The Z Buster

Gotham Ranger · 29238

Offline Thanatos-Zero

• RPM Irregular
    • View Profile
Reply #125 on: July 18, 2009, 08:08:11 PM
Axl has a cameo as Model A.
But as you know it is named after his creator, Albert. We need more evidence, or at least the word of god Inafune.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #126 on: July 18, 2009, 08:10:57 PM
We were talking about Zero, not ZX.

My bad.

But as you know it is named after his creator, Albert. We need more evidence, or at least the word of god Inafune.

Yeah but only a blindfolded idiotic monkey would not see that Model A is based on Axl. Design wise.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #127 on: July 18, 2009, 08:31:32 PM
Not in this topic my friend, so why don´t go you ahead and open such a thread?
I couldn´t care less about Axl  :P

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #128 on: July 18, 2009, 08:32:36 PM
But as you know it is named after his creator, Albert.
Topic officially derailed.

The name "Model Albert" comes from Albert's backup plan, that is the data within the ciphers, not the Biometal's identity or combat abilities.  Model A cannot contain Albert's consciousness if Albert's consciousness is still in his own body.  Model A bears no resemblance to Albert in either personality or abilities, with the sole exception of A-Trans (Homing Shot doesn't count; Albert only uses it in his final form, when he has abilities from all 6 of Ciel's Biometals).  Albert, probably due to lacking his own combat abilities, relies on either Model A or Model W to supply him with data for A-Trans.  Model A can acquire and copy data on its own.

There is every reason to believe that Albert considers the Biometal's consciousness to be irrelevant.  Look at what happened to the Small Four.  All have red-eyes, all override the wills of their respective Biometals with their own, as Model X mentions.  Grey, when awakening, briefly showed red eyes before they went green, and Pandora explains that Grey's mind control was incomplete.  Notice also there are four broken capsules in the room where Grey awakens.

For many obvious reasons, Model A is clearly designed after Axl.  Dual pistols, screen-wide rapid fire Giga Attack, copy ability, child-like personality, somewhat selfish/cowardice at first but becomes brave and a little trigger-happy when given an appropriate role-model to follow, obvious likeness to Axl's helmet in the Biometal fragment, less obvious but equally valid likeness in the armor.  Any of those may be dismissed if they were alone, but all together?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #129 on: July 19, 2009, 07:10:44 AM
A's design very vaguely resembles God Albert's armor.

also, ZX is for all intents and purposes Zero 5. >_>

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #130 on: July 19, 2009, 12:24:00 PM
A's design very vaguely resembles God Albert's armor.

Hahaha no.

Not at all. Seriously people, am I the only one who can see Axl in Model A? Both, Biometal AND megamerge?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #131 on: July 19, 2009, 01:51:31 PM
Model A only does not represents Axl in certain oddities shared by every single transformation... That is, taking aspects of the host as parts of its design. Grey's design elements are heavily reused. Just like the others for some magical reason have the same chest armor as a random Giro Express uniform.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #132 on: July 20, 2009, 12:41:53 AM
Actually, it's MOSTLY Grey re-using Model A, rather than the other way around.  Chest and shoes are the same.  The only thing Model A takes from Grey is the red cords in the back.

As for how "ultimate" Albert compares to Model A, there's virtually no resemblance outside of the fact that they have striped leg/waist joints.  Meanwhile, the limbs of DAN-000 that do show (I'm mainly referring to the legs here) match up exactly with Albert's Ultimate MegaMan getup, merely palette-swapped.

Just like the others for some magical reason have the same chest armor as a random Giro Express uniform.
I'm seriously wondering if Giro didn't have some connection with Ciel, for that reason.  While the uniform matches, ZXA shows us that it's "not quite" a direct carry-over.  The vest stays in place and color-changes rather than being dissolved and re-made as Grey's chest/feet are.  But it also loses that new emblem that Vent/Aile added to their ZXA outfits.

Although, and I just noticed this, a similar shpiel goes on with Grey's feet.  They're not quite the same either.  Grey has bolts at the top of the toe end, Model A doesn't.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #133 on: July 20, 2009, 08:34:48 AM
I have to say, out of all of the long-shot calls being right I have ever made, I think the whole thing with Model A was probably the biggest. I remember saying that maybe Model A won't be Axl, it could be something else, or something to that effect, and placed little faith in it being true. I'll be damned if everything but the name doesn't come from Axl, yet they called it ALBERT instead. Reminds me of a show where someone was trying to not shoot a bird by turning the gun 45 degrees away from it, and yet still hit it dead on.

Anyway, about the Z buster.

What happens when Black Zero uses it? Does the buster get stronger as well? <.<

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #134 on: July 20, 2009, 11:58:39 AM
am I the only one who can see Axl in Model A? Both, Biometal AND megamerge?
Model A is Axl. Axl is Model A

[spoiler]

It fits. That's all I need to believe.

Stop agonizing & accept it. Unless you prefer to believe that Craft IS Axl. LOL
[/spoiler]

Okay going back on topic...
Z Buster is pathetic. If you want to use a buster just play as X.
Then beat Spilt Mushroom with buster only (No Charge)!  :W

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #135 on: July 20, 2009, 02:21:16 PM
Actually, it's MOSTLY Grey re-using Model A, rather than the other way around.  Chest and shoes are the same.  The only thing Model A takes from Grey is the red cords in the back
the whole chest armor is Grey's

Yet Ashe has it too.

Posted on: July 20, 2009, 08:20:10 AM
Model A is Axl. Axl is Model A

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
D: Cant un see...
seriously that looks slightly disturbing.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #136 on: July 20, 2009, 02:54:35 PM
the whole chest armor is Grey's

-Albert made Model A, Albert made Grey to use Model A.
-The chest is not exact, several details have changed and the vest underneath is added.
-Grey's chest armor dissolves only to be replaced with Model A's.

For many obvious reasons, Model A is clearly designed after Axl.

There's also the fact that both Grey and Ashe have personalities and themes going that relate to Axl.

I'm seriously wondering if Giro didn't have some connection with Ciel, for that reason.

I do wonder if these vests somehow double as armor. (Even when they're open?) In Hu/Re form they are prone to taking damage, Ashe especially. They take damage comparable to what a fully armored Rockman would. Of course, that could just be the machine body doing its thing.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #137 on: July 21, 2009, 01:32:49 AM
What happens when Black Zero uses it? Does the buster get stronger as well? <.<
No, however, the Z-Buster may be enhanced with the Buster Plus power-up part, the same as the X-Buster can.

Yet Ashe has it too.
Hence Grey re-using Model A's design.  If it was the other way around, Ashe wouldn't share the chest, as she doesn't share the red cords.

Zan has a sharper eye than I do on the chest details, although it is in line with Grey semi-reusing the feet.  Clearly based on but not identical.

Z Buster is pathetic.
In X5, this is true.  Although it is a safe-if-slow way of handling giant enemies (mutant taxi cabs in particular).  And it's fun to kick the crap out of Ultimate Armor X using only a laggy pea-shooter.

In X6, the Z-Buster rocks, for reasons I've already discussed.  Much faster, massive point-blank range damage on stage enemies, massive damage at any range on bosses.  The default Z-Buster handles Sigma's first form as quickly and easily as X's Overdrive, that's saying something.

Of course, that could just be the machine body doing its thing.
A valid explanation considering that Ashe sky-dives, it cutscene, without a parachute.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #138 on: July 21, 2009, 02:38:37 AM
that's saying something.
no that isn't

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #139 on: July 21, 2009, 02:53:06 AM
*gives Nekomata ZE UPPERCUUT!!!*

Do you even know what I was talking about?

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #140 on: July 21, 2009, 03:04:22 AM
X6 sigma is pathetic regardless of whatever the hell you're using.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #141 on: July 21, 2009, 03:15:21 AM

Sorry Hyper but she's right. If I can kill the second form in one standard jump slash as Zero, something is horribly wrong. XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #142 on: July 21, 2009, 05:39:35 AM
Sorry Hyper but she's right. If I can kill the second form in one standard jump slash as Zero, something is horribly wrong. XD
Guard shell ftw.

Offline Galappan

• Mode Change
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Defense Mode
    • View Profile
Reply #143 on: July 21, 2009, 07:04:32 AM
D: Cant un see...
seriously that looks slightly disturbing.
Floating Heads are creepy indeed.

On topic. Wily did his best in creating Zero yet he fails in the buster part.  XD

Though...Zero himself is a weapon of destruction...God Of Destruction to be exact.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #144 on: July 21, 2009, 01:27:55 PM

He didn't say about making it easier, he said about making it FASTER.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #145 on: July 22, 2009, 12:59:43 AM
I wasn't talking about the second form, I was talking about the first.  And by "easily" I mean never having to move.  Ever.

Blizzard Wolfang's pretty much the same, too.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #146 on: July 22, 2009, 10:39:40 AM
I think you do have to move, every other shot or so knocks him down, and then he spits out 2394829384 energy balls which you have to jump over. Although it's enough to jump straight up.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #147 on: July 23, 2009, 12:49:39 AM
You're using Ground Dash on him, aren't you?  Attacking Sigma with something else doesn't knock him down nearly so often.  With the Z-Buster, or X's Overdrive, he's dead in seconds, and any damage you take is minimal.  I've done both a zillion times on Xtreme mode.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #148 on: July 23, 2009, 12:57:52 AM
because standing still and mashing special weapon is fun, amirite.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #149 on: July 23, 2009, 01:13:30 AM
It's a demonstration of power, the point of the discussion (you were contesting my against Galappan's statement that the Z-Buster is pathetic, remember?).  The Z-Buster does as much damage to any other boss as it does Sigma, it's just that, with the slight exception of Wolfang, the others don't just stand in your line of fire for you.

Besides, who doesn't want Sigma's first form over as quickly as possible?  It reuses the stage BGM, for crying out loud.  Second form, no matter how easy, is far more awesome to toy with.