The "BlazBlue" Thread

Acid · 149601

Offline Bueno Excelente

• Diddlyboodlyzoodly
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #425 on: March 19, 2011, 01:32:29 PM
Enjoy your Blazblue, kids.

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/16045-blazblue-sequel-for-consoles-in-development-no-more-guilty-gear/

Cause we ain't getting no more Guilty Gear. At all. Done. Finito.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #426 on: March 19, 2011, 01:50:26 PM
FFFFFUUUUuuuu-
Oh well, all good things must come to an end, I guess.

Offline X-3

• ???
  • Robot Master
    • View Profile
Reply #427 on: March 19, 2011, 10:40:24 PM
Didn't they confirm that a new GG was in development just a few weeks ago?

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #428 on: March 20, 2011, 05:45:40 AM
Yeah, there's conflicting sources on this. The interview that story is referencing is open to debate as well. Some are taking part of it to mean there's a new BlazBlue in development, which I can see being true, but what was referenced could have just been the CSII patch.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #429 on: March 30, 2011, 05:46:03 AM

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #430 on: April 14, 2011, 11:41:43 PM
http://blazblue.jp/images/topics/0415_Platinum/platinum.pdf

Okay, so the date for Plat and the CS2 patch I posted before turns out is not true. It's a little later than that. Platinum and the CS2 patch will be released in Japan on May 10 for 360 and 12 for PS3. American dates are likely going to be similar. Platinum will cost the same as Makoto and Valkenhayn, 560 MSP and 800 yen. For 360, this apparently will also come with the fix for Valkenhayn's achievements.

There's also some tweaks included:
- The netcode is better, thank god.
- Player's PSR is displayed while in matches.
- If you're in Training mode waiting for a Ranked match, you can choose your dummy freely; you're not locked into one dummy at the start anymore.
- Specifications for Ranked are changed.
- Challenge mode will change to the CS2 version.
- When heat or some other meter is required in a challenge, the way it refills is different.
- And apparently there's more punishments for ragequitters.

The extra stories, Arcade modes for the DLC characters, the upgraded Legion mode, and Abyss mode are not included here. And I kinda doubt they'll ever be on console.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #431 on: May 10, 2011, 04:12:32 PM
Well, looks like the CSII patch and Platinum are out today for the 360 in NA too. Dunno about Europe. As for the PS3...well, I think it should be obvious ^^;

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #432 on: May 11, 2011, 12:09:23 AM
Tager's 9th challenge is busted. For whatever reason Bang doesn't stay magnetized. Wonder if any others don't work. This isn't a problem for me, though, cause I did all of Tager's before the patch. He's the easiest to get all 10 with. It's a console only problem, too. I've played the PSP version, and all the challenges worked like they were supposed to.

If anyone's curious about an easy way to do 5000 damage in a combo with Platinum, just pick unlimited Plat against a Tager, build up 50 heat, and do 236236D. Depending on the positioning, the meteor shower should pummel Tager for over 5k. Only works on Tager because he's so big. I doubt it can work on anyone else; you'd get about 3.5k off most characters.

Speaking of achievements, the achievement for a 5000 damage combo with Valkenhayn unlocked posthumously for me. All I did was select Unl. Valk in a match, and I got both the Unlimited achievement and the combo achievement. I'm actually kinda curious about the 7 challenges achievement. Like, what would happen if you already had 7 or more done? I don't know cause I waited to do the 7th challenge until the issue was fixed.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #433 on: May 11, 2011, 12:34:48 AM
God I hope the 7 challenges one does unlock in that case because I don't think I can make it any further with him >__<

Anyways, haven't had the chance to try this at all because of finals, but from what you say they replaced all of the trials but left the numbers that you had already completed as finished? Aww, I was hoping they'd count as 10 more trials for everyone else, it would make getting that damn 100 trials achievement much easier =/

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #434 on: May 12, 2011, 07:04:17 PM
I'm actually really liking Platinum. I thought I wouldn't have liked her at all.

MEOW! MEOW! MEOW! MEOW!

Then upgrade to Kon;

ROAR! ROAR! ROAR! ROAR!

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #435 on: May 13, 2011, 07:52:42 AM
I feel the same. I'm enjoying Platinum much more than I expected I would.

This is good for me because I'm shopping around for a new main (dropping Hakumen like a rock), and Plat is one of my candidates. I'm also willing to learn Makoto and Tsubaki, and I already know plenty of Ragna's stuff.

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #436 on: May 13, 2011, 03:33:46 PM
Speaking of Haku, what the HELL is up with that change in input commands? Hazama also seems a little harder to use with his pickup off the ground special, but maybe it's cause I haven't played in a while? Though the day before the patch came out, it seemed like I was doing fine.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #437 on: May 13, 2011, 06:53:57 PM
Well, I guess being harder to play is Hazam's trade off to be S tier. You have to relearn pretty much everyone after the patch except maybe the DLC characters since I don't think they changed that much, but guys like Bang/Taokaka/Hazama? Damn o_O

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #438 on: May 13, 2011, 08:34:47 PM
Speaking of Haku, what the HELL is up with that change in input commands?

I know Lotus is a qcf now instead of a qcb. Which I'd call a good thing. It makes tiger kneeing Firefly much easier. I don't recall any other inputs changing though.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #439 on: May 13, 2011, 09:04:25 PM
Is anyone up for some matches to get used to the new changes?

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #440 on: May 13, 2011, 09:39:52 PM
A quick Google search explains why my Hazama combos aren't working. Really lame. Some of that stuff was really in tune with his whole style.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #441 on: September 28, 2011, 06:26:18 AM
Wow this topic got buried. I have no idea what the BB community is like right now. Is it as dead as MK9?

Just to get everyone up to speed with the new version, Continuum Shift Extend:

- Relius is a playable character. Uses Ignis as his weapon, both by summoning parts of her or other machinations in his normals. or having her float behind him kind of like a Stand. Shares one or two things with Carl, but is definitely not a clone.
- According to quotes from Mori from many months ago, two more characters will come around. One is Kokonoe, the other is a male character we haven't seen before (i.e. not Jubei). Most people believe it'll be Lord Tenjo's son.
- New story chapters exclusive to the game. Also has Calamity Trigger's story as well. Likely has the CS2 Portable stories as well.
- Abyss and Legion 1.5 are there as well. I assume Unlimited Wars is there too.
- 2 vs 2, 3 vs 3, and 4 vs 2 options.
- You can't combo off a Counter Assault unless you're Arakune or Carl. But everyone can combo off throws midscreen now.
- More pushback on various types of blocking.
- Carl's seiyuu is the default announcer now.

- The arcade version is supposed to be out this month Might be a week off though.
- The game is a PSVita launch title in Japan. December 17.
- PS3 and 360 versions come out the same time. December 17.

The big news, though, according to one of Mori's tweets, is that the console version is disc only. There is no DLC option this time around. Considering all the story and extra modes that're being added in, fair enough. But I don't know what they're gonna do about the DLC characters for CS1/2. Are they on the disc from the start, or are they going to remain DLC like Jill and Shuma in UMvC3?

Offline Rin

• The Hate Machine
  • Master's Unit
  • WORD
    • View Profile
Reply #442 on: September 28, 2011, 08:34:38 AM
WHERE IS MY GODDAMN PC VERSION?!
YOU RELEASE CALAMITY TRIGGER, BUT NOT THIS?!
[tornado fang] YOU ARKSYS! [tornado fang] YOU!

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #443 on: September 28, 2011, 05:56:51 PM
The big news, though, according to one of Mori's tweets, is that the console version is disc only. There is no DLC option this time around. Considering all the story and extra modes that're being added in, fair enough. But I don't know what they're gonna do about the DLC characters for CS1/2. Are they on the disc from the start, or are they going to remain DLC like Jill and Shuma in UMvC3?

They're on the disc from the start. Honestly, Relius being the only new character annoys me a lot considering that I already bought Mak, Valk, and Plat, so I'd pretty much be paying for balance changes, one new character, 4 more stories, and a team mode =/

...I'm still getting this.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #444 on: September 28, 2011, 08:20:48 PM
They were never on the disk, that was just place holder data. We've hacked the disk to hell and back and neither the PS3 or 360 Continuum shift had nowhere near the data to hold a full character on either 3 slots.

Not sure why people are raging about no DLC. It was known for ages that Extend was a separate title. Mori even flat out said it at TGS a few weeks ago.

And for those who havn't seen it, Relius Astral is to tie up the opponent S&M style in his secret sex chamber, and then literally [twin slasher] them behind closed doors. Hence his nickname of ASSDRILL FINISH

And the balance changes were mostly already done since CSII.

Most importantly the Ragna [Top Spin]s getting what they deserve and having him bumpted down to C tier.  

Rachel got moved from What the [tornado fang] Tier up to A tiear (She was S tier back in CT, but CS origionally moved her so low she was in her own tier and basically unplayable)

Jin moved up a Tier,

Bang is now B tier

Noel was moved all the way to S tier. You literally can just play the game by spamming Drives now.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #445 on: September 28, 2011, 10:29:35 PM
They were never on the disk, that was just place holder data. We've hacked the disk to hell and back and neither the PS3 or 360 Continuum shift had nowhere near the data to hold a full character on either 3 slots.

I'm talking about Extend.

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #446 on: September 28, 2011, 10:46:41 PM
Misread.

Also expect new music as well. Obviously Relius VS Carl will get one. Too bad Carl sucks and is the most worthless person of all.

They REALLY should make playable BloodEdge as secret boss. (And not Unlimited Ragna)

Kokonoe ([tornado fang]ing [sonic slicer], *Lambda's ending) and Tendo will most likely not show up until the next true game. Seeing as it's set to be in the remains if Ikaruga.

Also talk is that the reason Noel was beefed up to S tier is because she as she was won't return in the next title. (She has the Mu equipment, and her guts were destroyed in the last game)

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #447 on: September 29, 2011, 04:57:40 AM
[parasitic bomb], I'm way behind on BB news. Didn't even know there was a new title coming out soon.

Day one for me either way. Love BB.

Knockout Mondays

WIP Wednesdays

Weekend Game Hangout

Offline Setsuna F. Seiei

• Neo Arcadian
  • 俺が, ガンダムだ!
    • View Profile
Reply #448 on: September 29, 2011, 06:32:05 AM
If  you already have Continuum Shift it's not really worth getting.

I'm just going to wait until it hits the bargain bin.

Also [tornado fang] Challenge mode. It was gay in SF4 and it's the same here. At least let me choose the opponent, not someone with such a retarded  hit box such as Bang.

Offline Frozen Potato

• The Unamused Blue Haired
  • Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #449 on: September 29, 2011, 08:28:00 AM
And Tager is a goddamn bearhugging overkill in challenge mode, though everyone knows that already.