Protoman Blues · 208480

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #275 on: December 11, 2009, 06:29:20 AM
As much as I hate CGI as a special effect, Tron is a movie in which I want CGI, and the worst CGI, the better!

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #276 on: December 12, 2009, 03:19:23 PM
As much as I hate CGI as a special effect, Tron is a movie in which I want CGI, and the worst CGI, the better!
Lol, agreed.

Forgot to mention I watched Ninja Assassin last Sunday.
The action scenes were nice, that's about it actually.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #277 on: December 17, 2009, 02:30:49 AM
Iron Man 2 Trailer

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK YEAH!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: December 20, 2009, 10:03:22 AM
I went and saw Avatar in IMAX today.  The story is pretty standard, predictable, but I still thought it was pretty good for what it was.

...However, the visuals....they really are fuckawesome & mindblowing.  Cameron did what he set out to do and brought 3-D Movie Technology to a whole new level.  I've never seen anything like Avatar before.  It was absolutely incredible to watch.  I mean, unless TV's eventually get 3-D Technology incorporated into them, this movie will never look as good as it did in the theater. 

Offline borockman

• Super avatar painter in training
  • Legendary Hero
  • DONALD ANGRY! DONALD SMASH!!
    • View Profile
Reply #279 on: December 20, 2009, 10:14:29 AM
Just watched Planet 51.

Have to say it's pretty awesome good.

Proud member of Indigo tribe!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: December 21, 2009, 04:58:52 PM
I went and saw Avatar in IMAX today.  The story is pretty standard, predictable, but I still thought it was pretty good for what it was.

...However, the visuals....they really are fuckawesome & mindblowing.  Cameron did what he set out to do and brought 3-D Movie Technology to a whole new level.  I've never seen anything like Avatar before.  It was absolutely incredible to watch.  I mean, unless TV's eventually get 3-D Technology incorporated into them, this movie will never look as good as it did in the theater. 
My issue with the 3D was that the movie was a little too long for it. By the end my eyes were tired out.

Also, Colonel Miles Quaritch is awesome.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #281 on: December 22, 2009, 01:32:13 AM
Watched Avatar, I loved the visuals, and the final battle was epic, execpt for one tiny line.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #282 on: December 22, 2009, 06:59:39 AM
I watched Caveman over the weekend, starring Ringo Starr.  If you haven't seen it, go and hunt down this gem.

Offline Hiryu

• Capcom's Favorite futuristic ninja
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: December 22, 2009, 06:59:47 PM
Ha ha ha, I remember that movie. I haven't watched it in a few years, but it was funny from what I remember.

I've heard good things about Avatar, so I wouldn't mind going to see it. I still want my Harry Potter though.

Offline Psycho Yuffie

• Neo Arcadian
  • Pffft!
    • View Profile
Reply #284 on: December 22, 2009, 11:28:59 PM
I saw Avatar this last weekend. It was amazing in terms of visuals--especially since I saw it in 3D--and despite some hammy performances from the antagonists and having a hefty length, I enjoyed it. Unlike most people, I hadn't heard of this movie until last month. Even then, I knew really nothing about it, except there were blue-skinned aliens in it. Is it a masterpiece? No. Is it good? Yeah, it's entertaining. I personally liked it.

Oh, and Sigourney Weaver is amazing in this film.

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #285 on: December 25, 2009, 11:46:11 AM
Just watched Avatar.

Gotta say it's one of the most beautiful fictional world in any movie ever.

Story... yeah predictable but not bad, not bad at all.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: December 28, 2009, 07:40:06 AM
Just watched Evangelion 2.0..... In shitty Youtube Quality, recorded from some guys camcorder. It was still an epic as hell movie. Can't wait for the DVD release!

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #287 on: December 29, 2009, 12:25:54 AM
Recently saw Sherlock Holmes because Avatar in Imax 3D keeps getting sold out >:.

Sherlock Holmes is good, I really enjoyed it, especially when his brain gets to work, as well as the entertaining fight sequences.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: December 30, 2009, 05:56:17 AM
Sherlock Holmes was also some funny-ass [parasitic bomb]. Some of the scenes reminded me of the CSI series.

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline Sky

• massive idiot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • for kids
    • View Profile
    • art blog
Reply #289 on: December 30, 2009, 06:19:35 AM
avatar was [spoiler][parasitic bomb] in terms of everything but visuals[/spoiler]

squemp

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #290 on: December 30, 2009, 08:11:33 AM
Sherlock Holmes was also some funny-ass [parasitic bomb]. Some of the scenes reminded me of the CSI series.

That too, yes~

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #291 on: December 30, 2009, 01:27:51 PM
Oh Sherlock Holmes was just awesome!

Must buy the DVD release!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #292 on: January 01, 2010, 11:10:31 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONkh786EbSg[/youtube]

Looks pretty [tornado fang]ing soild. 

Offline borockman

• Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: January 05, 2010, 01:15:35 AM
Watched The Frog and princess.

I've to say I'm really impressed with the animation. Good characters and story is always a plus. I say 4/5.

I really missed Disney 2D magic.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #294 on: January 11, 2010, 05:58:31 AM
Watched Avatar earlier today and from an artistic standpoint, I was impressed with the visuals.  The rendering was quite nice, though there were some problems with the bump-mapping on some of the Navi, particularly Grace.  The mountains and the sky backdrops were pretty, the usage of sea life for the fauna was pretty creative, as sea life can certainly be alien.  I won't comment on the character movement as mo-cap was used, but the movement on some of the other critters was nicely-done, like the jellyfish-seed-things.  One of the creatures, particularly the lizard that would spin around in a Da Vinci-esque helicopter motion, seemed a bit ridiculous, but I could BS something for that being a sort of defensive display or some such, and not a method of movement, as it seemed counter-productive to spin yourself dizzy.  I liked the bioluminescence, it was pretty.  Overall, the movie was very pretty.

The plot, though...  I feel there could have been more done with it, as opposed to using what seemed like a combination of Fern Gully, Dances With Wolves, and Braveheart.  Not to say that such storylines are bad, mind you.  I mean, the formula worked for years and there have been many a compelling movie with what essentially amounts to the same plot, but there could have been more done with it.  Perhaps taken another direction, as I found myself predicting some scenes.  Though, it did leave me wondering more about the biology and physiology of the life forms.  Particularly the evolutionary patterns so that each and every organism had a complex neural net to interface with. 

Though, since I'm on the science aspect...  The floating mountains.  Gravity would need to be very, very light for that to work, to the point that it would be doubtful that life could be sustained on that moon.  Unless there were some powerful magnetic and tidal forces at work from the moon's gas giant.  Though, it still seemed a tad implausible.  Very pretty visuals, though.  With the plantlife growing, and the erosion from wind, rain, and water, those mountains, particularly the complex rock bridges strung together by roots, would degrade.  The roots would eat away at the rock and break it apart.  Tidal forces can do quite a bit of damage, even the tidal pull from our own, smaller, more distant moon.  The tidal forces from how nearby that gas giant is would wreak some havoc. 

Overall, I enjoyed the movie.  I liked it as it was visually engaging.  Even if the Navi looked suspiciously like the Nelvaanians that appeared in Clone Wars Chapter 23 in 05. 

Offline King Reaper

• yeah
  • B-Class Hunter
  • I used to be somebody...
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: January 11, 2010, 06:05:11 AM
I like how they explained the floating mountains: Flux vortex. Unless I'm mistaken, I'm pretty sure that explains as much as saying they float just because.
I also like the unobtanium. They took the time to flesh out this culture and language and the world, but they didn't even take the time to give the resource they were mining a proper name. I mean really.

EDIT: Looking into it, the mountains float because the "unobtanium" deposit beneath it creates an unusual magnetic field. Meh.

...what?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: January 11, 2010, 06:08:18 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONkh786EbSg[/youtube]

Looks pretty [tornado fang]ing soild. 
Agreed. Do want.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline RMX

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: January 20, 2010, 10:53:00 PM
Avatar's nothing to write home about except some 3D effects

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #298 on: January 28, 2010, 05:07:39 AM
The Hurt Locker is a very good movie.
It will probably have some disturbing scenes but it was so good.

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #299 on: January 31, 2010, 07:03:51 AM
Went to see Avatar, my opinion is that it wasn't bad. The 3D was amazing, and the Visuals are beautiful, rediculous at times, yes, but still pretty cool. My only gripe? A Group of kids being really loud that were at the base of the "Stadium" seating. Laughing like crazy during the Previews (Only 3, and by the only companies whoring out 3D to the extent of insanity, Dreamworks and Disney.) and screaming whenever something sudden happened.

Who the hell brings kids to PG-13 movies anymore. I thought parents were getting more overprotective.

I decided to keep the 3D glasses instead of Recycling them, because it would be a waste to Recycle $3 3D Glasses.