General RP Discussion topic

Police Girl · 177588

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #400 on: June 22, 2013, 08:53:25 PM
I somewhat regret introducing the Shuffle Alliance concept, but I can still work with it and adapt it.

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
  • cannons are cool i guess
    • View Profile
Reply #401 on: June 22, 2013, 09:10:13 PM
I somewhat regret adding in Keco or hell even Akai at times because I have so little to work with when it comes to Akai.

Keco I don't regret now that I've given her a proper backstory and such. But Akai doesn't get that liberty as she didn't exist until Josei brought her to life. This doesn't mean I'm going to kill her off again though.

I somewhat regret introducing the Shuffle Alliance concept, but I can still work with it and adapt it.

If only because you haven't really used it in a long while, right?

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #402 on: June 22, 2013, 09:18:22 PM
Well, as mentioned, the battles will resume, as soon as weapons have been restocked, and pies were had.

... Can I have a pie? O^O

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #403 on: June 22, 2013, 09:24:16 PM
Well, as mentioned, the battles will resume, as soon as weapons have been restocked, and pies were had.

... Can I have a pie? O^O

Force Buns to make you a pie, she still exists.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #404 on: June 23, 2013, 12:46:10 AM
I'm getting rather tired of a certain someone's attempts to become the main villain and also their godmodding.

Please stop, MCH. I know I'm not the only one beginning to tire of it. Tone it down.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #405 on: June 23, 2013, 01:06:14 AM
Tron and RMZX already spoke to him about the godmodding stuff.

He still has weaknesses like anyone else. But yeah, he does have to tone it down.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #406 on: June 23, 2013, 01:08:07 AM
Well as long as he tones it down.

I mean, it's WILYpocalypse

that kinda means, you know, that Wily's the be-all end-all villain of the story. No more, no less. XD

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #407 on: June 23, 2013, 01:08:54 AM
I still didn't like the concept of the Neg Gas thing.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #408 on: June 23, 2013, 01:13:19 AM
Hoo boy, god-moding.

That was one of the things I was worried about with Mewtwo.  He's damn powerful, and the group already has powerful characters in it.  Like Pyro, the living embodiment of chaos personified.  But, I looked at all the Giovanni trolling and realized that perhaps we were too powerful.  However, the only element that was really under my control was Mewtwo.

Hence why he had to be removed for a bit.  Granted, now the plot is weaving around getting him back, but at the time, Mewtwo needed to be taken out of the picture to allow Sapph's plot to progress.  I'm currently working on another plot, but it requires the use of Mewtwo, which is another element I need to go through first.  So, it's going a bit slowly, but I can jump-cut to getting that ball rolling in earnest.

It's one thing to have powerful characters.  Personally, I'm iffy with powerful characters.  So, I spend a lot of time making sure that there are checks and balances in place, even if it boils down to kicking the crap out of that powerful character just to bring them down to our level (sorry, Mewtwo).  

But, god-moding?  I haven't been paying any attention to the Wily RP, so I'm only aware of the situation by hearsay.  Do you have any known weakness for your character?  Or is this character the very definition of god-moding?  Like I said, there are legitimately powerful characters, and it's fine to have one, but make sure that there are checks and balances in place to keep them from getting out of hand.  Kick the crap out of them periodically, if you have to.  Give them a foible.  I balance out Giovanni with his rampant alcoholism.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #409 on: June 23, 2013, 01:15:56 AM
Well, as you suggested via PM, Quickie could learn about Pyro's trolling Giovanni and ask him to tone it down in the Pokemon RP. She is probably one of the few people he listens to.

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #410 on: June 23, 2013, 01:18:42 AM
His character is on the page before.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #411 on: June 23, 2013, 01:27:16 AM
Just read it.

Yikes.

The weaknesses just don't balance the character out, as the ultimate destruction of the character would cause so much more collateral damage (if "at the cost of millions" means that Hazard would explode and vaporize millions of people around him).  The character's power ensures that even getting to those weak points would be a hellish battle.

Here's the caveat.  Superman is a god among man.  Yet, kryptonite can take him down.  But, this can take him down from a relatively safe distance.  To get to Hazard's kryptonite, you either have to be a hellish crack shot, of blast your way through his defenses and hope you don't get cleaved in two before you even have a chance to get to his tails.  And again, the massive collateral damage, should you hit his ultimate weak point, which would cancel out the effectiveness of targeting it.  Why would anyone in their right mind go after what amounts to be a trigger for an atomic bomb, knowing that they'll be destroyed in the process?

Hazard requires a true weakness.  Something that can be used at a safe distance, or doesn't require you to pick at him until he goes down.  The tail thing isn't a weakness.  You lop one off, and there are eight more, and thus plenty of means to take you out with but a thought.  And Hazard will be protecting his weak points viciously.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #412 on: June 23, 2013, 01:31:02 AM
Then there's the Neg Gas thing that get's me off a little.  His good character says he has a cure for it but I still don't like it.

Kathy - "In a time of war, when my people would have the courage to stand up to Hazard's tyranny, he used this gas to bring an entire army's morale to a disaster. What was once courage became fear and dismay. He's even enhanced the gas to cause machinery to malfunction in the same manner as living beings would. He calls it the Neg Gas."

(I'm not sure what better name to give a gas that induces negativity.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #413 on: June 23, 2013, 01:31:44 AM
Plus he's trying to set himself up to be the true villain, the one that we have to take down after Wily.

Except ain't none of us havin' that.

HOMEY DON'T PLAY DAT

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #414 on: June 23, 2013, 01:32:42 AM
He's not setting him self up as the true villain, just an extra villain.  I know it seems that way but it's not what he's doing.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #415 on: June 23, 2013, 01:34:17 AM
The Neg Gas, a lovely deus ex machina.  That I can overlook, so long as it's not overused.  As for the true villain thing...  So long as it's done well, that wouldn't bother me too much, as it would allow continuation of the story without it becoming contrived.  However, I take it that it's not being done well. :P

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #416 on: June 23, 2013, 01:35:50 AM
The thing is that it's just like the Frenzy Waves that Wily used to make PB go insane, Frenzy Waves do the exact same thing and we just did that.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #417 on: June 23, 2013, 01:36:44 AM
So, recycling an old plot device with a new coat of paint?

Blech.

Offline Police Girl

• A total qt
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #418 on: June 23, 2013, 01:37:06 AM
Hazard requires a true weakness.  Something that can be used at a safe distance, or doesn't require you to pick at him until he goes down.  The tail thing isn't a weakness.  You lop one off, and there are eight more, and thus plenty of means to take you out with but a thought.  And Hazard will be protecting his weak points viciously.

Oh god I thought I was the only one who thought his weaknesses were kind of bullshit.

This isn't Super Mario Sunshine or any other Mario game where you can just run around him a few times and yank his tails out, no way would he allow that since he has full creative control over his character and could easily just say something like "So and so tried to grab the tail and missed and was greeted with a fireball to the face."

I'm just going to say this, if "Hazard" isn't nerfed ridiculously, given a true weakness, made into a compete joke, or wiped out altogether very soon I'll give my characters over to Kharaxel, Phi, and Sakura and let them take care of it because I don't want to be in a god-mod RP with a show-stealing villain.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #419 on: June 23, 2013, 01:39:21 AM
So, recycling an old plot device with a new coat of paint?

Blech.
Pretty much, that's why I don't like it.  I wouldn't mind if it was new but it's not.

Oh god I thought I was the only one who thought his weaknesses were kind of bullshit.
I thought so too, but I was a bit busy to say that.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #420 on: June 23, 2013, 01:41:08 AM
Then there's the Neg Gas thing that get's me off a little.  His good character says he has a cure for it but I still don't like it.

I think it'd be an interesting turning point for the Resistance to see Archetype's evil persona.

Just read it.

Yikes.

The weaknesses just don't balance the character out, as the ultimate destruction of the character would cause so much more collateral damage (if "at the cost of millions" means that Hazard would explode and vaporize millions of people around him).  The character's power ensures that even getting to those weak points would be a hellish battle.

Here's the caveat.  Superman is a god among man.  Yet, kryptonite can take him down.  But, this can take him down from a relatively safe distance.  To get to Hazard's kryptonite, you either have to be a hellish crack shot, of blast your way through his defenses and hope you don't get cleaved in two before you even have a chance to get to his tails.  And again, the massive collateral damage, should you hit his ultimate weak point, which would cancel out the effectiveness of targeting it.  Why would anyone in their right mind go after what amounts to be a trigger for an atomic bomb, knowing that they'll be destroyed in the process?

Hazard requires a true weakness.  Something that can be used at a safe distance, or doesn't require you to pick at him until he goes down.  The tail thing isn't a weakness.  You lop one off, and there are eight more, and thus plenty of means to take you out with but a thought.  And Hazard will be protecting his weak points viciously.

Or you could outsmart him, like Batman has done so many times to Supes and other powerful beings. Hell, he's had every League member's weakness in his Batcave.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #421 on: June 23, 2013, 01:42:21 AM
I don't like it because it's not new and we already dealt with something similar to that.

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #422 on: June 23, 2013, 01:44:19 AM
I know but Arche wasn't there for that :/

Oh well, I do see your point.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #423 on: June 23, 2013, 02:34:53 AM
Or you could outsmart him, like Batman has done so many times to Supes and other powerful beings. Hell, he's had every League member's weakness in his Batcave.
That's kind of what Fxeni does... except it's mostly all in his head. How else is he going to compete with all the people with superpowers around here? 8D

As for the discussion at hand... yeah, going to have to agree that some things should probably be toned down a bit.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #424 on: June 23, 2013, 03:05:42 AM
Well, I guess now is a good time to expose a bit of a warning and maybe get a few suggestions that won't incidentally lump me into the god-modding crowd.

Jessie, James and Meowth each have three of the cards that will more or less reveal the source of Hierophant's white magic, and all three of them have different powers that may or may not break the balance of the Pokemon RP.

The Wheel of Fortune card has Time Magic, which only controls the energy flow of those within the visual range of whoever holds the card; meaning they can speed up, slow down, or freeze any number of targets in place for as long as they remain untouched.  The card can also foresee everything that happens to the holder and those they're familiar with, allowing them to know what's going on and what they should be doing about it.

The Hanged Man card grants telekinesis, allowing whoever holds the card to control the gravity of any object or being they point to.  However, as displayed on the post, the Hanged Man must always be in the proper upside down position, or their entire body gets flipped upside down, preventing them from moving until the card has been removed.

The Fool card grants Blue Mage abilities.  Not only will it unwittingly redirect any attacks towards it, it imprints the technique into the holder's conscience, allowing them to almost flawlessly mimic any attack without interruption or practice.

While the spells and abilities can be lost if the card is taken away from the from the holder, using any one ability gained from the card more than 50 times for one target, or 100 times for multiple targets without interruption or using another ability will cause the holder to become permanently knowledgeable in the art of performing it, though in a much weaker state than when in possession of the card.  That means if Jessie were to cast Stop more than 100 times on multiple targets, she will be able to continually use it without Wheel of Fortune, but only be able to affect one target at spell.

There are two other flaws aside from taking the cards away and weakening the spells they've learned.  As long as the cards remain within their grasp, they can cast as may spells as their magical energy can afford them, but if the cards were separated more than a few feet, and they don't continually cast at least one spell per day, the energy starts to weaken to the point of nonexistence.  The second is that holders become immune to any status ailments cast by their opposing cards (I.E. if a holder were to use Sleeping Powder after Fool gains it from a Pokemon, it won't affect those holding the Hierophant, Death, or Devil cards).

I doubt it's no big deal, but I want to be sure I'm not going too far before continuing with the Team Rocket trio's vengeful entrance into Stone Town.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D