• View Profile
Reply #175 on: December 04, 2008, 06:11:33 PM
Well, he is trying to become a Pokemon Master... 8D

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #176 on: December 04, 2008, 06:12:10 PM
You expected change in a show like Pokemon?

Oh yeah also, Earthquake or Stone Edge on my Gyarados? To go with Waterfall/Ice Fang/Dragon Dance. I'm thinking Earthquake, 'cause that 80% accuracy isn't too appealing, but, y'know, maybe someone has some amazing insight which will change my mind?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #177 on: December 04, 2008, 06:25:08 PM
In terms of weakness, Stone Edge is for birds, bugs, fire, ice.
Earthquake for fire, elecs, poison, rock, steel.

In my opinion, Earthquake covers more types that Stone Edge.
Earthquake is my choice.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #178 on: December 04, 2008, 06:28:49 PM
Yeah, but with Earthquake I've got nothing to take on enemy Gyarados and Zapdos. Though, well, I suppose I'd prefer losing 'cause I couldn't cover everything to losing 'cause my pokemon can't aim, so I'm probably gonna go with Earthquake anyway. Probably. I dunno.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #179 on: December 04, 2008, 06:31:26 PM
In the case of Zapdos, you still have Ice Fang to bite at him.

As for another Gyarados...
Dragon Dance + Waterfall (STAB)/Ice Fang (neutral damage) for some damage. -_-

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #180 on: December 04, 2008, 06:54:43 PM
Ice Fang won't take out a defensive Zapdos in one hit, though, and it's not like Gyarados is gonna get more than one try before it gets Thunderbolted.

Man, I should have picked a simpler game.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #181 on: December 04, 2008, 06:56:39 PM
I just watched the trailer, and was that Crescelia I saw at the end? The fact that Spear Pillar is important makes me 100% sure that this movie will be Palkia VS Dialga VS Darkrai VS Arceus XD

Seriously, you'd think they'd get tired of fighting for two movies straight XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #182 on: December 04, 2008, 07:09:33 PM
I think Dialga's the one that's tired... XD

DP10 - Dialga VS Palkia VS Darkrai
DP11 - Dialga VS Giratina VS Shaymin
DP12 - Dialga VS Palkia VS Giratina VS Arceus

Dialga sure got the short end of the stick. :P

The Cresselia is for an upcoming Pokemon episode, that's called "Cresselia VS Darkrai".,

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #183 on: December 04, 2008, 07:09:43 PM
I just watched the trailer, and was that Crescelia I saw at the end? The fact that Spear Pillar is important makes me 100% sure that this movie will be Palkia VS Dialga VS Darkrai VS Arceus XD

Seriously, you'd think they'd get tired of fighting for two movies straight XD

Hmm.. quite possible. I mean, Mewtwo gave up with his memory earasure habits on the 2nd movie he was in.  ::)

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #184 on: December 04, 2008, 09:18:47 PM
Ice Fang won't take out a defensive Zapdos in one hit, though, and it's not like Gyarados is gonna get more than one try before it gets Thunderbolted.

Man, I should have picked a simpler game.

Most Zapdos are sweeper-oriented. If you end up meeting one that doesn't take more than 50% once you use Dragon Dance, odds are it is defensive and you just should pray that it either uses Roost or that you live though T-Bolt.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #185 on: December 05, 2008, 02:40:50 AM
Personally I'd go with Earthquake.  The *ONLY* way Gyarados will survive against Zapdos is a Dragon Danced Stone Edge (otherwise he doesn't have the Speed to get a hit in no matter what), but with a 4x weakness looming I wouldn't chance 80% accuracy.  Not only that but the same argument could be applied for Earthquake against the likes of Electivire and Jolteon.  You'll also want it against Dialga, since the best you'll do otherwise is a neutral hit from Ice Fang.  On the other hand, both Zapdos and an opposing Gyarados are valid concerns, and Stone Edge's chance for a critical can also make a nice wall-breaker.

Pros and cons to each side, but if you go with Stone Edge I'd recommend pairing it with a Wide Lens.

There are two other alternatives to consider:  One is axing Ice Fang to go with both Earthquake and Stone Edge, since Grass doesn't resist Rock your only concern is a slight power loss with them and possible issues against a Stone Edge Garchomp.  The other is, if you intend to get Platinum whenever the heck it comes out here (or know someone who imported), go with Earthquake and Outrage.

Fun time on Battle Revolution today.  Toppled an all-legend team (Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, and Kygore).  Nothing like bringing down Kyogre with some DRAGONITE POWER! 8)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #186 on: December 05, 2008, 08:21:15 AM
Most Zapdos are sweeper-oriented. If you end up meeting one that doesn't take more than 50% once you use Dragon Dance, odds are it is defensive and you just should pray that it either uses Roost or that you live though T-Bolt.

Yeah, but, y'know, most pokemon aren't Zapdos, but that doesn't mean I'm gonna pretend they don't exist. Also I checked, and the only way Gyarados is gonna survive a min SPAtk IV/EV Zapdos's Thunderbolt is with ridiculous EV investment in SPDef, and, well, that's not happening.

Personally I'd go with Earthquake.  The *ONLY* way Gyarados will survive against Zapdos is a Dragon Danced Stone Edge (otherwise he doesn't have the Speed to get a hit in no matter what), but with a 4x weakness looming I wouldn't chance 80% accuracy.  Not only that but the same argument could be applied for Earthquake against the likes of Electivire and Jolteon.  You'll also want it against Dialga, since the best you'll do otherwise is a neutral hit from Ice Fang.  On the other hand, both Zapdos and an opposing Gyarados are valid concerns, and Stone Edge's chance for a critical can also make a nice wall-breaker.

Well, Orb Gyarados can kill Electivire with Waterfall after a DD, and Jolteon's gonna go first and kill me no matter what, so I'm not hugely concerned about those two. Earthquake would be nice against a few guys, though, especially if I haven't had time to get a DD up. Hmm.

There are two other alternatives to consider:  One is axing Ice Fang to go with both Earthquake and Stone Edge, since Grass doesn't resist Rock your only concern is a slight power loss with them and possible issues against a Stone Edge Garchomp.

Somehow that never occured to me. That's... Hmm. Hmm hmm hmm. I'll have to think about this. Hmm.

The other is, if you intend to get Platinum whenever the heck it comes out here (or know someone who imported), go with Earthquake and Outrage.

Wait what it gets Outrage? Man, everything gets Outrage in Platinum. :/

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #187 on: December 05, 2008, 08:21:31 PM
I know, damn move tutors.  That's one of Dragonite's big selling points out the window (and I STILL don't have my Crystal Extremespeed Dragonite back!), but at least he'll be getting Superpower to make up for it.  Tyranitar will ph33r it.

Well, Orb Gyarados can kill Electivire with Waterfall after a DD, and Jolteon's gonna go first and kill me no matter what, so I'm not hugely concerned about those two.
Actually that depends on your Nature.  Barring some stat boost of its own, Jolteon's Speed can go no higher than 394.  If you go for a +Speed Nature on Gyarados (which you'd probably want to consider anyway for the sake of nailing Aerodactyl and Crobat), your max is 287, which makes 430 after Dragon Dance.  That's plenty of room to work with, only without the Speed Nature does Gyarados come up short against them after Dragon Dance, and even then it's only by 3 points.

Although less likely, you might also want to make a note of Electrode, capping Speed at 416.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #188 on: December 05, 2008, 08:45:36 PM
I kind of already went Adamant, so, well, yeah. Whoops.

Speaking of Outrage, though, I looked and even Tropius gets it now. Tropius. I mean, I guess I'd be angry too if I was a banana tree/dinosaur hybird, but damn.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #189 on: December 05, 2008, 09:00:24 PM
My personal favorite is the ticking time-bomb of fury that is the Outrage Horsea.  Clean up those damn oceans already!

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #190 on: December 05, 2008, 09:11:24 PM
Outrage Munchlax. D:

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #191 on: December 06, 2008, 04:13:43 AM
Pointless update: Now I'm just missing two members leveling up and getting certain skills and 2 others that I happen to be getting from people wanting to trade with me XD My team's getting more complete by the minute.

Offline Seanizzle126

• Master of the AZELFS.
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #192 on: December 06, 2008, 04:18:48 AM
I really wan't Platinum to come out :/

On Shoddy battle every team I have battled has 3 pokes

1.Scizor (Who I believe is broken with Bullet Punch)
2.Zapdos (Counter #1 to Scizor)
3.Heatran (Counter #2 to Scizor)

People are so unoriginal these days.
Seems like I am one of the only people to use any UU pokes :[

Sean is back!
Formally Seanrocks126!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #193 on: December 06, 2008, 05:58:09 AM
Ugh, great.  I love Scizor, and Bullet Punch on him is awesome, but now when I use it I'll feel like some unoriginal schmuck who wouldn't know a new strategy if it bit him in the ass (amazing how many team-raters fit into that category).  Knowing Shoddy he'll probably be deemed Uber if somebody doesn't come up with a lot more ways to break him.

Although I kinda lack sympathy towards you, Sean, because I fail to see how a Bullet Punch Scizor is any more cheap than an Ice Shard Mamoswine. :P  But honestly, as if nobody can find more than two things that scare Scizor...

Oh well, one more reason for me to stick with Doubles.  I'll only have a few alterations to make when Platinum hits.  And for Singles, I can always go with my current Scyther build for (sort of) originality.

Offline Seanizzle126

• Master of the AZELFS.
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #194 on: December 06, 2008, 01:14:37 PM
Ugh, great.  I love Scizor, and Bullet Punch on him is awesome, but now when I use it I'll feel like some unoriginal schmuck who wouldn't know a new strategy if it bit him in the ass (amazing how many team-raters fit into that category).  Knowing Shoddy he'll probably be deemed Uber if somebody doesn't come up with a lot more ways to break him.

Although I kinda lack sympathy towards you, Sean, because I fail to see how a Bullet Punch Scizor is any more cheap than an Ice Shard Mamoswine. :P  But honestly, as if nobody can find more than two things that scare Scizor...

Oh well, one more reason for me to stick with Doubles.  I'll only have a few alterations to make when Platinum hits.  And for Singles, I can always go with my current Scyther build for (sort of) originality.

It is cheaper because Scizor has technician which raises the moves power and he get's swords dance, therefor allowing him to sweep teams easily.
And no Scizor will not become Uber trust me. I have been seeing so much in the metagame lately I know he won't be uber. Right now on Smogon Shaymin Sky Form has a poll open to see if it is Uber or not. I voted Uber.

Sean is back!
Formally Seanrocks126!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #195 on: December 06, 2008, 06:03:02 PM
I see your point.  Never noticed that Mamoswine lacked Swords Dance.

Offline Seanizzle126

• Master of the AZELFS.
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #196 on: December 06, 2008, 08:24:31 PM
Yeah plus Scizor is bulky.

I seriously hate that thing now :[

Sean is back!
Formally Seanrocks126!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #197 on: December 06, 2008, 08:48:16 PM
Investing in Wide Lens/Will-O-Wisp might not be a bad idea....

For the sake of being different, one could try going with an Intimidate Arcanine.  In fact, I've been thinking of putting together a Singles team, so that might be something for me to try.

Offline Seanizzle126

• Master of the AZELFS.
  • Cyberelf
    • View Profile
Reply #198 on: December 06, 2008, 09:05:12 PM
I am so used to playing by standard rules it is hard for me to make a ubers team.

Sean is back!
Formally Seanrocks126!

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #199 on: December 06, 2008, 10:26:30 PM
Well, can't help you there.  You know me, I resent the "all or none" approach that the competitive community takes on Ubers.  I use one; no more, no less.  The only exception I'd ever make is if using a gimmicky team (ie: all Dragon).