BEST and WORST games you've ever played?

dragontamer272 · 10145

Offline dragontamer272

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
on: April 10, 2010, 07:25:47 AM
BEST games I've ever played:

#1: Mega Man X (Super Nintendo)
#2: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (Super Nintendo)
#3: Metal Gear Solid (Sony PlayStation)
#4: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow (Nintendo DS)
#5: Mega Turrican (Sega Genesis)

WORST games I've ever played:
#1: Super Metroid (Super Nintendo) (Don't even ask why.)
#2: Musya: The Classic Japanese Tale of Horror (Super Nintendo)
#3: Vigilante (TurboGrafix-16)
#4: Jammit (Sega Genesis)
#5: George Foreman Boxing or something (Game Boy)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 06:55:23 AM by dragontamer272 »

Visit my art gallery at deviantart today. http://dragontamer272.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am now one of those so-called "Bronies".

Offline Cherrykorock

• Dr Light's other creation
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Zero can divide by Zero.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 07:30:47 AM
BEST games I've ever played:

#1: Mega Man X (Super Nintendo)
#2: Metroid Prime (Game Sqaure)
#3: Halo (Xpackage)
#4: Megaman ZX(Nintendo DS)
$5: Megaman 7 (Super Nintendo)

#1: Batman Beyond (Pain Station)
#2: Megaman X 6 (Pain Station)
#3: The Legend of Zelda (Whatever)
#4: Jewel Master (Sega Genesis)
#5: Megaman Legends (1 kinda liked 2))

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2010, 07:34:52 AM
BEST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED:
Mega Man X (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country 2 (SNES)
Sonic 3 & Knuckles (GEN)
Super Mario Galaxy/New Super Mario Bros. Wii (tied) (Wii)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night/Harmony of Dissonance/Aria of Sorrow/Portrait of Ruin/Order of Ecclesia (all tied) (PSX/GBA/NDS)

WORST GAMES I'VE EVER PLAYED
Adventures of Dino Riki (NES)
E.T. (Atari)
Custer's Revenge (Atari)

Also, Invader_Rock, some here don't take kindly to those who didn't like Legends...

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 07:36:36 AM
BEST:

Super Metroid (SNES)
Sonic 3 (GEN)
SSBB (Wii)
Yoshi's Island (SNES)

WORST:

Incredible Crash Dummies (SNES)
Clay Fighter 2 (SNES)
Ren and Stimpy: Veediots! (SNES)

I can't remember any more.

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 10, 2010, 07:40:45 AM
Well I guess that's to be expected right? =]

Also I forgot this one, Mischief Makers (N64) I actually like it more than Megaman X a little.

Edit````````

Also PowerQuest (Gameguy) It is either one of the best OR the worst games I have ever played. I'll never be sure.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 08:05:27 AM
#1: Super Metroid (Super Nintendo) (Don't even ask why.)

Sorry, but this requires an explanation.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 08:14:28 AM

It really does

I have too many great games I've enjoy over the years and it's hard to pick a favorite. Worsts, on the other hand..

1. Sonic 2006
2. Shadow the Hedgehog

Actually.. I can't think of any others. I really only go out of my way to play games I think I might enjoy or that I'm genuinely curious about. The above two were both so bad.. I beat Shadow, but it's the first time I ever put a controller down mid-level and said "I'm done". Sonic 2006 just gave me a horible headache.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 08:17:24 AM
Yeah, I was wondering that too.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 10:05:12 AM
I'm not good at making lists.
Assume I either like everything/hate everything.

Offline dragontamer272

• Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 10:11:51 AM

Oh okay, first of all... I'm not a Metroid fan, the navigation was a big pain in the butt, I die and die constantly, and most of all, the ending was just the planet exploding and Samus revealing herself (depending on how long the game is played)... all OVERRATED. No offense if you like it, I just don't, even my brother doesn't like it either.

Visit my art gallery at deviantart today. http://dragontamer272.deviantart.com/

Yes, I am now one of those so-called "Bronies".

Offline Cherrykorock

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 10:18:17 AM
I actually am a big Metroid fan, and the exploring CAN be quite tedious if it's not your cup of tea so I get that. I also agree that is (like FF7) is over-rated, that said I do love Super Metroid and it is one the better games created in my opinion.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 04:58:51 PM
Best:
Very, very tough decision.  But I'm going to have to go with MegaMan Legends 2 (PS1).  There's just too much to love about it.

Worst:
Animorphs (GBC).  Why was it allowed to exist?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 05:06:13 PM
I'm not a Metroid fan, the navigation was a big pain in the butt, I die and die constantly,

Yet you list a Castleroid as best?

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 10:00:30 PM
A wee bit contradictory, one would think... I got lost in DoS for a while (until I decided to check the Dark Chapel and found a hole for the Puppet Master soul to be used for)

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 10:20:03 PM
Hmmmm, tough call.  I guess the best game I've ever played would be my favorite game of all time, which would be Virtual On: Oratonio Tangram, but I'll say the Arcade version of the game over the Dreamcast.  Mind you, I will play the Dreamcast & now XBLA game to death, but I feel that the Arcade version with the seats & twin sticks is easily the best version of the game.  My second favorite would definitely be Mario Kart 64, a game I love like no other, and I game I would define as "perfect" for me.

As for the worst games I've ever played, I'm gonna have to go with the direct sequels to both the games I mentioned above, being Virtual On: MARZ and Mario Kart: Double Dash.  Keep in mind, with Double Dash, I'm sure it was a fun game for a lot of people, but when I played it, I was essentially disgusted with the way it handled, the gimping of the weapons, the unbalanced supers (my character Koopa Troopa was among the WORST of the lot), and the double kart system itself.  Either I gave that game to my niece when I gave her my Gamecube, or I traded it in.  I can't remember which.  Having said that, Virtual On: MARZ is among one of the most [tornado fang]ing insulting games I've ever played, and all it did was show me what I already knew, that the Dreamcast was ahead of it's time.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: April 10, 2010, 10:30:15 PM
Oh okay, first of all... I'm not a Metroid fan, the navigation was a big pain in the butt, I die and die constantly, and most of all, the ending was just the planet exploding and Samus revealing herself (depending on how long the game is played)... all OVERRATED. No offense if you like it, I just don't, even my brother doesn't like it either.

GET OUT

AND NEVER COME BACK

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: April 10, 2010, 10:41:29 PM
Hmmmm, tough call.  I guess the best game I've ever played would be my favorite game of all time, which would be Virtual On: Oratonio Tangram, but I'll say the Arcade version of the game over the Dreamcast.  
That Arcade version was one hell of a game.

Best game I've played.....hm
I have to say I very much enjoyed MVSC 2.
The frantic fighting and air combos were what brought my cousins and I together.
It's actually one of the games all my friends have played and loved. Of course, the Arcade makes the game more fun, watching that big screen as Iron man Blasts Chun-Li in an amazing spectacle that shows the crazy action and over the top finishing moves.

Now, for the worst game I've ever played, that would have to be..Vigilante 8, the whole thing is a mess, unplayable and impossible to manage. I have to say, I really haven't played many terrible games, my cousins always told me what to play, I'm so spoiled.And I meant the Xbox Live version.

Offline Sub Tank

• Neo Arcadian
  • PHOTOBUCKET EXPIRED
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: April 10, 2010, 10:44:08 PM
the ending was just the planet exploding and Samus revealing herself

THAT'S THE PERFECT ENDING TO ANYTHING

I HATE ALL 272 OF YOU

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: April 11, 2010, 01:03:48 AM
the ending was just the planet exploding and Samus revealing herself (depending on how long the game is played)

Thinking about it this way, explosions and tits? Super Metroid is clearly next gen. XD

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: April 11, 2010, 01:14:47 AM
Best: Zelda 3/Triforce of the Gods/whatever

Worst: Shadow the Hedgehog, but even then I don't necessarily hate it.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #20 on: April 11, 2010, 01:40:36 AM
JESUS CHRIST, WHAT HAPPENED TO OPINIONS!?

I have a few good games, let me start off with Izuna 2, while I NEVER played the first one, I can tell it has a neat little sense of humor, and the fact that I like dungeon crawling also gives it a plus, following second is MMZ1, while not as popular as the later games (plus a few other games undermines this one a little), I still enjoyed beating the [parasitic bomb] out of Copy X every now and then, heh.

Third comes in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon for it's Dungeon Crawling, as again, I might be the only person here who likes this type of RPG and collects cards. It's story may not be as silly as Izuna 2, but at least the Lv Up system was rather radically diffrent.. and the dungeons themselves won't kick your sorry ass into the next dimension later on in the game.

Another one of my faves is Star Wars: Battlefront. It maybe Battlefield 2 (Which is a war-based FPS), but it's controls when flying a ship is FAR more forgivable than that MMO. Plus I was kickin' some ass, rest is history.

.. DK64 has a special place, platinum, higher than first place. The humor is the stuff of legends. Then again, I was a wee tyke when I was younger and was a major DK fan. Still am. :/

Games I regretted to play to this day was that monstrosity of Awesome Possum, who's bosses are almost completely unforgiveable.. especially Dr. Machino, who has a suprisingly long hit box.. a nice two inches from his fist.. and his height made it hard to counter his moves because he will try to pull an Airman and get ya from behind.. ARGH!  X(

Next is a little friend I like to call SD Gundam Force for the GBA, god this game was just PLAIN BORIN'. Why did I even bother to buy it is beyond me. Gundam Seed Battle Assult (Which I call Gundam: Battle Assult Advance), was basically G Gundam ported and re-fit to advertise Kira Yamato. Lame.
Another is Gundam: Crossfire. The characters are SO DAMN SLLLOOOWWW while the enemies have a few extra framerates to back them up. Another is Rockman and Forte: Wonderswan. Damn, the difficulty varies too much here compared to it's SNES/GBA counterpart.

Sonic '06 and STH are pretty obvious, I gave up on STH while halfway through each replay, [tornado fang] it, I'm not playing the game 15+ hours so I can complete the Neutral game.  :|

FF7 for it's overraitedness. Sorry, but I do like to play mostly unknown games..  :-[

Plus SW: Galaxies felt very limited.. And yep, those are my best and worst games, after all, these are opinions.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #21 on: April 11, 2010, 08:40:29 PM
These are some of the BEST games I've ever played (in no particular order):

- Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Earth (VC)
- Parasite Eve (PS1)
- Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA)
- Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)
- The World Ends with You (DS)
- Kamui (PC/Doujin)
- Rosenkreuzstilette (PC/Doujin)

Sin and Punishment to me is one of the funnest games that I've played from Treasure. Very fun score-based rail-shooter that's has a bit of a problem with the controls, although I got the hang of the "Movement" style controls just fine. It's about getting hi-scores but this is fun game to play. I wasn't just shoot everything on sight, you get the option to either kill the boss quickly or shoot other things for more points that's something that I liked about the game.

Parasite Eve I find it somewhat better than FF7 in terms of gameplay because it was sorta of an action RPG kind of game unlike Final Fantasy where its all turn-based even though I don't mind turn-based games, but this was a breath of fresh air to me.

Metroid Prime Trilogy is obviously one of the best compilations of games that I've played thus far because not only do you get all three Metroid Prime games for less than $50, but you also get a lot of artworks to unlock, and playing MP1 and 2 with the Wii controls is like playing a totally new game to me.

Zero Mission is just a specular remake of the original NES/Famicom Metroid. They took what they used from Fusion and brought that into bring the old Metroid to new life along with the addition of the new items seen in other Metroid games like the Speed Boost and the Space Jump Boots. Plus they included the NES Metroid and it has a save function to record your password as well.

The World Ends with You to me is one of the best action RPGs I've ever played on the DS. Although the story started out the whole "the main character has amnesia and has little to no memory about himself" kinda bugged me at first because its a cliche` among RPGs, but the story unfolds really well and writing is so well done. It keeps you thinking of what's going to happen, the battle is really fun and you have this freedom of customizing your attacks with your pins.

Rosenkreuzstilette is to me one of the best Mega Man-clones because it was actually fun to play, unlike Megamari where it makes you want to throw the controller at the monitor in frustration. Very good storyline, and it really sticks to the old NES Mega Man gameplay that fans know and love.

Kamui by Siter Skain is very fun shoot 'em up game, it's basically a Raystorm, but it has this feel of a Treasure game like Ikaruga or Radiant Silvergun. I look forward to Alltynex Second from them which is coming in August 2010.

The WORST games that I've played so far... (no particular order)

- Sonic the Hedgehog '06 (360)
- Rise of the Robots (SNES)

Oh where do I begin with Sonic '06. For starters, the characters look like mannequins when they talk. They show no facial expression whatsoever. Most of the English voice I hate; the only ones that I don't hate are Mike Pollock, Lisa Ortiz, and Dan Green as Mephiles even though he still sounds like the Pharaoh/Yami Yu-Gi from Yu-Gi-Oh! as Knuckles. The character controls like crap, Sonic runs so damn so even Tails can outrun him when he flies. The game is just broken to the point where it is not fun at all...

Rise of the Robots is just fuckin' terrible. The character animations are so bad and they handle like [parasitic bomb] that is not playable by any means and graphics are crap.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #22 on: April 11, 2010, 08:47:46 PM
Rosenkreuzstilette is to me one of the best Mega Man-clones because it was actually fun to play, unlike Megamari

Certain Touhou fans will not be happy to hear that.. The only thing I don't like about RKS is the heavy use of a certain object. *runs*  -_-

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: April 11, 2010, 10:41:47 PM
RKS was OK, though some levels were really bland and I made it trough them on my first try...the only chalenge were the boss fights...
I´ve played a lot of games in my life, too many to remember all of them. Nowadays not so much... Some great Games that I´ve played and have fond memories with them:
-Mafia: City of lost heaven (PC) - Love the mafia setting, the characters, the story, the gameplay. Hell this is the only shooter that I´ve played that has a realistic reloading!
-Super Mario bros. (my first VG)
-Rockin´ Cats (NES)- Fun little platformer.
-Chip n Dale: rescue rangers 2 (NES)- My sister and I spent a lot of time with this one, hell we even beat it on 2P mode and we usualy couldn´t work together!
-Duck Tales 2 (NES)- I actually never played DT1 when I was younger and nowadays I still prefer this one over the first part
-Super Mario World (SNES) - great game and I think it´s the best Mario game I´ve played. Yep I´ve played Mario 3 and 64, nope I haven´t played Galaxy
-New Super Mario bros.(DS) - This game is better then I expected it to be. The boss fights are a bit lacking and the saving in this game is a [sonic slicer].
-Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (GBA) - First CV I ever finished....took me 10 years to beat the original (I love you savestates for being helpful with the Death fight)
-The Sims (PC): I rally had fun with this one
-Megaman: Wily Wars (Genesis) - My first try on the MM series

Bad games:
Any Tycoon game and Nicktoon game.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #24 on: April 11, 2010, 11:20:25 PM
But in Roller Coaster Tycoon you can kill people! How is that NOT fun?