Quick Question

Slash Man · 42975

Offline Shinichameleon / Nayim

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: March 12, 2009, 01:14:12 PM
That's the most reasonable explanation I've heard for it.

Why Thank you 8)

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: March 14, 2009, 12:25:04 AM
Not only that cheapens the impact of the scene

I don't see the scene's drama being about anything other than Wily having attained a very powerful robot. The scene is not so much about GutsMan the character being kidnapped as it is about the power of GutsMan being obtained by Wily for his new nefarious plan.

it makes no sense

That goes both ways, Wily should have needed neither a copy nor the original to begin with if you're going to reason that he chould have just made an entirely new robot. That he opted instead to take the GutsMan from the robot museum is just Wily taking several shortcuts to save time and effort.

As for Cut Man and Wood Man, I vaguely recall reading in a site (Rockman Robot Centre?) that the two were also stolen from the museum, just before Guts Man (explaining their presence in MM8). If someone else can confirm that...

CutMan's RRC entry makes no mention of any of that.

As for GutsMan;

http://web.archive.org/web/20050308021920/rockmanvortex.com/rrc/charg/drn/drn4.html

He resents GutsMan G. Also,

http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guts_Man_G

It's a copy.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: March 15, 2009, 03:31:31 AM
Hey, doesn't that same site also say that CutMan and WoodMan were stolen in RockMan 7?

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: March 15, 2009, 02:58:39 PM
But it's not in the profiles, it's conjecture based on 3 broken display cases and Wood and Cut's appearance in R8. It's however strongly implicated that GutsMan G is a copy, and it's strongly implicated Wood and Cut are originals. If the bodies come from the robot museum, then Wily had to obtain their brain chips, but by SAR's account, these robots are still active.

Offline Bag of Magic Food

• Neo Arcadian
  • Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse
    • View Profile
Reply #79 on: March 16, 2009, 05:43:05 AM
Okay, here's how I'm imagining the scene now: Dr. Wily wants to upgrade GutsMan, but he can't find the real GutsMan, or the real GutsMan wouldn't agree to it.  So Wily breaks into the museum to grab their lifeless copy of GutsMan to refurbish into a new working robot, but he's in such a hurry that his flying saucer crashes through a few other display cases and knocks their contents out of view.

Offline Zechs

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
    • Simply-Crestfallen.
Reply #80 on: March 16, 2009, 10:41:02 AM
Why assume Wily had something to do with the broken capsules? Being in the background during gameplay, it could have been anything. Not just the assumed path.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: March 21, 2009, 11:38:09 PM
Okay, here's how I'm imagining the scene now: Dr. Wily wants to upgrade GutsMan, but he can't find the real GutsMan, or the real GutsMan wouldn't agree to it.  So Wily breaks into the museum to grab their lifeless copy of GutsMan to refurbish into a new working robot, but he's in such a hurry that his flying saucer crashes through a few other display cases and knocks their contents out of view.
first of ll, Wily doesnt care for permission. if HE wants it done, he will do it, regadless of what Gutsman wants.
also, why does it have to be because he was in a hurry? after all, he did ATTACK the museum. there are guards and such, and he made sure he made his intentions clear. plus, didnt he activate that clown robot?

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: March 22, 2009, 01:20:54 AM
I'd say Wily attacking the museum was the quickest solution to getting a GutsMan base to convert to GutsManG. Building one from scratch takes too long and attacking the activated GutsMan can prove dangerous with such little time to prepare.

As a side note, there's TWO PlantMans in the museum..

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: March 22, 2009, 11:17:38 AM
And Wily didnĀ“t have enough resources to make a full robot from scratch, since he had to use his own car to build Turboman

Offline Gotham Ranger

• Magic Everywhere In This Bitch
  • Master's Unit
  • Ooo, shiny~
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: March 22, 2009, 11:55:10 AM
Its Megaman. Stop making sense of it. Its all in one simple, easy solution.

Wily does whatever he damn well pleases.

And nano-bots.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: March 22, 2009, 01:30:01 PM
Anyway, is this "Quick Question" right? Maybe i question too, here this:
I remember about Megaman Power Battle, when you finished Duo's story, there are mention "Alien energy", who, where or what? If  "Alien energy" really exist, does it mean Duo more like Ra Mu & Stardroids which is they creator are unknown prefer as "alien", then countinue with Megaman X's storyline, play X5 with X only without playing Zero & Dr.Light (Ghost form) came fix it, ghost cannot fix robot :\, maybe in X6 Zero's ending also mention about Mysteries Scientist, maybe he who fixed X :\

BTW plz, i don't want fight in this "forum" which mean i looked feel stupid to ask this question..as if :o
What about you Zan? Maybe you can figure it out :(.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: March 22, 2009, 03:13:10 PM
Alien Energy

The Alien Energy is the energy which can be found inside of Duo's people and the evil equivalent. Duo has Alien Energy called "Justice Energy". His evil counterpart's alien energy is called "Evil Energy."

Justice Energy and Evil Energy are two different types of the Alien Energy. But Justice and Evil also applies to non-alien energy. For instance, all humans contain Evil Energy within them (and by extension also Justice to balance it out). Rockman has strong Justice Energy and very little Evil Energy. Even Forte has traces of Justice Energy, despite previously abusing the alien evil energy.

Ra Mu

Ra Mu is SSR2's final boss. Ra Moon is SAR's final boss. The Space Rulers and Ra Moon do not appear to have the Alien Energy that Duo and his counterpart have. But they should still have a form of evil and justice energy within them, which would be of alien origin, just not the same alien origin as Duo.

then countinue with Megaman X's storyline, play X5 with X only without playing Zero & Dr.Light (Ghost form) came fix it, ghost cannot fix robot Undecided, maybe in X6 Zero's ending also mention about Mysteries Scientist, maybe he who fixed X Undecided

How'd you go from alien energy to the X series?...

Dr. Right fixed X as a hologram because in the 0-space, programs are able to materialize themselves in reality. X6's mysterious scientist really isn't mysterious, he's just the Repliroid scientist responsible for both the times Zero was sealed to lead into the ZERO-series. He's just a "Doctor", without further importance until the story starts to develop him more.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: March 22, 2009, 04:28:51 PM
Hmm....good point but i still confuse about hologram part :P but anyway here the last question from my friends:
Why Shadowman weakness is Top Spin (is this question right?)

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: March 22, 2009, 05:29:11 PM
Hmm....good point but i still confuse about hologram part :P but anyway here the last question from my friends:
Why Shadowman weakness is Top Spin (is this question right?)
To make him hurl and sick.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: March 27, 2009, 11:56:20 AM
To make him hurl and sick.

Ah....i forget to reply this...
Shadowman is a ninja & Topman is a top spin... ninja afraid top spin ::) maybe shuriken cannot attack top spin while spinnig...i guess :P.

Offline Robert Oakes

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: March 27, 2009, 12:58:25 PM
I forgot about this thread.

I don't see the scene's drama being about anything other than Wily having attained a very powerful robot. The scene is not so much about GutsMan the character being kidnapped as it is about the power of GutsMan being obtained by Wily for his new nefarious plan.

I disagree, I think there is drama in Mega Man being unable to stop Wily from taking one of his siblings for evil intent once again (which would add further reason to his outburst at the end of the game).

That goes both ways, Wily should have needed neither a copy nor the original to begin with if you're going to reason that he chould have just made an entirely new robot. That he opted instead to take the GutsMan from the robot museum is just Wily taking several shortcuts to save time and effort.

I question the logic in saving time and effort by going out of your way to steal a museum replica, since it could've been made of clay for all we know. The only reason it could be worth for Wily to even bother breaking into the museum to take the robot would be if it was either the original or a functional copy (and it would be a total waste to built one just to put it up for display).

As for GutsMan;

http://web.archive.org/web/20050308021920/rockmanvortex.com/rrc/charg/drn/drn4.html

He resents GutsMan G. Also,

http://www.themmnetwork.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guts_Man_G

It's a copy.

Although I consider Mega Man Network a reliable site, this is inconsistent with their Guts Man page where they state Guts Dozer and Guts Man G as rebuilt versions of Guts Man. The statement of Guts Man resenting Guts Man G could be interpreted as an experience which he regrets, so... which source confirms it's a copy? If it's official, then it's official (even if there is lack of internal logic to it).

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: March 27, 2009, 01:43:57 PM
Ah....i forget to reply this...
Shadowman is a ninja & Topman is a top spin... ninja afraid top spin ::) maybe shuriken cannot attack top spin while spinnig...i guess :P.
Well, maybe the top spin can deflect the shurikens while it's spinning.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: March 27, 2009, 04:39:01 PM
I disagree, I think there is drama in Mega Man being unable to stop Wily from taking one of his siblings for evil intent once again (which would add further reason to his outburst at the end of the game).

From an explicit game perspective, the point of including that scene is to raise questions as to what Wily is planning with the GutsMan. If it was all just about the siblings appearing again and doing evil, then they would have just appeared at random without such an introduction, after all, it's overdone and is not special within the series. See World and R8.

In this case, they added this scene to make you feel and think about what's coming sooner or later; the built up to the battle with GutsMan modified to GutsMan G. There is no definite need for it to be the original. As the original, the drama of "why is GutsMan deactivated?!" conflicts with the drama of "Wily is taking my brother!". A scene in which the original GutsMan is brought to his knees after failing to stop Wily is far more dramatic toward that end.

Besides, two PlantMans.

I question the logic in saving time and effort by going out of your way to steal a museum replica, since it could've been made of clay for all we know. The only reason it could be worth for Wily to even bother breaking into the museum to take the robot would be if it was either the original or a functional copy (and it would be a total waste to built one just to put it up for display).

As has been proven by World4, the museum robots are all functional. Just being on display does not mean they'll never move. Besides, your own logic applies to the original, why would they have a functional original there? It's far more of a waste to remove the original GutsMan from his job than it is to built a display copy.

this is inconsistent with their Guts Man page where they state Guts Dozer and Guts Man G as rebuilt versions of Guts Man.

When it comes down to it, the minor enemy pages are more consistent than the boss pages. Given the way AF's encyclopedia was integrated into MMN.

Either way, GutsMan was alive and well when Wily built the Guts Dozer/Tank. (R1/RR to R2) The meaning of "rebuilt" here is not "repair", it is "building again from the same plans." There's no mention of it being the same mind and are explicitly said to be other forms. Guts Tank entry also explicitly says it is just modeled after Guts Man.

The statement of Guts Man resenting Guts Man G could be interpreted as an experience which he regrets, so...

They're referred to as "creations"  not "his own body getting mangled."

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: March 28, 2009, 01:01:41 PM
Well, maybe the top spin can deflect the shurikens while it's spinning.

Maybe your right :).

Offline Sniper X

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: March 28, 2009, 01:07:37 PM

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: March 28, 2009, 01:14:19 PM

Offline BaconMan

• Robot Master
  • Get Equipped With Bacon Slice
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: April 08, 2009, 02:45:24 PM
I think I've been nailed with a blade while spinning. Also, I believe ShadowMan gets motion sickness from spinning (hence the weakness). Well, that, and it's just freaking hard to land sometimes.

• A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: April 08, 2009, 03:02:51 PM
I think I've been nailed with a blade while spinning. Also, I believe ShadowMan gets motion sickness from spinning (hence the weakness). Well, that, and it's just freaking hard to land sometimes.

You mean from Deviantart MM3 chain weakness, right?

Offline BaconMan

• Robot Master
  • Get Equipped With Bacon Slice
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: April 08, 2009, 03:30:31 PM
You mean from Deviantart MM3 chain weakness, right?

Huh? There's a DA of that? Link plz. :)

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #99 on: April 08, 2009, 04:03:05 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~