Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

Setsuna F. Seiei · 155867

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: October 11, 2009, 02:00:00 PM
Indeed. Then again, officially, Batman is also dead, but we all know he'll come back eventually.

So, for now let's just go with "dead until further notice".
Except, Lelouch is NOT a superhero from American Comics(Tough he certainly dresses like one). Anime usually very rarely retcons death(if they are seinen, that is). R2 doesn't count, it was a failure.

Tough I wouldn't put it past Sunrise to bring him back. EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #226 on: October 11, 2009, 02:06:37 PM
(if they are seinen, that is)

Get 100 points.

Talk to the black ball in the room.

R2 doesn't count, it was a failure.

Then Lelouch is alive and well as of the conclusion of R1.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: October 11, 2009, 02:14:42 PM
Then Lelouch is alive and well as of the conclusion of R1.
Ho, ho. Mr. Nitpicker strikes again.
What I meant by "it doesn't count" is that it's not supposed to be included in the "no retconning death" thing. Because it was a failure. If everything went JUST AS PLANNED, for Taniguchi, then maybe even if Guilford(along with Nunnally and Sayoko) would be in a similar or the same situation, it would probably be actually properly explained, as in, how they [tornado fang]ing survived. Possibly. I like to believe this,

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #228 on: October 11, 2009, 02:19:28 PM
So? If a third season is ever made, that'd be the epitome of "NOT AS PLANNED", taking advantage of the very lack of explanation on certain things from R2 to do as they please.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #229 on: October 11, 2009, 04:57:51 PM
Well its not like they could just remake the entire second season, though I always wondered how sayoko, nunally and guilford made it out alive  when the bomb made a dbz like crater, IT JUST DOESENT MAKE SENSE!

Archer

Reply #230 on: October 11, 2009, 05:03:52 PM
Instant Transmission.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: October 11, 2009, 05:11:45 PM
Well its not like they could just remake the entire second season, though I always wondered how sayoko, nunally and guilford made it out alive  when the bomb made a dbz like crater, IT JUST DOESENT MAKE SENSE!

I believe the idea is that Nunnaly and Sayako left long before the bomb went off. And Guilford was on the very edge of it, before the blast radius collapsed, because communication was lost he was believed to have died.

Can't speak for Guilford's survival, but Nunnaly's survival was clearly planned for the dramatic revelation near the end.

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #232 on: October 11, 2009, 05:18:31 PM
I alo want to know who the girl character was going to be in what I like to call the "real" second season and what would have been.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: October 11, 2009, 10:05:57 PM
I alo want to know who the girl character was going to be in what I like to call the "real" second season and what would have been.

Wait, what? The only girl character who I can think of that exists but didn't play a part in the second season is Nonette. That Knight of Rounds from Lost Colors...

And as most of us know, the second season was supposed to start off directly from the cliffhanger of the first season. And Rolo was (Apparently) supposed to be Lelouch and Nunally's Half-Brother or something like that (I think im getting it messed up with NoN...). What I would like to know is why the [tornado fang] Kallen had 4 episodes using the Guren Flight-Enabled before she got captured, That seems like shitty pacing to me...

Aresian

Reply #234 on: October 11, 2009, 10:56:28 PM
Because everything is subjective, right? The Mario Brothers movie is just as good as Citizen Kane, it's all down to opinions! The director of the show may have been horribly ashamed of how it turned out but it's still not a bad show!

Exactly. Not much you can do about it either. Except for put snide remarks in, get pissy about it, or talk about how certain opinions out weight others.

But infact, no one's opinion outweights another, it all depends on what you give a [parasitic bomb] about. Kinda how I don't really give a [parasitic bomb] about what you have to say in this regard. I'm just musing you to give a point.

That said, a brilliant masterpiece could be made and the artist could STILL be ASHAMED of it. So... I doubt there is anything you can bring to the table that will refute this point, since it isn't refuteable. There are NO absolutes other than the fact we will ALL die one day. So, enjoy it while you can.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #235 on: October 12, 2009, 01:18:41 AM
Y'know, you don't really need to keep reminding me that you don't care what I think. I mean, I understood that you were way too tough and hardcore for that stuff the first time. I'm not gonna forget, I promise.

Aresian

Reply #236 on: October 12, 2009, 02:07:51 AM
Y'know, you don't really need to keep reminding me that you don't care what I think. I mean, I understood that you were way too tough and hardcore for that stuff the first time. I'm not gonna forget, I promise.

Not tough or hardcore, just easily irritated by certain things these days.

But never the less

I believe the idea is that Nunnaly and Sayako left long before the bomb went off. And Guilford was on the very edge of it, before the blast radius collapsed, because communication was lost he was believed to have died.

Can't speak for Guilford's survival, but Nunnaly's survival was clearly planned for the dramatic revelation near the end.

I still question this since Nunnaly and Sayako were both in the shiny white out during the explosion and what not. And Guilford uh... well, we kinda saw his mech disintegrate. Yeeeah... even I gotta say, that was hard to deny. Space Transfer is complicated though, so... yeeeeah.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: October 12, 2009, 03:38:58 AM
So apperently sunrise over board with the whole fleija explosion then they said "wait, if Nunally lives why not Sayoko and Gilford? Like I said, IT JUST DOESENT MAKE SENSE!

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: October 12, 2009, 04:03:31 PM
There were two shuttles in the landing bay, you can actually see it if you look close enough. The one Nunnally and Sayoko are on took of earlier, as later on when Rolo enters the bay, there's only one shuttle left. Since Rolo left right after that in a Sutherland, with Nunnally still alive, that shuttle could not have been hers since there's no way Rolo would have let her live.

Guilford's Vincent got hit by the blast and due to the radiation as well as the damage, communications died. You never see the entire Knightmare being disintregrated, and FLEIYA only has a limited expansion radius before it collapses again.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: October 12, 2009, 10:01:35 PM
jeebus, he whole "lol back from dead" [parasitic bomb] is still going on?

And officially Taneguchi and Okouchi have stated numerous times that Lelouch's official fate is "unknown" since god knows when. Okouchi himself even said that he WANTS to do more Geass.

The plot setting itself already existed within the end.

"The numbers were freed, but that doesn't mean people will let bygons be bygons".

There was also all the old plot lines Okouchi wanted to cover before the 2nd season canceled everything.

-Origin of Geass and the code bearers
-C.C.'s real name
-Anya's past
-Suzaku's inhuman abilities
-Cecily's past and relationship with Suzaku
-PUDDING!

There was like 10 more.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: October 12, 2009, 10:09:56 PM
-Origin of Geass and the code bearers

Amen.

-C.C.'s real name

C.C. is C.C., there's nothing more to it. Staff said it's not necessary to reveal it.

-Anya's past

Since Anya did not turn out the way the fake spoilers turned out to be (with her being the real Nunnally and all), I don't think it matters anymore.

-Suzaku's inhuman abilities

Geass user not bound to a contract, dropped for the series, but most of it actually can be read up in Suzaku of the Counterattack.

-Cecily's past and relationship with Suzaku

You get that in the penultimate picture drama of R2.

-PUDDING!

Really that important to know?

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: October 12, 2009, 10:22:18 PM
Originally there was more to the Anya plot than just what was revealed in show. Mainly there being a more "deeper" relationship to her with Lelouch.

Geass user not bound to a contract, dropped for the series, but most of it actually can be read up in Suzaku of the Counterattack.

He's not a geass user. The Manga had it as a Latent geass that manifested itself naturally. But Okouchi's commented on that not applying to the anime at all. He's said in the past, for the most part the mangas, as well as the novels/other books based on the show aren't what he would call canon.

Like in one of the old ones where Suzaku's father was going to have Nunnaly sold off to a whore house after he killed lelouch.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #242 on: October 12, 2009, 10:25:51 PM
Like in one of the old ones where Suzaku's father was going to have Nunnaly sold off to a whore house after he killed lelouch.

I recall that is actually canon. It's in the novels.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: October 12, 2009, 10:27:01 PM
I don't remember that! Was that in Stage 0? I never re-read that one because I like the other one better.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: October 12, 2009, 10:28:32 PM
I recall that is actually canon. It's in the novels.

The novels is what I was referring to. Okouchi can't say they're non-canon outright, but he did say years ago that they're not to be taken with much importance since they're not done by him or the main staff.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: October 12, 2009, 10:38:13 PM
I wonder why the games aren't really elaborated on... I don't know a lot of the story in the first DS game because of the language barrier. What are Pollux and Castor's plans and why do they have those odd Knightmares that merge into a huge Pegasus-esque Knightmare? I'm quite confused (Another bit of confusion is why the hell does the game force you to stop before the final battle is over? (As in having not recruited anybody except for the starter characters.).  o-O

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: October 12, 2009, 10:42:31 PM
The game came out before episodes 24-25 were completed. Castor and Pollux's plans were never really that delved into.

Though while the DS game and Lost colors are non-canon, They are however "official". Things like Rai, The Twins, and the Knightmares.

The alternate stories for the DS game were fun though.

GAWAIN VS GAWAIN
HEAVEN OR HELL
LET'S ROCK

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: October 12, 2009, 10:49:07 PM
Too bad Bartley can't pilot his Gawain for [parasitic bomb]. I don't even like using Lelouch because of how weak he is in the beginning (If I'm playing the "Canon" way, I don't bother upgrading his Burai as I find it a waste of Tune-Up Parts.) Kallen is definitley the person I tend to use most often. But that shouldn't surprise anybody...

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: October 12, 2009, 10:56:48 PM
yeah. Like in the anime Lelouch can't pilot for [parasitic bomb]. Even with Gawain, the most he can do is fight grunts. It's only a killer once C.C. becomes the pilot.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: October 12, 2009, 10:59:43 PM
Despite the fact that he is apparently a "Decent" pilot. He gets overshadowed by Douche-Zaku and Kallen. And the only good Knightmare he could actually decently pilot is pretty much a boring transport despite all of its cool attacks it can do.