The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 391231

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #850 on: September 19, 2010, 12:40:54 AM
Everyone's been getting an equal amount of importance, Spidey's not the only one.

Honestly I think that was just you. Besides, we had plenty of hints already (silhoutte+stage+the fact that the images used for the banners in NYC were only the models of the playable characters with one being Spidey).
Does "everyone" mean "everyone who is decoding hints in the game towards playable characters" to you? Or does it also mean the rest of the human population that isn't following every single piece of material related to this game, and is taking a more chilled approach to all of it? Because showing off this game in places like Comic-Con and making tons of ads is exactly what's MARKETING THE GAME TO PEOPLE OTHER THAN OBCESSED FUCKS LIKE US.

So, showing off Spider-Man would be good for them in a marketing standpoint, which would effectively hype the game to sell it to more customers. Am I getting through to you at all with this?

Alternative: America fucks up Spiderman. Nobody cares anymore. Let's push him back.

Sounds better to you?
Kids don't care about what's going on in the comic world. Most of the audience just likes him as a pop culture icon, and goes to see his movies, and maybe catches his cartoons. The comic has been selling worse and worse. Nobody really knows about it anymore.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #851 on: September 19, 2010, 12:44:41 AM
Ok, let me rephrase that, "everyone actually following the game." Better? Still, like you say, Spidey is like Marvel's Mario, expecting him to not be in MvC3 is like expecting Mario to not be in the next Smash Bros game. And again, yes, Spidey is great help from a marketing standpoint, I already said my opinion on that on a previous post.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #852 on: September 19, 2010, 12:52:19 AM
Sorry, but whoever thought Spider-Man WASN'T going to be in this game is a CHUMP!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #853 on: September 19, 2010, 12:59:31 AM
Sorry, but whoever thought Spider-Man WASN'T going to be in this game is a CHUMP!
MOAR LIKE A CHUMPION, YEAH? 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #854 on: September 19, 2010, 01:04:55 AM
LoL, sure!

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #855 on: September 19, 2010, 01:54:06 AM
Now talking seriously. What could be the good thing of bringing Marvel's biggest icon to the table later, and presenting him alongside many other less-important characters? It just makes no sense at all from a marketing point of view, as well as any other point of view. Why announce him NOW?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #856 on: September 19, 2010, 02:20:28 AM
Now talking seriously. What could be the good thing of bringing Marvel's biggest icon to the table later, and presenting him alongside many other less-important characters? It just makes no sense at all from a marketing point of view, as well as any other point of view. Why announce him NOW?

LoL, seriously? If we're talking seriously, it doesn't [tornado fang]ing matter at all, from a marketing standpoint or any kind of standpoint. It's Marvel vs. Capcom 3! It's a sequel to a somewhat already mediocre fighting game that people absolutely loved, and fans of the series are buying it regardless of when, where, or why they do or don't announce our Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.

Now if you want my opinion as to why they announced it later with many other less-important characters, it's because he's too bad-ass of a character to be put in the beginning vids with all the other scrubs like Cap, Wolvie, Ryu, Chump-Li, and other losers who are no match for the wall-crawler!

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #857 on: September 19, 2010, 02:30:28 AM
ProtoMan Blues, you sure know how to crack me up. XD

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #858 on: September 19, 2010, 02:34:25 AM
It's what I do!  ;)

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #859 on: September 19, 2010, 03:07:39 AM
Yes, but it still makes sense to introduce it to everyone who knows and likes Spider-Man in any way, and who might someday be interested in playing MvsC3. That means that seeing the character in the beginning would make more hype, like it or not. People generally assume that games like these are just made for this small sect of people who already know and will buy the game. No! This game has a chance to sell WAY more than just to people who were going to buy it anyway! Every little kid who's a Spidey fan should have been alerted to the fact that his or her favorite wall-crawler is in this game, which he can ask his mom or dad to buy. They MISSED that chance. And I have no [tornado fang]ing idea why. That's a lazy marketing department. And you're talking to a guy who's worked in advertising.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #860 on: September 19, 2010, 03:38:17 AM
...I'm gonna have to break that one up...

Yes, but it still makes sense to introduce it to everyone who knows and likes Spider-Man in any way, and who might someday be interested in playing MvsC3. That means that seeing the character in the beginning would make more hype, like it or not.

Everyone who's interested in this game is watching every single TGS update, just like they did E3. Everyone who's not probably has a "KG" type friend who will PM, IM, or text the information to them on a daily basis. Spider-Man is Marvel's icon, but he ultimately has nothing to do with the sales of this game. People are not buying Marvel vs. Capcom 3 simply for one character.

People generally assume that games like these are just made for this small sect of people who already know and will buy the game. No! This game has a chance to sell WAY more than just to people who were going to buy it anyway!

LOL. Oh man, that's rich! These games are not just made for the small sect of people who already know about it, but they're buying it whether or not Spider-Man is or is not #1. announced at the beginning, middle, end, or during 2nd breakfast or #2. whether or not Spider-Man is in the game PERIOD! Spider-Man's announcement has nothing to do with the other people buying it or not, and even if he did, it's so small a percentage that it still doesn't matter.

Every little kid who's a Spidey fan should have been alerted to the fact that his or her favorite wall-crawler is in this game, which he can ask his mom or dad to buy. They MISSED that chance. And I have no [tornado fang]ing idea why. That's a lazy marketing department. And you're talking to a guy who's worked in advertising.

...Seriously? LoL, every little kid who's a Spidey fan most likely has the [tornado fang]ing internet and most likely check the same exact websites we do. If not, they find out their game information via magazines like Nintendo Power, Game Informer, or Hustler.  I mean, where exactly do you think they could market this so that little Timmy or Jenny can say, "HEY MOMMY, SPIDER-MAAAAAAAAAAAN! BUY ME IT!" and thus Web themselves a profit?

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #861 on: September 19, 2010, 03:42:37 AM
...I'm gonna have to break that one up...

Everyone who's interested in this game is watching every single TGS update, just like they did E3. Everyone who's not probably has a "KG" type friend who will PM, IM, or text the information to them on a daily basis.

LOL. Oh man, that's rich! These games are not just made for the small sect of people who already know about it, but they're buying it whether or not Spider-Man is or is not #1. announced at the beginning, middle, end, or during 2nd breakfast or #2. whether or not Spider-Man is in the game PERIOD! Spider-Man's announcement has nothing to do with the other people buying it or not, and even if he did, it's so small a percentage that it still doesn't matter.

...Seriously? LoL, every little kid who's a Spidey fan most likely has the [tornado fang]ing internet and most likely check the same exact websites we do. If not, they find out their game information via magazines like Nintendo Power, Game Informer, or Hustler.  I mean, where exactly do you think they could market this so that little Timmy or Jenny can say, "HEY MOMMY, SPIDER-MAAAAAAAAAAAN! BUY ME IT!" and thus Web themselves a profit?
Nnnnnnno.

- I know a ton of people interested in the game who doesn't have the patience to watch or be told any kind of updates, and just worries about watching a trailer or two when they catch them and buying the game at the end.
- Yes, Spider-Man has to do with other people buying it as well. It's called marketability. You show off a popular character, and you automatically reach a bigger audience than your regular one.
- No, they don't "all have the internet and check the same websites as we do", or we'd be infested with every single rugrat who's a Spidey fan. There are lots more of those than there are people who can use a PC.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #862 on: September 19, 2010, 04:01:29 AM
Nnnnnnno.

- I know a ton of people interested in the game who doesn't have the patience to watch or be told any kind of updates, and just worries about watching a trailer or two when they catch them and buying the game at the end.
- Yes, Spider-Man has to do with other people buying it as well. It's called marketability. You show off a popular character, and you automatically reach a bigger audience than your regular one.
- No, they don't "all have the internet and check the same websites as we do", or we'd be infested with every single rugrat who's a Spidey fan. There are lots more of those than there are people who can use a PC.

Yessssssss

-Then those ton of people are going to see the same thing we all are; trailers that will continue to come out as the game comes close to being released, therefore making where said updates like this come out pointless.

-Bullshit. This isn't a singular Spider-Man game, therefore one single character isn't going to make enough of a difference in sales, especially when those same people realize that the game ISN'T a singular Spider-Man game, and is in fact a Marvel vs. Capcom collab fighting game. Not to mention the fact that Marvel will most likely put ads for the game in ALL their comics as the game comes closer to being released, ONCE. AGAIN. making this update pointless in terms of marketing to try and reach this bigger audience you keep bringing up.

-Read what I type. I said, if they don't have the internet (which is highly unlikely in this day and age), they get updated via magazines in the game stores just like we use to when didn't have the internet. Also, if they don't have the internet, then guess what? They're not seeing ANY kind of update for this game anyway, whether it's a trailer or a TGS update, or really ANY kind of update that requires the internet. And you didn't answer my most excellent question. Where are they marketing this to your friendly, neighborhood Spider-fans that is going to net them a bigger profit?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #863 on: September 19, 2010, 07:52:45 AM
Actually I think the majority of comic readers hate Daken now.

I've always liked X-23 though. Nice shout out to the somewhat underrated X-Men: Evolution show.
Late reply is VERY late,
But I loved X-Men Evolution. Really good show it was. I was pretty sad to see it go. I never got to see the end of the Apocalypse arc when it was running.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #864 on: September 19, 2010, 12:44:14 PM
Yessssssss

-Then those ton of people are going to see the same thing we all are; trailers that will continue to come out as the game comes close to being released, therefore making where said updates like this come out pointless.

-Bullshit. This isn't a singular Spider-Man game, therefore one single character isn't going to make enough of a difference in sales, especially when those same people realize that the game ISN'T a singular Spider-Man game, and is in fact a Marvel vs. Capcom collab fighting game. Not to mention the fact that Marvel will most likely put ads for the game in ALL their comics as the game comes closer to being released, ONCE. AGAIN. making this update pointless in terms of marketing to try and reach this bigger audience you keep bringing up.

-Read what I type. I said, if they don't have the internet (which is highly unlikely in this day and age), they get updated via magazines in the game stores just like we use to when didn't have the internet. Also, if they don't have the internet, then guess what? They're not seeing ANY kind of update for this game anyway, whether it's a trailer or a TGS update, or really ANY kind of update that requires the internet. And you didn't answer my most excellent question. Where are they marketing this to your friendly, neighborhood Spider-fans that is going to net them a bigger profit?
(sigh)

...like it or not, my opinion makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Bringing out Spidey with a bang would sell more copies, because showing off your biggest character means more kids would like the game. Kids don't give a [parasitic bomb] if it's a singular character in a game. Spidey's in it, so they buy it. And you seriously think comic ads reach a big crowd? Hahahahaha. And you're acting as if kids get updated in every way they can. And that might be common in some places, but you'd be surprised how slim the net use is on many countries.

Question? They AREN'T. That's why I'm saying it's lazy marketing. When you have a big character, either reveal it already or show it off with a bang. This wasn't the case.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #865 on: September 19, 2010, 07:56:48 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man, wait till I get to a computer, cause I am not typing out my response to this on my iPod. XD

Posted on: September 19, 2010, 10:14:04 AM
Okay, at work and at a computer. Now where was I...

(sigh)

...like it or not, my opinion makes sense from a marketing standpoint. Bringing out Spidey with a bang would sell more copies, because showing off your biggest character means more kids would like the game. Kids don't give a [parasitic bomb] if it's a singular character in a game. Spidey's in it, so they buy it. And you seriously think comic ads reach a big crowd? Hahahahaha. And you're acting as if kids get updated in every way they can. And that might be common in some places, but you'd be surprised how slim the net use is on many countries.

Question? They AREN'T. That's why I'm saying it's lazy marketing. When you have a big character, either reveal it already or show it off with a bang. This wasn't the case.

And again, bullshit. Who's seeing this bang of an announcement, besides the people who are constantly being updated on the net like this? Also, WHERE are they seeing this bang of an announcement? If your answer is the internet, you've just went on to show that kids don't always have access to the internet, or get updated as much as we do. So guess what? THEY. DON'T. MAT-TER. BECAUSE ANY BIG BANG ATTACK ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THIS GAME IS GOING TO COME ON THE INTERNET, THE VERY SAME INTERNET YOU CLAIM THIS OTHER MARKET DOESN'T HAVE. They will eventually find out that Spider-Man is in the game anyway, whether be it word of mouth, magazine, or perhaps a mention on X-Play. But I really have no idea where you think Capcom could market this game or announce it with a bang that the kids you seemingly want this marketed to are going to see it.

LoL, and no I don't think comic ads reach a big crowd. But you're saying the crowd that Capcom should also be trying marketing to, other than the people who are constantly getting updated the same way we are, don't get updated like us or have access to the internet. So I was bringing up a possible example of where else this "audience" of yours is possibly going to find out that Spider-Man is in the game in the first place.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #866 on: September 19, 2010, 09:57:54 PM
So the Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread turned into a big annoying arguement.

-AC

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #867 on: September 19, 2010, 10:16:09 PM
AHAHAHAHAHA. Oh man, wait till I get to a computer, cause I am not typing out my response to this on my iPod. XD

Posted on: September 19, 2010, 10:14:04 AM
Okay, at work and at a computer. Now where was I...

And again, bullshit. Who's seeing this bang of an announcement, besides the people who are constantly being updated on the net like this? Also, WHERE are they seeing this bang of an announcement? If your answer is the internet, you've just went on to show that kids don't always have access to the internet, or get updated as much as we do. So guess what? THEY. DON'T. MAT-TER. BECAUSE ANY BIG BANG ATTACK ANNOUNCEMENT FOR THIS GAME IS GOING TO COME ON THE INTERNET, THE VERY SAME INTERNET YOU CLAIM THIS OTHER MARKET DOESN'T HAVE. They will eventually find out that Spider-Man is in the game anyway, whether be it word of mouth, magazine, or perhaps a mention on X-Play. But I really have no idea where you think Capcom could market this game or announce it with a bang that the kids you seemingly want this marketed to are going to see it.

LoL, and no I don't think comic ads reach a big crowd. But you're saying the crowd that Capcom should also be trying marketing to, other than the people who are constantly getting updated the same way we are, don't get updated like us or have access to the internet. So I was bringing up a possible example of where else this "audience" of yours is possibly going to find out that Spider-Man is in the game in the first place.
The MvsC3 announcement reached far more places than the net, boyo. There were ads all over the place. And places like game stores and malls everywhere usually run the latest game trailers in their screens. I guarantee you that showing Spidey there back when the game first came up would have done wonders for its marketing.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #868 on: September 19, 2010, 11:10:33 PM
The MvsC3 announcement reached far more places than the net, boyo. There were ads all over the place. And places like game stores and malls everywhere usually run the latest game trailers in their screens. I guarantee you that showing Spidey there back when the game first came up would have done wonders for its marketing.

Ads all over the place? Really? I live in what can easily be considered one of the top 3 most advertisement heavy cities in the world, and I have seen no ads on buses, bus stops, trains, walls, posters, or anything as of yet. As for game store advertisements, once again, kids will eventually see the eventual trailers anyway, as the ones they have shown are most likely not sure to be the last. And since the kids who see these ads are easily distracted children, ESPECIALLY in a game store surrounded by games, magazines, toys, gaming stations, etc., it will make so little a difference at this point in time where it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. More trailers and ads will obviously be coming out when the game gets closer to release. More posters and such will be released more on what I mentioned above, and more importantly, on the windows of game stores, which if you cut out the internet, is the most likely place where they will see their beloved wall crawling hero, and THEN bug mommy & daddy to buy the game for them.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #869 on: September 19, 2010, 11:34:09 PM
So the Marvel vs Capcom 3 thread turned into a big annoying arguement.

-AC

You'll also notice the big argument is started by the same person as the other ones.

Fan-[tornado fang]ing-tastic.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #870 on: September 20, 2010, 02:32:02 AM
Let's make arguments about Wesker now. 8D

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #871 on: September 20, 2010, 04:26:59 AM
Aye.

Or how about we talk about how much we want Arthur of Ghost n Ghouls to be in this :D

Offline The Blind Archer

• Self-proclaimed jack-of-all-trades of art in training
  • Robot Master
  • I use localised names
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem New Dawn
Reply #872 on: September 20, 2010, 04:52:58 AM
Or how about we talk about how much we want Arthur of Ghost n Ghouls to be in this :D

No objections here.  I think it's about time Arthur got some time in the spotlight.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #873 on: September 20, 2010, 05:08:02 AM
He was gonna be in TvC if iirc.  If so, then he better be in.  I'd love to see Arthur combo awesomely w/ that Thunder armor of his~

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #874 on: September 20, 2010, 05:09:12 AM
He was gonna be in TvC if iirc.  If so, then he better be in.  I'd love to see Arthur combo awesomely w/ that Thunder armor of his~

Stop your lies. You wanna see him armor-less more than you want to see him wearing armor!