Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (the sequel topic)

HokutoNoBen · 289485

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #975 on: February 10, 2010, 09:21:09 PM
Well at least we have 3 possible Capcom characters for the sequel.

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #976 on: February 10, 2010, 09:22:45 PM
- The team didn't know how to animate Phoenix's legs, so they considered having him in a drivable desk, but then ditched the whole idea for the character

thought that too x3

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #977 on: February 10, 2010, 09:23:46 PM
Pheonix glued to his desk? Tabletop Cannon anyone? Also, this whole animate his legs thing sounds SO familiar.  XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #978 on: February 10, 2010, 09:26:24 PM
Sounds a lot like that "Peach not playable in NSMB Wii, because Nintendo can't animate dresses" bit. ^^;
She played just fine in the Smash Bros games and Mario USA, so why not in NSMB Wii? XD

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #979 on: February 10, 2010, 09:29:23 PM
Couldnt animate his legs? WUT? youve got Frank west, another guy with normal legs, whats so hard about a guy in a blue suit? The more pressing issue would be what his moves would be. Im wondering how "OBJECTION!" would be factored in... XD

I REALLY want a playable Phoenix. AND Speed Racer.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #980 on: February 10, 2010, 09:33:51 PM
See, at first I kinda thought that was a very lulzy cop-out answer, but maybe they were trying to say that they couldn't come up with a creative way for animating Phoenix's legs?

It'd just be too funny if what they said was exactly what they meant. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #981 on: February 11, 2010, 12:36:39 AM
Couldnt animate his legs? WUT? youve got Frank west, another guy with normal legs, whats so hard about a guy in a blue suit? The more pressing issue would be what his moves would be. Im wondering how "OBJECTION!" would be factored in... XD

I think it has to do more with the whole "we have never even seen Wright move anything below his waist" thing :P

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #982 on: February 11, 2010, 01:03:44 AM
so? there is art of him below the waist, he is a normal human being, just make him move like one! That was a TERRIBLE excuse.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #983 on: February 11, 2010, 01:35:31 AM
Should've taken a page from the epic novel that is Futurama, and had a flying Bureaucrat desk. :P

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #984 on: February 11, 2010, 01:36:41 AM
Apparently I heard before that the Objection! speech bubble would be a move. Each syllable or whatever would be a hit of the combo.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline ST Jestah

• Procastinator Extraordinair
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Just chilling in the Nexus.
    • View Profile
Reply #985 on: February 11, 2010, 01:39:40 AM
- Ingrid from the Capcom Fighting Jam (Evolution) was the first test model for the game, but didn't make the final cut
- Phoenix Wright was another character that didn't make the cut, but he never made it to test model phase
- The team didn't know how to animate Phoenix's legs, so they considered having him in a drivable desk, but then ditched the whole idea for the character
HAHA! I'd loved to have seen Phoenix pulling of some hilariously awesome/ridiculous attacks and combos while ridding that monstrosity all over the place.
- Arthur from Ghouls 'n Ghosts was originally planned, including his own level, but he was also cut
Now that just makes me sad. I would have been throwing an unlimited supply of lances at my opponents, poking their eyes out, wearing nothing but boxers with hearts on it as I whistle to the main theme from his game.

Oh well, there's always the sequel.
- mini-games were mostly cut for the NA release due to time constraints
- Eighting said that including all characters in the mini-game wouldn't work, which is how we wound up with the 4 playable characters we have
I was dissapointed when I found out that they cut out the minigames from TatsuCap, they looked like fun. Didn't like the 4-player shooter we ended up with.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #986 on: February 11, 2010, 01:58:54 AM
I very well would have waited extra if it meant we would have gotten minigames.
Also, Arthur would make a great DLC, seeing as he is in Soki's ending. I mean, why the heck not?

His specials could involve some of the weapons he gets.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #987 on: February 11, 2010, 02:08:07 AM
I very well would have waited extra if it meant we would have gotten minigames.
Oh well, there's always the sequel.I was dissapointed when I found out that they cut out the minigames from TatsuCap, they looked like fun. Didn't like the 4-player shooter we ended up with.

You guys were not missing much (Rock's was incredibly lame), in fact, you got the best one anyways.

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #988 on: February 11, 2010, 02:15:05 AM
You guys were not missing much (Rock's was incredibly lame), in fact, you got the best one anyways.
That depends, one man's lame side game could be another man's great time killer.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #989 on: February 11, 2010, 02:29:47 AM
Counting kobuns?

Offline ST Jestah

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #990 on: February 11, 2010, 02:40:21 AM
...can't speak because he is literaly laughing his ass off

My word still stands, somewhere in this world (not japan, obviously), there's a person in a deep, deep depression because his/her copy of TatsuCap doesn't have Super Kobun Counting Action...somewhere...

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #991 on: February 11, 2010, 03:35:46 AM
The exclusion of Super Kobun Counting has ruined my life.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #992 on: February 11, 2010, 04:05:38 AM
Not only is that hilarious to imagine in TvC, but I'm wondering what other implications a "drivable desk" could have.  Suppose they did a Namco X Capcom sequel and had him driving Maya around as a passenger?  I can only imagine what kind of Multiple Assault they could whip out.

Sounds a lot like that "Peach not playable in NSMB Wii, because Nintendo can't animate dresses" bit. ^^;
She played just fine in the Smash Bros games and Mario USA, so why not in NSMB Wii? XD
Not to mention HER DRESS WAVES AS SHE FALLS IN THE ENDING.  I dunno, maybe they were worried about how she'd slide on hills?

I think the more pressing question is why Daisy wasn't invited to Peach's birthday party.  That [sonic slicer]. O:<

somewhere in this world (not japan, obviously), there's a person in a deep, deep depression because his/her copy of TatsuCap doesn't have Super Kobun Counting Action...

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #993 on: February 11, 2010, 05:52:56 AM
I shall now go cut myself over it.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #994 on: February 11, 2010, 12:05:46 PM
I think the more pressing question is why Daisy wasn't invited to Peach's birthday party.

Daisy was off actually being useful.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #995 on: February 12, 2010, 09:34:29 AM
Well darn it.
It would have been SO awesome. XD

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #996 on: February 12, 2010, 03:49:19 PM
So, aside from the sea of Zero users online (who didn't see this coming from a mile away?) is it just me or do they all kind of... suck? I mean, I use Zero too, sure, but these guys can't even do an air combo and are too busy trying to dash around or spamming "shippuga."

Not like it matters. I use Zero more as a battery for the Hyper Gauge only to bring in someone else to really do some punishment.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #997 on: February 12, 2010, 05:25:44 PM
So, aside from the sea of Zero users online (who didn't see this coming from a mile away?) is it just me or do they all kind of... suck? I mean, I use Zero too, sure, but these guys can't even do an air combo and are too busy trying to dash around or spamming "shippuga."

Not like it matters. I use Zero more as a battery for the Hyper Gauge only to bring in someone else to really do some punishment.
Then you are luckly dear sir, that you do not have the misfortune of finding the ones that start spamming Hadangeki when they are losing. They sure as hell suck, but then when you start kicking their ass and beat their other character...
HADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKI
HADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKIHADANGEKI

Offline AquaTeamV3

• Class SSS Digger
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Your friendly neighborhood digger!
    • View Profile
    • The Digger's Database
Reply #998 on: February 12, 2010, 06:11:14 PM
Eh, Zero takes damage like a kitten anyway, so once you get them off your back you can proceed to knock some sense into them.  I don't find projectile spam to be an effective tactic against me, as the shrew combination of double jumping and air-dashing can be used to play around the swarm of projectiles.

Also, here's a list of character health ratings if you were curious:
[spoiler]MOST HEALTH first

1.) Gold Lightan ~71,500hp

2.) PTX-40A ~65,000hp

3.) Alex, Tekkaman ~54,500hp

4.) Kaijin no Soki ~52,000hp

5.) Frank West, Tekkaman Blade, Casshan ~49,500hp

6.) Ryu, Batsu, Doronjo, Polimar ~48,000hp

7.) Chun Li, Viewtiful Joe, Ippatsuman ~46,000hp

8.) Morrigan, Saki, Joe the Condor, Jun the Swan, Ken the Eagle ~44,000hp

9.) Megaman Trigger, Yatterman-1, Yatterman-2 ~42,000hp

10.) Roll, Zero ~40,000hp

11.) "Karas Tier" Karas ~37,500[/spoiler]

PSN: AquaTeamV3
NNID: BaconStunner
GGPO: AquaTeamV3
My YouTube Channel
The Digger's Database (My Megaman Legends site)

Offline The Drunken Dishwasher

• ~Daydreamer~
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #999 on: February 12, 2010, 07:18:48 PM
People spam Hadangeki?

wow, this is news to me.  Everytime I face a Zero player, they already know the fun priority of his fierce attack.