The Official Pokemon Heart Gold & Soul Silver Discussion Thread

Jericho · 418511

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #75 on: May 04, 2009, 05:00:45 AM
I just remembered what my favorite/one of my favorite things about GSC. A mystery gift that you could actually use and that didn't require you to go to a Nintendo event *gasp*

It actually gave me a reason to play everyday just to see if I'd get an awesome furniture or at least an awesome item. Is anyone else hoping that they actually keep that in the game?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #76 on: May 04, 2009, 06:25:24 AM
I just remembered what my favorite/one of my favorite things about GSC. A mystery gift that you could actually use and that didn't require you to go to a Nintendo event *gasp*

That's why we have the Nintendo WFC. Took me a couple hours to remember that I could get the Secret Key that way instead of having o go to an event.

Hopefully we'll be able to get Celebi that way, although I never cared much for that "unobtainable" Pokemon.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #77 on: May 04, 2009, 06:28:02 AM
That's why we have the Nintendo WFC.

And it only took them, what, 3 years to actually use it? Besides, I really prefer the old mystery gift. It'd be great if they combined the two.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #78 on: May 04, 2009, 09:54:20 AM
If I can finally get all the events, bring it on.
If not, RAGE.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #79 on: May 06, 2009, 01:00:03 AM
You know, now I feel dumb.

I've been using Pokesav for a while now, and I should have been able to pick up the fact that Jhoto was listed under the "Home" option when making a Pokemon.
*facepalms*  How the crap did I miss that?!

Well, I saw this one coming.  I gather Nintendo is trying to make the GBA-exclusive 'mans more available, given the DSi's release, and the Kanto birds were already added into Platinum while none of the Johto Legends can yet be obtained without importing.

Hopefully along this trend there will be more than JUST Johto legendary 'mans (always looking for more Mewtwo lovin').

16 badges, Champion, KANTO GYM LEADER REMIX, and God willing, the return of the lost Crystal version Extremespeed Dragonite.  I'll definitely be keeping my eye on this one.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #80 on: May 06, 2009, 01:18:48 AM
The one thing I'm just hoping for is that they redeem the loss of Pokemon Tower, albeit with a Poltergeist-esque scenario at the Radio Tower.

Offline Klavier Gavin

• RPM Soldier
  • Einspruch!
    • View Profile
Reply #81 on: May 06, 2009, 01:27:59 AM
The one thing I'm just hoping for is that they redeem the loss of Pokemon Tower, albeit with a Poltergeist-esque scenario at the Radio Tower.

You and your Ghost fetish. >_>

Offline Legendary

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #82 on: May 06, 2009, 05:18:37 AM
Screw the haunts. If they go through with this they need to fix what they got wrong before.

Long live Fighting Dojo, beatches!

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #83 on: May 06, 2009, 05:57:04 AM
If they go through with this they need to fix what they got wrong before.

Like adding in a haunting. Seriously, Johto is the only region without one. If not revive the tower, tuck a new yet-insignificant haunting somewhere, like how the Old Chateau was in DP.

Long live Fighting Dojo, beatches!

Fighting types can't lay a finger on ghosts. >_>

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #84 on: May 06, 2009, 06:13:47 AM
If not revive the tower, tuck a new yet-insignificant haunting somewhere, like how the Old Chateau was in DP.

Insignificant, yet it was great. It actually spooked me at night, alone, I'm easy to scare >_> Something like that would be awesome.

Nothing will ever beat the original Lavander Town though, that town scared you from the very moment you set foot on it with its music. I think it may have traumatized me as a child.

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #85 on: May 06, 2009, 06:16:50 AM
Insignificant, yet it was great. It actually spooked me at night, alone, I'm easy to scare >_> Something like that would be awesome.

Nothing will ever beat the original Lavander Town though, that town scared you from the very moment you set foot on it with its music. I think it may have traumatized me as a child.

Yeah, and it was a shame as to how they lightened up the song in Gold and Silver. If they're gonna make a new haunting in this, they should make it an underground crypt somewhere, and personally I think it should be under the Burnt Tower, deeper down than where the Legendary Beasts rest.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #86 on: May 06, 2009, 06:19:17 AM
Yeah, actually, the Burnt Tower was the PERFECT location for a new haunted place. Too bad they wasted their chance =/

Offline Sparky

• Игра закончена
  • A-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #87 on: May 06, 2009, 06:21:14 AM
Yeah, actually, the Burnt Tower was the PERFECT location for a new haunted place. Too bad they wasted their chance =/

What makes it even worse is that in the game Morty states how he regularly sees ghosts there, yet no Ghost-types are even encountered. Just Koffings and Magmars.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #88 on: May 06, 2009, 06:21:51 AM
There were Magmars in there? Man, my memory sure fails me XD

Offline Waifu

• Ultimate Despair
  • Master's Unit
  • Kanako, the Moriya Shrine Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #89 on: May 06, 2009, 06:32:59 AM
Man, this is going to be awesome and it going to be for the DS. I hope that they don't have that fashion show in this game because I play for the battles and that is just me.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #90 on: May 06, 2009, 07:06:58 AM
Hahaha what kind of attitude is that? You want them to remove completely optional minigames just because you don't like them? What's next, players shouldn't be able to put any pokemon you don't like on their team?

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #91 on: May 06, 2009, 08:04:39 AM
The tourneyfags already think that way.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #92 on: May 06, 2009, 08:06:24 AM
That reminds me, what is RPM's Pokecommunity like online?

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #93 on: May 06, 2009, 08:06:50 AM
The tourneyfags already think that way.

Then what the hell are tiers for?

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #94 on: May 06, 2009, 08:07:30 AM

Pretentious Buttfuckers!  Every last one of them!   8D

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #95 on: May 06, 2009, 08:10:34 AM
Then what the hell are tiers for?
"You can only use certain pokemon in certain levels. If you don't then I won't play with you cause you're a stupid doo-doo head."

That in a nutshell.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #96 on: May 06, 2009, 08:14:02 AM

Hypershell seems competent, I'm not, those other two guys I had matches with weren't either (Sorry guys!). I've got no clue about anyone else.

"You can only use certain pokemon in certain levels. If you don't then I won't play with you cause you're a stupid doo-doo head."

That in a nutshell.

Setting up specific banlists just so pokemon that normally wouldn't be used have a chance to see the light of day seems like it's trying to encourage varied pokemon use to me, dude.

Offline Pringer X

• Ultimate Super Robot
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Pringer Beam!
    • View Profile
Reply #97 on: May 06, 2009, 08:42:54 AM
I kind of don't get why everyone's going "ZOMG GS REMAKES!!!!111lol1!". I mean, sure, we may actually be able to legally obtain Celebi, but at this point, I don't think a lot of people care. I'd only be hyped if they're remaking it once the 5th gen comes up, and they put 5th gen Pokemon in it. THAT seems worth it.

As far as getting Pokemon goes, in some way, shape, or form, you can now catch or get them without the use of a GS remake, and thanks to WFC, if you need a particular Pokemon, just ask and get it. I can see a use for getting TM's that are somewhat rare or hard to find or something, but there's already a cloning glitch out there, and WFC again trumps the point since you can just ask for a particular TM.

If they remake GS and put 5th gen Pokemon in it, as well as increase the relative map size to include Hoenn and/or Sinnoh, and allow Celebi to be caught, I wouldn't mind and in some ways be excited (I stopped playing Pokemon awhile ago, so that's kind of a shocker). It would have even more things to do than before, and it would be pretty fun.

Offline STM

• Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #98 on: May 06, 2009, 09:38:11 AM
Hypershell seems competent, I'm not, those other two guys I had matches with weren't either (Sorry guys!). I've got no clue about anyone else.

Setting up specific banlists just so pokemon that normally wouldn't be used have a chance to see the light of day seems like it's trying to encourage varied pokemon use to me, dude.
"Well, we're going great, got a good winning season, but I see I haven't played everyone on the bench. I'll just bench some of my better players to give the others that aren't so good a turn in the field! What could go wrong?"

Sounds like little-league management to me. I'll stick with one set of pokemon I like that are designed to complement each other, packing good strength, regardless of their "tier" position. If they don't like it, too bad. I've gotten so many disconnectors just because I sent out a Darkrai and began putting everyone to sleep for an unholy sweep. It's not like Darkrai's that much of a threat to begin with.

Offline Tickle Buffalo

• SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #99 on: May 06, 2009, 10:15:33 AM
So what, you think if someone happens to like low tier pokemon and wants to use them they should just suck up losing until the people who are playing with good ones decide to handicap themselves for the sake of a more fair fight? I'm just gonna stick with playing with tiers so I don't need to rely on people taking sympathy on me for me to have a chance of winning.

And what do you expect when you send out Darkrai against a standard team? You expect people to hang around when you've just sent out something which is pretty much guaranteed to cripple or kill their half their guys before they can stop it? Try using pokemon that people can actually fight back against and maybe they'll hang around longer.