Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #375 on: May 01, 2010, 06:58:03 PM
So two of us am disappoint then. Cool.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #376 on: May 01, 2010, 07:01:03 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure you aren't the only ones, this is the internet after all

Offline The Blind Archer

• Self-proclaimed jack-of-all-trades of art in training
  • Robot Master
  • I use localised names
    • View Profile
    • Fire Emblem New Dawn
Reply #377 on: May 01, 2010, 07:25:52 PM
So two of us am disappoint then. Cool.

Make that three. Saw the roster, then the XBLA thing.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #378 on: May 01, 2010, 07:28:58 PM
It'd be weirder if you weren't disappointed honestly.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #379 on: May 01, 2010, 07:36:24 PM
I'm not exactly disappointed. I'm more confused than anything.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #380 on: May 01, 2010, 07:39:37 PM
A crossover would make me happy if it would be a fighting game without [tornado fang]'d up character desings (Though Judgement did have 3 good desings...but that wasn´t enough) that I could posibly play ( won´t happen in near or distant future)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #381 on: May 01, 2010, 08:36:31 PM
quoting a quote
Augh how did I miss that

Well... it sounds like it's not a metroidvania if it's got maps that small.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #382 on: May 01, 2010, 08:37:52 PM
Not at all.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #383 on: May 01, 2010, 08:56:21 PM
Sounds like it could be interesting, but I'll have to find out more before being excited or discouraged.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #384 on: May 02, 2010, 12:14:59 AM
If it has Soma, it's bound to dissapoint (never really liked the character.. then again, I never touched a Castlevania game evah, 'cept the NES games thanks to emulation).. And they are bringing Shahona from the PSX game too, so it looks like more like a "mixed bag", you can never trust 'em.

But judging from those screens the rooms feel cramped.. at least I'm happy they were able to put where the boss was locaited at.  XD

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #385 on: May 02, 2010, 12:16:56 AM
If it has Soma, it's bound to dissapoint (never really liked the character.. then again, I never touched a Castlevania game evah, 'cept the NES games thanks to emulation).. And they are bringing Shahona from the PSX game too, so it looks like more like a "mixed bag", you can never trust 'em.

...You really don't know what you're talking about do you?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #386 on: May 02, 2010, 12:19:13 AM
I miss out on a lot do I?  :\

I really need to start playing these games..

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #387 on: May 02, 2010, 01:01:08 AM
Soma - Aria of Sorrow (2035) (GBA), Dawn of Sorrow (2036) (DS)
Shanoa - Order of Ecclesia (1820s) (DS)
Alucard - Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse (1476) (NES), Symphony of the Night (1797) (PSX), also a prominent character in Soma's games
Jonathan Morris/Charlotte Aulin - Portrait of Ruin (1944) (DS)

There, the games the characters have appeared in, with years games took place in. All recommended, as well.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #388 on: May 02, 2010, 08:44:40 PM
i don't like the idea of having the characters from a different time all together
it worked with Judgement because its a fighter
but for a 2D multiplayer game? it would lack a good story
its ok for Alucard but Soma lives in the year 2035 and Jonathan Morris in 1945 and Shanoa ever earlier so please no
a true HD 2D Metroidvania would be awesome though
wat.
Shanoa I understand, but wat.
Who the hell do you think this guy is. (from Aria and Dawn of Sorrow)

Posted on: May 02, 2010, 01:40:44 PM
If it has Soma, it's bound to dissapoint (never really liked the character.. then again, I never touched a Castlevania game evah, 'cept the NES games thanks to emulation)
Wachoo talkin bout boi.
Aria and Dawn are both pretty great. I think what damages Soma more is that crappy generic anime design in Dawn.
Aria and Dawn of sorrow try so hard to be Symphony that they even use the same enemies, and mimic certain aspects. (ESPECIALLY Dawn)

The only thing that disappoints, is really that since your PLAYING as Dracula, you'll never really fight him. (Unless you count Julius mode in Dawn of Sorrow, where the final boss is Soma having finally become Dracula again)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #389 on: May 02, 2010, 08:47:50 PM
I agree with you there, Flame. But I think it's cool that you don't fight Drac in the Sorrow games; instead you have to deal with the incarnation of pure Chaos and a conglomeration of powerful demons, respectively.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #390 on: May 02, 2010, 08:52:43 PM
Yeah, but it feels like Sonic now. where the final enemy is either some omnipowerful evil tht happens to be a vyproduct of something, or a big bad that was made by "accident" (like Menace)

I can take the Aria Final boss. its kind of like your fighting the castle itself in a way, and when you beat him, you basically defeated the castle itself. But Dawn of Sorrow's Menace feels a bit forced...

Personally, I think there needs to be more emphasis on Soma's struggle to NOT become Dracula. They throw it in there, but It always feels to be a secondary plot element only to give you bad endings. Aria had it okay, and Dawn is a big culprit of making it a very small plot point to get Dimitri back and give a bad ending. (AKA feels forced)

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #391 on: May 02, 2010, 08:57:12 PM
Yeah... and it was kind of difficult. I agree with you there; although, unlike Sonic, this series doesn't stagnate as much and add new helpers every single time. If you look at each new game, there has been some change. SotN was the first true Metroidvania, CotM was portable and a Metroidvania, HoD was the same, but with elemental attacks, AoS offered the Soul system, DoS was the same but with the persistent map/status screen, PoR offered two main chars that could team up for powerful attacks or to solve puzzles, and OoE had the Glyph system. Unlike Sonic, which has been the same basic game over and over again, each Castlevania offers a unique experience.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #392 on: May 02, 2010, 09:04:54 PM
There may be some small tweaks to PoR's subweapon system and OoE's glyphs, but they are really just the soul system in disguise.

Aria and Dawn of sorrow try so hard to be Symphony that they even use the same enemies, and mimic certain aspects. (ESPECIALLY Dawn)

You'd take that back if you played Harmony of Dissonance. Compared to that, the Sorrows feel almost original.

But if anything, Aria is closer to Symphony than Dawn. The areas and layout are more similar, and there's a bit of Two Castle Syndrome at the end, though not nearly at the scale that PoR and OoE have it. The Chaotic Realm is more like Stage 5' of Rondo, a hodgepodge. But Dawn never reused an area twice, and had some unique areas too. You start off in a snowy town and go to Hell at the end. I don't think any other game did that.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #393 on: May 02, 2010, 09:13:48 PM
The Sonic thing is debatable, Mirby, as I think the series could now be considered like Castlevania: it includes new features and concepts with most new game. This, however, hasn't always been met with much praise.

I played through SotN again recently. The map is only at 199.3% w/o Dracula and Shaft's rooms though, so I'll need to backtrack eventually and find whatever rooms I'm missing so I can get that last achievement.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #394 on: May 02, 2010, 09:24:21 PM
Flame's the one who came up with the Sonic argument; talk to him about it, not me.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #395 on: May 02, 2010, 09:49:55 PM
Well EXCUUUUUUUSE ME Princess.
I was making a comparison. Sonic nowadays/ Final bosses are never Eggmn or the main enemy. its always some accident reslting from the villains schemes. Dawn has Dimitri become a huge monster. an unexpected event.

But I guess it is rather different when you count that Sonic has done it since Adventure, and Castlevania only in 1 game thus far...

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #396 on: May 02, 2010, 09:52:42 PM
Yeah... and I wasn't being mean. I just would've repeated myself had I continued my side of the argument.

And, yeah, that's pretty much it.

Offline Blackhook

• Dropper of ships
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #397 on: May 02, 2010, 10:14:31 PM
Well EXCUUUUUUUSE ME Princess.
I was making a comparison. Sonic nowadays/ Final bosses are never Eggmn or the main enemy. its always some accident reslting from the villains schemes. Dawn has Dimitri become a huge monster. an unexpected event.

But I guess it is rather different when you count that Sonic has done it since Adventure, and Castlevania only in 1 game thus far...
The thing with Dimitri wasn´t really a big surprise. I expected him to become an ugly monster. What happened to him in the game was a nice bonus :P

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #398 on: May 02, 2010, 10:23:30 PM
Whatever, Bad comparison I guess. Aria and Dawn still rock socks.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #399 on: May 02, 2010, 10:25:00 PM
They do! ^_^