The Pre-E3 2010 Discussion Thread - HYPE SEASON! NEWS SEASON!

Jericho · 16873

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Hey, I was just linked to this page on IRC.
http://e3.gamersguidetolife.com/2010/05/ultra-exciting-list-of-confirmed-games.html

It says it will be constantly updated, so I guess that if more are confirmed, the list will be updated to reflect that.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Mafia II and Fallout: New Vegas seem to have quite alot of potencial. I remember loving their predecessors. I just hope to see more gameplay and concrete details.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Hahaha.  "Untitled sequel."

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
"Untitled sequel"

A simple game in the works would have been fine. XD

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Checking that link I posted earlier, which has been updated, makes me wonder something... when did Square Enix get the Tomb Raider rights? And the Kane & Lynch ones? I'm confused...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
They bought Eidos quite a while ago.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
I thought so... must've either missed that or forgotten...

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
They bought Eidos quite a while ago.
And everytime I know that fact, I have horrible flashes about a Legacy of Kain game with bishonen vampires. TAKE IT AWAY

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
*taps Flash's shoulder*

I personally doubt that'll happen, but, whatever fancies ya.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
*taps Flash's shoulder*

I personally doubt that'll happen, but, whatever fancies ya.
I know. It's a joke, like Disney including Marvel characters in their next Kingdom Hearts. We know they'd never do that, but knowing that they COULD makes your blood boil.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Or like Disney characters in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. That was one I heard a lot.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Okay, WHO IS EXCITED ABOUT VANQUISH? Dammit, I wasn't expecting much, but that latest gameplay trailer looks so friggin' AWESOME.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/06/tetsuya-nomura-working-on-a-number-of-tba-titles/

Link above has an interesting comment by Nomura, consisting of TBA titles from E3'10 all the way to Winter.

I hope VERY much hope one of these include a proper announcement to Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday~

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
http://www.siliconera.com/2010/06/06/tetsuya-nomura-working-on-a-number-of-tba-titles/

Link above has an interesting comment by Nomura, consisting of TBA titles from E3'10 all the way to Winter.

I hope VERY much hope one of these include a proper announcement to Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday~

God, this is what I hate about Nomura. He works on TONS of titles at the same time, announces them years before anything about them is actually done, and then takes alot of time to have anything concrete done. Where's Versus? Even a tiny concrete gameplay trailer would have helped. Where's Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday? Where's Final Fantasy Agito XIII? Haven't these titles been announced for years? Howcome we know nothing about them?

Although I love some of his stuff, it's fruatrating to see the guy be in so many projects at the same time and then move at a snail's pace. He'll probably announce a few more this E3...

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
God, this is what I hate about Nomura. He works on TONS of titles at the same time, announces them years before anything about them is actually done, and then takes alot of time to have anything concrete done. Where's Versus? Even a tiny concrete gameplay trailer would have helped. Where's Parasite Eve: The 3rd Birthday? Where's Final Fantasy Agito XIII? Haven't these titles been announced for years? Howcome we know nothing about them?

Although I love some of his stuff, it's fruatrating to see the guy be in so many projects at the same time and then move at a snail's pace. He'll probably announce a few more this E3...

Top it off with a Kingdom Hearts with a twice-as-confusing plot than the last one and Nomura'll make it strike more than what George Lucas makes with his Star Wars franchise.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Well Nomura will attend at E3, that's for sure.

But now I get the feeling he came to talk about his TBA titles, and not Versus.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Considering they scraped all the ideas they had for Versus before they probably wouldn't have much to show anyway.  Last I heard they were scrambling to get ANYTHING together to show though.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Also, keep in mind that it's Japanese practice to set release dates far into the future so as to prevent delays. Nomura just takes this to the extreme.

Still, more titles. ^_^

also, relevant link is relevant.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
I don't know why people are so vested into this alleged Goldeneye remake. It's one of those too good to be true rumors.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Considering they scraped all the ideas they had for Versus before they probably wouldn't have much to show anyway.  Last I heard they were scrambling to get ANYTHING together to show though.
Funnily enough, it's quickly becoming the Duke Nukem Forever of this generation, being shown at the very beginning of the generation and being continuously pushed forward year after year with no results. And hilariously enough, people are calling it "the better Final Fantasy" after XIII failed to impress them, without actually seeing even a tiny bit of gameplay from the game, and just with the detail that the game will be more action-oriented and made by the KH Nomura team. I'm holding judgement until I see some proper gameplay, which I seriously hope it'll be this E3. Maybe they've quickly scrounged up something? Juuuust maybe?

Also, like a mad old man who is the only member of a forgotten and useless cult, I'll be sitting here, waiting for the Great Pumpkin again this year. Whoops, I mean any Shenmue-related news.

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Also, like a mad old man who is the only member of a forgotten and useless cult, I'll be sitting here, waiting for the Great Pumpkin again this year. Whoops, I mean any Shenmue-related news.

I feel you...I still remember the cockblock of "the Shenmue story is complete, but we have no means to continue w/ Shenmue III"

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
I feel you...I still remember the cockblock of "the Shenmue story is complete, but we have no means to continue w/ Shenmue III"
Suzuki should just release the damn notes on the net or something. Make it a documentary feature, with alpha footage and stuff like that. It's probably all still in storage.

Sega are sitting in such goldmines... A remake of Panzer Dragoon Saga would be one of the best things ever.

Offline Alice in Entropy

• Genderifically Confuzzled
  • Master's Unit
  • MAKE LOVE FOR MY KITTENS
    • View Profile
Anybody remember Project H.A.M.M.E.R. and Sadness?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Maybe Square should just focus on DS RPG games instead of the epic ultra-graphic/voicework/etc Final Fantasies we've come to know and be bored by?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Anybody remember Project H.A.M.M.E.R. and Sadness?
Yep. Funny about Project H.A.M.M.E.R. It was being made by Nintendo internally, right? When I heard of it, I went "Nah, no way Nintendo's releasing something like this." Looks like I was right. 8D I'd just REALLY love to see a combat game made by Nintendo on the Wii, since so far, they're pretty much the only ones to make all their titles work well with the remote.
Oh, and about Sadness, dunno if you people heard, but the half-finished soundtrack was released online awhile ago. Here's a link.

http://purenintendo.com/2010/05/25/download-sadness-music/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PureNintendo+%28pure+nintendo%29