Gundam Musou 2

Setsuna F. Seiei · 13650

Offline Trike

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: April 26, 2009, 02:28:41 AM
Oh, watch out who you befriend. Depending who you befriend, you could end up skipping over characters to unlock completely. Then you will not be able to unlock them at all.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: April 26, 2009, 02:31:24 AM
Say, is there any way to leave a faction and/or join with another? By accident, I ended up becoming a Titan >__>

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: April 26, 2009, 04:25:52 AM
Not untill your done with it. Just finish the 3 titans missions. Earth is my home 1-3 or somthing.

Once you do that, you can choose from the rest (6-7 or so)

Fastest one to get over with is the Gundam Fight since it's all 3 missions for it are just one on one duels. after that, you choose another and just keep repeating till your done.

"Milliardo peacraft is the new King of Hearts"

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: April 26, 2009, 10:36:58 AM
Does someone have a list of all the joinable factions? Just would like to know.

Oh, one other thing, can it be that once you actually did befriend a certain character, the relationship between the two characters cannot get worse again? Also, I saw in one mission description that in order to unlock it, my relationship with another character has to be friendship or more. So, I guess you can also fall in love with one as well?

"Kira Yamato is now a Newtype."

Yeah, as if we hadn't known yet.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: April 26, 2009, 11:06:10 AM
From what I've seen

ZAFT
Clyne
League Militaire
Earth Federation
Diana Counter
Zeon
AEUG (Z)
Axis
Operation Meteor
Junk Shop Gang
Neo Zeon
Titans
Londo Bell
Anti-Cosmo Babylonial
White Fang

There's also a special Missions with Athrun. Help him escape. (he became Milliardo's BRO, so I was [tornado fang]'d and had to do it. =/

It's semi linked to ZAFT, but you can't be in any group in order to take it.

Also depending on which factions you take and makes friends with, other factions will be gone and have to be done with another character. Which I'd have to do anyways and I can't invite myself to take over White fang =/

Also there's nothing above friendship. That's just another translation [tornado fang] up.

Current status:  Milliardo at Level 40, with the LV.4 parts unlocked for Strike Freedom and Burning Gundam. But [parasitic bomb] those stages were freaking hard. They're difficulty ranked MAX stages, and mandatory hard mode. And in the Domon, I had to fight Master Asia, then some [sonic slicer] from Zeta, then Kamille and Haman, Then the [tornado fang]ing Devil Gundam which took 20 [tornado fang]ing minutes, and THEN Domon powered up.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: April 26, 2009, 08:59:00 PM
Yeah, the level 4 parts are freaking hard to get. Getting the Strike Freedom parts was a nightmare. All of my teammates were down and I had to fight against a whole field of asskicking Nemos and CM Commands, with Kira, M'quve and Lunamaria in the Destiny trying to gangrape me. I saved everytime I actually managed to kit Kira with a Full Burst Mode attack.

Just out of curiosity, how do you actually unlock other abilities in this game? In the first one you usually got new stuff by completing missions, but so far I only have those that the character would learn by default. Perhaps by using different suits?

And how exactly do I install power ups on parts?

Offline Trike

• Net Navi
    • View Profile
Reply #56 on: April 26, 2009, 10:21:03 PM
I have only played Official mode so far, but I am pretty positive the same thing applies. Abilities seem to be linked to Mobile Suits. With parts you just seem to get better parts and equip them, erasing the old parts you had before. If there is an actual power up for parts in Mission Mode then I have no clue.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
  • The Devil in The Poisoned Tuxedo
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: April 26, 2009, 10:52:28 PM
skills are linked to the different suits

adding part abilities can only be done in mission mode.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: April 27, 2009, 11:51:49 AM
With out a doubt, the best skill is easily High Magnetism. You clear a [tornado fang]ing field in literally 3 seconds. since it draws everything into your attack.

Power ups and parts you install via the tech labs. Though rank 4 parts often come with a ton of them already installed. Only the key suits ala Burning master/Freedom/Justice/Destiny have Rank4 missions. Normal units you can get them via clearing certain condition missions. Like the shoot x # of units down.

Posted on: April 26, 2009, 23:22:37
Well, I officially broke Strike Freedom. Ended up with all 4 parts with 100 in each stat.+ a [parasitic bomb] load of abilities.

After 30ish hours and over 50,000 kills on  Milliardo I decided to tack official mode. Though on easy just to get the [parasitic bomb] overt with since I don't care for the modes I've already scene....CCA mode was fun though.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: April 27, 2009, 10:24:48 PM
Been playing for a total of 22 hours now and got Kira up to level 44. I'm still trying to befriend the characters I want though. It does not really seem like having them on your side often enough is the key, since I actually have friends who I've beaten more times than I've been fighting alongside with. And I'm sort of losing hope that I might not actually gain their friendships, although I replay the missions a bunch of times and equipped the charisma skill. Meh, I want to be friends with Char so I can unlock his license missions (which after gaining would also allow me to unlock Luna as a playable character) but I can't seem to increase my level with him, at all. Same for Shinn and Kamille. Any ideas?

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #60 on: April 27, 2009, 11:21:00 PM
Join the various factions. They'll often increase those characters levels. But as said earlier, befriending certain characters will cause other to distrust you.

Offline Gaia

• RPM's only Card Collector.
  • Legendary Hero
  • Yep.
    • View Profile
    • YT Profile Page
Reply #61 on: April 27, 2009, 11:57:37 PM
Join the various factions. They'll often increase those characters levels. But as said earlier, befriending certain characters will cause other to distrust you.

Like if you befriend Heero, obviously, Maximillion? would go Sepiroth on you if you are not careful.

Workshop/DA/YT/Photobucket なにかんがえてるの!?
So its about ass now huh? EVEN THE ASS HAS 'EXCEEDED'!

One mention of LEGENDS and everyone goes batshit.  :\

Yep, every time when someone mentions that game people get energized for an apparent reason whatsoever. It's like this everywhere else, trust me.

It got really messy to find my sprite and comic topic, so it's in my sig.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #62 on: April 28, 2009, 12:49:23 AM
if i'm remembering right, you have to use shinn to unlock luna..

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #63 on: April 28, 2009, 05:21:14 AM
You have to clear Shinn's mode, and also get Shinn the Zaku II (Char) license. Since the mission that unlocks Luna requires Shinn to pilot the Zaku IIS.

Cleared Amuro, char, and Kamiiles official modes. So far just need Judau.

And hahah, so  that's why people kept calling him Jew Dough.

Posted on: April 28, 2009, 01:18:21
Finished Shinn mode. And Got Luna within 20 minutes.

Luckily since most Mission modes support and non main commanders are all completely random, (you can just exit briefing screen after  viewing your allies, and re enter to get new ones) I never had Char as an enemy. All I had to do was 1 free mission where he was my ally and that was it. Just took the license exam and then her annoying mission.

She doesn't have Char's Zaku, but she does get a Destiny License off the bat. Though you can't actually do story missions with her until you get a relationship with Athrun. =/

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #64 on: April 28, 2009, 07:59:28 AM
Like if you befriend Heero, obviously, Maximillion? would go Sepiroth on you if you are not careful.

Actually, when I joined Operation Meteor and finished it, I befriended Heero and got Milliardo to trust me.

if i'm remembering right, you have to use shinn to unlock luna..

You must clear Shinn's story mode, but you can get the friendship mission for Lunamaria (Do you love super aces?) for any character. Except I can't play it because I lack the Zaku II Char Aznable Custom license.

---

Hm, I really don't know what to do in order to get the remaining licenses. I probably need to turn my entire friendlist upside down in order to get Char, Haman etc. I can't even get Amuro beyond distrust.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #65 on: April 28, 2009, 10:48:31 PM
For Licenses, friend levels are just one thing.  For some you have to clear certain missions. Like for Nu Gundam. Having Amuro as a friend etc will only let you take the RX-78 test. To get Nu's, you have to have all main UC suit unlocked 1st. (78, Z, ZZ)

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #66 on: April 29, 2009, 06:19:32 AM
I am aware of that. But without their friendships, I can't do these missions. At one point during my playthrough, I actually unlocked the License Mission for the Turn X, but now it's not accessible anymore because my relationship with Gym went downhill. And I'm really starting to get desperate now, because I pretty much cleared every mission I have access to, and there's still so many on the list for which I have not yet cleared the requirements.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #67 on: April 29, 2009, 06:29:53 AM
Same thing happened with me, only it was for Gym's special missions.

Just do random extra, friendship, and free missions. When you get to the pre-battle screen, just check to see who your allies are. If it's not someone you want to gain trust with, then just exit back and re-enter till you get who you want. You allies and enemies are for the most part random. Even people who hate you can be set up as allies. The stages themselves are usually random as well.

Currently: Maxed out Milliardo with all skills and level 50. Manetism, OverDrive are both godly. Especially with Burning Gundam. Also unlocked the Lv.4 parts for another 10 or so suits.

Best thing to do is take advantage of the random levels and missions generated by the game. And only take part in the stage when you have at least three other allies on the field. Going against the aces alone can be suicide, but not that bad when you gang up on them since they won't get a chance to attack.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #68 on: April 29, 2009, 01:49:47 PM
Same thing happened with me, only it was for Gym's special missions.

Just do random extra, friendship, and free missions. When you get to the pre-battle screen, just check to see who your allies are. If it's not someone you want to gain trust with, then just exit back and re-enter till you get who you want. You allies and enemies are for the most part random. Even people who hate you can be set up as allies. The stages themselves are usually random as well.

That is what I'm doing all the time, mostly the first two friendship missions regarding characters that either detest or mistrust you. The problem is, nothing seems to happen. I heard that chances of gaining the trust of other pilots is increased if you save them from a tight spot, but the issue is, even on hard when it's just a stage where the objective is nothing more than clearing all fields, they usually never lose that much health and clear the fields on their own.

And charisma isn't doing the trick either. I guess I can check off Zeon in Kira's case, there's too many of them that don't like me, and as far as I recall the one to recruit you to Zeon has to be Dozle, and I kick his ass all the time. The only Zeon people who like me are Gyunei and Nagai, but I believe to get into Neo Zeon, it has to be Char, as Haman is for Axis.

Offline Nekomata

• The Adorable
  • RPM Goddess
    • View Profile
Reply #69 on: April 29, 2009, 06:35:44 PM
just do the first friendship mission over and over.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #70 on: April 30, 2009, 05:47:08 AM
I just gave up for a while and just focused on the faction missions...Ironically, after doing that I now have like fifty [tornado fang]ing people on the friendship section, with like 5 people being douche bags.

And seems to get certain license missions, you need to beat the corresponding characters story. I have Uso, Seabook and Cecily all at friend level, but I still couldn't take the F91 and V2 tests. Also Musha gundam was an ass. Every other hit will cause you to power down.

game wise, Best [tornado fang]ing skills are DG Cells, Over Drive (certain suits only),

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #71 on: May 02, 2009, 09:29:49 PM
Today's log of achievements:

-Maxed out Kira Yamato (still working on Strike Freedom though)
-Unlocked Ramba Ral, Dozle Zabi, M'quve, Lunamaria Hawke, Gym Ghingham
-Aquired Licenses for Gundam, Zeta Gundam, ZZ Gundam, Nu Gundam, Zaku II CA, Gelgoog CA, Infinite Justice Gundam

Still a long road to go. I'll try to focus myself on Haman and Shinn tomorrow. I also need to increase my friendship with Char just a little bit more in order to get the Hyaku-Shiki license mission.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #72 on: May 03, 2009, 03:55:53 AM
I've pretty much all I can do with Milliardo himself. Max level, all characters at MAX friendship, all licenses, and he pretty much got me the 100,000 kills achivement on his own. Currently at 98,000+ on his own, with a total gameplay count of around 130,000 ish. Also a lone 278 missions on his own.

Single player gamplay wise, the only 3 acheivments I need left are Clearing all characters mission modes (dozzle, Haman, and Shirocco), getting all 4 rank parts, and also clearing all missions.

But the last one I'm skipping. The mission layouts are too [tornado fang]ing confuseing. Certain characters have certain unique missions, that require a ton of time to unlock. I just cleared Operation Meteor with Sleggar, and it unlocked Mills special stage, ZERO vs Epyon. Which mimicks the anime when Zechs' was ZERO's original pilot.

Offline Saber

• King of Knights
  • Neo Arcadian
  • 「Archetype Hero」
    • View Profile
Reply #73 on: May 07, 2009, 10:17:18 AM
So, has any of you been able to play online by now? Because I still can't.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #74 on: May 07, 2009, 10:53:07 AM
Haven't bothered. What ever [tornado fang] said let's give the English version online play needs to be shot. Musuo games weren't meant to be played that way.