What PISSES YOU OFF mid-game?

Bueno Excelente · 13789

Offline Chainsaw Guitar

• #1 Pulseman fan!
  • Robot Master
  • ^ GameFreak's true Magnum Opus right here. >:O
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: July 13, 2010, 11:59:14 PM
^ Fighting games have CPU? I wouldn't know. I always play human players like you're supposed to. :V

Anyways, not so much as pissed off about it, but more disappointed. Silhouette Mirage. Oh god Silhouette Mirage... I really want to like this game, I really do. But... this game is just plain not fun. Like, holy [parasitic bomb]. It's not so much an action game as it is a braindead beat 'em up. And that's saying a lot considering how brainless they already are.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #51 on: July 14, 2010, 12:41:57 AM
That freaking last platform where the boss shutter is in top man's stage

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFU-  O:<

...no offense, but how do mets not eat you alive?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Dantonumanoa Ongdolota Amycronicon

• Unwholesome, unsavory and unintelligible
  • Neo Arcadian
  • o fuk my k/d ratio
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: July 14, 2010, 05:59:31 AM
When you and an enemy make contact, you get hurt.

This never made sense to me. What if I want to shove my enemy? Is that not allowed? Why must I suffer to that end? [tornado fang] YOU.

I put on my [twin slasher] face.

I also go by Spectro D., Idylleaus, Malabar, and Dumb-bit Twofuck.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #53 on: July 14, 2010, 06:14:15 AM
Another thing that pisses me off in fighting games, when you're about to win the fight, the CPU turns around and whups your butt with no problem.

RRROOOCCCKKKYYY BBAAAAOOOBBBBBBBBOOAAAA!!!!! DX

Oh, get this. In RPGs, the bosses do the exact same turnaround pattern too! It's annoying, especially against a certain Midboss in Disgaea. Freakin' 1UPs me.. hrrg..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
  • Short for Sapphire Knight
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #54 on: July 14, 2010, 06:24:50 AM
Oh, get this. In RPGs, the bosses do the exact same turnaround pattern too! It's annoying, especially against a certain Midboss in Disgaea. Freakin' 1UPs me.. hrrg..
Wait, you've been beaten by Midboss? Well, he does enable restart bonuses earlier if you lose to him.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: July 14, 2010, 05:07:48 PM

This never made sense to me. What if I want to shove my enemy? Is that not allowed? Why must I suffer to that end? [tornado fang] YOU.
More recent games fix that. And Wario games do that RIGHT. Always liked that in them.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: July 14, 2010, 05:12:04 PM

This in Spades. The only time I could understand touching an enemy and getting hurt is when:

A: They're attacking you somehow

Or

B: They have Spikes, or some sort of electric barrier.

Never once have I understood how ANYBODY can die from touching:

A: Something rounded and plush (i.e. Kirby enemies with a few exceptions. Sleeping enemy is a big offender.)
B: Something that isn't even moving (i.e. Standalone Turrets with no sort of shield or anything, inactive enemies, Shotzos from (again) Kirby.)
C: Shields, I mean, is it made of fire? How the hell can enemy shields hurt me yet my shield doesn't affect them one bit? (i.e. Mettaurs, Sniper Joes, Some Zelda enemies.)
D: Standing 2-3 pixels away from an enemy means pain? Why? (i.e. any game where collision fields are TOO [tornado fang]ing LARGE.)

Its like the developers are saying "[tornado fang] you for touching an enemy, instead of letting you be a bully and push it around you're going to get attacked and maybe lose something too."

But, as Superbat said, its been getting better, not by much but its improving. Of course Wario games are a neat perk to this, seeing as you can push your enemies around, but thats part of how the game is run. It fits for the playstyle.

I'd like to put a (dis)honorable mention for getting hit by an enemy, falling fowards (or backwards) and sitting on the edge, thinking you would be able to get up, only for the game to make you fall down from whatever you were on (i.e. ANY 3D Mario game, hell, most 3D games have this problem.)

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: July 14, 2010, 05:46:04 PM
The entire premise of Mario Kart: Double Dash (although I have never played it). I mean, what the hell was Nintendo thinking? It's useless and counterproductive; I don't know why most people favor THIS over Mario Kart Wii (although Wii sucked also because of the CPU). I mean, you have two characters, one for driving and another to use items. You can't tell me with a straight face that that is not a shitty concept for a Mario Kart game. The other character is useless. Don't bother. You already have ONE character who can do both.

Also, the Golden Mushroom and the Triple Shells were assigned to Toad/Toadette and Koopa Troopa/Paratroopa as unique items respectively? Come on. And the Blue Shell has been gimped so that it only hits the character in first place. And the Fake Item Box has been gimped to the point of no return. [chameleon sting]ing A.

And one last thing: The karts look retarded, and their names are retarded. THIS is easily the worst Mario Kart game of all time.

If this looks like a rant to you or it belongs to another topic, then notify me.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: July 14, 2010, 06:09:12 PM
I dunno. Nothing really pisses me off mid-game. When I'm playing a game, and I get to a certain point I just like it. I find that complaining about a game after so many hours of playing it is just being a hater because things didn't go your way. Case and point: Peoples complaints about Star Ocean 3.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: July 14, 2010, 06:57:39 PM
The final Event Match in SSBB. Try to beat it on hard. you die, and die, and die.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: July 14, 2010, 07:54:39 PM
The final Event Match in SSBB. Try to beat it on hard. you die, and die, and die.

I did it pretty easily.

Now that Monkeys Unite one, where you play as a normal sized Diddy who has the strength and weight of a Mini Sized Character, was a pain in the ass.

Never before has a shitty recolor of Mewtwo (I use Riivolution exclusively when playing this game.) been able to rip me apart by grabbing Diddy and Pelvic thrusting him into the sky.

So [tornado fang]ing annoying.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #61 on: July 14, 2010, 08:01:16 PM
The purple coins from the first Super Mario Galaxy got on my nerves. The coins are scattered about in weird places, and you get a ridiculous time limit. UGH.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: July 14, 2010, 08:18:45 PM
The Monster Ock chase on Spider Man PSX/N64. The chase is too freaking long, Monster ock sounds creepy and It'll Hurt your fingers. Jump, Web swing, Hit wall, Turn in other direction, Repeat.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: July 14, 2010, 10:18:00 PM

Must be just you.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #64 on: July 15, 2010, 12:05:55 AM
Really?  Wow.  Good thing I already kicked your ass all over Wi-fi, or I'd feel bad about now.

Mario's cape in general pisses me off, much less when he's giant-sized in the last Brawl event. O:<  So does ROB's Final Smash, and basically everything about Toon Link.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: July 15, 2010, 12:07:22 AM
Mario's cape in general pisses me off, much less when he's giant-sized in the last Brawl event.

And his forward smash and forward aireal

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: July 15, 2010, 03:03:56 AM
I dunno. Nothing really pisses me off mid-game. When I'm playing a game, and I get to a certain point I just like it. I find that complaining about a game after so many hours of playing it is just being a hater because things didn't go your way. Case and point: Peoples complaints about Star Ocean 3.
You're acting as if a game is perfect all the way if it starts good. There's always games with frustrqating bits. The rotating platforms in God of War, the money-making parts in Shenmue 2, the Water Temple in OOT... All games have their frustrating parts which [acid burst] people off sooner or later.

This in Spades. The only time I could understand touching an enemy and getting hurt is when:

A: They're attacking you somehow

Or

B: They have Spikes, or some sort of electric barrier.

Never once have I understood how ANYBODY can die from touching:

A: Something rounded and plush (i.e. Kirby enemies with a few exceptions. Sleeping enemy is a big offender.)
B: Something that isn't even moving (i.e. Standalone Turrets with no sort of shield or anything, inactive enemies, Shotzos from (again) Kirby.)
C: Shields, I mean, is it made of fire? How the hell can enemy shields hurt me yet my shield doesn't affect them one bit? (i.e. Mettaurs, Sniper Joes, Some Zelda enemies.)
D: Standing 2-3 pixels away from an enemy means pain? Why? (i.e. any game where collision fields are TOO [tornado fang]ing LARGE.)

Its like the developers are saying "[tornado fang] you for touching an enemy, instead of letting you be a bully and push it around you're going to get attacked and maybe lose something too."

But, as Superbat said, its been getting better, not by much but its improving. Of course Wario games are a neat perk to this, seeing as you can push your enemies around, but thats part of how the game is run. It fits for the playstyle.

I'd like to put a (dis)honorable mention for getting hit by an enemy, falling fowards (or backwards) and sitting on the edge, thinking you would be able to get up, only for the game to make you fall down from whatever you were on (i.e. ANY 3D Mario game, hell, most 3D games have this problem.)

As games go on, I think you'll find it hard to find a recent 3D game which still does this. Even in really hard games, enemies hurt you only when they attack, which is always a good thing. Aside from franchises which have it established, like Mario, where it'd seem kinda wrong if Goombas didn't kill you.

As games go, aside from games where it's logical that enemies will kill you at a touch (like schmups) and games which are either revivals or established franchises (Sonic, Mario, the recent Rocket Knight or Contra classics...), I don't think games will use that old logic again. We've evolved out of that with the dawn of 3D. And that's good.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: July 15, 2010, 03:08:02 AM
To this day I still don't understand why the Water Temple pissed people off in OoT.

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #68 on: July 15, 2010, 03:10:16 AM
To this day I still don't understand why the Water Temple pissed people off in OoT.
I think it's because, for most of the temple, the only weapon you get to use is the hookshot/longshot.

My thread of Random Crap

Who loves Grape Soda? Sapph loves Grape Soda! Is it true? Is it true? Ohyesohyesohyes it's true-oo~ I do I do I do I do-oo~

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: July 15, 2010, 03:15:20 AM
I think it's because, for most of the temple, the only weapon you get to use is the hookshot/longshot.

....and that pisses people off?

Offline Sapphire Knight

• Coffee-Powered
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Sapph's DA
Reply #70 on: July 15, 2010, 03:19:29 AM
....and that pisses people off?
Well, it's just I guess. Personally, it's my favorite level.

My thread of Random Crap

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #71 on: July 15, 2010, 05:01:16 AM

[tornado fang]ing WATER LEVELS

HOW DO THEY WORK

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: July 15, 2010, 02:39:56 PM
You're acting as if a game is perfect all the way if it starts good. There's always games with frustrqating bits. The rotating platforms in God of War, the money-making parts in Shenmue 2, the Water Temple in OOT... All games have their frustrating parts which [acid burst] people off sooner or later.

I never minded the Water Temple in OOT. It was the easiest for me to get around even. The platforms in God of War are a matter of timing, and I've never played SHenmue 2, nor heard of it before now. It's not that I treat a game as if it's perfect, you misunderstood and twisted what I said. If I like a game, six hours to eleven hours in and had a good time, I fail to see why I'd be pissed at it for one part. Rather than get pissed off, I rather keep my cool, sit, think and solve the problem. I dunno, I like insolvable puzzles, so I guess that's where my patience comes from. But yeah, a large number of people who pick up a game these days will boot it up, judge it from start to finish by nitpicking little things that [acid burst] them off. I find it counter productive is all.

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: July 19, 2010, 05:11:18 PM
Online Team Brawls where you notice that your teammate is some garbage or isn't playing. Basically it's a two-on-one fight, which isn't so bad unless the other two are actually GOOD. Also, online random Brawls (or any Smash for that matter) where the others agree to double/triple team you in mid-game because they're pissy (Usually because you've been kicking their collective rear for two and a half matches, then they just go "GET 'IM!" and you're like "...well ain't this a...")

Also, lining up a killshot and then taking a shotgun from behind before firing. Though it's kinda hypocritical, I love shotguns myself.

Gill.

Serene Grace paraflinchers, Garchomp, Salamence, uber-noobs on PBR (Not because they're challenging, but rather because they aren't), and pretty much anytime I lose a match because Stone Edge missed.

Striderine combo in MvC1. Also in general being caught in an infinite. Though I just came full-circle and just grabbed a book to read after each occurrence.

Wi-fi/online boots. Sudden lag spikes count too.

The once-in-a-million occurrence of an Instant Kill move actually hitting me in Accent Core. I had a streak going too...For that matter, having your streak ended by dumb luck.

Think I'll stop there.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: July 19, 2010, 06:23:17 PM
I never minded the Water Temple in OOT. It was the easiest for me to get around even. The platforms in God of War are a matter of timing, and I've never played SHenmue 2, nor heard of it before now. It's not that I treat a game as if it's perfect, you misunderstood and twisted what I said. If I like a game, six hours to eleven hours in and had a good time, I fail to see why I'd be pissed at it for one part. Rather than get pissed off, I rather keep my cool, sit, think and solve the problem. I dunno, I like insolvable puzzles, so I guess that's where my patience comes from. But yeah, a large number of people who pick up a game these days will boot it up, judge it from start to finish by nitpicking little things that [acid burst] them off. I find it counter productive is all.
You have missed the point of the topic itself. There's all kinds of people, but if you insist on being a damn Vulcan when playing a game, I'm talking about frustrating parts in games. Harder parts which break the flow of the game somehow. What pisses you off, isn't just meant to be taken with a dictionary definition. You don't need to rage and shout and throw controllers at the wall to find those parts in games. Instead of criticizing people who find faults in games, you should either not post in a topic you have no point posting, or tell us parts of games which you find frustrating or hard to get through. And you're counting pure challenges as these parts. No, I never said that. Let me quote my entry post, the one you should have READ in the first place:

Make it so you show people ACTUAL gameplay flaws, not pure challenges but crap that just should NOT be there by gaming standards.

People have different standards from each other, but I find it very hard to believe that you have never experienced one single frustrating part in any game you've ever played. Or any part of a game you didn't LIKE because you didn't think it fit in the game itself. This isn't about people's moods, it's about the damn games. So either shut up about how you can find hard parts so fun and everyone else is just raging, or post something.