New Super Mario Bros. Galaxy 2 Wii Turbo Edition

HyperSonicEXE · 137352

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #475 on: February 26, 2010, 03:24:09 AM
People find it difficult? That's interesting.
But yeah World 6 sucks...which one is that again? <__<

Second desert world. Worse than the final world, IMO.

If you want a long-haired deep-voiced princess, go with Rosalina.

Stop, stop getting me excited!
 O^O

Yoshi's going to work a fair amount of miracles, but I think the plumbers will still be doing the majority of the work. Oh, and, looking forward to jump-dismounting Yoshi to avoid a black hole. >BD

As for Sonic, I've come to grips with it. A fluid, perfectly controlling cameo of the lil' blue bastard would be a nice slap in the face of all the people who've made us Sonic fans miserable.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #476 on: February 26, 2010, 03:27:43 PM

If the fireflower in SMG1 is any indication, we're all [tornado fang]'d when it comes to Yoshi.
If *ANY* power-up in 3D Mario history is a sign, we're [tornado fang]'d.  I'm clinging to the hope that they're doing something different.

3D Mario has thus far never allowed carrying anything, whatsoever, with you after a stage clear, whether it's use is otherwise timed or not.  That was one of three big points to Yoshi's downfall in Sunshine (the other two being fruit fetch-questing to hatch the egg, and THE DAMN EVAPORATION ON CONTACT WITH FRIKKIN WATER).

Actually, anyone got that pic of Rosalina getting hit in the head by a ball?
No, but http://mishaps with Yoshi and ice cream might float your boat.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 12:19:38 AM by Hypershell »

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #477 on: February 26, 2010, 11:37:12 PM
I think an RPM'er drew it, or if not I saw it here.

Anyways, with the World Map, maybe we can keep a power-up. Or Yoshi. *thinks of SMW*
MAYBE THE SMW ATHLETIC IS A HINT THAT THEY'RE USING SMW STYLE! *hopes*

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #478 on: February 27, 2010, 07:02:36 PM
Yoshi may be star-specific; if not, he'll certainly prove a hassle for some puzzles that need Mario's smaller size and greater mobility.

And yeah, they're definitely borrowing from SMW a little; how long has it been since we've seen saws? SML2:6GC, SMW, and Yoshi's Story.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #479 on: February 27, 2010, 07:54:57 PM
Yoshi may be star-specific; if not, he'll certainly prove a hassle for some puzzles that need Mario's smaller size and greater mobility.

And yeah, they're definitely borrowing from SMW a little; how long has it been since we've seen saws? SML2:6GC, SMW, and Yoshi's Story.

I would like to think that there would still be means for Mario to hop off, if necessary. Hopefully, that would do more for the notion of Yoshi just staying his green ass put, instead of disappearing or whatever.  8D

But again, everything else looks fine. I'm only concerned about Roy and the other members of the Magnificent 7 at the moment.  8D

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #480 on: February 27, 2010, 08:02:12 PM
In every game that has a rideable Yoshi, there is a means to jump off. Why should this be any different?

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #481 on: February 27, 2010, 08:19:47 PM
I would like to think that there would still be means for Mario to hop off, if necessary. Hopefully, that would do more for the notion of Yoshi just staying his green ass put, instead of disappearing or whatever.  8D

Well, sure, but I mean trying to complete the same star 2 ways, much like you could in SMW, is kinda hard to do in 3D. Not that it wasn't tricky in SMW, but then, the controls were simpler, the puzzles were simple movement between 2D gaps of hitboxes and ground, and didn't involve wall straddling, wall kicks, the spin for extra jump height, or any number of moves that Mario will need to complete 3D games/SMG2.

I mean, unless they gave Yoshi the same moveset as Mario, and made their combined hitbox/spatial differential relatively the same. Then it wouldn't be much more complicated.

Either way, this definitely replaces a Super Mario Sunshine Wiimake on my wishlist since all I wanted that for was to point at whatever I'm squirting instead of using the Control Stick. Using the pointer for Yoshi's tongue should much suffice. owo
...maybe.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #482 on: February 28, 2010, 03:23:44 PM
Of all the things wrong with Sunshine they have a lot more to do besides just aiming.  *ESPECIALLY* when it comes to Yoshi.

The hitbox thing is an interesting point, but is it really ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to have a hitbox as small as Mario to get past any particular puzzle?  The only problem areas I see are when crouching is required, which is rare in a 3D game, and even when needed, who's to say Yoshi couldn't manage?  Have you seen the dino's duck in Smash; rather than crouching, he lays flat against the ground.  If Mario did the same, perhaps sliding off-center on the saddle as well, I think they could get down about as well as Mario's crouch.  For any other situation the hitbox could just be a trade-off.

Spinning for extra height actually works in Yoshi's favor, since the flutter-jump has long since been a signature of his and carries a far greater impact (in a way it actually feels odd to me to return to SMW since he didn't have it back then).  Wall-kicking is perhaps the most awkward thing, but we do know already that Galaxy 2 is introducing the inflatable Yoshi, which could be a great work-around.

I would also point out that the occassional required jump-off needn't enrage Yoshi's fans, so long as he's waiting for you when it's over.  Remember that in World Yoshi was unable to use vines and P-Balloons, and also was more limited in his use of other things such as triangle blocks.  USUALLY (save one stage in Valley of Bowser, IIRC) it was no big deal.  You either did what you had to do and came back for the little guy, or if the stage permitted you made good use of your Blue Shells.

Speaking of which, I miss the wings.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Kit

• #1 wizard of disappearing
  • Master's Unit
  • hue
    • View Profile
    • Art stuff
Reply #483 on: February 28, 2010, 03:40:17 PM

:c me too

they dont think it be like it is but it do

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #484 on: February 28, 2010, 06:11:35 PM
Of all the things wrong with Sunshine they have a lot more to do besides just aiming.  *ESPECIALLY* when it comes to Yoshi.

The hitbox thing is an interesting point, but is it really ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to have a hitbox as small as Mario to get past any particular puzzle?  The only problem areas I see are when crouching is required, which is rare in a 3D game, and even when needed, who's to say Yoshi couldn't manage?  Have you seen the dino's duck in Smash; rather than crouching, he lays flat against the ground.  If Mario did the same, perhaps sliding off-center on the saddle as well, I think they could get down about as well as Mario's crouch.  For any other situation the hitbox could just be a trade-off.

Spinning for extra height actually works in Yoshi's favor, since the flutter-jump has long since been a signature of his and carries a far greater impact (in a way it actually feels odd to me to return to SMW since he didn't have it back then).  Wall-kicking is perhaps the most awkward thing, but we do know already that Galaxy 2 is introducing the inflatable Yoshi, which could be a great work-around.

I would also point out that the occassional required jump-off needn't enrage Yoshi's fans, so long as he's waiting for you when it's over.  Remember that in World Yoshi was unable to use vines and P-Balloons, and also was more limited in his use of other things such as triangle blocks.  USUALLY (save one stage in Valley of Bowser, IIRC) it was no big deal.  You either did what you had to do and came back for the little guy, or if the stage permitted you made good use of your Blue Shells.

I definitely had the Bowser gravity switching arrows in mind, as well as successive enemy hopping and gap/crusher puzzles. Only the enemy hopping would possibly prove really troublesome, but we hardly ever see that in 3D.

Indeed, making the spin-jump Yoshi's flutter would get the SMW crowd (self included) back on track.

With the Wii's processing, Yoshi waiting wouldn't be such a big deal. The real trick is getting Yoshi back after a Mario-only puzzle, then having to continue on, unable to go back (which SMG1 had a lot of). I think multiple Yoshi eggs could remedy that, though.

Which brings me to another burning question; what happens if Mario gets a suit or power while on Yoshi? SMW nulls Mario's abilities; same here? Does the power up go away? Can Yoshi grab a Red Star, turn dark blue with wings, and fly?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #485 on: February 28, 2010, 06:33:38 PM

I did, until Communist Flying Mario, which I REALLY hope SMG2 has much MUCH more of.

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #486 on: February 28, 2010, 07:58:19 PM
Yeah, wasn't there only ONE STAGE in Galaxy 1 that used the Red Starman?

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #487 on: February 28, 2010, 08:03:50 PM
Yeah, wasn't there only ONE STAGE in Galaxy 1 that used the Red Starman?

Comet Observatory and Gate Galaxy.

Le sigh.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #488 on: March 01, 2010, 12:21:17 AM
I did, until Communist Flying Mario, which I REALLY hope SMG2 has much MUCH more of.
Point taken.  But Yoshi wings as an alternate would still rock outstandingly.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #489 on: March 01, 2010, 12:52:34 AM
And would still fit the game's motif with the wings.

But then again, if you're playing SMG, you're already suspending disbelief quite a bit; wings on a dinosaur traveling through airless space shouldn't be much of a problem, anyway.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #490 on: March 01, 2010, 01:03:35 AM
wings on a dinosaur traveling through airless space
Ridley says hello.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #491 on: March 03, 2010, 04:26:47 AM
Ridley says hello.

See? Exactly.

...well, Ridley has an excuse, though; he travels from planet to planet. Those wings come in mighty handy regardless of your gravity.
...oh. Well, now Yoshi has that excuse too. :3

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #492 on: March 03, 2010, 06:20:53 AM
See? Exactly.

...well, Ridley has an excuse, though; he travels from planet to planet. Those wings come in mighty handy regardless of your gravity.
...oh. Well, now Yoshi has that excuse too. :3

And extra points for being reptilian for the advantage to being able to adapt to harsh conditions~

Still, I wonder if there'll be any Yoshi-Only segments..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #493 on: March 03, 2010, 06:48:48 AM
More Metroid games where you ride Ridley plz

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #494 on: March 03, 2010, 11:05:46 PM
More Metroid games where you ride Ridley plz

Oh dear.

Samus and Meta-Ridley teaming up in Metroid VI? Oh that's just too wacky.

But this is Nintendo. We just had a Zelda game where Zelda's spirit is Link's aid, and then the next game, the Master Sword is a girl.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #495 on: March 03, 2010, 11:21:10 PM
Yeah. Someone's smoking a little something-something over at Nintendo HQ, methinks. How else would we get such strange things going on?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #496 on: March 04, 2010, 12:16:37 AM
Zelda has had it's fair share of strangeness since the beginning, though.

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #497 on: March 04, 2010, 12:20:51 AM
Not to mention it hasn't even been confirmed that the girl is the Master Sword.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #498 on: March 04, 2010, 02:36:19 AM
I really want a communist propaganda style poster with Mario in these colors flying in the air looking all evil.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #499 on: March 04, 2010, 02:37:35 AM
I expect that if anyone were to fill your request, it would either be Acid/Ace or SubTank.