X9: Will it ever be?

AdamTheHedgehog · 44372

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: March 15, 2009, 08:24:04 PM
They also need to come up with a game between Zero 4 and ZX; how did Ciel get ahold of Zero's data to make the Biometal? Just how the heck did Zero lose his body but gain a new one? Even if they just released a manga stating all this I'd be happy.

Just like she got the data of X and the Big4: she accessed Cyberspace.

I never did get why they completely trashed Zero's ending in X6, but I remember someone saying something about how that they MAY not be canon, and the events may have happened farther into the future (though, I doubt it was too far, isn't the Zero series about 200 years after the X series?)

It's been pretty much pieced together that this sealing we see in X6 is an event taking place in the future of the X series. When Zero finds out about his unconscious spread of the Sigma Virus all over the world while being on Hunter duty, he submitted himself to a research facility which would eventually create the Motherelf. Then four years later, he would seal himself again after the end of the Elf War. And Rockman ZERO takes place 100 years after the Elf War, so presumably somewhen around in the 2300s, IF the Elf War still took place in 22XX (since Command Mission was in the early 23rd Century).

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: March 15, 2009, 08:31:16 PM
I say keep Axl, but make him useful. I can't be the only one wondering why he's back up and running in Command Mission.

PB's right; hell, I'm starting to wonder if the fans want novels instead of games now. Literal novels that take me a thousand years to read because I'm easily distracted.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: March 15, 2009, 08:32:02 PM
but honestly, it's a video game. 

Not just a videogame, but Mega Man!

The games were never that great at storytelling.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: March 15, 2009, 08:42:12 PM
Maybe canon-logically speaking he never did die in X3. After all, didn't you have to trigger his death by playing as him right at that moment?
he meant Sigma. how did Sigma come back after being trashed by Dopplers Antivirus.

also, I sometimes feel like the only person in the world that actually realized that Zero's X6 sealing DOES NOT take place right after the game but at some later point in time.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: March 15, 2009, 08:43:03 PM
Not just a videogame, but Mega Man!

The games were never that great at storytelling.

It's why I love the Classic series so very much.  I mean, besides Blues.  It's why MM9 was just so [tornado fang]ing awesome! XD

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #80 on: March 15, 2009, 08:45:55 PM
It's why I love the Classic series so very much.  I mean, besides Blues.  It's why MM9 was just so [tornado fang]ing awesome! XD

Amen~ ^^ gameplay, music and lovely art before story~

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: March 15, 2009, 08:46:54 PM
how did Sigma come back after being trashed by Dopplers Antivirus.

simple. either Sigma evolved to counteract the antivirus, or Doppler [tornado fang]'d up while making the antivirus.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: March 15, 2009, 08:47:35 PM
in b4 Sigma cloning...

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: March 15, 2009, 08:49:22 PM
Amen~ ^^ gameplay, music and lovely art before story~

Truth. Even though I enjoy a good (enough) yarn in my games, it's ultimately the game itself that I'm interested in. The excessive want for a cohesive story in the X series though makes me wonder how it could ever be handled well enough without the fan base getting up in arms over it.

Then again, there's always Ariga for a Rockman X9 Megamix. 8D

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: March 15, 2009, 08:50:17 PM
simple. either Sigma evolved to counteract the antivirus, or Doppler [tornado fang]'d up while making the antivirus.

Or it's simply the next X game and Sigma's back again for villainous purposes!   8D

Offline Sky Child

• urine jokes
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: March 15, 2009, 08:50:32 PM
Shooting now, explanation later.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: March 15, 2009, 08:52:35 PM
in b4 Sigma cloning...

wait, what...?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline VixyNyan

• RPM Ecchi Princess
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: March 15, 2009, 08:54:17 PM

(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: March 15, 2009, 08:59:51 PM
he meant Sigma. how did Sigma come back after being trashed by Dopplers Antivirus.

Sigma's a virus. Do you really think he gathers his entire essence in just one place when there's still a chance of getting defeated by X?

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #89 on: March 15, 2009, 10:11:15 PM
...because it was bad at storytelling? I don't follow.
Or it's simply the next X game and Sigma's back again for villainous purposes!   8D
These are about equally satisfying :/
Sigma's a virus. Do you really think he gathers his entire essence in just one place when there's still a chance of getting defeated by X?
coughmooncough

(that is, i dont see why the moon would screw him over any more than previous 'certain death's, yet everyone is saying "oh no, sigma is really dead this time.", which just strikes me as horribly naive somehow)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: March 15, 2009, 10:12:28 PM
...because it was bad at storytelling? I don't follow.

Because it didn't really care about storytelling.  XD

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: March 15, 2009, 10:13:22 PM
...because it was bad at storytelling? I don't follow.These are about equally satisfying :/coughmooncough

(that is, i dont see why the moon would screw him over any more than previous 'certain death's, yet everyone is saying "oh no, sigma is really dead this time.", which just strikes me as horribly naive somehow)
becuz, Lumine said so.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: March 15, 2009, 10:18:19 PM
You know, sometimes, I read threads like this and imagine what would happen if other franchises tried to input stories into their games. I'd love to see how many eloquent debates would be had with like let's say the Mario series in that case. XD

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: March 15, 2009, 10:27:38 PM
Zelda.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: March 15, 2009, 10:36:58 PM
Maybe canon-logically speaking he never did die in X3. After all, didn't you have to trigger his death by playing as him right at that moment?

Doppler's anti-virus is used regardless of what you do in the game. Zero applies the program to the Z-saber or Doppler uses it directly on Sigma.

Of course, Sigma Virus appeared in material form to attack X and subsequently proclaimed to possess him, he had to give it his all.

Not to mention, Sigma himself commented on how his program was fading.

I´m still wondering how he came back after that

Thanks to Tackione, Enemice HL revived Sigma using the Sigma Chip.

The plot and initial setting of Z1 was vastly different from the actual game, which had been heavily modified to work with the Zero Ending of X6 (Z1 was already in production when Capcom decided to make X6, but came out after X6. X6 was November 2001, Z1 April 2002). Originally, Ciel was supposed to be something like a Cyber Necromancer who would use Cyberelves to bring back Zero from the grave. But since X6 established Zero as still alive, only to seal himself again in the end, the way Zero was put into this story was altered to make sense with his X6 ending. Too bad X7 ruined it all.

The original setting of the ZERO-series did not have Zero. By Inafune's demand they put Zero into that as the main character.

Ciel's was called a "Soul Summoner" and Cyber Elves were "Replisoul." But that says nothing about how Zero's resurrection was different. The only quote we have on that matter is Inafune saying his story for Zero no longer made sense thanks to X6.

As it is, we can only theorize how Zero was supposed to be revived originally. But we also know that Inti themselves did not establish the intricate backstory of the world right away, as such, no grand plan was ever behind it all.

X6's ending doesn't fit well with the beginning of Zero 1 either; Zero went to sleep after the Elf Wars, so how could he have been sleeping if he was helping X fight in that battle?

X6 to ZERO1 make perfect sense together. Both say Zero has been sleeping since the Irregular Wars in which he fought alongside X to save the world. Elf Wars and the like were additions of ZERO2 and ZERO3. What you're talking about is the complicated connection as it is today, not how it was when ZERO1 was first made. Back when ZERO1 was made the connection between X6 and ZERO1 was immediate. Nowadays X6 is simply the first step in a complicated chain of events that leads into ZERO1.

If anything, what they need to do in X9 is: kill of Axl; he had no part to play in the Elf Wars, so he has to be gone by then, be it by death or simple resignation. They also need to have the start of the Elf Wars thrown in there. I don't care if the battle just starts when the game ends, but it HAS to be thrown in there somewhere. That way, there's a perfect tie-in into the Zero series, and less questions can be raised.

The Elf Wars is more than half a century after Zero sealing himself. Where we are right now is X8. The century changes, XCM, a long time passes and only then does Zero seal himself. It is then that we still need to cover half a century and end the irregular wars and then start the Elf Wars. Why should X9 get anywhere near to all that? The Elf Wars is explicitly a story from the ZERO-series, not the X-series.

For a seamless connection, all we need nowadays is Zero's shocking revelation which leads to his admission into the research institute, his sealing. That's all that's needs to be done; cementing when the seal occurs and why.

Everything else, Axl, the New Gens, might be untold of in ZERO-series backstory, but that does not means they have no part to play in it. Infact, everything is strongly set up for all of that to play a crucial part. That crucial part will be what X9, even X10 and XCM2, are to cover.

As for whatever happened after Zero's seal. Those are stories not to be told by the X-series. Plenty of information has already been revealed by the ZERO-series. If you need more than that, than that falls outside of the scope of both series, they are a separate entity of itself.

They also need to come up with a game between Zero 4 and ZX; how did Ciel get ahold of Zero's data to make the Biometal?

There is no game conflict between ZERO4 and ZX, the backstory is to be revealed as the ZX-series continues.

Yea, I said that Zero's X6 Ending "might have" happened way farther into the future.

Not 'might', 'is' in the future. Perfect Memories itself says Zero's reason for sealing and being in the ZERO-series are revealed in X7. Ariquick's words, Zero's dreams, all of it leads into Zero's seal. By extension, the event of X8 and XCM are also stepping stones to the day that Zero seals himself. Only after Zero seals himself does the intricate backstory the official complete works spells out take place.

I can't be the only one wondering why he's back up and running in Command Mission.

X in X8: "Axl has taken damage, but he's fine."

He recovered, been fighting, got promoted, separated from X and ZERO, and XCM happened. Whatever ominous thing Lumine planned either happened and got dealt with, or is still supposed to happen.

There's plenty of reasons why Sigma is dead. First and foremost, CAPCOM SAID SO.

And remember Sigma not being the final boss of X8 and being completely absent from XCM?

You know, sometimes, I read threads like this and imagine what would happen if other franchises tried to input stories into their games. I'd love to see how many eloquent debates would be had with like let's say the Mario series in that case. Laughing

Plenty of Mario games have stories. Just nothing with a particular timeline. Zelda doesn't have one either, but it tries to make people believe it exists.

On the other hand, Sonic and Metroid have stories and proper timelines, but they all have their issues, just like Rockman. Between those, I'd say Rockman's been doing the best job.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: March 15, 2009, 10:39:44 PM
On the other hand, Sonic and Metroid have stories and proper timelines, but they all have their issues, just like Rockman. Between those, I'd say Rockman's been doing the best job.

Hmmm, it might be a toss up between Rockman & Metroid.  But for the most part, I agree with this statement.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: March 15, 2009, 10:40:47 PM
Plenty of Mario games have stories. Just nothing with a particular timeline. Zelda doesn't have one either, but it tries to make people believe it exists.

Oh I definitely know this, agree and respect the people that make it all flow together well, but sometimes, doesn't it ever get slightly tiresome to hear the same debates over and over again? XD

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: March 15, 2009, 10:53:34 PM
There's plenty of reasons why Sigma is dead. First and foremost, CAPCOM SAID SO.

And remember Sigma not being the final boss of X8 and being completely absent from XCM?
He's dead until further notice, no doubt about that, but... how's that different from before?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: March 15, 2009, 10:57:54 PM
"Ariquick"?
also, i thought the mangas weren't Canon?
whenever someone brings up the Mangas for an explanation, they get the "oh the mangas were licensed by Capcom, doesn't mean they are canon."

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: March 15, 2009, 11:02:30 PM
He's dead until further notice, no doubt about that, but... how's that different from before?
because he never really "died" before. he was just defeated. you must remember, that Sigma's true form is that of the Virus. his Bodies are simply shells that hold him. when they are broken, he leaves and has a new one made.
Kill the Virus and you kill Sigma. X5 sort of applies. he overused his virus, his essence, and therefore, when he was defeated, he did not have enough of it, if any at all, to revive.

remember, X5 was supposed to be the end. Sigma DID die when you beat him in X5. gate revived him the same way he revived his fallen reploids.

Also, in X8, what blew up WAS that virus. his very body in X8 is the virus in a humanoid form with metal scraps and that core holding it all together.