Yugioh 5 D's

Flame · 95139

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: August 07, 2009, 06:15:34 PM
If theyd actually included a bit of "typical school anime" it would have made more sense too.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #226 on: August 08, 2009, 06:30:21 PM
And they would have given Judai actual development for his character nstead of just another action boy hero.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: August 08, 2009, 07:03:00 PM
another main character who only wins all the time because he is a main character.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #228 on: August 11, 2009, 09:50:32 AM
Still okay stuff first season, not as epic as 5D's first season though. I swear man, presentation of those first 26 episodes were pretty amazing.

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: August 16, 2009, 06:25:04 AM
The speed at which things were presented, like characters and plotline, was also impressive for a Yugioh show.
also, lol at recent ep. I guess this explains why Aki is on a D-wheel in Wheelie breakers, doesn't it. She seems quite fascinated with Riding dueling.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: August 17, 2009, 05:02:07 PM
Meh, I never consider the video game plotline to be related to the proper anime canon, yanoo.

But yeah, Aki really does like sum dat riding duel thar. lol, jk, I really can't see aki on a D-wheel though.

Sherry looks like another Mai though.

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: August 18, 2009, 10:35:12 PM
I can imagine Aki on a D wheel...

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: August 19, 2009, 02:11:54 PM
Aki on a D-Wheel. That's something clearly interesting.

I think I should catch up with 5D's.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: August 20, 2009, 08:33:34 PM
So, they've introduced a new character for this story arc...a female D-Wheeler even. Still, what's her point? Only to make Aki jealous? Introducing another possible love interest? Having Aki start riding dueling? And what's with Aki and Sherry suddenly having lipstick from one episode into the next?

So far this season doesn't really get me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: August 20, 2009, 08:54:32 PM
First season was best.

Offline Yami Blade

• Tenkai Star
  • Robot Master
  • Tenka Gomen no Samurai Sentai....
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: August 20, 2009, 08:56:41 PM
I just started watching the sub.  Card games on Motorbikes is awesome.

"When debating, solve your disagreements not by words, but by screaming 'I AM A MAN!!!', and punching them in the guts. Allow me to demonstrate... I AM A MAN!!!! *punch*"

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: August 21, 2009, 02:08:28 AM
So, they've introduced a new character for this story arc...a female D-Wheeler even. Still, what's her point? Only to make Aki jealous? Introducing another possible love interest? Having Aki start riding dueling? And what's with Aki and Sherry suddenly having lipstick from one episode into the next?

Apparently this new character has a vendetta against that yliaster crap for killing her parents.

Anyways, it's more like she's this series Mai, so rival chara, yay.

What's with Aki and Sherry having lipstick? Blame the animation director of that episode. I swear man, it's always pretty sketchy when it comes to Yu-gi-oh.

Revolutionary

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: August 21, 2009, 02:09:40 AM

It can only get better now, rite? I mean, now* they'll be fighting guys who like to dress in white. That oughta good.

*By "now", I mean "in this story arc".

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: August 21, 2009, 10:59:14 PM
Remember Sautorius.
And Dartz.

they both Sucked. Sautorius more, because he was a cheap Marik Ripoff.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: August 22, 2009, 03:24:28 PM
Remember Sautorius.
And Dartz.

they both Sucked. Sautorius more, because he was a cheap Marik Ripoff.
Hey, I liked Saiou.
Dartz was awesome too, much better than that faget Noah.

Tough I will admit, they both really weren't that great of a villains. Still, they were good enough for me.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: August 22, 2009, 05:27:56 PM
Can anyone quote me that sentence from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure where every villain in manga nowadays are just a bunch of guys who just need hugs and real villains are becoming a scarce?

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: August 22, 2009, 06:03:00 PM
I B EBIL BUT BUTTHURT 'BOUT SUMTANG?

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #242 on: August 22, 2009, 09:47:07 PM
Also, lol ep 72. both wearing lipstick for some odd reason.

Offline Romantic Fool

• Since 1995
  • B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: August 23, 2009, 05:30:23 AM
Also, lol ep 72. both wearing lipstick for some odd reason.

What's with Aki and Sherry having lipstick? Blame the animation director of that episode. I swear man, it's always pretty sketchy when it comes to Yu-gi-oh.

^This

Revolutionary

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: September 05, 2009, 09:33:39 AM
Oh? This is interesting...
The CW4Kids television programing block has confirmed that the first English-translated Yu-Gi-Oh! television series will replace the current Saturday showings of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's in the United States. (The Cartoon Network still lists repeats of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's on its schedule.) The first two episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters will air this Saturday, followed by one subsequent episode every week. Starting on September 19, CW4Kids' Fall season schedule will be the following:

Time    Title
7:00 a.m.    Gogoriki (new episodes)
7:30 a.m.    Winx Club! (season 1 continues)
8:00 a.m.    Rollbots (new series)
8:30 a.m.    Dinosaur King (new episodes)
9:00 a.m.    Yu-Gi-Oh! (season 1 continues)
9:30 a.m.    Sonic X
10:00 a.m.    Sonic X
10:30 a.m.    TMNT 25 Top 10 #9
11:00 a.m.    Chaotic M'arrillian Invasion (new episodes)
11:30 a.m.    Kamen Rider Dragon Knight (new episodes)

Although most new Kamen Rider Dragon Knight episodes premiere on Saturday, TheCW network will air the 21st episode of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight on Friday at 4:30 p.m. The 22nd episode will then air as usual on Saturday. TheCW has not had a regular children's programming block on weekday afternoons since its inception; its WB predecessor ended the Kids WB programming block in January of 2006.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-09-04/cw4kids-replaces-yu-gi-oh-5d-with-1st-yu-gi-oh-show

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: September 05, 2009, 02:34:52 PM
Is there someone here who cares? Don't think so.

Tough, it makes me wonder what 4Kiddies is thinking.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: September 05, 2009, 05:00:17 PM
Maybe they failed with 5D's and folks didnt like it. who knows. Just thought Id throw that here since It was interesting.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: September 07, 2009, 10:04:52 AM
4Kids is advancing in their plot to stop Little Kuriboh

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: September 07, 2009, 06:52:52 PM
Hmm.. So the guy is called "Dark Glass"? nice name. This was one of those episodes that was truly enjoyable to watch. ;lately 5D's is lacking those... the Accel synchro was interesting too.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: September 12, 2009, 01:20:01 PM
Oh boy, I haven't even watched up to the eyecatcher of episode 75 yet, but I can't stop laughing. Watching Aki constantly crashing her D-Wheel is hilarious, yet sad at the same time. And now Yusei's skating with her to show her how to drive backwards...something is wrong with this season, very wrong. I guess this is supposed to be the episode Faithshippers have been praying for. Can't say it's the kind of thing I would have imagined.

And God, Jack with a pimp hat...

Now then, I'm looking forward to the [sonic slicer] battle between Aki and Sherry.