The Official Super Mario Galaxy 2 Discussion Thread

Jericho · 5058

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 16, 2009, 06:15:24 AM
I say I couldn't see Mario ever going down the same path Sonic did...

...and yet I thought Sonic would never go down that road, either. As much as it is a hindrance to creativity, Miyamoto is right to smash the added storyline. But, it is nice to have some blurbs like SMG1 did.

Of course, now that I've defended the status quo, I will say that these numerous sports, party, and Minis-esque spinoffs (that aren't RPGs) aren't helping any. Mario Kart, Dr. Mario, and some others; fine.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: June 16, 2009, 07:48:15 AM
I highly doubt that Super Mario Gun 2 OR 3 will ever be as good as Super Mario Bros. 3. Not unless they add in the Racoon and Tanuki suit and the Hammer Bros. Suit. I wants me some crazy power ups that I can hold on to, and for the love of god, make the power ups more useful >< The spring was freakin' gimmicky and stupid, the Bee was kinda cool, the Boo one was only in, what, two, three worlds, and the Ice and Fire power-ups just seemed like they were thrown in there. I wanna throw more fireballs and freeze enemies dammit >< NSMBW has those two and a couple others, so put more in there.

Who wouldn't think a return of Cape Mario or Racoon Mario would be bitchin'?

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 12:51:29 AM
I highly doubt that Super Mario Gun 2 OR 3 will ever be as good as Super Mario Bros. 3.

*cue "I Am All of Me" and a city background for Mario with the Super Scope*

Well the Drill is a good sign, and the Bee Suit lasted for a very reasonable length of time. Granted, though, the Boo Suit was only good in certain situations. So now, this Drill is a semi-permanent item and you carry it around and use it wherever (probably will be used for discovering secrets, too). Yoshi is not a suit, but all the same, we know he's worthwhile. A definite step up, and there might be more on the way. Seeing Mario freeze the water like that in the trailer seems to indicate that Ice Mario is either gone or will only be in certain stages (which is as it should be since it has a freakin' time limit).

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 06:02:20 AM
While not exactly relevant to SMG2...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLXIhpZeNco

Finally back after all these years Larry Koopa. His fight in NSMBW looks improved over his SMB3 fight.