The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Topic (ITS MAHVEL 3 BAYBEE)

Solar · 394328

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #825 on: September 18, 2010, 02:14:57 PM
Yep, Kudos speaks the truth:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys3whNhaneg[/youtube]

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #826 on: September 18, 2010, 03:42:27 PM
So... Spidey's finally been revealed.

Just... why NOW? Why not in the beginning, or in an announcement with more pomp? Spidey is Marvel's biggest hero, why did they announce him casually like this? Doesn't make any sense from any kind of business or hype standpoint.

Oh well, at least he's in.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #827 on: September 18, 2010, 04:12:13 PM
And just for the hell of it:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCrfzJaIpws[/youtube]

Unrelated to the video, I wonder if they're going to have another RE character in there.

Offline TheOnly

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #828 on: September 18, 2010, 04:38:12 PM
............I wonder if they saving the MM character(s) for last. -.-"

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #829 on: September 18, 2010, 05:19:45 PM
So... Spidey's finally been revealed.

Just... why NOW? Why not in the beginning, or in an announcement with more pomp? Spidey is Marvel's biggest hero, why did they announce him casually like this? Doesn't make any sense from any kind of business or hype standpoint.

Oh well, at least he's in.

He may be ONE of Marvel's biggest heroes, but for the most part, the likes of Wolverine and Iron Man are more in the public eye now (thanks to more recent films). That likely will still continue for some of Marvel's other brands, if Thor and a Captain America feature are still slated to appear some time soon next year.

I'm sure more hoopla for Spider-man (as well as possibly any body he may be bringing with him, like [Anti-]Venom or w/e) will definitely be made at NYCC. 

Any way, my main issue so far? The "Simple" Control scheme. So...we went through all these changes to the control scheme to what it is currently, as an effort to "streamline" the interface for casual gamers...only to then offer an even MORE Simplified control scheme for casual gamers?! Dammit, Capcom! Why didn't you just have this "Simple" control scheme as an alternative from the jump, and allowed those of us who wanted some thing more traditional to have that any way?  -u-'

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #830 on: September 18, 2010, 05:38:28 PM
He may be ONE of Marvel's biggest heroes, but for the most part, the likes of Wolverine and Iron Man are more in the public eye now (thanks to more recent films). That likely will still continue for some of Marvel's other brands, if Thor and a Captain America feature are still slated to appear some time soon next year.

I'm sure more hoopla for Spider-man (as well as possibly any body he may be bringing with him, like [Anti-]Venom or w/e) will definitely be made at NYCC. 

Any way, my main issue so far? The "Simple" Control scheme. So...we went through all these changes to the control scheme to what it is currently, as an effort to "streamline" the interface for casual gamers...only to then offer an even MORE Simplified control scheme for casual gamers?! Dammit, Capcom! Why didn't you just have this "Simple" control scheme as an alternative from the jump, and allowed those of us who wanted some thing more traditional to have that any way?  -u-'

Simply because of recent films, it doesn't mean he's less popular. His toys and merchandise continue to be best-sellers, he's got a new animated series coming out, fresh off the cancellation of his old one, and he has several comics coming out every single week. He's being more whored out than Wolverine, Iron Man or Deadpool. Even with the recent low sales due to the OMD bullshit, the series continues going strong and appealing to people of all ages, and he still is Marvel's most appealing and timeless character. It makes absolutely no sense to announce him like this.

And arcade needs to evolve for all people to play, as I told you a thousand times. The simplified control scheme is just THERE. You don't need to like it, and you certainly don't need to play with people using it. Just pretend that it doesn't exist.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #831 on: September 18, 2010, 05:49:31 PM
he's got a new animated series coming out, fresh off the cancellation of his old one,

He does?

And honestly, I don't really see Spiderman rising hype for anyone. Whatever his reveal would've been most people would just be "oh they finally showed Spiderman" instead of "[tornado fang] YEAH SPIDERMAN!"

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #832 on: September 18, 2010, 06:55:43 PM
He does?

And honestly, I don't really see Spiderman rising hype for anyone. Whatever his reveal would've been most people would just be "oh they finally showed Spiderman" instead of "[tornado fang] YEAH SPIDERMAN!"
He's Marvel's big character. Like Mario for Nintendo or Snake for Konami. It's what basically puts them on the map most predominantly. Of course he raises hype.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #833 on: September 18, 2010, 07:29:51 PM
Well, it was more believed he wouldn't be in due to contractual dealings with Activision and the Spiderman line of games.

Of course, people who believed this are idiots.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #834 on: September 18, 2010, 07:35:24 PM
Simply because of recent films, it doesn't mean he's less popular. His toys and merchandise continue to be best-sellers, he's got a new animated series coming out, fresh off the cancellation of his old one, and he has several comics coming out every single week. He's being more whored out than Wolverine, Iron Man or Deadpool. Even with the recent low sales due to the OMD bullshit, the series continues going strong and appealing to people of all ages, and he still is Marvel's most appealing and timeless character. It makes absolutely no sense to announce him like this.

An announcement is an announcement. After all, Japan loves Spider-man too, as he's probably one of the first Marvel personalities they got to know. (Tokusatsu adaptation decay/WTF not withstanding! 8D).

And arcade needs to evolve for all people to play, as I told you a thousand times. The simplified control scheme is just THERE. You don't need to like it, and you certainly don't need to play with people using it. Just pretend that it doesn't exist.

You misunderstand. I'm not fighting the "Simple" control scheme, by virtue of it being there. In this way, it's nothing more than the "Easy Auto" that existed in numerous fighting games before. Hell, even the likes of Bayonetta and old school DMC had that kind of things in place to make things easier for first-timers. That much is fine.

No, what I have a bone to pick with, is how the DEFAULT control scheme was already "streamlined" as it is, compared to previous Marvel games. As it stands right now, the game's default configuration is Light, Medium, Heavy, "Exchange" and the two Partner Buttons. Quite different from MvC2's control scheme, and definitely the source of much annoyance amongst seasoned players who, more than the aspect of it being "changed", don't like how the new control scheme will take options away. But whatever, some of us expected/accepted such, because Niitsuma was on board this time. And it seemed that they wanted to try and make a control scheme that would be more "welcoming" to possible new players. Whatever, we were stuck with it.

But now, lo and behold, we now have confirmation of a "Simple" control scheme which pretty much renders all of that pointless! For those people who are going to pick up the game to play through the story mode, get any trophy/achievement data that was to be had and etc., this mode is clearly for them. Meanwhile, those of us who were most hoping for a MvC3 over this last decade have again been short-straw'd, and apparently, for no good reason at all.

So, again, I ask: What was the purpose of changing the default control scheme, if they were planning this Simple mode, any way? Capcom and Niitsuma would have avoided so much in the way of backlash, if they had just put in the Simple mode as an option, and left the MvC2 control scheme verbatim in MvC3.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #835 on: September 18, 2010, 07:44:03 PM
An announcement is an announcement. After all, Japan loves Spider-man too, as he's probably one of the first Marvel personalities they got to know. (Tokusatsu adaptation decay/WTF not withstanding! 8D).

You misunderstand. I'm not fighting the "Simple" control scheme, by virtue of it being there. In this way, it's nothing more than the "Easy Auto" that existed in numerous fighting games before. Hell, even the likes of Bayonetta and old school DMC had that kind of things in place to make things easier for first-timers. That much is fine.

No, what I have a bone to pick with, is how the DEFAULT control scheme was already "streamlined" as it is, compared to previous Marvel games. As it stands right now, the game's default configuration is Light, Medium, Heavy, "Exchange" and the two Partner Buttons. Quite different from MvC2's control scheme, and definitely the source of much annoyance amongst seasoned players who, more than the aspect of it being "changed", don't like how the new control scheme will take options away. But whatever, some of us expected/accepted such, because Niitsuma was on board this time. And it seemed that they wanted to try and make a control scheme that would be more "welcoming" to possible new players. Whatever, we were stuck with it.

But now, lo and behold, we now have confirmation of a "Simple" control scheme which pretty much renders all of that pointless! For those people who are going to pick up the game to play through the story mode, get any trophy/achievement data that was to be had and etc., this mode is clearly for them. Meanwhile, those of us who were most hoping for a MvC3 over this last decade have again been short-straw'd, and apparently, for no good reason at all.

So, again, I ask: What was the purpose of changing the default control scheme, if they were planning this Simple mode, any way? Capcom and Niitsuma would have avoided so much in the way of backlash, if they had just put in the Simple mode as an option, and left the MvC2 control scheme verbatim in MvC3.
Because they've already said that the "simple" control scheme is merely a tool to evolve players to the normal one instead of being an alternate scheme to get comfortable with, seeing as they don't even know if they want to put all the specials available to players using that scheme. They want the full gameplay to stay at least somehow simpler than it used to be, for everyone to get used to.

Offline Ninja Lou

• Samurai/Ninja of RPM
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Ninjas........Damn
    • View Profile
Reply #836 on: September 18, 2010, 07:56:48 PM
I thought S-kill had said somewhere that the exchange button nothing more then a button from the previous game with an added feature. Let me go see if I can find it.

Found it.

Seth: MvC3's controls are still in development, but it currently has 4 attack buttons, and two assist buttons. If you want the take-away, you can stop reading now because that's the bottom line.

The excitement has all come from the way those buttons are labeled — specifically because one of the attack buttons has a new name. [Editor's note: Right now it's called the Exchange button.] Why does it get its own name? Because:

A) Coming up with exciting new names for stuff is what marketing departments do (was "Aerial Rave" a reason to worry about what we used to just call "air combos"?).

B) It does some fun new stuff in some circumstances, but in many ways that stuff is not different than command normals in Marvel vs. Capcom 2. It does stuff like launching (also a normal move in MvC2), causing OTG-able flying screen (normal in MvC2), and some other interesting effects (not as much like MvC2, but a pretty natural evolution).

I understand people's concerns and that even the hint of a change can cause people to go to red alert and divert all power to forward deflector shields. We know MvC2 is serious business, and a very special game. Part of the reason we know that is because we made it, and there are key people from MvC2 on MvC3. We've worked for years to make this game a reality, and so we take it very seriously. The objective is not to "dumb down" a thing, but there are ways to go new places without also giving new players the finger. We have high hopes — you should too. It's easy to get worked up and complain in the absence of a lot of hard info, and there will be plenty of time for that, but I hope we can agree that stuff should come after people have actually played the game and seen it in action.

This post has been approved by Marle!

Offline HokutoNoBen

• RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #837 on: September 18, 2010, 08:41:32 PM
Because they've already said that the "simple" control scheme is merely a tool to evolve players to the normal one instead of being an alternate scheme to get comfortable with, seeing as they don't even know if they want to put all the specials available to players using that scheme. They want the full gameplay to stay at least somehow simpler than it used to be, for everyone to get used to.

It's still a fairly useless exercise though. It doesn't matter how much in the way of "allowances" a developer may make, it still is up to the player themselves to decide if they want to take that step. Time and time again, the "training wheels" approach has proven that it does little to actually make more believers in the genre. What does? Things like the VF4 line's in-depth training/kumite mode, which does more to actually break things down so that even the most novice of players can understand a number of the game's basic and advanced mechanics.

All MvC3's simple scheme is going to accomplish is likely going to be the same thing that the Wii-mote control config did for TvC. It's not going to enforce a "training" mechanism of any sort, and it's more likely to be something that can be exploited in the right hands.

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #838 on: September 18, 2010, 08:55:47 PM
It's still a fairly useless exercise though. It doesn't matter how much in the way of "allowances" a developer may make, it still is up to the player themselves to decide if they want to take that step. Time and time again, the "training wheels" approach has proven that it does little to actually make more believers in the genre. What does? Things like the VF4 line's in-depth training/kumite mode, which does more to actually break things down so that even the most novice of players can understand a number of the game's basic and advanced mechanics.

All MvC3's simple scheme is going to accomplish is likely going to be the same thing that the Wii-mote control config did for TvC. It's not going to enforce a "training" mechanism of any sort, and it's more likely to be something that can be exploited in the right hands.
Time, and acceptance will tell.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #839 on: September 18, 2010, 08:57:27 PM
They just announced Spider Man because Activision didnt want MVC3 to steal Shattered Dimensions "thunder" SD got released about 2 weeks ago so, heres Spider Man!

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #840 on: September 18, 2010, 09:14:44 PM
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCrfzJaIpws[/youtube]

.......is that NPH I hear?  8D

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #841 on: September 18, 2010, 09:22:25 PM
.......is that NPH I hear?  8D
Doesn't seem like him to me, but I might be wrong.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #842 on: September 18, 2010, 09:36:26 PM
It's hard to hear over the background noise. It's probably isn't, but I can NPHope!

Needless to say, I like the updated version of his theme that us silly round-eyes won't be getting.

Posted on: September 18, 2010, 02:23:58 PM
Also, his more arrogant yelling of WEB SWING makes PB more arrogantly happy!  8)

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #843 on: September 18, 2010, 10:46:35 PM
Spider Man's voice is so powerful and dramatic.  8)

JUST TAKE MY MONEY ALREADY, CAPCOM

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #844 on: September 18, 2010, 11:32:02 PM
Still waiting for Hercules or something Cosmic. Come oooooon, Marvel. Star-Lord would be PERFECT.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #845 on: September 19, 2010, 12:20:30 AM
He's Marvel's big character. Like Mario for Nintendo or Snake for Konami. It's what basically puts them on the map most predominantly.

Exactly, which is why I say it really doesn't raise hype. Everyone was expecting him from the beginning. Deadpool makes more hype for example since he is both new and a fan favorite, Spiderman, while a fan favorite too, was completely expected and surprises aboslutely no one. He may be more necessary to appeal to the mainstream people, true, but those are not the kind of people that would be following character announcements anyways so the when and how he is revealed would make no difference to them.

At least that's the way I see it, feel free to disagree if you want.

Also, like Ben, I hate the Simple controls, not because of the simplification, but because they bring so many bad memories of HADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKI
HADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKI GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I wish I could've punched those Zero spammers accross the internet >__<

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #846 on: September 19, 2010, 12:23:16 AM
E3 is the world's bigget videogame con
TGS is Japan's biggest videogame con (and a boatload more important to Japan)

If Spidey wasn't done during E3, they chose the next biggest thing to announce him: TGS

That is "why now?"

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #847 on: September 19, 2010, 12:26:06 AM
Exactly, which is why I say it really doesn't raise hype. Everyone was expecting him from the beginning. Deadpool makes more hype for example since he is both new and a fan favorite, Spiderman, while a fan favorite too, was completely expected and surprises aboslutely no one. He may be more necessary to appeal to the mainstream people, true, but those are not the kind of people that would be following character announcements anyways so the when and how he is revealed would make no difference to them.

At least that's the way I see it, feel free to disagree if you want.

Also, like Ben, I hate the Simple controls, not because of the simplification, but because they bring so many bad memories of HADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKI
HADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKI GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH I wish I could've punched those Zero spammers accross the internet >__<
Not everyone was expecting him from the beginning. Big leagues normally appear sooner. They should have showed him in the first trailer, that would have made a bigger impact.

E3 is the world's bigget videogame con
TGS is Japan's biggest videogame con (and a boatload more important to Japan)

If Spidey wasn't done during E3, they chose the next biggest thing to announce him: TGS

That is "why now?"
Note that he had as much importance as Wesker or X-23. That's certainly not the amount of importance one should give to an icon like that.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #848 on: September 19, 2010, 12:30:01 AM
Everyone's been getting an equal amount of importance, Spidey's not the only one.

Not everyone was expecting him from the beginning.

Honestly I think that was just you. Besides, we had plenty of hints already (silhoutte+stage+the fact that the images used for the banners in NYC were only the models of the playable characters with one being Spidey).

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #849 on: September 19, 2010, 12:35:38 AM
Note that he had as much importance as Wesker or X-23. That's certainly not the amount of importance one should give to an icon like that.

Alternative: America fucks up Spiderman. Nobody cares anymore. Let's push him back.

Sounds better to you?