Legend of Zelda - The official Zelda thread

Align · 346646

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1250 on: November 24, 2011, 03:44:09 PM
Heh, you think the Bazaar is expensive? Beedle is a [tornado fang]ing cashwhore!

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • Natural Selection, my FPS of choice
Reply #1251 on: November 24, 2011, 05:43:19 PM
Yeah, but he's not part of the Bazaar so doesn't have a cool remix...

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1252 on: November 24, 2011, 05:47:04 PM
This is very true

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
    • Get equipped with Hyper's DA
Reply #1253 on: November 25, 2011, 05:43:23 PM
Beedle's prices are crazy but at least he sells things that are useful.  Shields are about the only thing I've bought in the Bazaar without feeling ripped off.

You know, I've found ONE DAMN FAIRY in this entire game, somewhere in the forest, and I can't remember where the hell it was...  If I knew the game was that stingy, I'd have set a beacon.

(EDITS: Sealed grounds, pots, can't set a beacon indoors anyway)

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1254 on: November 25, 2011, 05:54:29 PM
There's also one in the first temple, if you cut down one of the boxes in the big circular room.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1255 on: November 25, 2011, 07:47:39 PM
Well I can promise you, I don't buy bombs anymore!  8)

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1256 on: November 26, 2011, 06:11:11 AM
Why would you?  Bomb flowers take all of three seconds to grow back.  If you aren't stuffing your bag full of them every time you see one, you're doing it wrong.

The Other Side
http://www.crowdedstreet.net
irc.esper.net #theotherside

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.
Shepard: Where?
Liara: The lower reaches, near the bottom.
Shepard: I meant, "where on the asari body?"
Liara: So did I.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1257 on: November 26, 2011, 10:38:47 AM
I have yet to buy bombs!

Also, I'm shocked at how much more there is to do! I love this game!

Offline Fxeni

• Master's Unit
  • Shall we?
    • View Profile
Reply #1258 on: November 27, 2011, 06:14:15 PM
So I played a lot of this to drop some of the stress off work. Here are some thoughts, although there might be some (minor) spoilers of sorts, so behind a spoiler wall it goes!

[spoiler]Overall it's quite fun, although I wish one of the bosses would go away (you have to fight it like... three times).

As for the shields... I lost my first one to the boss of the first temple area, and I waited until the third one became available in shop before buying a new one. I upgraded that one until a special one became available via a Boss-Attack like minigame.

I really like how the overworld areas are fully involved the whole way through; no empty fields of nothing this time around (thankfully)! Just be prepared to revisit these areas multiple times. Granted they change temporarily for some of these.

Can I see myself replaying this? ... Maybe. We'll see how I feel after spending some time away from the game.[/spoiler]

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1259 on: November 27, 2011, 06:43:38 PM
I discovered sitting on chairs/etc lets you regenerate hearts. Helped a bunch after I ran through that one corridor made of fire a few times to get all the stuff.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1260 on: November 27, 2011, 11:37:07 PM
Yes. Sitting is glorious!

Offline CephiYumi

• Kick the door, hit the floor, magical words (groovy!)
  • RPM Purifier
  • mew mew~
    • View Profile
Reply #1261 on: November 28, 2011, 02:07:50 AM
All done, can't wait to get the full soundtrack ^^

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1262 on: November 28, 2011, 02:00:12 PM
I only just made my second visit to Faron.  I got real lucky with the boss and managed to finish it off with one heart left, after throwing myself at it in a kamikaze attack.

[spoiler]Down to the last cycle, with only its right arms taken off, I picked up one of its swords and jumped in among a horde of cursed bokoblins and cut its legs off as fast as I could.  Then just wailed on it for everything I was worth.  I can't believe it worked.[/spoiler]

The Other Side

Commander Shepard: *stares blankly at a video of scantily clad asari dancers* ...What kind of hotel is this?
Liara T'Soni: It is a luxury resort with an... exotic edge.  Azure is slang for a part of the asari body in some places on Illium.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1263 on: December 16, 2011, 03:54:59 AM
I only just made my second visit to Faron.  I got real lucky with the boss and managed to finish it off with one heart left, after throwing myself at it in a kamikaze attack.

[spoiler]Down to the last cycle, with only its right arms taken off, I picked up one of its swords and jumped in among a horde of cursed bokoblins and cut its legs off as fast as I could.  Then just wailed on it for everything I was worth.  I can't believe it worked.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Honestly, one of my favorite Zelda boss fights ever![/spoiler]

Posted on: November 28, 2011, 19:49:37
Seriously, this better be released here!  B(

Offline Phi

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #1264 on: December 16, 2011, 04:03:54 AM
Alright, seriously awesome. I ordered the 25th Anniversary Zelda posters on Club Nintendo yesterday, so this would be a sweet addition to my collection.

As if that wasn't enough, it's rumored that the book will include an explanation of the true Zelda timeline along with its Hyrule history section.
:o

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1265 on: December 16, 2011, 04:09:19 AM
I have no doubt that such a timeline exists, but I have equally little doubt that Nintendo rewrites it as they see fit.  I wouldn't put much weight in that rumor.

But hey, it's a Zelda art book.  How the [tornado fang] do you argue with that?  It had DAMN WELL BETTER be coming here!
(especially if there's Midna in it, 'cuz you know, she rules)

In other news, cleared Skyward Sword two days ago.
[spoiler]Man, Demise was a [sonic slicer].  Thankfully once you learn his pattern it's not so bad, but that guy wiped the floor with me until I got "block 3 times" into my skull.

And they were a little devious with where to hide that Hylian Shield.  I missed it completely, seeings how by that point in the game you're getting anxious to save the day already.  Thankfully the rest of my gear was long since fully upgraded.[/spoiler]

Also on DeviantArt, Rumble, DLive.tv, and the Fediverse (@freespeechextremist.com and @bae.st)

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1266 on: December 16, 2011, 04:22:02 AM
[spoiler]I love the Lightning Skyward Strike you can use against Demise!  8D[/spoiler]

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1267 on: December 16, 2011, 04:50:05 AM

Zelda Artbook coming next week!!
(274 pages, "might" include official Zelda timeline, 3255yen/almost $42)

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #1268 on: December 16, 2011, 05:03:31 AM
Exactly

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #1269 on: December 16, 2011, 04:44:52 PM

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #1270 on: December 16, 2011, 10:34:33 PM
I was discussing this with someone, and they said they should make it really authentic...

and write it in Hylian.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Karai

• with RICE
  • B-Class Hunter
  • (not) Missing in Action
    • View Profile
    • My stuff & HI SKORS
Reply #1271 on: December 17, 2011, 01:39:06 AM
Looks promising... I think I want it (but non-moonspeak version please).

That reminds me I still need to get other MM OCW.

Offline Align

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #1272 on: December 18, 2011, 12:19:36 AM
I've just got my first sword upgrade, and I have to say flying has gotten old. Does it change at all, mechanics-wise? In WW you could use items to various effects, and in TP horse-back combat was a big deal. Attacking with the bird dash is awkward as hell though I never seem to get hit, and it takes ages (like 10 seconds) to kill any given target.
Simply flying across the featureless landscape isn't very exciting either, like WW (in TP I really enjoyed seeing the landscape rush past).

Offline Kieran

• He's just a
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #1273 on: December 18, 2011, 08:58:33 PM
No, unfortunately, the flying mechanics don't change at all throughout the rest of the game and nothing ever happens to make it less boring.  It sucks.

On the plus side, you don't have to spend a great deal of time in Skyloft.

The Other Side

Offline Hypershell

• needs DRAGONITE POWER!
  • Legendary Hero
  • Steel in Zee Head
    • View Profile
Reply #1274 on: December 19, 2011, 12:10:40 AM
Your dash is changed to a spiral-dash at one point in the late-game, and yeah, that's pretty much it.  All I can tell you is use those portal-boost-rock-things whenever there's one in your flight path.

Yeah, I liked Twilight Epona better too.  Flying is a crazy rush at the start of the game but it does get old, especially when going in and out of the thunderhead.

I love this game to death, but even having 100% cleared it today, I'm still finding certain control and presentational choices questionable.  This, to me, is every bit the epic Zelda action/story that I crave, but it is not the hit-the-mark demonstration of Wii control setups that, say, Metroid Prime 3 was.  This game has several minor annoyances in its interface, and while the fact that Motion Plus lets me mislead Ghirahim's hand is nice, I found little other relevant use of it besides the bow.  And speaking of the bow, the use of Motion Plus to reset your neutral pointing position is completely senseless and annoying for any items that are NOT the bow.  The same imprecisions of the basic Wii remote losing accuracy when you move too quickly still apply, convincing me that the editorial Motion Plus hype train was a complete load of fiction (this goes way beyond just Zelda, but that's another discussion).  I'm also annoyed with the fact that Link raises his shield whenever he recovers from a hit, thus preventing you from charging a Skyward Strike when you get to your feet.  It took me until the end of the damn game to realize that was a design choice and not a controller malfunction, and it's an exceedingly poor one.  There is ZERO point to it; no enemy attacks you that rapidly, and even if they did, leaving your shield up without a thrust is exactly what you SHOULDN'T be doing according to the new combat and durability mechanics (which are otherwise great).