New Super Mario Bros. Galaxy 2 Wii Turbo Edition

HyperSonicEXE · 143308

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #725 on: June 01, 2010, 03:44:00 AM
Scratch that, actually, it would appear that the system update disabled everything but the Homebrew Channel, and I can't get anything within HBC to load properly It seems emulators work but not other stuff.  Weird...

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #726 on: June 01, 2010, 03:53:38 AM
You think that's bad?  I have four.  In addition to TV-hogging, this game arrived only on Friday (damn cheapass shipping), and Metroid Prime Trilogy is still fighting for my time.

You HAD to remind me that Trilogy is STILL there where I left it months ago =( Man I need more time for gaming.

Also, seeing my brother attemp to do it now reminded how much of a pain the prankster comet in the Chomp Works Galaxy or however it was called (the one with the Chain Chomp factory) is. Holy [parasitic bomb], keeping the chomp alive while avoiding cosmic Marios? >____<

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #727 on: June 01, 2010, 09:27:29 AM
113 stars, that final boss was pretty fun. Some of the pranksters haven't been terribly annoying with relatively few actually being truly frustrating, if even.

All I've really got left before the green stars is finishing up the last seven pranksters.

Offline Rayl

• The Missing Piece
  • Resistance Member
  • (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    • View Profile
Reply #728 on: June 01, 2010, 02:02:35 PM
To be honest if you're really scared about it then find a update blocking homebrew or use something like gecko to load your games.

... It's what i do anyway  :)

185 stars right now and i can't remember how much time i've spent on it but if i were to estimate i'd say i'm in the early/mid 20 hour mark.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #729 on: June 01, 2010, 03:50:09 PM
I'm 8 hours in or so and have got 36 stars.  I've been chasing after the prankster comets as they show up.  I wish they were all as entertaining as the one in Cloudy Court--that one was actually pretty fun.  The purple coin challenge in Flip-Swap was kind of a pain in the ass, but I think I was making it harder than it had to be.

That reminds me... there aren't 100-coin stars in this game, are there?

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #730 on: June 01, 2010, 04:00:46 PM
Purple Coin challenges have basically replaced the 100-coin stars in the Galaxy games.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #731 on: June 01, 2010, 08:11:58 PM
I figured they were more of a replacement for the Red Coin stars, but I guess it's more a combination of the two.  Oh well, given the ratio of coins to star bits in these games, you'd probably be hunting for over an hour just to FIND a hundred coins.

The Other Side

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #732 on: June 02, 2010, 03:18:02 AM
Got my first taste of the dash pepper, and thus far I can easily describe this game in two phases:

1. WHERESTHENEXTYOSHIGALAXYWHERESTHENEXTYOSHIGALAXYWHERESTHENEXTYOSHIGALAXY???!!!
2. WHOO-HOO!  Yoshi egg!

Seriously, I thank God for the low star count to the Galaxies throughout most of the game (got all I could in World 1 to see if anything happens), but they could have put 80 Stars in Hightail Falls Galaxy, and I'd have probably gotten them all before going anywhere else.  That dash pepper is just too much crazy fun.

Scratch that, actually, it would appear that the system update disabled everything but the Homebrew Channel, and I can't get anything within HBC to load properly It seems emulators work but not other stuff.  Weird...
Not that weird.  There are a lot of different exploits at work in homebrew, patching a few breaks a few, not all.  4.2 black-lists a few title IDs, so outdated versions of DVDx and HBC will not work (in addition any programs using DVDx need to be updated to recognize the new version).  The Boot2 update will also overwrite Bootmii, though you can easily restore that.  And the bug used in Bannerbomb v1 was removed.

The next thing to come to mind breaking would be anything dependent on fakesigning, but unless you tracked down IOS16, that should have already been removed on a 3.4 console.  There are apps to restore the fakesigning bug, though.

Really, to explain why anything breaks on a given Wii, you need to know not only what that something is but what apps you have been running previously that may have altered the console.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #733 on: June 03, 2010, 04:33:29 PM
So... sliding segments in co-op are kind of a pain in the ass, since the Luma pretty much covers Mario up due to the camera angle. Makes it harder to properly react to what's coming up, especially when purple coins are involved.

Otherwise, loving this game so far.

Posted on: June 02, 2010, 09:59:50 AM
Did I ever mention that I hate Spring Mario? Well, I'll say it now if not... I really really hate Spring Mario XD

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #734 on: June 03, 2010, 08:27:24 PM
Yeaaaah, I was kind of annoyed to see they brought that [tornado fang]ing thing back.

While I'm thinking about it, where the hell IS the Throwback Galaxy and whatever the one from Sunshine is? 

The Other Side

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #735 on: June 03, 2010, 09:06:07 PM
Spring Mario is easily the worst Mario Power-up ever, really.
While I'm thinking about it, where the hell IS the Throwback Galaxy and whatever the one from Sunshine is? 
Throwback Galaxy is in World 6 and Starshine Beach Galaxy is in World 4, I do believe. Starshine Beach isn't based off any Sunshine levels though, just has Piantas and that's it.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #736 on: June 03, 2010, 09:07:33 PM
Spring Mario = atrocity. They should've brought back the leaf from Mario 3! RACCOON MARIO IN 3D! YEAH!

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #737 on: June 03, 2010, 09:13:48 PM
LoL, I actually like Spring Mario.  Haha, and don't worry, he's only on one level.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #738 on: June 03, 2010, 09:21:54 PM
I just don't like how he controls. I like the idea (it's pretty much a straight rip from the Wario Land games), I just suck at controlling him. And what I can't control I hate.

WHICH IS WHY I'LL TAKE OVER THE WORLD! AHAHAHAHA!

Ermm.. I mean... I just don't like him because I have some difficulty controlling him. That's all.

Offline Dexter Dexter

• Utterly jaded
  • Neo Arcadian
  • I was born with this face...
    • View Profile
Reply #739 on: June 03, 2010, 09:25:04 PM
Oy vey. Spring Mario was one of things I hated about Galaxy 1. Especially that boss fight in the kitchen galaxy (I forget what it was called).

SAMPLE TEXT

Offline irgpie

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #740 on: June 03, 2010, 09:28:30 PM
My main issue with Spring Mario is the above mentioned controls, and also I find it a pain to time his Super Jump in general. It's been the waste of one too many lives for me.

Especially that boss fight in the kitchen galaxy (I forget what it was called).
Toy Time Galaxy.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #741 on: June 03, 2010, 10:30:49 PM
LoL, I actually like Spring Mario.  Haha, and don't worry, he's only on one level.
Thank goodness... I was worried I'd have to do something involving it for the Prankster Comet when it came along. You don't know how relieved I was when I saw it was set in a portion of the level that had nothing to do with that powerup XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #742 on: June 03, 2010, 10:31:42 PM
LoL, again I've never had a problem with Spring Mario, with the controls or anything.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #743 on: June 03, 2010, 10:50:50 PM
LoL, again I've never had a problem with Spring Mario, with the controls or anything.

This. You kids need to get some foresight and get off my lawn. XD

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #744 on: June 03, 2010, 10:55:49 PM
I got the hang of it eventually...

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #745 on: June 03, 2010, 11:26:36 PM
My main issue with it is the Super Jump, it seems a bit more finicky with the timing than some of the other powerups. That, and there was plenty of times where I swore I should have jumped, but instead I just kinda ended up weakly hopping into that gleeful grin of those carefree chomps. It just doesn't feel as intuitive as everything else in the Galaxy games, I find.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #746 on: June 04, 2010, 03:58:01 AM
Never had a problem with Spring Mario either.  The worst thing to happen to me in either Galaxy game involves purple coins (Battle Rock and trying to keep my controls straight between the top and bottom platform; though I can only imagine purple coins on a slide will be hell).

Worst Mario power-up?  Not sure there's been one that even counts as bad.  The only two I find questionable are Sunshine's version of Yoshi, and the SMB3 music box.  Most pointless goes to Yoshi's Power Flower in SM64DS.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #747 on: June 04, 2010, 05:10:53 AM
Eh, I don't hate the spring power up, but I can see where the hate comes from, hell, I feel like it hates me a lot at times too >_>

What I can't see the hate though is the Fluzzard, seriously, it just feels great and the controls work perfectly.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #748 on: June 04, 2010, 06:36:26 AM
So... The Perfect Run. It's the stuff tears are made of.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #749 on: June 04, 2010, 06:49:23 AM
I've warned people about that.