Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
  • something something All Limiters Released
    • View Profile
    • Ironically Opressing Oppression
Reply #3975 on: September 21, 2013, 07:26:12 AM
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM EDITION - PC

That's actually how the title is written in my Steam library.

SNK JUST LOVES THEIR CAPITAL LETTERS DON'T THEY?

So I actually got around to trying to use my old PS2 controller adapter to play this and it actually worked long enough to give me an hour or two of gameplay without shorting, like it did the last few times I've used it. It's been a bit hard, but I've gotten the hang of it. I still got my ass handed to me by Raiden's team though. Like a young grasshopper, I have much to learn. Like the moveset of a character who isn't Terry Bogard. 8D

what

Archer

Reply #3976 on: September 21, 2013, 07:27:11 AM
If the caps lock bothers an admin, I will change it back right away.

If you're this aware that the capitals are annoying I don't understand why you'd still post them.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3977 on: September 21, 2013, 07:27:58 AM
Change it.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3978 on: September 21, 2013, 07:33:28 AM
If you're this aware that the capitals are annoying I don't understand why you'd still post them.
It was supposed to be a joke, but I... oh, well all right.

what

Archer

Reply #3979 on: September 21, 2013, 07:34:34 AM
Jokes are supposed to be funny though.

Offline Soultrigger

• Resistance Member
  • Weapon Get!
    • View Profile
Reply #3980 on: September 21, 2013, 07:40:11 AM
I genuinely loved it. I also believe it had a more than decent story, better dialog and voice acting would have done it better justice, however. I did find it to have a decent metroid feel, and I rather accept it as Super Metroid's sequel. I'll put it above any of the primes in a heartbeat. This should be expanded. Since metroid (save for the prime trilogy which kinda chills out doing its own thing... Over and over and over) seems to have been on a cycle of exploration and linear titles since its inception, expand the world, offer more freedom, bring new power ups to bring the pain, and fight those slimy Feds.

I respectfully disagree. Other M doesn't deserve to bear the Metroid name, the plot is horribly contrived and pretentious, the gameplay sacrifices the hallmark exploration Metroid is known for for a mediocre action game with no outstanding or redeemable quality, the atmosphere (i.e.: plant, fire, ice) is some of the most generic I've seen (even Prime 1 at least had interesting architecture and landmarks). It's not a mystery why Other M was deemed a flop: it sucked.

It's fine that you don't care for the Prime series. Heck, I don't really care for Prime 2 myself. But if you can't recognize the Prime trilogy as quality titles, I doubt you recognize what makes the Metroid series a household name.

Bad Box Art Snake Man Joins the Battle!

Offline SoloUnit315

• Net Navi
  • M-308 Gun Master
    • View Profile
Reply #3981 on: September 21, 2013, 08:10:15 PM
I've played the entire series from point a to point b. that said, I understand exactly what made Metroid a household title. Further more, I never once said I don't acknowledge the prime trilogy as a quality series. The transition of a title that is an expected platformer to first person is a difficult task to undertake, much less appeal to the prior fan base. It, however, did so beautifully, had a kindred feel to the games that came before it while at the same time being refreshing and had a plethora of power ups and locations that expanded the metroid universe. However, I am unswayed by popular opinion, much less why things are considered flops or whether or not they sold well. That is all irrelevent to me.

In my opinion, prime was three times trite and overdone. I'm not saying they got worse with each release, I'm saying they didn't get better. They are all on the same flat line of excellence. Anyone could start with any of the three and find it amazing, while it loses it's luster on the remaining two and becomes boring. I also feel that some of the charm was lost in deviating from the third person format.

To the opposing opinion of the atmosphere, I'll have to say it is very poorly supported. Elementally inspired areas have been at the core of the majority of the titles. Did it compare to the detail of anything in prime? No. However, "is it fun and nostalgic?" Is my main question of reasoning, graphically I could care less.

I respect your opinion, however I disagree with an extreme prejudice to everything save for quips and disagreements regarding story.

Sometimes being the bigger man means holding the bigger weapon!

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
  • The guy feeding off on your hate
    • View Profile
Reply #3982 on: September 21, 2013, 10:26:05 PM
Getting back to my Tiberian Dawn Nod Campaign.

Fear me.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #3983 on: September 21, 2013, 11:03:51 PM
Cave Story +
How in the [tornado fang] are you supposed to beat the Sanctuary level without Super Missiles?  >_<
Did you miss them or are you challenging yourself without it?

[spoiler=Gameplay spoilers]There is a weapon called Spur you can get around the end of the game. If I remember correctly, I think you can get it after the Iron Head boss and you wash up back to the Village. However you need the Polar Star (your very first weapon) to get it; if you traded it with Curly for her Machine Gun or combine it with the Fireball for the Snake at one point in the game, the Spur will be lost. If you have the Polar Star, go back to where you found it and talk to gunsmith who made it. He'll rant about you "borrowing" the gun then gives a heart-felt speech for using his "incomplete" weapon, then he'll upgrade your Polar Star into the Spur. The Spur has a perma-Lv.3 shot from the Polar Star and charged attack that fires a powerful laser beam that tears through most enemies with ease.[/spoiler]

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3984 on: September 21, 2013, 11:10:29 PM
I was playing time attack, where you can't get the Super Missile Launcher.

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3985 on: September 22, 2013, 02:24:14 AM
BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger [PC]
Chantelise: A Tale of Two Sisters [PC]
Minecraft [PC]
Bioshock [PC]
Fallout: New Vegas [PC]
Saint's Row IV [PC]

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #3986 on: September 22, 2013, 05:20:26 AM
Finally got my own copy of Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier.
Reiji and Xiaomu are as awesome as ever.  I love Endless Frontier's version of Path to Certain Victory.  8)

On the home console front, Wonderful 101.  Great game, great concept, but the lack of direction can be tricky.  I SERIOUSLY recommend anyone considering it to play the demo first, if only to realize how key the block and dodge Unite Morphs are so that you have the good sense to buy them early.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3987 on: September 22, 2013, 08:27:27 PM
I just beat Kid Chameleon for the first time! owo

16 unused continues. Only used one, at The Final Marathon, and I could have done better to get there with more lives. When you play a game for 4 hours straight you make small mistakes here and there, but the problem is, in Kid Chameleon even the tiny mistakes will cost you everything.

Knight diamond special saved my ass many times. My best was adding 2 HP... I'd always die somewhere when I was about to add the third extra point. Stupid Crab Cove with the one-block pits. No Pyramids of Peril farming 'cause it's just too tedious.

The route was the easiest that I could think of (aka NO Bloody Swamp). I panicked when I entered the wrong teleport in one of the ice stages, but it just took me to an Elsewhere and back to the normal course. I'm happy with my performance in some of the hairy stages like Ice God's Vengeance and Alien Isle. Unfortunately I'll probably forget all the strategies in a couple months.

I know that lots of players have no trouble getting through Kid Chameleon in a couple attempts, but honestly, this is one of my personal accomplishments in gaming. Very glad I got through it!

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #3988 on: September 22, 2013, 08:37:45 PM
I don't have the patience to deal with Kid Chameleon.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3989 on: September 22, 2013, 09:06:19 PM
Yeah. I hate the floaty physics and how massive the game is without a save. I guess there's something about the gameplay that made me want to get through it.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3990 on: September 23, 2013, 02:08:42 PM
Playing Mech Platoon on my GBA emu, since I kinda miss playing it again. Dunno why I deleted it the last time.

Fear me.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3991 on: September 24, 2013, 03:47:14 AM
Finished Kid Chameleon again, this time with no continues used! Man, what a great feeling. I still had 10 lives when I killed the final boss.

Took me about 2:20. Again, it's a pity that the strategies are so brutally technical, because I'd love to run this game every other month. Hell, I beat this yesterday, and today I already choked at some obscure stages.

Definitely changed my opinion for the better anyway. Very cool game.

Offline Mr. Haxwell

• Totally hax
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #3992 on: September 25, 2013, 06:23:09 PM
Playing The Origin of What is a Man Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, off the ePSXe. Sorta raged when I went to the Clock Tower early. Only to find out I'm not suppose to be there and sort of missed the door to the Library.

Fear me.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #3993 on: September 26, 2013, 06:01:07 AM
Ocarina of Time 3D.

I never gave this game a fair shake, I beat it once when I was like 8 or something but I honestly didn't remember that much and combat was overly frustrating to me.

Of course playing it now I'm a lot more competent of a gamer, and L-Targeting is like my best [tornado fang]ing friend. Had I known to be a little more cautious I wouldn't have been so terrible at it.

What a fun game, most time I've put into my 3DS in a while too.

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3994 on: September 27, 2013, 03:44:28 AM
I think I'm getting pretty good at Kid Chameleon, finished again losing only ONE LIFE. :D

I've been alternating between KC and other Genesis games these past few weeks. As a Nintendo player for all of my childhood and teenage years, I can safely say that I missed out on a TON of great stuff by Sega. I definitely wouldn't have traded Mario and Mega Man for Sonic and his gang, but man, I'm just really glad I can play these games now.

In just a few days (Oct. 1st) I'll start a horror themed videogame marathon. My goal is to finish a number of horror games until Halloween. I've been doing this since a few years ago, and it's a lot of fun. Maybe I even posted about it here.

Anyway, this year I will play Fatal Frame 1 and 2 for the first time. I will also revisit a couple horror games that I haven't played in a while, mainly Eternal Darkness for the GameCube. Too bad PSN doesn't have Fatal Frame 3 yet, I could have downloaded that one as well.

Offline Suppercut ♡

• Toaster Catgirl Sniper
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #3995 on: September 27, 2013, 11:29:31 AM
Someone sold me his GBASP for $10 so I've been playing Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue on it. So here we go:

Megaman Battle Network 3 Blue (GBA) NO EMULATOR
Terraria (PC)
Final Fantasy IV Advance (GBA) Phone Emulator
KING OF FIGHTERS XIII STEAM (PC)

FFIV ADV is pretty amazing, I can't wait to play it with a real D-Pad that doesn't [sonic slicer] at me for being 0.001 micrometers too close to the left button to go up. GORRAMNIT STOP SWITCHING ROWS YOU FUCKTARDS I WANTED TO USE WHITE MAGIC [tornado fang]ing GAY CECIL :W

what

Offline Amatiramisu

• 6-4 Blackbird
  • Legendary Hero
  • Stand by, Pilot!
    • View Profile
Reply #3996 on: September 27, 2013, 09:36:21 PM
Time for an updated list.

Halo: Combat Evolved SP (Xbox 360 Originals - Heroic - No Co-op)
Halo: Combat Evolved Online MP (PC) (I love forcing max graphics through drivers.)
Minecraft (PC)
Portal 2 SP (PC)
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii)

Offline Reaperoid

• Redundant
  • Master's Unit
  • d-don't fear the reaper
    • View Profile
Reply #3997 on: September 28, 2013, 10:06:03 AM
Halo: Combat Evolved Online MP (PC) (I love forcing max graphics through drivers.)
http://hce.halomaps.org/index.cfm?fid=2677

I guess all I can really say is it isn't exactly what I'd expect out of a $4.4M game

It doesn't even have mouth animations

Offline Arikado

• B-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #3998 on: September 30, 2013, 03:28:13 AM
Ocarina of Time
Ys Seven
Terraria (woo 1.2 update)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 11:29:06 AM by Night Blade »

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #3999 on: September 30, 2013, 05:35:10 PM
Wow, Fatal Frame 3 comes out tomorrow on PSN! Talk about perfect timing! I'll play all 3 FFs for the first time starting tomorrow. :D Sounds like fun!