It's not handwavy, Capcom actually proposed the idea. >.>
God damn it not again.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: July 04, 2009, 12:35:26 AM
??

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #77 on: July 04, 2009, 01:03:02 AM
I like to think that After X is granted the 'Armor' (from a theory that the armor is encrypted within X's systems), that after the conflict, and during the times of peace, no matter how abrupt, the armor's re-encrypt back into X's systems. This also suggests why he kept his Dash ability, why his Charge Shot changes between X1 -X3. Why each and every time his armor's vanish... And how the Ultimate Armor came into the picture. Plus is helps us understand what X is capable of with his limitless potential. And since X keeps the data, whether encrypted or decrypted by Light, Alia was able to analyze the 'Fourth' armor for the version seen in X5. And 'Falcon' version seen in X6. Plus Light's trust of Alia to make sure it is uploaded correctly...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: July 04, 2009, 01:23:19 AM
X was built with the Emergency Acceleration System (EAS, Dash) by default. It wasn't a hidden ability, just that he didnt know how to use it. The boots were merely training wheels. also, the buster differences are well, X gets more powerful when he fights. His buster ups itself. Remember Zero's words in X1.
"If you use all the abilities you were designed with, you should become stronger..."

in X1, X want at 100% of his default power yet. That includes not knowing how to use his EAS, and his weak power. The first armor was like a set of training wheels that helped him reach his 100%. afterward, he knew how to use his EAS unaided, and his charge shot became more powerful.

although in game, comparing X1 2 and 3, Im sure the buster does the same amount of damage each time, so its probably just aesthetic.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #79 on: July 04, 2009, 01:34:00 AM
Which doesn't conflict with my statement. I used that in the process of him acquiring his ability. Despite not knowing how to use his EAS, it was still unlocked by Light. And yet remained unlocked for X to use in basic future terms. His buster would be the same. Even if in game it does the same damage. And since X2 and X3 had quite different Buster upgrades, both, the buster could also be used as a 'hint' to what would be changing for the Buster.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #80 on: July 04, 2009, 02:48:31 PM
Air dash becomes default, too.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: July 04, 2009, 05:22:43 PM
by X7. And I still think they did it on a whim...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #82 on: July 05, 2009, 03:03:16 AM
X was built with the Emergency Acceleration System (EAS, Dash) by default. It wasn't a hidden ability, just that he didnt know how to use it. The boots were merely training wheels.
Not quite.  It's not that he didn't know how, the first boots did grant him the ability, but said ability is an OPTIONAL component of his original specs.  Hence why he kept it, it is something his unarmored form was designed to do.  Just wasn't installed and/or completed.

although in game, comparing X1 2 and 3, Im sure the buster does the same amount of damage each time, so its probably just aesthetic.
Pretty sure that's correct.  A full charge shot does the equivalent of 4 uncharged shots against stage enemies in the SNES games.  Checked that myself in X1, and I'm not aware of it changing between games.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfic and Rant account
Reply #83 on: July 05, 2009, 10:08:19 PM
All this is nice and all, but isn't this topic about Zero's buster?

Oh, and someone said that the buster was trashed in the intro; in that interval isn't it possible that simply he had it repaired?

What color is my heart, Snively...?

http://downloads.khinsider.com/?u=23112
Click here to find a site with loads of soundtracks available.

Offline SoulAnimal

• PB's Fangirl
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Protoman? :3
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: July 05, 2009, 10:14:02 PM
wow the X Bustier thread still has more posts then the real thread  XD

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: July 05, 2009, 10:19:32 PM
All this is nice and all, but isn't this topic about Zero's buster?

Oh, and someone said that the buster was trashed in the intro; in that interval isn't it possible that simply he had it repaired?

No. Since you still can't use it during the game.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: July 06, 2009, 02:04:03 AM
Maybe it gets magicallytechnologically repaired by the Zero Virus.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: July 06, 2009, 02:36:20 AM
You still can't use it In game >_>

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: July 06, 2009, 02:41:00 AM
Maverick Zero does, I think?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: July 06, 2009, 03:44:25 AM
You still can't use it In game >_>
Yeah, but you can't use Denharei or any of the other versus-Zero moves either.  Nor can you use X's X4 weapons, X4 Ultimate Armor colorings, X4 charge effects, fancy recolored wall-impact sprites, or that phantom Lifesaver that lives in his buster shot.

You people are honestly still trying to make sense of the X5 X versus Zero battle?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: July 06, 2009, 04:19:34 AM
Yes. Because there must be a logical explanation behind it.[/Spock]

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: July 08, 2009, 10:06:42 PM
What's a Denharei?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: July 08, 2009, 11:57:10 PM
Saber wave.

Courtesy of White Dragon Nall:
Shin Messenkou, "True Destruction Flash"
The stronger version of Messenkou (the attack Zero learns from Shining Hotarunicus) used by normal, Kakusei, and Nightmare Zero. The one in which he punches the ground and makes those balls things rise.

Shingetsurin, "True Moon Ring"
Original buster attack by Kakusei Zero, in which he fires a ring of blue fire.

Denharei, "Electric Blade Zero"
Saber attack used by normal, Kakusei, and Nightmare Zero, in which the saber's blade is turned into a projectile.

Genmurei, "Illusion Zero"
Kakusei Zero's ultimate attack, in which he launches two extremely large beam saber blade things at you which kill instantly. When he uses this attack, he keeps on using it until you die.

Genmurei Kai, "Illusion Zero (Modified)"
The extremely weak version of Genmurei used by Nightmare Zero. Only one blade, may move slowly or quickly.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: July 09, 2009, 12:01:12 AM
I never did get Awakened Zero to use Genmurei...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: July 09, 2009, 12:04:52 AM
You have to stall for a LONG, LONG time to get that to happen.  Easiest to do with Falcon Armor.

It's a shame UA X has no such super move.  I've stalled against him and Nightmare Zero long enough to force the music to restart.  Twice.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: July 09, 2009, 12:07:14 AM
Isn't X's super move the weird the Lifesaver thingy? I've never actually seen that happen...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: July 09, 2009, 12:17:46 AM
It *might* happen when you block his buster shots (I've had more success in doing it with specials), but I'm not really sure what kind of "attack" that falls under.  Lifesaver doesn't move.  Or dissipate, which kinda lends to speculation that it might be a glitch of some sort.  He does cause damage, though.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: July 09, 2009, 12:54:57 AM
Wait, what?  Lifesaver comes in during the fight?

Posted on: July 08, 2009, 06:40:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYi5Zhz9oEU
it is a  bug. look at where he is standing. he is below he standing line. and he is in blue inverse.its probably a glitch with the buster thing. how much damage does it do? It might be the game is reading the plasma bubble or the charge  buster itself for the damage.

Offline CyberXIII

• Doctor Ivo Robotnik
  • Resistance Member
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: July 09, 2009, 08:15:11 PM
Where did you find that stuff by WDN?

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: July 10, 2009, 03:13:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYi5Zhz9oEU
it is a  bug. look at where he is standing. he is below he standing line. and he is in blue inverse.its probably a glitch with the buster thing. how much damage does it do? It might be the game is reading the plasma bubble or the charge  buster itself for the damage.
I know that, I've done it myself several times.  Seems like odd behavior for a bug, though, to produce a new "attack" like that.

On damage, the video shows you (multiply by two to compensate for Black Zero).  But X5's life bars are solid lines that don't show individual HP well.