New Super Mario Bros. Galaxy 2 Wii Turbo Edition

HyperSonicEXE · 137035

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #225 on: November 11, 2009, 02:00:59 AM
Jiang Shi ^^
they should come back, even though they'd be completely out of place >w<

Yeah, those! I just made up names; I don't even recall seeing enemy names as a kid. Worlds 3 and 4 were REALLY out-of-nowhere. But the Jiang Shi act like jumping Dry Bones; make 'em look like porcelain dolls and stick 'em in Ghost Houses. And the Sprint Moai's and Boulders should definitely be in a mountain world.

Game's not too terribly hard, per se, but the run, jump, and fall physics WILL snag you.

It's probably just the simple fact that Super Mario Land is not considered as "mainstream/traditional" a Mario title as the others.  If Nintendo felt dirty from touching it, we'd have not heard Sarasaland's underground theme remixed in Brawl.

And yet Daisy's become a mainstay. True, they had the Underground theme as well as Forest Maze, so they haven't forgotten, at least.

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #226 on: November 11, 2009, 02:26:33 AM
Yeah, it did handle a little more loose than your average Mario, but you do get used to it.

So far as enemies go, I miss the Bomb Koopas.

And yet Daisy's become a mainstay.
As much as it pains me to say this, that's only true in spinoffs (sports/party games).  Daisy has not been featured in a "main" Mario game.  Mario Kart is pretty much the high point of her appearances.  Believe me, I want that to change, but time after time opportunities for her are missed.

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Jazz Shaking

• Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #227 on: November 11, 2009, 02:40:44 AM
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/multiplayer-super-mario-bros-wii-live-broadcast

Live stream right now. Hurry! Warning. Spoilers of course.

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #228 on: November 11, 2009, 04:06:40 AM
Yeah, it did handle a little more loose than your average Mario, but you do get used to it.

So far as enemies go, I miss the Bomb Koopas.
As much as it pains me to say this, that's only true in spinoffs (sports/party games).  Daisy has not been featured in a "main" Mario game.  Mario Kart is pretty much the high point of her appearances.  Believe me, I want that to change, but time after time opportunities for her are missed.

I suppose one could adjust to it, but good luck playing any other Mario game afterwards.

Heh, Bomb Koopas were slightly annoying, but kept that rush going!

NSMBWii included. Fine, keep Blue Toad, but yellow could have been Daisy!

Posted on: November 10, 2009, 07:42:57 PM
Don't spoil anything, just tell me one thing:

Compare the difficulty to another Mario game.

I'm hearing:
"Easy if you ignore all star coins. Hard if you try to get them all."

And NSMBDS was Normal Mode getting all the Star Coins. Not impossible, just a little trial-and-error, but mostly resetting because you lost/didn't have _____ Mushroom/Power/Suit.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile

Offline Da Dood

• SA-Class Hunter
  • Dood Trigger!
    • View Profile
Reply #230 on: November 13, 2009, 11:46:00 PM
2 days, ARGH! Fly, time, fly in your Tanooki suit already!

>w<

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #231 on: November 14, 2009, 02:56:06 AM
Anyone else get the Charles Martinet pre-order phone message?
It was full, FULL of win.

"And-a make sure you go to the right-a store, 'cause then you'll walk in and they'll be like 'Hey, wassa matta with you?! You gotta go to the right store!'"  >0<

But I can wait; I've got a research paper to RE-finish...

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #232 on: November 14, 2009, 02:58:52 AM
Not me.  I'm camping Wal-Mart at midnight.

NSMBWii included. Fine, keep Blue Toad, but yellow could have been Daisy!
So incredibly freaking true.  Blame Miyamoto and his lack of skirt physics.   -_-

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #233 on: November 14, 2009, 03:15:40 AM
Anyone else get the Charles Martinet pre-order phone message?

awwwww, I wish I had pre-ordered there, I would have kept that message saved forever >w<

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #234 on: November 14, 2009, 03:22:50 AM
awwwww, I wish I had pre-ordered there, I would have kept that message saved forever >w<

If I had known it was coming, I'd have let Voicemail catch it!

Maybe when I get back from cycling laundry, I'll type a transcript.

So incredibly freaking true.  Blame Miyamoto and his lack of skirt physics.   -_-

And yet NSMBDS had Peach falling with dress-guiding sparkles!

Argh! Now that I remember that, I call BS on that explanation of theirs!

Alright, let's see if I can remember, and this is not verbatim, I assure you...:

"Hi, I'm Charles Martinet, but you probably know me as *switches voice* Mario! Hey! Calling to remind you to pick up New Super Mario Bros. Wii when it-a arrives Sunday at your local store-a! And-a make sure you go to the right-a store, 'cause then you'll walk in and they'll be like, 'Hey, wassa matta with you?! You gotta go to the right store!' Oh, and New Super Mario Bros. Wii will be great, because for the first time, you can-a play with 4 players simultaneously! You can play Single Player, Multiplayer Cooperative, and Multiplayer Competitive! It'll be super kooky, crazy fun! Be sure to pick up your copy on Sunday, and-a thank you so much for a playing my game! Woohoooo!"

I think that pretty much captures it. And I'm almost sure an audio clip will hit this crazy web any day, now.
If not, well, shoot, I might just pick up the ol' microphone here and imitate it myself just for RPM. Might even throw in a little...KING BOWSER.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #236 on: November 14, 2009, 06:57:35 AM
I'm probably the only guy in the world who isn't getting this game Day 1 by choice. True, I really want to play it. But I need to put something on my Christmas list. And shockingly enough, I can wait a month more.

I'm weird.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #237 on: November 14, 2009, 07:01:56 AM
I'm probably the only guy in the world who isn't getting this game Day 1 by choice. True, I really want to play it. But I need to put something on my Christmas list. And shockingly enough, I can wait a month more.

I'm weird.

Actually, I'm getting it for X-Mas as well.  However, Lou is getting it opening day, so we'll be playing it on Sunday.

Offline Black Mage J

• Sucking on fingers.
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #238 on: November 14, 2009, 07:36:15 AM

I'm weird.
I want to play the game of course, just that im sure one of my friends will get around next week, they all have motion plus and WiiSportsresort, I havent even started collecting money for it. Dont really think thats mooching, we do this kind of thing all the time. And whats so hot about normal anyways?

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #239 on: November 14, 2009, 04:32:32 PM
Bah, Normal sucks. All of us cool, nerdy cats are Hard-Mode! 8)

At any rate, tomorrow I'm going to try and cram this game as much as possible so that when I make my bi-annual trip to see my best bud, I get to show him all of the game's coolest stuff.

I've been trying to train my brain to look for secrets/Star Coins. SMG still stumped me at times (Buoy Base Green Star), but I'm fairly confident in my NSMBDS prowess.

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #240 on: November 14, 2009, 07:50:49 PM
To the RPM New YAWRKARS... you better get lots of pictures of this Mario event at Nintendo World. -_-

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #241 on: November 14, 2009, 08:02:54 PM
Sucks that I probably won't make it at this rate. I really wanted to go. ;_;

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #242 on: November 15, 2009, 05:59:00 AM
To the RPM New YAWRKARS... you better get lots of pictures of this Mario event at Nintendo World. -_-

Scanning/Transferring them now...

Sucks that I probably won't make it at this rate. I really wanted to go. ;_;

You poor, poor Brooklynite...

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #243 on: November 15, 2009, 06:26:48 AM
On a scale of 1 - "[tornado fang]" how good was the event?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #244 on: November 15, 2009, 07:22:43 AM

Yes, it's-a me, your sexcellent Protoman Blues, with a fun recap of the Nintendo World New Super Mario Bros. Wii Event.  Being that this is probably one of my most anticipated games of the year, if not my MOST anticipated game of the year, I was compelled to venture into the city on this misty Saturday.  Now, I was going mainly to check out how they decked out my beloved and NYC exclusive Nintendo World store for the event.  They did not, repeat, did not disappoint.  First and foremost, I was alerted that their was a tournament being held to actually try and win the game that day.  Needless to say, I entered without-a hesitation.  Waiting outside with the rest of the Mario loving nerds, we were also told that we could check out the "Mario Museum" they had set up in a tent outside.  Naturally, I took some pics, so here they are.

And thus was my trip through the Mario Museum, which was a very nice display of things I own, things I want, and things I really wanted to steal.  After the trek through the Museum, guests were allowed in the other tent outside to actual play the game.  I could not, as I had entered in the tournament.  They had a DJ outside to, oddly not playing Mario music, but stiil.  Here's what was on his DJ Booth.

Now, as there was no more reason to be outside and wet, it was time to get inside and get dry.  Needless to say, the place was REALLY packed, with both tournament goes, and people there to buy the game early.

Well well, look who's-a here  XD 

Even though he has a couple, does PB want another pic with Mario?  ABBBBB-SOLUTELY! 

The tourney was being held upstairs, and as it is a video game tournament, obviously it wouldn't start at the time it was suppose to, so nothing else to do but wander around, look at things I want, and snap more pics.

And thus, that last picture was the area in which the tournament was held, and where yours truly got knocked out the first round.  LoL, no biggie though.  I came very close, and got a free t-shirt anyway!  After the tournament, Lou finally met up with my friend and I at Nintendo World, and there was only one thing left to do...

And thus ended the event.  Our princess was clearly in another castle, so it was time to leave.  Out of all the events that I've been at in Nintendo World, this is by far my favorite.  Very well organized & lots of goodies and treats for all.  I can't wait to play this game tomorrow with Lou-igi!  I hope you all enjoy-a da pics!

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #245 on: November 15, 2009, 07:30:42 AM
Looking forward to picking this up tomorrow as well. Just curious, what was the tournament about?

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #246 on: November 15, 2009, 07:36:11 AM
Looking forward to picking this up tomorrow as well. Just curious, what was the tournament about?

Essentially, you had to play through a level with all the characters.  The 2 with the highest number of points would move on to the next round.  LoL, luck of the draw, I happened to get the bracket with 2 REALLY good players.  In just about every other bracket, the high score average was 15,000 points, with 8,000 being the next highest, and so on.  I actually got 15,000, but #2 got 18,000 and #1 got 21,000.  Dem's da breaks. 

1st Prize was the game, $100 Nintendo World Gift Card, and free NSMBWii T-shirt
2nd Prize was the game, $50 Nintendo World Gift Card, and free NSMBWii T-shirt
3rd Prize was the game, $20 Nintendo World Gift Card, and free NSMBWii T-shirt
4ht Prize was a $20 Nintendo World Gift Card, and free NSMBWii T-shirt

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #247 on: November 15, 2009, 07:47:35 AM
ARE YOU [tornado fang]ing SERIOUS? I would have destroyed at the game for the game if I had known that. XD

Meanwhile, I am now totally pissed that I couldn't make it. That DJ booth alone was smile inducing.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #248 on: November 15, 2009, 07:48:47 AM
ARE YOU [tornado fang]ing SERIOUS? I would have destroyed at the game for the game if I had known that. XD

Meanwhile, I am now totally pissed that I couldn't make it. That DJ booth alone was smile inducing.
On a scale of 1 - "[tornado fang]" how good was the event?

Sooo, does that post answer your question?  XD

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #249 on: November 15, 2009, 07:49:04 AM
More than.