Klavier Gavin · 135302

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #825 on: September 15, 2010, 11:11:08 AM
What's Secret Ring-ish?

A good portion of the similar violins they use throughout the songs.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #826 on: September 15, 2010, 12:46:54 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9IUiBplNE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grv6awOcIVo[/youtube]

“We know they look delicious, but please refrain from licking the rides. That would be disgusting. Do you know where those rides have been?”

[tornado fang]ing Eggman. 8D

Also, Tails' new voice at the one minute mark.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmbVivX70VI[/youtube]

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #827 on: September 15, 2010, 01:52:16 PM
Holy [tornado fang], now this game looks awesome.
I want to play it.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #828 on: September 15, 2010, 05:31:01 PM
I'm betting that last tropical resort footage is one of those extra levels focused on training a single skill of the character.

Offline Shinigami No Tekken

• RPM's resident kid-on-the-old-man's-lawn.
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #829 on: September 16, 2010, 01:32:44 AM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kb9IUiBplNE[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grv6awOcIVo[/youtube]

“We know they look delicious, but please refrain from licking the rides. That would be disgusting. Do you know where those rides have been?”

[tornado fang]ing Eggman. 8D

Also, Tails' new voice at the one minute mark.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmbVivX70VI[/youtube]

This game impresses me more and more with every video.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #830 on: September 16, 2010, 03:58:47 AM
Oh Eggman. You awesome bastard.

Tails new voice sounds alright. Not as annoying as his Pre and Post Sonic Heroes voices.

I like how they've got that sound effect/soundtrack clip for the wisp abilities.

Also, from the "sonic simulator" (the multiplayer first vid) I can see they are still going with Eggman's 06 theme.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #831 on: September 16, 2010, 04:21:06 AM
Oh Eggman. You awesome bastard.

Tails new voice sounds alright. Not as annoying as his Pre and Post Sonic Heroes voices.

I like how they've got that sound effect/soundtrack clip for the wisp abilities.

Also, from the "sonic simulator" (the multiplayer first vid) I can see they are still going with Eggman's 06 theme.

Speaking of sounds and voices, doesn't sonic's voice seem a little deep now?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #832 on: September 16, 2010, 06:25:15 AM
Thats because he has a new VA too.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #833 on: September 16, 2010, 07:24:43 AM
Thats because he has a new VA too.

Yeah. I know he has a new VA, but it still seems deep to me.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #834 on: September 16, 2010, 03:57:12 PM
Basic Wii tutorial

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KTCBXjMBWg[/youtube]

Basic DS tutorial

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yd2yEoTvIM[/youtube]

And other videos:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-jCLlZGECU[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yorC9nUp1IY[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCuW_iQm0I4[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJYfUg19im4[/youtube]

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #835 on: September 16, 2010, 04:05:16 PM
I find it amazing how they managed to make the two versions so similar in comparison.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #836 on: September 16, 2010, 06:03:17 PM
Yeah. I know he has a new VA, but it still seems deep to me.

Must be because Chris Redfield is Sonic now.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #837 on: September 16, 2010, 09:31:09 PM
Trailers seem too samey now. When are they gonna show off new levels? We've only seen three so far, I think.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #838 on: September 16, 2010, 10:32:56 PM
Trailers seem too samey now. When are they gonna show off new levels? We've only seen three so far, I think.

Actually, I think it's two that we've seen.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #839 on: September 16, 2010, 10:56:57 PM
Actually, I think it's two that we've seen.
Tropical stuff, food stuff, and the Wisp planet.

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #840 on: September 16, 2010, 11:01:40 PM
Tropical stuff, food stuff, and the Wisp planet.

Oh yeah. Wisp planet. Forgot about that.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #841 on: September 17, 2010, 01:11:45 AM
New voices sound better than I was expecting (well, in Sonic's case; for Tails it's hard to NOT sound better).  I still wish Tails was more than a [tornado fang]ing navigator/cheer-leader, which he's been reduced to ever since Rush, but the game is looking cool otherwise.

Apologies for the lateness in responding to one of Batty's posts.  It really is something I wanted to comment on, but real life kept me busy.
DISCLAIMER: Despite fragmented quote tags the entirety of Superbat's post is here.
Some explanation would have to be given to why Blaze is in the game all of a sudden. And it would really serve no purpose whatsoever. Just let the game be without nitpicking on the absence of a single character who isn't prevalent in the Sonic series and is only wanted in this game because it's unofficially Sonic Rush 3.
I'm sorry, but I just see that argument as too "in the box".  It would take all of five seconds to put her in the game, but it's too inconvenient to write a scenario for it?  Not buying that.  The vast majority of decent platformers are games in which nobody gives a rat's butt about the story.  And even if no story rationale behind her appearance can be thought of, she could always be a post-game bonus.  It's not as if there's any reason for Luigi in NSMB, or the Navigators in X8.

The Wii isn't the only console around, and Sonic Team has proved time and time again to not be able to hold the responsibility to handle more than one single gameplay mode without [tornado fang]ing it all up for almost ten years.

The mentality that multiple characters mandate multiple gameplay modes is the very thing that shoots Sonic Team in the foot.  Just because I want to see Tails in gameplay does NOT in any way shape or form mean that I want to see Tails-specific stages.  I don't.  Tails-specific stages belong in a Tails-specific spinoff game, not in a Sonic game.

When I speak of characters, I am not speaking of alternate gameplay modes.  I am speaking of the STH2-S3&K approach: maybe a few character-specific routes because you can, but still clearly within the same basic gameplay mold.  Black Knight has multiple characters but in a single gameplay mode (crapass versus mode not withstanding; I'm referring to the main game).  Sonic Unleashed has only Sonic, but in multiple gameplay modes.  You're muddling two different issues together whereas I am discussing only one.

Further, the Wii is where Sonic has seen the most action this console generation.  But even including all home consoles, we have four Sonic titles:  Two are Sonic-solo (Secret Rings and Unleashed), and one (Black Knight) as additional characters wholly optional.  Only STH 2006 features characters who may be considered detrimental to gameplay.  And, dare I say, the last game of the previous generation was also a hedgehog-solo game, and one which made more than a few critical missteps.  Rush games both feature an alternate player and were well-received.  There is no correlation between "solo" status and the quality of the title, period.

So far, what we've seen of both new home console games they're making, suggests that they're at least decent and not a complete shitty mess like the ones before. We still have to judge that for ourselves, but for now, the system seems to be working. Aside from your favoritism for a game most people seem to hate and alot of other questionable choices, surely you can find this easy to understand? The one thing people need, is a GOOD Sonic game. At this point, as long as they can deliver quality to us, I will not give a flying [tornado fang] about whether the game stars Rocky the Raccoon or Honky the Hippo. Sega's keeping it as simple as they can in both of these games, while still offering simple extras to make it memorable. With everyone bitching about this "back to origins" bullshit, we need simplicity more than ever. We need a game that gamers, fans and reviewers can enjoy equally, a game which has the potencial to be fun for pretty much everyone. For now, from what we've seen, this seems to be travelling in that direction. It's an improvement on everything the halfway good parts of Unleashed were, built on the easiest home console to program for nowadays, on a system Sonic Team has experience with. Everything about this makes sense.
I will note that the Sonic Cycle is not officially broken until gameplay impressions have been established among the masses.

Further, remember who you're talking to.  Hardcore MegaMan fan who just came off two years of sequels in the NES mold, following ZX for all its awesomeness being bogged down with God knows how many fetch-quests.  I know a thing or two about return to simplicity, and yes, Sonic could absolutely benefit from that.  But, like MegaMan 9, in returning to roots there is such a thing as turning the clock back too far.  It's one thing to return to the old style; it's quite another to return to the original draft and discard all progress made since then.  Ask anyone their favorite Sonic game, and your answer will most likely be STH2, SCD, or S3&K.  In two of those three, you have multiple characters.

To me, a return to form without Tails is just as offensive as if STH4 didn't feature a spin-dash.  Sure, you could make the game great regardless, but you just have to ask, why?

Anyway, Sonic fans will [sonic slicer] beyond racionality.
The one universal constant of gaming.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #842 on: September 17, 2010, 02:10:12 AM
...aaaaaaaand this is when I go to bed and reply tomorrow or something. Arguing about your unexplainable fetish for rubbing yourself against characters who play exactly like one another aside from a few small differences is one of those things I got no patience for right now.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #843 on: September 17, 2010, 05:22:32 AM
And Yet im certain you loved it when you could play as Knuckles and tails in Sonic3 and Knuckles. they all could spindash, but at the same time, they all had character specific abilites.

thats something that I agree with Hyper on.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #844 on: September 17, 2010, 08:39:48 AM
And Yet im certain you loved it when you could play as Knuckles and tails in Sonic3 and Knuckles. they all could spindash, but at the same time, they all had character specific abilites.

thats something that I agree with Hyper on.
Because his gameplay would REALLY be easy to introduce in a game like Colors, huh? Or Tails'!

Knuckles and Tails have enough abilities to be considered diferent characters altogether, to change the game itself in its obstacles. Blaze does not. I honestly considered her just a boring extra in Rush.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #845 on: September 20, 2010, 09:13:46 PM

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #846 on: September 20, 2010, 10:43:09 PM

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #847 on: September 24, 2010, 05:38:26 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ky-Dus0Lx0[/youtube]

Contrary to the E3 build some of you may have played getting S-ranks are TOUGH. You’ll need to maximise your grabbing of bonuses whilst still maintaining your speed and maximising your ring count in order to gain them.

Yacker doesn’t have a voice as such, but makes an audible chittering noise. He’s also big on body language communication – think Sonic: Night of the Werehog.

Since you guys love the Tails facts so much… FOXY FACT: Tails is more interested in inventing than Sonic’s heroics.

Sometimes bad situations can lead to good discoveries!

You CAN skip cutscenes – press + on the wiimote.

Dr. Eggman ALSO has something of a 4th wall breaking moment.

The Wisps have a, rather rude nickname for Dr. Eggman!

That’s all for now, oh wait… one bonus item for you to deduce.

Sept 19th > Cowboys.

That’s all.

Source

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Cool Story, Bro!
    • View Profile
Reply #848 on: September 24, 2010, 05:45:39 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ky-Dus0Lx0[/youtube]

Contrary to the E3 build some of you may have played getting S-ranks are TOUGH. You’ll need to maximise your grabbing of bonuses whilst still maintaining your speed and maximising your ring count in order to gain them.

Yacker doesn’t have a voice as such, but makes an audible chittering noise. He’s also big on body language communication – think Sonic: Night of the Werehog.

Since you guys love the Tails facts so much… FOXY FACT: Tails is more interested in inventing than Sonic’s heroics.

Sometimes bad situations can lead to good discoveries!

You CAN skip cutscenes – press + on the wiimote.

Dr. Eggman ALSO has something of a 4th wall breaking moment.

The Wisps have a, rather rude nickname for Dr. Eggman!

That’s all for now, oh wait… one bonus item for you to deduce.

Sept 19th > Cowboys.

That’s all.

Source

These caught my attention.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #849 on: September 24, 2010, 05:47:46 PM
Sept 19th passed us by already. And getting S-Ranks should be intresting, hopefully keeping fun intact while still having a challenge. Thats the only way S-Ranks should be done (I'm looking at YOU, Wii/PS2 Eggmanland.)