The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 391706

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #2025 on: March 31, 2011, 03:29:43 PM
That DLC list was confirmed as a fake by someone on Capcom Unity.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2026 on: April 06, 2011, 06:17:06 AM
Think I started to find my team tonight with some friends. Looks like Dante, Akuma and Tron.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #2027 on: April 06, 2011, 07:08:38 PM
I still need to shop around for a third character. Tron will definitely be my anchor, and Zero could fit either on point or in the middle. If Zero's in the middle, I might go with She Hulk on point. If Zero's on point, I may try people like Taskmaster or Sentinel.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2028 on: April 09, 2011, 05:23:40 AM
So, RPM, anyone up for a fight? Come on, I'll be handicapped (my stick broke so I have to use the 360 pad) :D

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #2029 on: April 09, 2011, 05:41:29 AM
If you were on PS3, sure. But it seems you're on the 360.

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #2030 on: April 09, 2011, 06:11:41 AM
So, RPM, anyone up for a fight? Come on, I'll be handicapped (my stick broke so I have to use the 360 pad) :D

I am up for a few matches.

When was the last time I poked you guys...

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2031 on: April 09, 2011, 06:14:55 AM
Yay

GT:SolarKnightR

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #2032 on: April 09, 2011, 06:37:09 AM
Have mercy since I am not that good.  >w<

Posted on: April 08, 2011, 09:17:41 PM
@first match: So close... If you hadn't brought in X-Factor...
@2nd match: Spidey. :P
3rd: I won, finally.
4th: I was winning, but you came back hard...

5th: I give up, lol

I thought I said have mercy. For some reason, I suck at fighting games.  -u-'

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2033 on: April 09, 2011, 06:39:58 AM
I thought I said have mercy.

I tried =P

Matches 1-3 were experimenting with characters, 4 was my sub team, and 5 as my real team but I chose the wrong assist for Ammy.

GGs, although there was a bit of lag, you could always blame that =P

Offline Akamaru

• RPM's Puppy Mascot
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I love winter time.
    • View Profile
Reply #2034 on: April 10, 2011, 12:58:35 AM
I lag with anyone and everyone. I miss Comcast.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2035 on: April 10, 2011, 01:14:55 AM
More like this game lags with anyone and everyone.

Anyways, I want to try a team based on chip damage. Dormington is DEFINITELY in it already, ball of fire->XFC->another ball of fire after a kill feels WAY too good to not use XD Other than him I was thinking Chris, but I'm not sure, and I don't want Storm in it, even if her hail does tons of chip.

Any suggestions?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2036 on: May 03, 2011, 05:52:12 AM

More Meovel vs. Catcom. This time, additional kitties we'd like to see in the game.

Oh look at Blues Kitty!  Sooooooooooooo adorably sexy! 0v0

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2037 on: May 11, 2011, 07:56:53 AM
I had made a theoretical movelist for X a while back. I read it over again and wanted to make some changes. So I did. Tell me what you think.

::edit 11/7:: went more in depth with a bunch of moves, tweaked a tiny bit, and added two more colors.

[spoiler=MvC3 Mega Man X movelist (ver. UMvC3)]The Simple Stuff:

-X is no slouch up close, but he definitely excels as a zoning character with many various ranged moves.
-X's health and strength are identical to Ryu. One of those rare 1 million health characters nowadays.
-He cannot double jump, but he can air dash forward and backward.
-Walking speed and regular air speed are a tiny bit below average.
-His dashes take a little longer than other characters to accelerate to full speed (a handful of frames. It's noticable but not drastic. All this really means is that his wavedash sucks), but they are fairly quick and travel a generous distance overall. Better than Zero's, but not as good as Hienkyaku of course.
-He preserves his momentum from an air dash for a while after the air dash ends (just like the SNES X physics). This would be his best way to approach.
-When blocking, the blue aura sphere from X3's armor upgrade appears around him. If X is blocking for longer than three realtime seconds, the aura turns red. No change in the damage he takes, it's all cosmetic.
-X's intro mimics his intro from the PlayStation X games. His outro starts out with his outro from X8 (a victorious arm pump), then transitions to his SNES/Playstation outro (raising his arm victoriously to the sky), then warps away.
-His death animation is exploding into many circles.
-Alternate color #1: Proto Man colors (red and gray), complete with black visor. In place of the scarf, his helmet gem is yellow.
 Alternate color #2: X4 Ultimate Armor colors (purple and blue)
 Alternate color #3: Gold Armor
 Alternate color #4: Alia (pink and white)
 Alternate color #5: green chest, blue arms, brown legs (X1 Sigma)
 DLC costume: Command Mission armor

Regular Moves:

standing L --- X jabs forward with his left hand (all attacks assuming X is facing right). Nothing special, just a regular ole 5A.
standing M --- X kicks in an upward arc, much like the Mega Ball kick from MM8. Floats a little on hit, especially so in the air.
standing H --- Double Cyclone; X thrusts both hands to the sides, then releases green orbs from each hand. Unlike the regular move, they don't travel anywhere. Both orbs and X's hands can deal damage. The orbs count as projectiles. All hits cause float.
forward+H --- Strike Chain; X fires a grappling hook forward that retracts once it reaches its maximum length (about 1/3 max screen size, nowhere near as long as Spencer's arm) or hits the opponent or a wall. If it hits the opponent or wall, X is reeled in towards them/it. Cannot be cancelled without X Factor. Only the claw at the end of the chain has a hitbox. Damage is minimal. Combos after are possible but with very strict timing.
backward+H --- Fire Wave; X fires a stream of flames forward. This is functionally identical to Chris' flamethrower. However, it's horizontal hitbox is shorter and vertical hitbox is larger.
S --- Tornado Fang; X produces a drill at the end of his buster and performs an uppercut. It's basically Volnutt's Drill Upper from TvC, but this is X's launcher.
crouching L --- X jabs forward with his left hand just like his 5A, but hits low this time.
crouching M -- X kicks low with his left leg. Run of the mill combo filler and probably X's best poke.
diagonal down/forward M --- Acid Burst; X fires a bubble of acid on the ground in front of him. On contact with the ground, it splashes a little to the left and right. All parts of the projectile hit once each, cause soft knockdown, and hit OTG. Its cooldown is not generous, so comboing after the initial hit can be tricky without assists or X Factor. Comboing after the splash would be easier. This is X's Beta assist, appearing in front of the lead.
crouching H --- X spins 360 degrees around with his right leg out. Causes hard knockdown and hits low.
j.L --- X jabs quickly with his left hand again, but this time diagonally downward. Hits high.
j.M --- X kicks forward with his right foot. Hits high. Probably his best jump in.
j.H --- Drift Diamond; X spins around once while a group of 6 ice clumps circle close around his body in a double helix. Three start in front of X, 3 behind. When positioned correctly, all 6 hits can connect. The ice count as projectiles and are not very durable at all. X's body has no hitbox.
j.forward H --- Strike Chain; same as ground version, but also resets vertical velocity even on whiff. Can only be used once during a jump.
j.S --- X slashes in front of and slightly below him with the Blade Armor's sword. Hits high. At point blank, hits twice. The second hit in that case would knock down in an air combo. Also a good jump in option.
Forward and backward grab --- X judo flips his opponent over his shoulder onto the ground, steps on their stomach, and fires a weak charge shot at their belly. Can be followed up with Acid Burst and maybe select assists.
Air grab --- X tosses his opponent around him down to the ground a good distance away from him and fires 3 uncharged shots at them while falling. Very difficult to follow up.

Special Moves:

hold any button and release --- X Buster; X charges his buster, then fires a blast full screen forward both on the ground and in the air. He can charge his buster to up to four levels. The first three function identically to Zero's in that there's no difference if you use one button or the other. Level 3 charge shots do cause hard knockdown. The fourth level, however, does differ depending on the button released to fire the shot, costs 1 hyper bar to use and is considered a Hyper Cancel:
--- L releases the Hermes Armor spread shot. One blast fires forward, one diagonally upward, one diagonally downward. Each blast by itself is not terribly strong, and they move slowly, but they cover a lot of ground, and do quite a bit altogether at point blank. The downward shot can OTG. Low-medium durability.
--- M releases the pink helix shot from X1. The blast is taller than a lvl3 charge shot and hits multiple times. Only causes a soft knockdown. Medium durability.
--- H releases the Plasma Shot from X4. The size of the blast is identical to a lvl3. The initial hit is about the same strength as a lvl3, but the blast creates a wave of energy when it makes contact, adding a bunch more hits afterwards. If the initial blast is blocked, the shot continues past the opponent and the extra wave is still produced. If the blast hits an opponent's assists, a wave will be created for each. The waves linger on screen for 1 Marvel second (about 3 real time?). High-medium durability.
--- If S is released, X swings the Z Saber overhead downward much like in X3. The length of the saber is slightly shorter than Zero's, but the damage is remarkable. Cooldown is very long. If performed in the air, X cannot do anything until he lands. Hits high and causes a ground bounce.
The level 3 is X's Alpha assist, where X appears behind the lead. X comes in fully charged, but the shot is a bit weaker and only causes a soft knockdown.

quarter circle forward + attack (air OK) --- Ray Arrow; X fires a yellow beam of light forward. Its y position changes with the y position of X's chest, so if X crouches or jumps after performing the move, the Ray Arrow will move up with him. It always hits mid, even if X crouches. The L version is weak but comes out quickly. The M version is stronger, but has a bit more startup. The H version fires two Ray Arrows stacked vertically. 3 paces away from X, the Ray Arrows will change directions; the top shot will shoot straight up and the bottom will travel to the ground. Strength and speed are identical to the M version. All versions have medium durability. The M version is X's Gamma assist, appearing behind the opponent. If called on the ground, the beam will follow the lead character instead of X. If called in the air, the shot will first move to try and match the player's position before it follows their movement.

dragon punch + attack --- Wing Spiral; X performs a Shoryuken-style uppercut and leaps into the air, with trails of wind circling around him. At the end of the attack, the wind rises upward and deals two extra hits. The stronger the button used, the higher the wind rises and the more the opponent floats. Just like a Shoryuken it is invulnerable on the first few frames.

reverse dragon punch + attack --- Crystal Wall; X raises his hands from the ground to above his head, summoning an orange crystal stalagmite out of the ground. The button used determines where it appears. L is right in front of X, M 2 paces ahead of X, and H 5 paces. It stays standing up for 2 Marvel seconds, then falls and crumbles. It will fall earlier if any character (including X) or an attack comes in contact with it. It takes a handful of frames for the stalagmite to appear; X is completely vulnerable during this. It has very high projectile durability, able to nullify EM Distruptor. It does damage on the way up and when it falls. On the way up can OTG. The move is jump cancellable the first frame the Crystal Wall appears.

half circle backward + attack (air OK) --- Speed Burner; X dashes forward a generous distance while enveloped in fire. It hits multiple times, and the amount of hits increase with the strength of the button used. It has no invincibility, but because it's so quick most physical moves will trade with it at best. Can only be cancelled with Hyper Combos. Untechable time is very short, so followups are limited to assists and Hyper Cancels.

half circle backward + S (air OK) --- Nova Strike; X leaps into the air then flies forward while enveloped in a golden aura. The startup is long, but the move hits more, hits harder, travels faster, and has a larger hitbox than Speed Burner. The last hit causes a wall bounce. X has a few frames of invincibility when the aura appears. After this move is activated, X cannot call assists until the aura disappears. When used on the ground, most characters can simply duck under it.

Hyper Combos:

quarter circle forward + two attacks (1 meter) --- Double Charge; X quickly charges both busters. He releases the charge on his right hand, then his left. The first charge shot is bigger than a level 3 charge shot, hits five times, has high-medium projectile durability, and causes crumple on ground hit and spin on air hit. The second charge is even larger, hits 8 times, causes a wall bounce, and is incredibly durable (rivaling that of Dormammu's Stalker Flare). X is fully invincible from activation to when the first charge shot is released. If you hold S during the move, you can cancel the second charge shot and keep it in reserve. You can move around and attack as you want, just with the limitation of not being able to use S or regular charge shots. When you release S, you'll fire the second charge. If you switch partners while holding the second charge, you will lose the charge when X returns to the field. This Hyper Combo will be used in a Cross Over Combination if X is using either Alpha or Gamma assist.

quarter circle back + two attacks (1 meter) (air OK) --- Electric Spark; X crosses his arms in front of him, then spreads his arms out to face each end of the screen, creating two pillars of electricity 1.5 times X's height. One goes forward, the other backward. They travel full screen rather quickly, hit multiple times, and have a kind of trapping effect seen in similar HC's, like Magnetic Shockwave. This HC will be used in a Cross Over Combination if X is using Beta assist.

dragon punch + two attacks (3 meters) --- Shining Finger; X's fist shakes angrily while the gem on his helmet shines brightly. He then dashes forward low to the ground with that fist out in front. This dash is shorter and slower than his regular dashes, but X is upper body invincible during. It can be beaten with a quick low attack. Has a long cooldown on whiff. If the hit connects, the opponent is sent flying backward in a cinematic. X then gets into stance as his hand begins to glow a bright blue. As the opponent staggers to their feet, X leaps forward and grabs his opponent's face with his glowing hand. A beat later, X screams and fires a large Shinkuu Hadoken-type energy blast from his glowing hand. The opponent is blasted into a wall. When the blast ends, they fall from the wall onto their face. If you land the initial hit close to the wall, it is possible to follow up once the move is done with an OTG, but the move causes massive hitstun so you're not going to get much after. You can mash buttons during the cinematic to increase the number of hits.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 09:22:13 AM by Sato »

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2038 on: May 11, 2011, 05:30:38 PM
Sounds good to me.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Ramzal

• B-Class Hunter
  • Don't sweat the technique.
    • View Profile
Reply #2039 on: May 16, 2011, 02:30:31 AM
Okay people. Not to sound arrogant, but because of me you might be seeing an increase in Spider-man users. A sharp increase. I kind of made a combo set that I call "God Slayer" with him and Deadpool (It's consisted of accurate uses of Ultimate Web throw, with spider-sting, Deadpools assist, crawler assault, a normal web throw an web swing and lastly a Maximum Spider.) I only think this because five random people I played asked me how I did that combo and I showed them how online. It's....actually highly unavoidable if you even -start- getting comboed by Spidey. And I call it "God Slayer" because I added up the damage and it's enough to kill Thor twice over if I -don't- loop it. Needless to say, I found out a way to do four Ultimate Web throws back to back in an unescapable way. Needless to say, it's combos that would make any Spidey fan happy. :P

I'm looking at you PB. :D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2040 on: May 16, 2011, 03:02:48 AM
Haha, if we didn't lag kinda bad I'd definitely like to see that in person.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #2041 on: May 16, 2011, 05:09:09 AM
Okay people. Not to sound arrogant, but because of me you might be seeing an increase in Spider-man users. A sharp increase. I kind of made a combo set that I call "God Slayer" with him and Deadpool (It's consisted of accurate uses of Ultimate Web throw, with spider-sting, Deadpools assist, crawler assault, a normal web throw an web swing and lastly a Maximum Spider.) I only think this because five random people I played asked me how I did that combo and I showed them how online. It's....actually highly unavoidable if you even -start- getting comboed by Spidey. And I call it "God Slayer" because I added up the damage and it's enough to kill Thor twice over if I -don't- loop it. Needless to say, I found out a way to do four Ultimate Web throws back to back in an unescapable way. Needless to say, it's combos that would make any Spidey fan happy. :P

I'm looking at you PB. :D

Very very nice! XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2042 on: May 17, 2011, 03:34:09 AM
...I'm confused, how can someone get to 9th ranger with only 8 wins? Even weirder, keep it with 114 losses. No, no it's not the usual glitch, I'm looking at the actual result screen *shrugs*

Also, 2 things
-I hate Chun's Hyakuretsukyaku
-Hsien Ko with armor>Dark Phoenix when she awakens XD

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2044 on: July 20, 2011, 06:56:10 PM
...*headdesk*

Offline Sir Shademan

• A royal
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #2045 on: July 20, 2011, 06:57:40 PM
Now that is a concept I never would have expected from Capcom

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2046 on: July 20, 2011, 06:58:14 PM
Oh yeah Strider, Ghost Rider, Firebrand, Hawkeye and others were confirmed. Most have yet to be revealed though.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #2047 on: July 20, 2011, 07:05:24 PM
So..they scrapped the DLC idea..so they can sell us the whole game again + supposed DLC....
Ok let's make bets now. How many remakes witll MVC recieve?

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #2048 on: July 20, 2011, 07:12:33 PM
I literally just got the original game. Figures.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #2049 on: July 20, 2011, 07:40:29 PM
It's a pretty dumb business decision to make this when the first version isn't even a year old. But hey, it worked for them 20 years ago with all the versions of Street Fighter II, so whatever. And I can see this as trying to make up to those who were disappointed with stuff in the first version, like it was too broken or there's no spectator mode or no Strider. (I'm surprised they managed to get him.) But the way they're doing it isn't exactly helping.

I would've preferred a DLC update to the original, but I'm guessing there's too much new stuff in there for that to be possible. Not just a balance tweak with new characters and moves. We know spectator's in, which probably counts for a lot of that. Perhaps there's also some sort of new game mechanic or something. Mega Crash or some sort of defensive option might be a good idea to have.