyway.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #353 on: July 26, 2010, 02:57:16 AM
It's because there's not enough pointy helmet for him to complain about in it. ;)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #354 on: July 26, 2010, 02:59:11 AM
Flame you are extremely paranoid about the 8-bit style. To the point where it's just plain annoying.

Why the heck do you slobber over that? You don't even play Classic Mega Man.

Actually... don't answer. It will be the usual "I don't like it" debate anyway.
I dont? Why dont I? I sure do. I have played all megaman games out there from the numbered series, and the first GB game.

I just dont see why Megaman should be stuck in the past forever when other characters from his era have evolved and prospered. Megaman is the only one of them who cant seem to ever do so.

Its more than just "not liking".
Ive played 1-6, and I enjoyed them. I played 7, and while It it isnt my favorite, I enjoyed it. I played 8, and loved it. Same for 8.5. Now. 8 and MMnB's style is real nostalgic to me, and yet I would rather they did not return to it.
Nostalgia can only go so far. And it's very possible to capture nostalgic feel while still adhering to the current era. (which actually, MMU might be doing.)

Its not that I dont like the 8 bit style, and it has nothing to do with paranoia. I just wish Capcom would stop trying to emulate Megaman 2, and try something else with the blue guy.. If they're going to go with 8 bit, at least do something new with it. not strip it down to Megaman 2's mechanics, and then give us the MM4 charge shot with double Damage in the form of Protoman. Bass was nice, and he had treble boost in 8 bit. Why not bring back Megaman's own rush adapters that he hasn't used since 6 and 7? Maybe introduce a new one. or even a new Rush ability. Hell, if they went as far out as to give us Bass in an 8 bit game, then give us Duo, and give him a unique play style. His giant fist more than allows it. Or bring in the split paths from 6.

what bothers me isnt so much the 8 bit style as what it represents when Capcom makes "retro games" in its style. nothing new. Just new bosses. I mean, at least take some stuff from the other 8 bits too. they've got plenty to offer.

And if anything, it goes back to what I said. the other side of the fanbase that would prefer a more modern Megaman needs some love too.

Id just like a little evolution in my Megaman.

[insert Mark Gatha 'You Maverick!" here ]

It's because there's not enough pointy helmet for him to complain about in it. ;)
here we go again with that.

THAT was just my opinion dear lass.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #355 on: July 26, 2010, 03:00:18 AM
You know I was just messing with you there by pointing out one of your more... humorous arguments, right?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #356 on: July 26, 2010, 03:02:40 AM
You know I was just messing with you there by pointing out one of your more... humorous arguments, right?
I'll humor you then.

pointy helmets.

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac71/Flame-G102/post%20stuff/Zerohelmets-2.png

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #357 on: July 26, 2010, 03:09:34 AM
what bothers me isnt so much the 8 bit style as what it represents when Capcom makes "retro games" in its style. nothing new. Just new bosses. I mean, at least take some stuff from the other 8 bits too. they've got plenty to offer.

So, the new techniques used for said bosses (Block Devil anyone?), unique enemies and stage hazards, and ability to play as Proto and Bass in an 8-bit environment don't count?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #358 on: July 26, 2010, 03:12:56 AM
I mentioned Bass. I wouldnt mind plaing protoman proper though, without having to take double damage and using the charge shot from 4.

That, and theres no reason for Megaman to forget an ability hes had since 3. the Charge shot I can swallow on the grounds of gradually disarming as time went by. (petty incients wouldnt require a giant energy blast. Though even then theres little reason why Light wouldnt have given it back after 9) But the slide? he forgot how to slide?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #359 on: July 26, 2010, 03:17:14 AM
I just figured it out! Wily put the points on Zero's helmet so he could headbutt X and kill him in one blow, like spikes!! 8D

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #360 on: July 26, 2010, 03:19:45 AM
If they're going to go with 8 bit, at least do something new with it.
Didn't Mega Man 10 do that? I mean, special stages with Rockman Killers in them, and gameplay based on actual skill rather than... what Mega Man 9 had, and... et cetera?

Or bring in the split paths from 6.
Again I ask, didn't Mega Man 10 do that? What I saw in it was a Mega Man game that exceeded 8-bit standards, despite the 8-bit facade. (And by "facade" I mean "graphics", although I think that term is vague somewhat.)

Id just like a little evolution in my Megaman.
So would I, but it looks as if Inafune will stick to the much-beloved (by Inafune and most MM fans) 8-bit appearance. Honestly, I wouldn't care if the next MM game was 8-bit, 16-bit or whatever (but I'd prefer for the next one to be 16-bit), but we should muster up patience if we are ever to see a MM game without the 8-bit look.

Damn, I've been typing for so long and everybody's posting here and there. o-O MUST... POST

Posted on: July 25, 2010, 08:17:43 PM
You know what I'd like to see?

8-BIT X GAME
8-BIT X GAME
8-BIT X GAME
8-BIT X GAME
NES style
*shot*

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #361 on: July 26, 2010, 03:19:48 AM
As Gonzo said, they do new things.

Playable Protoman and Bass, Time attack modes and boards and DLC (wether THAT is good or not is another matter). Progress is there, although it's slowly I admit that.

Al lthe points you made can be kept and improved while they keep the 8bit style.

And this:

8-BIT X GAME
8-BIT X GAME
8-BIT X GAME
8-BIT X GAME

Has to happen. I demand it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #362 on: July 26, 2010, 03:33:00 AM
We already had 8 bit X. it was called Xtreme and Xtreme 2.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #363 on: July 26, 2010, 03:45:37 AM
Not in NES style, mind you.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #364 on: July 26, 2010, 03:53:59 AM
Im pretty sure thats how it would have looked.

Abeit- with better colors.

Offline KoiDrake

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Reply #365 on: July 26, 2010, 04:58:37 AM
I think I've said it before, but... Xtreme was awful

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #366 on: July 26, 2010, 05:02:53 AM
Only the first one. The second one was the [parasitic bomb].

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #367 on: July 26, 2010, 05:04:05 AM
I'd like the second one more if I could defeat Wire Sponge. ;_;

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #368 on: July 26, 2010, 05:21:58 AM
You might keep playing them,others might too, but some others will gradually get tired of it. And once it dies off sufficiently, it will go back to how it was before 9.(AKA dead) Then god knows when we'll get another classic game again.

You can use the exact same argument in reverse for why others might NOT play it if it is not in 8-Bit style. 

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #369 on: July 26, 2010, 06:54:32 AM
You can use the exact same argument in reverse for why others might NOT play it if it is not in 8-Bit style. 
Yes, true..
But what solution would you propose then to that argument, if it is applicable to both sides?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #370 on: July 26, 2010, 06:56:48 AM
How about ignoring that possibility, and just enjoying the games when they come out? That's what I do, and it saves me a lot of stress.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #371 on: July 26, 2010, 07:39:50 AM
Yes, true..
But what solution would you propose then to that argument, if it is applicable to both sides?

You're asking for a solution to a problem that I don't think Capcom cares about, because they know full well that no matter what MM game they put out, their most loyal of MegaMan fans are going to buy, no matter whether it's 8-bit, 16-bit, or PB-bit.  As of right now though, nostalgia is in, and the non-hardcore "buy every MM game" people are enjoying the classic 8-bit style which they grew up on, as well as the awesome cheesy box art.  They have no reason to stop. 

The thing you seem to be missing out on here is that the problem are gamers, not Capcom.  No matter what they do, they can't please everybody.  Whereas someone like you complains about them keeping up the 8-bit classic game play, someone like me loves it and doesn't care.  For me, the 8-Bit classic games are all I look for in my classic Mega Man.  Perhaps they can make the slide & Mega Buster downloadable or unlockable, just like in Rockman Rockman.  Perhaps they can give me more Overpowered Playable Blues, or more Roll in different outfits with her broom-fu mastery.  For me, those are all just icing on the cake.  Like I've said many times, the only reason I stopped buying NES MegaMan games is because they stopped making them.

For all you know though, the solution IS Megaman Universe.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #372 on: July 26, 2010, 07:44:35 AM
Your right.

Also, playable Roll would be amazing.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #373 on: July 26, 2010, 07:52:30 AM
PB-bit.
Is that the most sexcellent bit level?

and you should totally work that into your personal text or something.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #374 on: July 26, 2010, 09:56:53 AM
I'll be the first one to defend the idea that the Megaman series needs to evolve, and that hardcore fans should go screw themselves if they want the same game over and over. But even I'll have to admit that Capcom is the last company to do something like that. While they're making money, they'll give the fans what they want, and they don't mind adding a few more sprites to the last game and calling it a sequel. Heck, I was VERY surprised, before playing the actual games, to see how much actual non-text content was added to each new Phoenix Wright game. The DS ports with minimal updates didn't help. It's the way Capcom works. While directors like Kojima want to give a whole new spin on a game, innovating and changing it on each new iteration, Capcom simply adds new stuff and is done with it. I expect Dead Rising 2 to work EXACTLY like the first one did, only with more combos, more features, and a new character/world. But it'll feel EXACTLY the same, without any changes.

Tons of companies do this for alot of games. Using the same engine/assets.

...Capcom is just blatantly obvious about it.