Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 345003

Offline Irgendein

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #350 on: November 18, 2009, 10:20:04 PM
right now, I'm in Gerudo fortress, so, many, women, yet, can't, let, them, see, me. ;O;
Did you get the Stone Mask?

Offline OmegaZ

• Knows a hot
  • A-Class Hunter
  • Mmmmmm, Coffah.
    • View Profile
Reply #351 on: November 18, 2009, 10:21:40 PM
Yup, and yet apperantly they still see me.

(reffering to Gerudo Miniboss)

Something weird happened to my banner, please wait while I find a new one.

*Elevator music starts playing*

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #352 on: November 19, 2009, 08:50:45 PM
This just went up on IGN.

"We're taking advantage of MotionPlus. It's become very natural – the movement of your arms is precisely reflected in the gameplay. Thanks to the technological advancements, we hope the gameplay can be more accessible to people." - Eijii Aonuma

"We're making efforts regarding the total flow of the Zelda game. So far, the basic flow of the Zelda games is you're exploring a field, you go to a dungeon, you conquer it and return to the field. We're looking at altering that traditional flow. That's all I can share, and I can't say more until E3 next year."

Source: IGN

Seamless dungeons and overworlds anyone? My mind is exploding thinking of what this new structure is. Aonuma ain't [tornado fang]ing around this time. :O

He also stated in a very interesting turn of events that some of the speculation on the internet has been correct regarding the Master Sword & the new female companion. Thoughts? Hype? Optimism? Pessimism? Drop them all here, the Zelda Hype Train is in the [tornado fang]ing station. XD

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #353 on: November 19, 2009, 08:53:08 PM
Wellll... I kind of like exploring a field, finding stuff. Though it would be cool if it went back to Z1 style, many dungeons accessible even from the start, if you just know where to find them.

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #354 on: November 20, 2009, 04:28:43 AM
"We're making efforts regarding the total flow of the Zelda game. So far, the basic flow of the Zelda games is you're exploring a field, you go to a dungeon, you conquer it and return to the field. We're looking at altering that traditional flow. That's all I can share, and I can't say more until E3 next year." [/B]

So, in Master Stroke, you start in the dungeon, conquer a field, then return to space!  BRILLIANT!

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #355 on: November 20, 2009, 04:32:40 AM
The Legend of Zelda: Ganon's Galaxies? XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #356 on: November 20, 2009, 04:47:13 AM
No, the game is still called Master Stroke!  XD

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #357 on: November 20, 2009, 07:47:19 AM
For some reason, I get the vibe for inter-connected dungeons from that. We'll see.

Wellll... I kind of like exploring a field, finding stuff. Though it would be cool if it went back to Z1 style, many dungeons accessible even from the start, if you just know where to find them.
That would be great, although they'd have to make the entrances more obvious this time. Mainly because roaming around endlessly to bomb that one unmarked wall isn't as accepted nowadays than it was back then.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #358 on: November 21, 2009, 12:42:08 AM
Not immediately obvious, but definitely if you already know where they are. Like, after finishing one dungeon, citizens will tell you what to look for to find another, sort of thing.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #359 on: November 21, 2009, 03:35:37 AM
Not immediately obvious, but definitely if you already know where they are. Like, after finishing one dungeon, citizens will tell you what to look for to find another, sort of thing.
Yeah, sounds good to me. Have some sort of landmark nearby or something.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #360 on: November 23, 2009, 01:48:06 PM
Seamless dungeons made me think "whoa! Metroid + Zelda!"

They coul call it... MELDA. Zetroid sounds cool too.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #361 on: November 23, 2009, 01:56:23 PM
So it seems as though Aonuma is opning the floodgates on Zelda Wii as well as his own personalthoughts on working on the series the past few years. I think this is easily one of his best interviews to date however and it gives a really nice insight to what is expected to happen with the series moving forward.

On Zelda's controls on DS and Wii:

Quote from: Eiji Aonuma
The Difference between the two platforms (Wii and DS) is big. The experience with Spirit Tracks, trying to enhance an already 'near-perfect control,' is what pushed us on learning how to rack our brains. With Wii it is the same, we want to make the most of its controls. We want the player to control the game in the best possible way. On Wii, the camera is more realistic. Graphics are more realistic, too, and controls have to be, therefore, much more realistic.

On remaking older Zeldas

There were a lot of things we couldn't do [with Ocarina of Time] due to technical limitations. But I think we've been solving those issues with every Zelda since then. With each entry, I've tried to add things I couldn't do before. Actually, it's like I've been remaking it during these years. So if you ask me if there's going to be a Zelda remake... I thought I was making it all this time! So it maybe I haven't done well enough, I haven't been up to the expected level.

Ocarina of Time & His Opinion on It Now

It's complicated. Past things belong to our memories, and they grow bigger in there. If you play Ocarina of Time nowadays, you notice that it's not that good. Sometimes it doesn't move as fast as it should, graphics aren't as beautiful as they should be; there are some confusing parts... Any present Zelda is technically superior. Everything goes faster, more fluid... but to best Ocarina of Time, a great change –comparable to what happened back then- must be introduced. And that'll be rather complicated.

(That quote is really good, I believe this is the first time that a key player in the Zelda series has publicly acknowledged what it isthat another Zelda needs to punch through the legendary OoT's impressions.)

Finally, his thoughts on working with Miyamoto:

I didn't know our discussions were so well known! (Jelly note: lol upended tea tables XD) I believe we have different visions because Mr. Miyamoto is just a genius; he's got an innate talent, and everything I do, I had to learn step by step. And it took a lot for me, I have no natural talent. I've spent many years with Mr. Miyamoto and, since the beginning, the moment I have to bring my work and show it to him for his opinion is a very special moment, and I enjoy with it. [...] He notices things I'd never see. After this time, our visions are starting to match up more and more. However, I have a lot more left to try to reach his level.

The interview is here, untranslated. Meanwhile, I must say that I like Aonuma's demeanor in this all. It's incredibly refreshing and humble. Finally, I don't get why he discredits his talent so much. anyone who could come up with the Windwaker or Majora's Mask cannot be that lacking in the natural talent department.

Offline HokutoNoBen

• We Are Living! Living in 90s...90s...90s...
  • RPM Soldier
  • Nyohohoho~!
    • View Profile
Reply #362 on: November 23, 2009, 02:51:21 PM
Thank you, Aonuma. Thank you for doing more to just "keep it real".  owob

I'll be honest: I haven't been all that enthused with a new Zelda game in quite a while now, and it had a lot to do with the fact that the formula hasn't been altered that much in years. The population at large would argue "since OoT", but I would take it even farther back, to LttP. Because to me, that's all OoT really is: LttP with a 3D gloss of paint and a slightly different story/scenario.

So if this game, "Master Stroke" or whatever, stands to be the one that really stands to revitalize my interest, and get me pre-ordering my copy with as much as vigor as I used to for Zelda games in the past? I'm all for it. The Zelda series could definitely use a nice "Mario Galaxy" like revitalization in the worst way, and now is as good a time as any.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #363 on: November 23, 2009, 06:24:11 PM
Mario Galaxy was a much smaller change than 2D to 3D, didn't revitalize much at all.

I expect this new Zelda to be the best yet, if you can just get past nostalgic feelings. After all, it's happened every other time so far...

Offline STM

• says you shouldn't play with your
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Herpus Derpimus Prima
    • View Profile
Reply #364 on: November 23, 2009, 06:49:22 PM
Take it out of the dark ages.

I now await all the people who hate the steampunk idea.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #365 on: November 23, 2009, 06:58:51 PM
Take it out of the dark ages.

I now await all the people who hate the steampunk idea.

Personally, I'm all for this just because of one idea that came up over on GAF earlier this year as a silly thought but actually sounded [tornado fang] awesome with enough thought.

Link on a Blimp. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #366 on: November 23, 2009, 07:00:30 PM
As long as Epona does not become a motorcycle or similar I'm fine with whatever setting they use. I'll admit that I kinda want to see Link IN SPACE XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #367 on: November 23, 2009, 07:27:01 PM
I soooooooooo wanted him to say....

Finally, his thoughts on working with Miyamoto:

THAT [shadow runner]'S CRAZY!

Since I just woke up, and my PBrain isn't quite functional and full of Liquid Schwartz yet, I'm curious what changes (Steampunk or other) you would like to see done for Master Stroke.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #368 on: November 23, 2009, 07:28:30 PM
I wish if developers acted more like that PB, things would be so much more lively at times. XD

As for changes, well I could suggest anything and still be surprised by the content in most Zelda games, so I'll just leave it to Nintendo. What would be awesome though is if they found a way to make the game look like The Road to El Dorado with that 2D hand drawn animations and CG enhanced look all while using the art style that was present in Twilight Princess.

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #369 on: November 24, 2009, 03:58:35 PM
The problem with most of the newer 3D Zeldas were that they were trying too hard to be like OoT. For me it's not the nostalgia factor, it's the fact that it could be so much more. Glad to see Eiji thinking in that light.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #370 on: November 24, 2009, 03:59:21 PM
Well breaking free from OoT hopefully means the new game will be like no Zelda ever before.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #371 on: November 24, 2009, 04:00:59 PM
Well breaking free from OoT hopefully means the new game will be like no Zelda ever before.

I for one welcome our new Majora's Mask. XD

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #372 on: November 24, 2009, 04:03:05 PM
Too bad chances are most will [sonic slicer] that it's too different, and Ninty will be forced to go back to the old formula.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #373 on: November 24, 2009, 04:09:26 PM
Too bad chances are most will [sonic slicer] that it's too different, and Ninty will be forced to go back to the old formula.

If this happens, the morons that make up the better half of the gaming community deserve it and a slap to the face.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #374 on: November 24, 2009, 06:30:14 PM
Oh god, I hate this argument so much. Whether its too samey or too different, no one will ever be happy.

I'll just say this: If you don't like the same ol same ol, you're a pretty shitty Mega Man fan.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.