The Conduit

Pringer X · 1720

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
on: June 28, 2009, 02:31:20 AM
Well, it's out on the Wii. I actually picked up a copy about an hour ago, but foolishly realized that I had no clue as to what ANYTHING in the game is like, from the controls to the guns to the story. Luckily I realized this in the store and figured "I'll look online, see what it's like, and if it's worth it, I'll keep it, and if not, return it". So, who here has played the game and likes it? What are the high lights and low lights of the game?

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 03:04:00 AM
Still waiting for the game to get here (hooray Brazil), but I read mixed views on it everywhere.

The general consensus is that if you only own a Wii it's an interesting purchase, but it's not really all that special compared to bigger shooters. Single player campaign is very short too, apparently five or so hours, though multiplayer sure would make up for it.

I personally am looking forward to it because of the controls. I'm a big fan of Metroid Prime 3, and the way it handles aiming and movement pretty much makes me forget I'm holding a controller (or two...).

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 12:15:44 AM
This will probably be the first time I buy a FPS. Ever.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 01:36:50 AM
If enough people get this one and like it, I might get it as well just to join in on the crazy RPM hijinks. It seems like a great game with a lot of technical and personalization merits to itself.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 02:11:47 AM
I liked it a lot from what little I played of it at the Comic Con

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 09:06:11 AM
If a couple of RPMers get it, i'll get it.  I already heard some positive things from my co-worker, so it's on 'considering' status.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 08:37:53 PM
The general consensus is that if you only own a Wii it's an interesting purchase, but it's not really all that special compared to bigger shooters. Single player campaign is very short too, apparently five or so hours, though multiplayer sure would make up for it.

I heard the multiplayer aspect was fun as hell, but since I fear the people running around on WiFi, I'd probably stick to just the single player campaign, and if it's only 5 hours long, then it isn't worth it. My mom and dad randomly got me MadWorld (as in, they asked me what the game was and got it for me <_<) and I beat that thing in 3 hours. When I return the game (and return Prototype as well when it's due back), I'll see if they have the game and just rent it then. I don't want to spend $50 on a game I'll probably end up beating in a single sitting (god I have no life >< )

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 10:53:35 PM
I played MadWorld to death, and like it a lot even though it lasts 4 or so hours. The art style and over-the-top combat are so detailed, there were several deaths and places I hadn't seen on my third run.

I tend to replay short games more often than long games because I prefer to get as much as possible done in one sitting. For some reason the thought of still having 70 hours to go is not very appealing to me... I prefer tons of variety in a one-hour game (Star Fox 64) over a long and tiring experience that solves the clock issue with lots of filler (Wind Waker).

That's another reason I wanna have faith in The Conduit, anyway. :D Hopefully there's going to be enough to make all that shooting worth revisiting. For me, controls are a huge part of the experience after Corruption.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 30, 2009, 03:40:48 AM
I like some meat on my games, having at least 6-7 hours is a good thing since it would take me a bit in order to beat it. God Hand took me over 12 hours to get where I'm at, I still haven't beaten it (!@#$ing level ><), and it's friggin' awesome. I'd say the same thing about Prototype, but the controls and combat are so messed up, I can't enjoy it (that, and the difficulty curve spiking a 90 degree angle at about the halfway point). I want a good, long game that takes under 15 hours to beat, but last at least half that much, while also having a nice difficulty curve. I don't mind hard games, but making the enemies stronger on each level while you've got nothing, and having the controls suck harder than a thirsty whore are just bad ideas.