The Light Myth: Palutena's Mirror / Kid Icarus Thread

VixyNyan · 60852

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #200 on: April 22, 2012, 03:53:36 AM
Damn, really? Nice job. All I have left is that mission you just did and another one then I am done with Viridi. I really want to use a feather on that one, but I going to make sure if Spotpass counts as gem trading or not. If it does, it should be easy to get the 30 gem trade challenge. In the mean time, I started doing Hades Treasure Hunt, but with the large black cracks across my screen, I can't dodge attacks or shoot since it obscures my vision.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #201 on: April 22, 2012, 05:51:09 AM
I would be surprised if it did.  The challenge reads "30 people" and all Spot-pass gems come from Palutena's Mii.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #202 on: April 22, 2012, 06:13:19 AM
Nope, that's false. I have been Streetpassing the same 3 people for the past weeks and no one else and the the gem counter goes up in my records. Just to make sure, I am going to meet them again tomorrow and see what happens.

Plus, curse you hot weather! Making my hands too damn sweaty to play with my 3DS.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #203 on: April 24, 2012, 03:51:49 AM
I'm glad I'm not the ONLY person to have to wipe my thumbs before handling that damn Circle Pad...

Anyways, in camping the Reaper Fortress (which is surprisingly easy to clear at 8 Intensity; should get 9 done soon enough), got a Dark Bow of sheer badassery with 5.5 Melee and overall value over 300, making it EXCELLENT fusion material for a new Magnus Club!  I can get Speed+4 and 5-star Melee easily.  Gonna see if I can't do a little better on my Speed+4 weapon (I have three of 'em) before committing.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #204 on: April 24, 2012, 10:02:51 AM
Gosh, I need more hearts. Failing and failing again on the Space pirate level. I am gunna seriously consider a type weapon. Most likely Burning Palm, but serious, what the f***? They are much harder than the Underworld Army and the Forces of Nature. I have to make a better Darkness Bow, the melee isn't high enough.

On the plus side, I just finished Palutena's Treasure Hunt, only got 1 left on Viridi's, and f*** you Hades. Stop laughing at me.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #205 on: April 24, 2012, 10:17:52 AM
Gosh, I need more hearts. Failing and failing again on the Space pirate level. I am gunna seriously consider a type weapon. Most likely Burning Palm, but serious, what the f***? They are much harder than the Underworld Army and the Forces of Nature. I have to make a better Darkness Bow, the melee isn't high enough.

On the plus side, I just finished Palutena's Treasure Hunt, only got 1 left on Viridi's, and f*** you Hades. Stop laughing at me.

I imagine Hades would say something along the lines of:

"Oh c'mon Pitty poo, are you saying this challenge is too much? You defeated me, this couldn't be that much harder..."

or something

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #206 on: April 26, 2012, 05:57:26 PM
Woah.  >_<

I totally read that line in his voice. That ain't cool. Just to go to show that the voice acting was pretty spot on.
Anyways, I only got about 25 boxes left on Hades' hunt (20 if you include the feathers, which I probably WILL have to use). I have no idea how I am I going to the Boss Battles on Normal or Hard and I still got about 15 more levels to do on Intensity 9 and I am pretty sure the Chapter 9 will screw me over and Chapter 23. Medusa and Hades' Heart are kind hard for me to avoid, somehow.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #207 on: May 06, 2012, 05:09:16 PM
Because I no longer plan on updating my music thread here(or any of my failtstic creations threads) I'll just risk it and post it up here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGR7UER46k8

I'm sorry... I-I was just bored.

If you feel I shouldn't be posting this here, I'll delete this post.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #208 on: May 06, 2012, 05:19:40 PM
And that's not even the only time they do that.  XD

Made some nice weapon progress yesterday.  Fused some awesome Centurion Orbitars (6R/3.5M, same as my Jetstreams).  Also managed to get myself a better Palutena Bow (I had a 6R one before, but its modifiers were pretty much useless).  6R/4M, +2 Paralysis and Melee Dash Attack, and +1 Speed, Dash Charged Shot, and Heart Bonus.

Clearing Chapter 11 at 9.0 Intensity with an Arm, that took a LOT of practice, mainly because I was struggling to fuse a decent Arm in the first place.  Finally pulled it off with a Phoenix Arm.

For now, it's more Together Mode, since playing it 100 times is the only block I have yet to clear in Viridi's Treasure Hunt.  And I'm only missing two blocks in the Power Portrait, so here's hoping!

...oh yeah, and I somehow sank 70+ hours of playtime into the game before realizing that changing your menu theme also changes who shows up in the Offering screen.  Funny how the little things can slip by you.  -u-'

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #209 on: May 08, 2012, 05:16:42 AM
I am sorta jealous of your Centurion Orbitars. Mine is 6R + 0M, but it has Shot Defense +2, Petrification +4, Speed +4, and Forward-dash cont. +4. This weapon let me pass Chapters 1-14 on Intensity 9, plus Chapter 22 and 25. Still, when ever an enemy comes near me or requires to be meleed, I am f***ed.

I also want you Palutena Bow. My Darkness Bow has great stats (5.5R 5M), but hardly any Properties to boast of.

By the way, Has anyone gone to the Kid Icarus AR events at Gamestop or Bestbuy?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #210 on: May 09, 2012, 12:58:21 AM
You know, I COMPLETELY forgot about those.  Probably because I haven't had much of a reason to visit those two stores lately.

Oh yeah, and my Centurion Orbitar properties are Health+1, Shaking+1, Speed+3, Forward Dash Charge Shot+1, Forward Dash Continuous Fire+1, and In-peril Autododge+2.

We ought to just list the stats of our favorite weapons sometime.  I've been trying to keep a solid weapon of every type, although it was an awfully long time before I settled on my Phoenix Arm...

Petrification+4, that is pretty darn sweet.  But yeah, lack of melee can really screw you over in single-player at times.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #211 on: May 11, 2012, 07:10:29 PM

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #212 on: May 11, 2012, 07:39:32 PM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/117189-Kid-Icarus-Uprising-Sequel-Not-Happening-Says-Creator
>Sakurai fears Uprising's novelty would "grow thin" in a sequel.
Ha.
He obviously knows jack about BUSINESS.
Watch, as Nintendo makes a sequel anyway.  : P

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #213 on: May 12, 2012, 12:56:53 AM
As I recall, he wasn't particularly interested in making any Smash Bros. games after Melee, either.  Nintendo strong-armed him into doing Brawl by threating to make a game that would suck.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #214 on: May 12, 2012, 07:21:25 AM
It would be hard to one-up this game since pretty much defeating Hades is defeating the main villain. Unless they want something like Zeus suddenly coming out of nowhere and turning evil and having all gods go against him.

We ought to just list the stats of our favorite weapons sometime.  I've been trying to keep a solid weapon of every type, although it was an awfully long time before I settled on my Phoenix Arm...
A list...?  o~O
Let's see. I think I only use 3 weapons really depending on the situation. A Long Range Centurion Orbitors (V323) with 6R/0M (Shot Defense +2, Petrification +4, Speed +4, Forward-dash cont. fire +4), a Mid Range weapon Darkness Bow (V307) with 5R/4.5M (Overall defense +1, Knockback defense +1, Health +1, Burning +2, Walking Speed +1, Backward-dash ch. Shot +1) and a Close Range Burning Palm (V303) with 5R/5.5M (Paralysis +1, Stamina +4, Side-dash cont. fire +1).

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #215 on: May 12, 2012, 07:25:05 AM
so i just got my circle pad pro

at first i was annoyed that i couldn't set each circle pad to different things (one aim, the other move) but I think i found a scheme that works well.

circle pad to move (so both will make me move), and touch screen to aim. R is fire, which makes ZR center the camera.

i am pleased.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #216 on: May 13, 2012, 06:19:00 AM
And just when I thought I couldn't find a MORE badass Dark Pit Staff...

6R/3M, +1 to Health, Burning, Shot Range, and Stamina, and +3 to Speed.
Value 312

>BD

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #217 on: May 13, 2012, 10:44:02 PM
I finally picked Uprising up.

This game is [tornado fang]ing great, and I've only played the first level so far.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #218 on: May 13, 2012, 10:58:30 PM
trust me it only gets better from there :3

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #219 on: May 14, 2012, 05:34:37 PM
Finally finished Viridi's Treasure Hunt and I got about 10 more left on Hades. I still got 4 feathers left, so it shouldn't be that hard. If it were for F***ING MAGNUS! God, his level is hard on Intensity 9 seeing as you can only use melee, have no range attacks, and you can't use powers. Plus the Boss Body Pit is one small motherf***ing target! Sigh. Other that that, I only got about 5 more levels on Intensity 9.

I seriously have to consider using a staff. I went to the Palo Alto Kid Icarus Event and found a guy with a Flintlock Staff with Overall Defense +8, Standing ch. shot +4, Health -4, but it did about 420 at it's farthest point. Too bad it looked like the melee sucked balls. It did only 18 in its melee combo.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #220 on: May 15, 2012, 01:03:18 AM
Most players who use a staff aren't that concerned with melee damage, and Flintlock is especially weak in that department IIRC.  But yeah, they're popular weapons for a good reason.  The Dark Pit Staff has pulled me through more high-intensity chapters than I ever imagined.

I'm still trying to No Damage Clear Magnus's level.  Even on Intensity 0, doing a boss fight without getting hit when you have only melee attacks is a real pain.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #221 on: May 15, 2012, 02:15:37 AM
What is the level cap for the weapons? Some guy on another forum said he came across a person with a Club valued over 700. I'm not sure how much credit that statement holds, because I haven't seen anyone online with a weapon value more than 400.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #222 on: May 24, 2012, 07:59:46 AM
I think it is either 340 or 350. The highest weapon I have ever owned was a Laser Staff at 331. I did see someone online at 342, but that is the highest I have ever seen.

The last chapters I need to finish Intensity 9 are a pain. Magnus Chapter has you playing as Magnus, Lightning Chariot chapter is super long, Hades' stomach has too many enemies that need to be meleed (something I don't got the greatest weapons for), and there are too many trials from Lord Dyntos...

I finally found a good fusion guide here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997768-kid-icarus-uprising/faqs/64051

Posted on: May 16, 2012, 09:02:48 AM
Alright! I finally beat all the levels on Intensity 9. The one chapter I really hated the most was Chapter 19. Playing as Magnus was too damn hard. Not even Chapters 24 or 19 compared to that level. Now I get to enjoy my rather lovely gift of 999,999 hearts.  *o*

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #223 on: May 25, 2012, 07:52:59 PM
I think it is either 340 or 350. The highest weapon I have ever owned was a Laser Staff at 331. I did see someone online at 342, but that is the highest I have ever seen.

The last chapters I need to finish Intensity 9 are a pain. Magnus Chapter has you playing as Magnus, Lightning Chariot chapter is super long, Hades' stomach has too many enemies that need to be meleed (something I don't got the greatest weapons for), and there are too many trials from Lord Dyntos...

I finally found a good fusion guide here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997768-kid-icarus-uprising/faqs/64051

Posted on: May 16, 2012, 09:02:48 AM
Alright! I finally beat all the levels on Intensity 9. The one chapter I really hated the most was Chapter 19. Playing as Magnus was too damn hard. Not even Chapters 24 or 19 compared to that level. Now I get to enjoy my rather lovely gift of 999,999 hearts.  *o*

Got any tips on beating all Chapters on Intensity 9?

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #224 on: May 26, 2012, 04:24:31 AM
The general consensus is that obtaining a powerful staff is a good place to start, since most of them will let you kill things from a safe distance.  Supposedly Laser and Rose are popular choices, but I personally prefer the Dark Pit Staff for the fact that it packs powerful mid-range rapid fire for when sniping with charged shots isn't practical.

Flintlock Staff is popular in multiplayer because of its absurd shot strength, but it has the most craptacular Melee in the game, which can really screw you over in single player.