VixyNyan · 60850

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #175 on: April 05, 2012, 09:08:45 PM
I haven't experienced any lag while I've been playing... It's extremely fun though. Great playing with friends.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: April 05, 2012, 10:07:44 PM
It's hard, but rewarding I'm sure.
I saw the reward on a picture: 1 heart short of 1 million...  *o*

I haven't tried online yet, is it any fun?  Scary?
As for online, I haven't met much lag. I think most of the lag was on my part because I am quite far from the wireless router. When I am at my cousin's house, I have no lag whatsoever. Multiplayer is really fun though. It looks like it tries to make the teams with similar weapon values, so it shouldn't be hard. It is expect that you'll lose a few rounds at first, but eventually, you'll find a niche.
I haven't experienced any lag while I've been playing... It's extremely fun though. Great playing with friends.
Alright, I want to play with some RPMers, now!

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #177 on: April 05, 2012, 11:39:09 PM
I haven't tried online yet, is it any fun?  Scary?
I played the HELL out of single-player before taking my first steps online, but I made sure to save a low-value-but-still-fairly-strong Fortune Bow for use in Light Vs. Dark.  In free-for-all I prefer my Magnus Club.

Overall, it's a blast.  Matches manage to be chaotic without feeling completely random.  You might think that battling human players in the game would be tedious but I can tell you it beats the heck out of fighting Dark Pit in single player.  Six players is a great balance, as well.  Every once in a while I'd find a small group of players duking it out in free-for-all and nuke them with an Explosive Flame. 8)

The people who have completed the challenge where you beat all 24 levels at Intensity 9 are crazy. I was able to make an Aurum Palm with 5.5R and 5.5M and I was barely able to do the first two levels. I have no idea how to do the rest.
I've beaten Hewdraw on 9.0 Intensity but it took a LOT of repetition.  Yeah, doing that for the whole game is a clear indicator of having no life.

I've found that my Magnus Club works surprisingly well in air battles due to its ability to deflect enemy shots.  But I much prefer to use a Bow (or sometimes Orbitars) on the ground, so, yeah...

Still love the Twinbellows Cannon, but I don't appreciate its slow movement.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: April 06, 2012, 01:59:57 AM
Ah I see, I'll try online sometime, thanks ^^

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: April 06, 2012, 07:39:19 AM
Concerning the online and performance: what they said. There is sometimes slight lag for me, none of which has screwed me up during a match. The game doesn't offer you much breathing room to fit more than 5 powers in the power grid though, but I guess that's fine. As long as I have my trusty Bumblebee power to trick my opponents and strike them down. Playing Dead might be another power I'll have to use.

I've beaten Hewdraw on 9.0 Intensity but it took a LOT of repetition.  Yeah, doing that for the whole game is a clear indicator of having no life.

Patience, my dear Watson. Patience. Me, I'll finish the whole game on 9.0 Intensity by say, early 2014. 8D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #180 on: April 06, 2012, 11:25:06 PM
Just jumped into a quick match with Akamaru; he kicked my ass. Got Daybreak to fire in the final 5 seconds of the match, which annihilated me.

oh well it was fun XD

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: April 06, 2012, 11:27:19 PM
Well, that was fun. :D
Mirby, I didn't expect you to join the room. I just left it there and then next time I noticed: "Mirby joined the Room", and I'm like oh god, I am going to get raped. That final Daybreak in the last 5 seconds just cracked me up. It was a good and fun game.  0v0

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #182 on: April 06, 2012, 11:42:30 PM
Oh I suck at this game. It's just so much fun that I can overlook that and have a good time.

And yeah, that final Daybreak was just lol.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: April 07, 2012, 06:33:11 AM
Finally beat the Boss Battle mode, and in 23 minutes... on easy. I shudder to think what hard is like, I escaped easy with a pebble of health left over. Not touching that mode again until I get better weapons than what I have right now.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #184 on: April 10, 2012, 01:35:46 AM
Safe to assume Mega Man 10's boss attack is a pushover compared to this boss rush.

Also, my cards just came in today: Monday, April 09, 2012.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: April 10, 2012, 04:59:27 AM
Same, my card finally arrived today as well! I kinda forgot about them actually. ^^;

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: April 13, 2012, 03:37:03 AM
Finally finished Palutena's Treasure Hunt and I got 10 more left on Viridi's. I can never make Palutena's bow with 5 stars in Range and Melee now matter how hard I try. It is like saying, "f*** you" every time I try to merge powerful weapons and use the right combos. Sheesh.

By the way, I think I am going to hold a Free-For-All room open tomorrow around lunch time and on. I'll probably make a room when I see someone log in although various people have to type in my friend code... *cough*

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: April 14, 2012, 04:21:47 AM
There is evidently a limit to how badass a weapon can be (detailed FAQs on it are out there; I've only skimmed them).

I got a 6R/3M Palutena Bow, which is plenty for me.  My real star-trouble seems to be the Magnus Club (well, that and the Dark Pit staff, but I'm not terribly concerned with it).  I'm trying to preserve one that has a Speed+3 by fusion loops, and even though I raised the overall value of the weapon I actually lost half a Melee star last time.  The best I've yet managed is 4.5.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: April 14, 2012, 09:12:02 AM
So that means I half spent over 50 weapons trying to make something that doesn't exist? Wow, what a bummer. In that case, let's see if I can make a good enough one then.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: April 15, 2012, 03:10:27 AM
Not so much that it doesn't exist as it is that there's a reason it's such a pain in the ass to get it.  Stars and custom modifiers both contribute to the weapon's overall value, and the overall value of a fused weapon is based on the value of the weapons you're fusing (the two values have to be within 20 or so in order to rise).  5R/5M stars is perfectly doable (I have a Viridi Palm at 5R/4.5M), but even if you fused weapons with no other custom modifiers, the overall value would have to be above 250.  What's probably going on is that your modifiers are sucking up the weapon's value.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: April 15, 2012, 06:42:05 AM
I see. So much for trying to keep Freezing +4 and Fwrd Dash Ch Shot + 4 together... So Now trying to do all of Solo on Intensity level 9 and it turns out it is quite easy if you got a 4.5R Dark Bow or a 5R Centurion Orbitars. You gotta just work on timing when it comes to the bosses. Hewdrew was had, but then I breezed all levels till 7. Thatnos screwed me over in his regular form. Didn't know he had the power to make your health bar get cut in halve. Weakening, right?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: April 15, 2012, 07:26:00 AM
I haven't really attempted to 9.0 any chapters after Hewdraw.  Instead I've been focusing on the Treasure Hunts and on beefing up my weapons arsenal.  The best I did on Thanatos was 8, I think (had to survive at least his flight segment on 9.0 to unlock his Intensity Gate).  

In fact, today I went pretty much bankrupt on my hearts buying a badass 330-something Crusader Blade.  Maybe not the wisest thing to do when I never got the 300k heart achievement, but it gave me the fusion material I needed to make a high-star Dark Pit Staff.  5.5R compared to my old 4R.  And it has Running Speed +3 to boot!

Also today, got a 6R Twinbellows Cannon (thus joining the ranks of my Palutena Bow and Jetstream Orbitars), and FINALLY unlocked Centurion Orbitars.

Still wishing I could break 4.5M on my Magnus Club, but I've exhausted all avenues for now.  So it's back to treasure hunting, restocking my hearts, and maybe some more online later.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: April 20, 2012, 07:25:51 AM
What I hate the most is that I keep fusing and end up with powerful weapons that I am simply not good at using. My weaknesses being Cannons, Arms, and clubs...

F***ing pirates on level 8. They have more health than normal enemies, so I need multiple shots just to kill one. Energy Charge helps, I am am only so good at avoiding damage. On a side note, I have only 4 more on Viridi's Treasure hunt.

Hades! Now it's really on!

Offline VirusChris

• Virakin of the Darkness Arcana
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I'm the guy people hate
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: April 20, 2012, 09:51:26 AM
I still yet to beat any Chapters on Intensity 9.0, the highest is between 7.0 ~ 8.0 on some chapters.

I need to make a much more powerful weapon if I want to tackle on the bosses on the highest difficulty level. By the way does the weapon you have equipped effect the Three Sacred Treasures or...

[spoiler]the Great Sacred Treasure, the giant transforming mech, in the Final Chapter[/spoiler]

... against the bosses or enemies in those stages? Like more powerful shots than usual because the normal weapon you equipped is powerful?
Sometimes against the Final Boss I feel like I'm not doing enough damage AND it's bloody hard as hell to avoid all of the Final Boss's attack during the [spoiler]Chest section battle.[/spoiler]

Really annoyed by that and I like to know.

"Spirit-Soul Fusion! Invoke... VIRUS CROSS!!!" ~ Quote from my Virakins global project
JP PSN: UirusuKurisu
Official Husband of Fox Caster from Fate/Extra <3

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: April 21, 2012, 01:42:25 AM
I honestly don't know if your weapon affects the Sacred Treasures, but I am guessing the only way to find out is to equip a weapon and go out and do charged shots to an enemy from a certain distance and see how many shots it take and then get a more powerful weapon and repeat. If it takes less shots to kill, the obviously, a weapon with better stats and/or damage does really affect the weapon. The only thing I do no is that the benefit of having the Sacred Treasures is that you can kill Ornes.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: April 21, 2012, 03:48:08 AM
Killing Ornes is handy, but otherwise, I think their strength is fixed.  I've taken notice during a few replays that you can get normal weapons considerably more powerful than Light Arrows.

I'm a little stumped right now trying to No Damage Clear chapter eleven.  That last batch of baddies before Cragalanche always seems to nail a hit on me...

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: April 21, 2012, 08:00:46 AM
Have you tried the Invincibility Power? You can just activate it then using Tirelessness or Light Weight, run to the end?

I am more having trouble with the Finish Chapter 14 with 230 Kills and Finish Chapter 15 at Full health (5.0 Intensity). To do the first one, I need to be at Intensity 7 or higher to get enough enemies, but with the whole level electrified, my health goes down too fast. The second one, the boss has electrified floors, 8 cannons, and shields surrounding the Aurum Core. It'd be easy at lower Intensities, but 5 is required and that makes it "too long" for me to kill it with no damage whatsoever.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: April 21, 2012, 05:00:24 PM
There are two things I'm "feathering" my way through: Any "Nearby" stuff (nobody local, sucks but there's nothing that can be done), and the "Narrowly Avoid x Shots in Air Battles".  Yeah, seriously, I've played the game for over 50 Hours without unlocking the FIVE SHOT achievement with Palutena.  I guess they expect you to roll out of the way at the last second?  I dunno.

I have only four blocks left to go in Viridi's hunt, and besides the above-mentioned Chapter 11, the only other single-player block that's giving me trouble is shattering Amazon Pandora's mirrors.  I can drag that fight with her out forever and she never seems to want to throw a mirror up.  I think I've only seen two in my entire history with the game.  Anything you can do to prompt her?

Have you tried the Invincibility Power? You can just activate it then using Tirelessness or Light Weight, run to the end?
It's the end of the maze, where you have to kill the enemies to proceed.  I get nail the Jitterbug quickly enough, but between the little blade guys and the Boom Stomper that follows, one of them seems to always tag me.

I am more having trouble with the Finish Chapter 14 with 230 Kills and Finish Chapter 15 at Full health (5.0 Intensity). To do the first one, I need to be at Intensity 7 or higher to get enough enemies, but with the whole level electrified, my health goes down too fast. The second one, the boss has electrified floors, 8 cannons, and shields surrounding the Aurum Core. It'd be easy at lower Intensities, but 5 is required and that makes it "too long" for me to kill it with no damage whatsoever.
You do NOT need to be at 7.0 Intensity to get that many kills in Chapter 14.  Quite the opposite, I found lower Intensities to be more helpful, as it allows you to kill more enemies in the Air Battle segment before they escape off the screen.  My Dark Pit Staff worked wonders for that one.

Clearing Chapter 15 at full health wasn't really a problem with me, even on 5.0.  I always pack a high-level Mega Laser, which bypasses the shield nicely, and you can destroy the cannons, leaving the electrified floors your only real concern.  So pick a weapon with decent running speed and bring a Health Restore power just in case.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: April 21, 2012, 08:18:07 PM
There are two things I'm "feathering" my way through: Any "Nearby" stuff (nobody local, sucks but there's nothing that can be done), and the "Narrowly Avoid x Shots in Air Battles".  Yeah, seriously, I've played the game for over 50 Hours without unlocking the FIVE SHOT achievement with Palutena.  I guess they expect you to roll out of the way at the last second?  I dunno.
I hope you haven't used the feather yet... In order to get it, you need to be Gliding, so that means no shooting. From there, just narrowly avoid shots by moving Pit a bit. No barrel-rolling, though! You'll hear a sound that tells you, you have "avoided a shot" if done correctly. At level 5 and higher is recommended seeing as they relentlessly shoot you, making it faster to earn the shots.

Its hard though in that you have to resist the temptation to shoot...
I have only four blocks left to go in Viridi's hunt, and besides the above-mentioned Chapter 11, the only other single-player block that's giving me trouble is shattering Amazon Pandora's mirrors.  I can drag that fight with her out forever and she never seems to want to throw a mirror up.  I think I've only seen two in my entire history with the game.  Anything you can do to prompt her?
I did this at Intensity level 2, but I don't think it really matters. To get her to throw up the mirrors, I found out that being near her (maybe at your own melee range), she starts making heart shaped mirrors. Then just melee her behind the mirror and it should shatter (She doesn't move for a second or two after she makes the mirror. I guess reason being is that "what is the point of making something that reflects shots if I don't use it"). Obviously, range shots doesn't destroy the mirror. I don't know if I was lucky at the particular fight or not, but she made shields like 5 seconds after I destroyed one.

EDIT: Insert foot here *Akamaru points at his mouth* I mixed up Chapter 11 and Chapter 12. I just got 2 challenges left and that is one of them. I still got a feather, but I wonder if I can even complete the other challenge (Weapon trade 30 times).

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: April 22, 2012, 03:34:51 AM
FINALLY got Chapter 11 No Damage today (Instead Death Lv1 on the Boom Stomper at the end, and Energy Charge/Mega Laser for Cragalanche, plus my ever-trusty Dark Pit Staff).  So that just leaves Pandora's mirrors and a bit more of Together Mode before I clear Viridi's treasure hunt.

I hope you haven't used the feather yet... In order to get it, you need to be Gliding, so that means no shooting. From there, just narrowly avoid shots by moving Pit a bit. No barrel-rolling, though! You'll hear a sound that tells you, you have "avoided a shot" if done correctly. At level 5 and higher is recommended seeing as they relentlessly shoot you, making it faster to earn the shots.
I have, but at least now I can remove that feather icon from the picture.
Seriously, they couldn't add "while gliding" to the description?  Not shooting flies in the face of both score and hearts.