HokutoNoBen · 286520

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #950 on: February 08, 2010, 04:03:49 AM
The purple slash attack is Shippuga (from X4),

Does he announce it as such, cause I think that's a bit of a stretch.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #951 on: February 08, 2010, 04:13:28 AM
I don't see how it's *AT ALL* a stretch.  The blade color change (it's actually pink, not purple; I was just quoting Pringer) is the giveaway.  Do you know of any OTHER pink-bladed dashing attack?  Or any other reason the blade should be changing colors on an individual attack basis, for that matter?

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #952 on: February 08, 2010, 04:15:35 AM
Does he announce it as such, cause I think that's a bit of a stretch.

Training Mode > Show Command List.

Your answer is there.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #953 on: February 08, 2010, 04:31:32 AM
Training Mode > Show Command List.

Your answer is there.

Actually, Shipuuga doesn't show on the command list.  It's not a real *special* move; it's simply a command move, like Ryu's overhead forward+M.  Command moves do no chip damage, but special moves do (i.e. Ryuenjin).

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #954 on: February 08, 2010, 04:43:01 AM
How is it a stretch? He uses moves from X4 to X7. thats not a stretch at all, and it's the only one it COULD be. In fact, his X4 movesent seems to be highly favored here, as he has more X4 than X5 or 6. Remember this Zero digs deep, not only in ability, but in design as well. (pre X4 art shoulder pads. and Bandai model kit black Zero)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline megaman24681012

• Toa of Ice
  • B-Class Hunter
  • Shoulda chose a better name.
    • View Profile
Reply #955 on: February 08, 2010, 04:46:12 AM
come on guys, sure we Zero fans memorized the ridiculous names of his attacks now, but who still doesn't color code his attacks?

Kopaka: "That leaves you and I, Tahu Nuva."
Tahu: "No. That leaves only me."

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #956 on: February 08, 2010, 04:47:12 AM
Shippuuga only hits once in X4, doesn't it? 6H hits a few times. And Shippuuga doesn't pop up in the air either. I don't think the color (which is still not the same) is enough to make the correlation.

Oh, and Capcom's [tornado fang]'d up Zero's helmet in everything since X8.

[spoiler]In case you couldn't tell, I am totally making fun of Flame and Shelly and others for caring too much about little details like that. The above is not a serious post.[/spoiler]

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #957 on: February 08, 2010, 04:52:34 AM
It's a forum where we argue over a shota in blue spandex created by an old man who has a little girl doing house chores.
You should know better than to expect us not to care about little details.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #958 on: February 08, 2010, 04:57:37 AM
Doesn't make it any less stupid. And that is a terrible defense.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #959 on: February 08, 2010, 04:59:41 AM
*shrug*

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #960 on: February 08, 2010, 05:00:50 AM
Light is a gay pedophile, roll is really male.

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #961 on: February 08, 2010, 05:13:17 AM
I feel temped to post an episode from the english dub Astroboy...

but it wouldn't fit otherwise.

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #962 on: February 08, 2010, 05:56:44 AM
I'm happy to report that I've finally got my copy of the game, and now I want to show the world that I opened it!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNcq7IYt0Q4[/youtube]

I got it last week at a GameStop with those trading cards that came with my pre-order, and I've played the heck out of the game, and I've been loving it ever since. Only one think I hate though:

Rant: The [chameleon sting]ing online mode.... fffffffff I understand the Wii wasn't optimized for online matches, and I shouldn't expect a seamless online experience on the Wii, but the lag is freaking ridiculous, and the 1 second delay/lag can really keeps throwing me off guard, causing constant losses. I hope Nintendo gets with the freaking program, and improve the online infrastructure or whatever handles online gameplay matches for Wii games.

Other than that, this game is awesome. My team usually consist of Frank, Zero, Trigger, Viewtiful Joe, Tekkaman Blade, Batsu.

If anyone want's my friend code to challenge me, here: 2536 5235 3377.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #963 on: February 08, 2010, 06:44:35 AM
I got so used to the terrible unplayable mes lag that was online brawl, that a small 1 second lag on TvC is nothing to me.
Not that I get much lag anyway.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #964 on: February 08, 2010, 06:46:57 AM
^^It may be your internet connection. The fight with me and Aqua turned into more or less a bloodbath because my attacks were just NOT happening. Each saber slash from Zero took more time to do online than the entire combo offline while Aqua murdered me with a good set of combos.

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #965 on: February 08, 2010, 07:02:20 AM
I really don't understand the way online play works.  In my match against Pringer, for example, I felt no lag at all, but he did.  I've also been on the other end of that spectrum though; there have been matches where I couldn't do much at all and my opponent seemed to know exactly what was going on.
Aqua murdered me with a good set of combos.

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline OKeijiDragon

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #966 on: February 08, 2010, 07:46:31 AM
^^It may be your internet connection. The fight with me and Aqua turned into more or less a bloodbath because my attacks were just NOT happening. Each saber slash from Zero took more time to do online than the entire combo offline while Aqua murdered me with a good set of combos.
Dude, my internet was just upgraded today. I have a Cable Modem 100Mbps/wireless internet connection, so I really hope it's not me with problem!

I got so used to the terrible unplayable mes lag that was online brawl, that a small 1 second lag on TvC is nothing to me. Not that I get much lag anyway.
But isn't this suppose to be a game were the timing of your moves are significant to winning a match? Also, I was being modest about the "1-sec lag" part.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #967 on: February 08, 2010, 08:57:09 AM
Your internet speed is not the only factor that decides lag. Honestly, I'm happy with it just being playable at all after the slideshows with 2 seconds of input lag that was Brawl's online.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #968 on: February 08, 2010, 09:31:06 PM
Your internet speed is not the only factor that decides lag. Honestly, I'm happy with it just being playable at all after the slideshows with 2 seconds of input lag that was Brawl's online.
This. SERIOUSLY this.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #969 on: February 09, 2010, 02:54:47 AM
Bear in mind that Brawl is 2-4 players whereas TvC is strictly 2.  I think some improvement in lag is to be expected when you're never splitting the connection 3 or 4 ways.

But yeah, if the server's bogged down, you're screwed and your connection speed can't help you.

It's a forum where we argue over a shota in blue spandex created by an old man who has a little girl doing house chores.
You should know better than to expect us not to care about little details.
Well, Sato, Flame pretty much nailed it.  However I will add, in the words of Sheldon Cooper, "If you're going to mock me, at least get your facts straight."
Shippuuga only hits once in X4, doesn't it?
No.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #970 on: February 09, 2010, 03:26:21 AM
Bear in mind that Brawl is 2-4 players whereas TvC is strictly 2.  I think some improvement in lag is to be expected when you're never splitting the connection 3 or 4 ways.

And I was talking about my 1 vs 1 experience actually, hell, you were there with me in one of the laggiest 1 vs 1 matches I've ever had the misfortune to be in.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #971 on: February 09, 2010, 07:15:09 AM
at least get your facts straight.

I can say the same to you. Shippuuga has two u's.

Whatever. It seems you weren't phased. It's no fun making fun of you two if you don't appreciate the friendly joke. Aborted.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #972 on: February 09, 2010, 08:06:34 AM
My sense of humor was never all too great to tell you the truth...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #973 on: February 10, 2010, 01:57:38 AM
Sato, no joke on the internet continues to be funny after I notice it.  Hasn't Neko been educating you?

Shippuuga has two u's.
Touche.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #974 on: February 10, 2010, 09:16:53 PM
Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom devs talks original plans for Phoenix Wright, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, sequel appearances and more

- Ingrid from the Capcom Fighting Jam (Evolution) was the first test model for the game, but didn't make the final cut
- Phoenix Wright was another character that didn't make the cut, but he never made it to test model phase
- The team didn't know how to animate Phoenix's legs, so they considered having him in a drivable desk, but then ditched the whole idea for the character
- Nizuma said these characters could always appear in a sequel
- Arthur from Ghouls 'n Ghosts was originally planned, including his own level, but he was also cut
- mini-games were mostly cut for the NA release due to time constraints
- Eighting said that including all characters in the mini-game wouldn't work, which is how we wound up with the 4 playable characters we have

>0<

Sounds a lot like that "Peach not playable in NSMB Wii, because Nintendo can't animate dresses" bit. ^^;
She played just fine in the Smash Bros games and Mario USA, so why not in NSMB Wii? XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~