Setsuna F. Seiei · 282139

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1000 on: April 04, 2013, 06:43:56 AM
That Base Jabber image looks like it was made in Google Sketch-Up.  I'll wait for an actual photo before I start getting excited.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1001 on: April 04, 2013, 02:15:25 PM
Quickman likes dem Jabbers?

Also,
Also, lol online exclusive, you get used to that pain in this hobby.
I already know the pains of online exclusivity, but it's worth it.
This... Luckily I'm not deep into HGs.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #1002 on: April 04, 2013, 03:59:01 PM
Premium Bandai is a terrible place... terrible...

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Archer

Reply #1003 on: April 05, 2013, 06:02:47 AM

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1004 on: April 05, 2013, 03:26:43 PM
That Base Jabber image looks like it was made in Google Sketch-Up.  I'll wait for an actual photo before I start getting excited.
Well, the link has updated with the real Jabber now, with multiple positions.
Link below:
... I... I'm at a loss for words here.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1005 on: April 05, 2013, 04:33:12 PM
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/130402
Not what I was thinking of, but okay...

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1006 on: April 05, 2013, 04:40:51 PM
Ahaha, Revoltech Woody wants a piece of Link.
In more ways than one.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #1007 on: April 06, 2013, 02:30:34 AM
http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/blog/130402
Not what I was thinking of, but okay...

I want one.

Then I can start having my figures sitting on stuff that isn't the edges of my shelfs (Safely of course, they're held up by a stand.) or on boxes.

Oh, and Mewtwo arrived today. His arm doesn't like the shadow ball that much.

Posted on: April 05, 2013, 03:05:50 PM
Not sure if anybody really cares except for me, but Bandai's stepping up the Sentai releases in the S.H. Figuarts line, going on how the previous releases (These being Dekaranger, Boukenger and Jetman) were handled, I take it the current stuff is thanks to Akibaranger Season 2.

Main things that stand out:

-The rest of the Zyurangers (MMPR) have been unveiled, but the only pictures are really blurry low-quality stuff. Bet on these to be Web Exclusives, but also bet on american releases.
-The rest of the Jetman team has been shown too, again, bet on Web exclusives.
-HurricaneRed (Ninja Storm) unveiled, so he's probably in Akibaranger, chances are the other members of the team (Save for Green Samurai and Maybe the Crimson and Navy Blue) will be Web Exclusive.
-RyuuRed (Dairanger) shown, he's apparently in next weeks Akiba, Kibaranger (MMPR White) was shown too, so naturally he'll get a US release too.

While these will probably all get US releases in some form, chances are they'll have to cut out any special Akibaranger Accessories like they did last year because of Toei being unreasonable.

Wow that was a lot of [parasitic bomb] to write.

Edit: Said blurry as [tornado fang] picture.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1008 on: April 06, 2013, 05:46:40 AM
I doubt they'll do the Zeo Gold Ranger, but man would I love a figure of him!

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1009 on: April 06, 2013, 05:54:02 AM
They'll probably get to everything eventually.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1010 on: April 06, 2013, 05:57:13 AM
GO GOLD RANGER!!!  8)

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1011 on: April 06, 2013, 08:08:12 AM
You got my attention on Sentai, but not on SHF. I don't have any SHFs, but Bluefin are doing a good job with the Jetmen from what I saw.
I might have to amend my lack of SHFs for Ryuranger (:P) though

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1012 on: April 07, 2013, 09:05:57 AM
I might have to amend my lack of SHFs for Ryuranger (:P) though

Yeah I took that info Dump from 4chan as is, so anything that's named wrong, they did it first.

Posted on: April 06, 2013, 01:45:35 AM
I'm sure you guys already know this and such... but Ultimate Armor X is the real design for the new D-Arts.

Real [tornado fang]ing lame. I mean it was either this or MMZ Zero, since Bandai believes that "lol girls aren't popular", but still, its another damn X.

Well I guess it'll look nice or something. I'll still probably buy it.

And I guess Sigma IS going to come out, but he's not going to be a poseable. He's going to be a Figuarts ZERO.

Laaaame. Figuarts Zero look like [parasitic bomb] 9 times out of 10. And since its basically a scale now, guess I'm not getting him.

Maybe you dumbasses should've made him smaller.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1013 on: April 07, 2013, 09:12:26 AM
I'm fine with it. Ultimate Armor is best Armor.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1014 on: April 07, 2013, 09:15:45 AM
In all honesty I just wanted another Roll since my Model kit of her has bad legs.

Or maybe I just want more females.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1015 on: April 07, 2013, 12:48:49 PM
We really didn't need ANOTHER Roll when we just got the Model kit Roll. I would say we didn't need Rock either, but IMO the Kit one wasn't to my liking, and I suppose they felt it would be a faux pas to go straight to Bass and ignoring Mega Man himself. Same for Z series Zero. Iris would have been nice though.

I'm fine with Ultimate X. The Old Bandai Kits, and the Saturn X4 kit have always been really rare and hard to get. Well, Most of the Old Bandai X kits are rare nowadays. X1 Armor was fine, Bandai never made a figure of that one, (skipped right to X3 actually, didn't they?)

I've been waiting ages for something like this.

As for Sigma, I guess we'll have to see how he turns out. I'm sure he'll look just fine.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1016 on: April 07, 2013, 04:57:40 PM
I have only one Mega Armor, which is Return iX. If by some miracle I can get a D-Arts of that, then... Yeah, let's not be so optimistic

Posted on: 2054:33, 07-04-2013
And back to SHF's, here's a larger version of the promo image for posterity:

Who knows, maybe I'll look into these when I'm finally finished with those godforsaken Keys.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #1017 on: April 07, 2013, 09:19:04 PM
I have only one Mega Armor, which is Return iX. If by some miracle I can get a D-Arts of that, then... Yeah, let's not be so optimistic

Posted on: 2054:33, 07-04-2013
And back to SHF's, here's a larger version of the promo image for posterity:

Who knows, maybe I'll look into these when I'm finally finished with those godforsaken Keys.
Always wanted the Return X Kit...

I had the Jazzwares Blade Armor kit. That [parasitic bomb] was the worst quality ever. Broke almost immediately

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1018 on: April 09, 2013, 06:53:57 AM
So.  Review on Mewtwo.  Worth dropping the cash on or not?  Should Mewtwo grace my shelf of stuff, or should I save my money?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1019 on: April 09, 2013, 07:18:45 AM
From what I've seen the posability is still pretty amazing.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1020 on: April 09, 2013, 08:05:35 AM
Poseability means dick all if the center of balance is [tornado fang]'d.

I went into the room where Mewtwo is today to find that the hand holding the Shadow Ball popped off, as the joint on the arm is TINY.

I reattached the arm and got him back into the pose I wanted him in, only to find that the tail had slumped down, whilst trying to put it back to its original position he slipped out of the stand and became troublesome. I eventually got him back into the stand after lots of fiddling around.

The problem is Mewtwo's feet, because of how they are and probably also in part the fault of the tail, it is impossible for him to stand on his own. The stand would work fine, if it werent for the fact that Mewtwo doesn't have a hole in his back, so you have to use the finicky claw like arm to hold him in. Naturally this being Mewtwo, it takes time to restrain him from moving on his own.

I wouldn't recommend it. Its a dissapointing release. Hopefully the later pokemon will be better. Because until then I'm probably not going to buy another.

Not that i'm very thrilled with D-Arts in general, The first few were really good, but Zero ver. 2 being a godawful [tornado fang]ing mess, Mewtwo not having a very good weight distribution among other things, and them picking another X Armor over another Classic series character or a heavily neglected side character just irritates me.

But again, its Bandai. They have good days and bad days. This release is not one of those good days.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1021 on: April 09, 2013, 09:23:19 AM
Mewtwo not being able to stand on his own puts a damper on stop-motion possibilities.  I suppose the stand could be keyed out... or "hidden" in some way, or I could find other ways to secure him properly (I'm used to my puppets not standing on their own)...

The joints popping off worries me.  Other than the problems mentioned... how loose are his joints?  Stiff joints are better for stop-motion, as they'll hold their pose.  Can Mewtwo be posed without him just being generally uncooperative?  Say, I wish to move his arm and have him gesture for a shot, would I be able to move that arm without his entire pose being thrown out of whack, provided I already have his feet secured in some fashion?

What's the plastic quality feel like?  Should I be worried about breakage from excessive handling?

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1022 on: April 09, 2013, 09:29:35 AM
I've had the tail pop off once but that was from trying to pose it in a way that wasn't possible.

The plastic is pretty solid, and the joints are strong for the most part. Just be sure to bend the joints at the joint itself and not the extremity.

On the downside, the swivel joints in the forearms are a little too tight for my taste, and the hand joints as mentioned before don't like the Shadow Ball, and the fingers can potentially pop off. which poses a problem because of how small they are.

The mew that it comes with is not poseable in the least.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1023 on: April 09, 2013, 09:45:59 AM
Hm...  Well, the tight joints are a nice bonus, and for animation purposes, the Shadow (jelly) Ball would end up being added in post, or I'd create the special effect in other ways, so that's not as real big issue for me.  Mew...  Well, it's Mew.  I didn't expect any articulation.  So, accessories are not a major buying factor in this, as sturdiness and articulation are.

I take it the range of motion for the fingers is rather small?  Are the problem joints ball joints?  There are remedies for joints, which include putting super glue into the joint and rotating the joint for about five minutes to keep the glue from sticking.  It makes the joint a bit sturdier and it works for hinge joints, apparently.

Considering what I'd end up using Mewtwo for, the problems noted can be overcome, so I'm still debating on dropping the cash.

What's the range of motion for his head and neck?  I'd like to get some nice body language out of him.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #1024 on: April 09, 2013, 09:50:02 AM
It's best kept down, but he's got some okay articulation in the head. Neck is fine too, but there's that thing that connects his head to his torso which limits his poseability there. Thankfully its rubber.

The ball joints main problem isn't being too loose, its that they're so small so stuff easily pops off.