Nintendo Power announces Mega Man 10

Jazz Shaking · 94668

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #175 on: December 10, 2009, 03:28:42 AM
They are milking you poor sap's nostalgia, thats what.

I'm OK with that.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: December 10, 2009, 03:29:50 AM
I'm OK with that.

As am I.  Like I said when MM9 came out, they can keep going with these 8-Bit Games, and I'll keeping buying them.  The only reason I stopped buying NES games is because they stopped making them!

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: December 10, 2009, 03:30:24 AM
Exactly my point.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: December 10, 2009, 03:32:37 AM
The X series is different.  Sure, I'd love a 16 Bit X game, but my preference is still for them to make a new high end high def X game with graphics that put most newer games to brown shame!

But with Classic, give me my 8-Bit NES Chiptuned Sex Heaven all the time.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: December 10, 2009, 03:33:14 AM
The X series is different.  Sure, I'd love a 16 Bit X game, but my preference is still for them to make a new high end high def X game with graphics that put most newer games to brown shame!

This.

Offline KudosForce

• The wild card
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Will our future be good? Only the cards will tell.
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: December 10, 2009, 03:35:43 AM
The X series is different.  Sure, I'd love a 16 Bit X game, but my preference is still for them to make a new high end high def X game with graphics that put most newer games to brown shame!

But with Classic, give me my 8-Bit NES Chiptuned Sex Heaven all the time.

Considering all the 8-bit MM fangame projects flying around, I agree with you 100% on this. owob

Also, CentaurDuckie's Sheep Man drawing is a work of pure art.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #181 on: December 10, 2009, 03:36:29 AM
Call me Rad, and thank you. :V

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #182 on: December 10, 2009, 03:37:43 AM
I think they just learned that the others didn't work out as well as the old 8-bit games, so they've gone back to that, it worked, why not do it again until they can't anymore and close the gap.
Personally I think 8 worked out a hell of a lot better than 9.  But 9 was good, and 10 has ProtoMan without having to pay extra, so I'm damn well giving it a shot.

And who am I kidding, I'll buy any non-BN/SF MegaMan at this point.  Hell, I just downloaded Rush Marine (that's the Action/Adventure department for you Verizon users out there) so that I could cramp my thumbs playing on my craptacular 176x220 screen.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #183 on: December 10, 2009, 03:37:48 AM
You already are very bitter.
I can grumble some too if you want...
I think it's more of a case of Inti being lazy.
Who is it that tells Inti what they want to see in the next Megaman game? Who is it who specifically had Inti make an 8 bit 9?
They are milking you poor sap's nostalgia, thats what.
which is what worries me.
because SNES X9, wont be as cute now that we have 2 retro titles. It might be fun, oh yes, it could be great, but it would be a very bad Idea storywise. (And spritewise. Seriously, Zero and that X3 armor...) SNES cant handle the X series anymore.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: December 10, 2009, 03:39:35 AM
SNES cant handle the X series anymore.
In my OPINION, it never could.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #185 on: December 10, 2009, 03:40:11 AM
... sprites have bearings on the game's story now?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: December 10, 2009, 03:40:22 AM
Oh man, imagine if MM10 has Broken MM3 Rush Jet...

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: December 10, 2009, 03:41:24 AM

Then people would [sonic slicer] about it breaking the game and how MM10 sucks because it's newer. Mind you some of these folks probably adored MM3 when it came out years ago. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: December 10, 2009, 03:42:12 AM
the sprite style. You will never see an SNES X1 with X8's cutscenes. Or with long dialogues between bosses and characters and such. The sprite style affects more than just the general look. It affects how the story can be told.
If theres one thing that Capcom has stuck to with the retro style, is its limitations.
As far back as X1, Zero was inaccurately sprited. And I think MHX proves your point as well...

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #189 on: December 10, 2009, 03:42:17 AM
Dammit, PB, stop filling our heads with pure win that is far too orgasmically good to be true.

It could.  In X1.  Then they redesigned Zero.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: December 10, 2009, 03:42:38 AM
I can grumble some too if you want...Who is it that tells Inti what they want to see in the next Megaman game? Who is it who specifically had Inti make an 8 bit 9?which is what worries me.
because SNES X9, wont be as cute now that we have 2 retro titles. It might be fun, oh yes, it could be great, but it would be a very bad Idea storywise. (And spritewise. Seriously, Zero and that X3 armor...) SNES cant handle the X series anymore.

We had this discussion already and it lead noweher. And no matter how many times we bring it up NOTHING will ever change because it is ENTIRELY SUB-JEC-TIVE.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: December 10, 2009, 03:42:51 AM
Well if one of the characters say "You have a scarf" and the character they are talking to does not have a scarf, thats a problem

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: December 10, 2009, 03:43:53 AM
the sprite style. You will never see an SNES X1 with X8's cutscenes. or its long dialogues and such. The sprite style affects more than just the general look. It affects how the story can be told.

Nonsense.  Anything can be done in these here gameys.  Just imagine it like Chrono Trigger DS.  They has the SNES style game and put in the PS1 Anime Cutscenes. Why couldn't they do that with an SNES style X game?

Offline Rock Miyabi

• THE ORIGINAL Jammin' Ninja
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
    • Miyabi on dA
Reply #193 on: December 10, 2009, 03:44:25 AM
Me in fantasy Monsteropolis-land -> Wouldn't it be awesome if Ariga's Gigamix art contest was really Inafune's sneaky way of holding a Robot Master contest without anyone realizing it? And one of us actually did get one of our creations in this game?! And it will be announced during the worldwide birthday extravaganza?!

Me back to reality -> This is baaaaaaaaaaadass.  8D Forget the MM9 Press Kit, now that image is something worth paying $200 for in retro cardboard box form. 

Previously was K.G. Inafunbags, Captain Heady, Damon Gant, and the guy who liked the blue bomber solely for the reason that he was blue.

Offline Rad Lionheart

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Reply #194 on: December 10, 2009, 03:45:03 AM
Why do we always get shot back to the same discussion of X9 and 16-bit and/or 32-bit?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: December 10, 2009, 03:46:05 AM
Me in fantasy Monsteropolis-land -> Wouldn't it be awesome if Ariga's Gigamix art contest was really Inafune's sneaky way of holding a Robot Master contest without anyone realizing it? And one of us actually did get one of our creations in this game?! And it will be announced during the worldwide birthday extravaganza?!

Me back to reality -> This is baaaaaaaaaaadass.  8D Forget the MM9 Press Kit, now that image is something worth paying $200 for in retro cardboard box form. 

Absolutely agree on both Fantasy & Reality Miyabi points!

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: December 10, 2009, 03:46:17 AM
Why do we always get shot back to the same discussion of X9 and 16-bit and/or 32-bit?
Because you know everyone loves it.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: December 10, 2009, 03:46:20 AM
Nonsense.  Anything can be done in these here gameys.  Just imagine it like Chrono Trigger DS.  They has the SNES style game and put in the PS1 Anime Cutscenes. Why couldn't they do that with an SNES style X game?
Simply because X1-3 didnt have them. Capcom is pretty insistent on making them TRUE NES games. If they could they would sell them on cartridges.  The same would apply to the X series if they made it SNES again.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: December 10, 2009, 03:47:24 AM
All that MMX needs for storytelling is a big black box with text.

End of story.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: December 10, 2009, 03:47:39 AM

Because at this point, it's probably the last real controversy that the Rockman/Megaman fanbase has to poke each other with sharp pointy sticks about. XD