Super Smash Bros. Bitchslap: What Do You Want To See In It?

Jericho · 145238

Offline Protoman Blues

• Green Lantern of Sector 1337
  • RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #250 on: July 06, 2009, 09:32:38 PM

Dr. Mario
To those who say he should just be a costume swap, I say, screw you up the ass with a syringe.  Dr. Mario can, nay, MUST be playable.  He just needs a little alteration, and thankfully, I'm just the hardcore, insane Dr. Mario fan to do it, and make him more unplayably powerful than ever before!  Anyway, just like illnesses and disease, two of Dr. Mario's B moves are somewhat random.  His A move list is pretty much just like it was in Melee, similar to Mario's but different, BETTER effects.  

Standard B: Pills.
Not much change going on here.  They're totally better than Mario's Fireballs anyway!  
Up B: Pill Uppercut.
Not much change going on here either. Just like Mario's, except Pills come out instead of coins.
Down B: Virus.
A definitely change over the F.L.U.D.D and Mario Twister.  Dr. Mario stands still and a random Virus gas will surround him for a short period of time, during which time Dr. Mario cannot switch Viruses.  Enemies close by will by hit by this gas, similar to Fox's shield.  Gas will affect Dr. Mario's regular A moves.  Each Virus has a different effect.
Red Virus: If standing next to Dr. Mario, opponent will be knocked back with fire.  If hit by Red Virus A Moves, opponent's health rises faster from burning.
Blue Virus: If standing next to Dr. Mario, opponent will be frozen with ice.  If hit by Blue Virus A Moves, opponent will move slower, possibly get frozen.
Yellow Virus: If standing next to Dr. Mario, opponent will be put to sleep. If hit by Yellow Virus A Moves, opponent gets knocked in opposite direction, similar to Mario's Cape.
Forward B: Virus Toss
A random Virus will be tossed and latch onto the opponent.  Like the Down B move, each Virus has a different effect.
Red Virus: Latches on and causes opponents health to rise from burning.
Blue Virus: Latches on and causes opponent to move slower.
Yellow Virus: Latches on and causes opponents controls to be reversed.

Final Smash: Pill Dump.
Dr. Mario will yell out, "HERE WE GO!" as he jumps upward off the screen.  A box will appear on the right with Dr. Mario in it, and lots of pills will start dropping from the sky, starting slowly at first, but then moving faster and faster.  Pills do decent knockback if they hit, will kill anyone above 150% damage.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #251 on: July 06, 2009, 09:54:15 PM
How awesome?

So. Awesome. XD

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
  • Whose franchise is dead?
    • View Profile
Reply #252 on: July 06, 2009, 10:08:44 PM
that's pretty damn good. i especially like the FS.

- Toon Link's spot is assumed to be there, however, I'm leaving him out in the case that Link gets an overhaul and Zelda Wii turns out to have a character that has a high potential for being playable and relevant to Smash 4. If anything, Toon Link is the fail safe fourth pick.

no matter what a new Zelda could introduce, i can't see it impacting Link in any great way. you didn't see Link having a wolf transformation in Brawl, did you? and the Toon games are kinda their own subseries. ditching TL for someone else from the "main" series at this point just isn't fair.

- No one should ever use the too mature line for Smash. Ever. See Solid Snake.

there's a difference. while Metal Gear is a mature series, Snake as a character isn't so much. they didn't have to tweak his personality to keep him there. they just focused more on the humorous side of Snake and not the philosophical one. Travis is a pretty funny guy, yes, but he's also a F-bomb machine. i don't want to see him dumbed down for Smash. same for Jack, except he's far more of a bad guy than Snake and Travis combined.

both series are also way more mature than Metal Gear. at least, not on a mental level. the amount of bloody violence present in these 2 soon to be 3 games is exponentially greater than anything in the entire Metal Gear series. it's not a smart business decision on Nintendo's part to introduce kids to such controversial games. family friendly and all.

- Don't know about expensive really, considering that Brawl was Nintendo's most expensive endeavor to date as well as something they were proud of. The publicity would really pay for the entry fees anyway in a situation like this.

still, i don't see Square willing to cooperate with Nintendo on something like this. they're still butthurt over the PlayStation. and they're a real moneyhungry company, too. i imagine the legal fees to license a SE character would be nuts.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #253 on: July 06, 2009, 10:50:04 PM
How awesome?

So. Awesome. XD

that's pretty damn good. i especially like the FS.

Of course it is.  After all, I wrote it!   8D

Super Mario Bros. 3 Mario
To remind people that Bitchslap is totally suppose to be fun and that we can create and add in whomever the [tornado fang] we want to, I've decided to make SMB3 Mario a character.  Obviously, his B moves will be completely based on his suits, but to make him more unique, each suit will alter his A moves as well, plus change how light or heavy he'll be.  Until SMB3 Mario changes his suit, he keeps that suit on.

Standard B: Raccoon Tail.
SMB3 Mario puts on the Raccoon Suit and spins his tail around.  SMB3 Mario can move while spinning his tail similar to Luigi, except the SMB3 Mario can charge his Raccoon Tail spin for more distance and power.  Fully charged Raccoon Tail does decent decent damage & knockback.  While in the air, holding the jump button will let SMB3 Mario softly float down using his Tail.  While in the Raccoon Suit, SMB3 Mario is average in speed, power, and damage.
Up B: Frog Jump.
SMB3 Mario puts on the Frog Suit and jumps super high up.  While in the Frog Suit, SMB3 Mario can jump high, but moves slower, does average damage, and takes less damage.
Down B: Tanooki Statue.
SMB3 Mario puts on the Tanooki Suit and turns into a statue and will drop fast if in the air.  Does decent damage.  While in the air, holding the jump button will let SMB3 Mario softly float down using his Tail.  While in the Tanooki Suit, SMB3 Mario is lighter and faster, but does little damage and takes more damage.
Forward B: Hammer Toss.
SMB3 Mario puts on the Hammer Suit and will toss Hammers at opponents.  Hammers can be aimed and do decent damage.  While in the Hammer Suit, SMB3 Mario is slower and heavier, but takes little damage and does more damage.

Final Smash: Warp Whistle.
SMB 3 Mario will pull out his Warp Whistle, and a whirlwind will appear around him.  Anyone caught in or above the whirlwind will be flung up or off screen.  

or

Final Smash: Kuriboh's Shoe.
SMB 3 Mario will jump into Kuriboh's Shoe and is invincible for 12 seconds.  SMB 3 can move faster, jump higher and each hit does decent damage and knockback.  SMB 3 Mario can shoot fireball as well while in Kuriboh's Shoe.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 10:11:08 AM by Protoman Blues »

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #254 on: July 06, 2009, 10:59:59 PM
To remind people that Bitchslap is totally suppose to be fun and that we can create and add in whomever the [tornado fang] we want to,

i am going to take this as an answer/[tornado fang] You to my recent comments.

and someone is going to be pissed you didn't include the Kuriboh's Shoe.

What happens in Vegas stays on Youtube. I also stream on Twitch from time to time.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #255 on: July 06, 2009, 11:04:34 PM
i am going to take this as an answer/[tornado fang] You to my recent comments.

and someone is going to be pissed you didn't include the Kuriboh's Shoe.

Not a [tornado fang] you.  Just more of a wake up Bitchslap!  8D

And you know, I thought of putting the Kuriboh's Shoe as his Final Smash, but went with the Warp Whistle.  Perhaps I'll add that in as another Final Smash option.  I also could've switched the Standard B & Forward B suits as well.

EDIT: Added in Final Smash: Kuriboh's Shoe.   8)

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #256 on: July 06, 2009, 11:13:13 PM
Kuribo's Shoe would be an epic item though. Imagine picking it up and turning into an 8 bit version of your character that could run up and down the level stomping on your opponents' heads for easy spikes or could pogostick jump on you repeatedly to soften you up (no knockback, but the damage racks up like points in SMB)?

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #257 on: July 06, 2009, 11:14:32 PM
0v0 Super Mario 3!! Oh wow~ I love this character already. Being able to use the items against the other Brawlers. :3

I love it, PB! I would definitely come up with an idea like this myself. It's so awesome, I would never use anyone else. >U<

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #258 on: July 06, 2009, 11:23:54 PM
Kuribo's Shoe would be an epic item though. Imagine picking it up and turning into an 8 bit version of your character that could run up and down the level stomping on your opponents' heads for easy spikes or could pogostick jump on you repeatedly to soften you up (no knockback, but the damage racks up like points in SMB)?

That's a very good point too.  Perhaps the awesomicity of Kuriboh's Shoe should be shared by all Brawlers, not just SMB3 Mario.  Well I'll still leave the Final Smash option there just in case.

0v0 Super Mario 3!! Oh wow~ I love this character already. Being able to use the items against the other Brawlers. :3

I love it, PB! I would definitely come up with an idea like this myself. It's so awesome, I would never use anyone else. >U<

I thought you might love this addition to the Bitchslap.  XD

I still need to retool TOON LINK as well.  I love this topic.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #259 on: July 06, 2009, 11:31:45 PM
I do as well PB, I just haven't had time for it due to other things I'm typing up. XD

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #260 on: July 06, 2009, 11:32:56 PM
You guys just make sure not to forget the sword to the head Final Smash, ok?

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #261 on: July 06, 2009, 11:36:55 PM
I'm still of the firm belief that Toon Link's FS should be the Grand Hurricane Spin which he does by using the Four Sword to create 3 other Links to stand one on top of the other and they all collectively spinspinspinspin until they create a spiral vortex of [tornado fang] you up. Either that or he pulls out the Windwaker and performs the Ballad of The Gales which allows you to control a cyclone that sweeps across the stage for a few seconds.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #262 on: July 06, 2009, 11:38:26 PM
I'm still of the firm belief that Toon Link's FS should be the Grand Hurricane Spin which he does by using the Four Sword to create 3 other Links to stand one on top of the other and they all collectively spinspinspinspin until they create a spiral vortex of [tornado fang] you up. Either that or he pulls out the Windwaker and performs the Ballad of The Gales which allows you to control a cyclone that sweeps across the stage for a few seconds.

I actually have another idea in mind for his FS actually.   8D

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #263 on: July 06, 2009, 11:41:28 PM
I'm still of the firm belief that Toon Link's FS should be the Grand Hurricane Spin which he does by using the Four Sword to create 3 other Links to stand one on top of the other and they all collectively spinspinspinspin until they create a spiral vortex of [tornado fang] you up.

Ok, Four Sword is good too XD

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #264 on: July 07, 2009, 12:30:40 AM

Toon Link
In terms of Brawl characters that need a re-tooling, I definitely think Toon Link is #1 on that list.  Well, not so much his A moves, but more his B moves, cause Toon Link should definitely not just be a Link clone with all the different and unique items he's had then Link in his games.  For example, Toon Link is holding the Phantom Sword instead of the Master Sword.  There are many different ways to do Toon Link, but here is mine.

Standard B: Hero's Bow.
Okay, not much of a change here, but this would be the only thing that I wouldn't really change from Toon Link.  The only different I'd make is with the Arrows.  The Arrows would be random between Fire, Ice, and Light.  Fire would burn, Ice would freeze, Light would do more damage.
Up B: Hurricane Spin.
Similar to the Spin Slash, in terms of charging, however Toon Link can move & jump while he is spin.  Lasts longer and does more damage & knockback depending on how long it's been charged.  In the air, it does not go as high as Link's Spin Slash and the spin is straighter and does not knock opponent upward.
Down B: Bombchu
Toon Link pulls out a Bombchu which will hunt after an opponent for 10 seconds before exploding.  Bombchu's explode on contact, crawl up walls, and jump up ledges as well.  Does decent damage with little knockback.
Forward B: Deku Leaf
Toon Link pulls out his Deku Leaf and will rapidly swing Deku Leaf up and down and blow opponents away slightly.  Does decent knockback if hit by Deku Leaf up close.  Tossed Items at opponents like Fox's Reflector.  Items on ground will be blown away.  While in air, the Deku Leaf allows Toon Link to float down slowly to ground.

Final Smash: Phantom Hourglass
Toon Link uses the power of the Phantom Hourglass, embedded in the Phantom Sword, and freezes time in place for 10 seconds, to which nothing on the stage moves during that time.  Toon Link can attack opponents and knock back effect and damage is calculated when time unfreezes.  If opponent is in dodging state or invincible during the time freeze, no damage is done to opponent.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #265 on: July 07, 2009, 12:33:07 AM
Phantom Hourglass is Broken Tier. XD

Love the other ideas though.

Offline Acid

• RPM Knight
    • View Profile
Reply #266 on: July 07, 2009, 12:37:56 AM
DQ Slime

He instantly wins the moment he touches you. He's a killer.

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #267 on: July 07, 2009, 12:39:30 AM
I'm am all up for a DQ Slime Knight as an AT. XD

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #268 on: July 07, 2009, 12:42:03 AM
Phantom Hourglass is Broken Tier. XD

Love the other ideas though.

Not really.  If you dodge properly, which you have NO problem doing you S.O.B., you avoid getting hit just like with other Final Smashes.  If you're Invincible, just like with other Final Smashes, you take no damage. 

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #269 on: July 07, 2009, 12:45:40 AM
I see. Also: 8D

Offline HyperSonicEXE

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #270 on: July 07, 2009, 12:49:44 AM
Oh yeah, and there'd better be a Falcon or Tornado ST (Standing Tank) Assist Trophy. You could make either character playable, really, but let's see some Metal Combat love, here!

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #271 on: July 07, 2009, 12:54:31 AM
I see. Also: 8D

Plus, it makes his Down Spike sooooooo much more fun, if he hits a person, time unfreezes, and said person just goes flying down!   8)

Offline Satoryu

• Visually Appealing
  • RPM Purifier
    • View Profile
Reply #272 on: July 07, 2009, 01:30:23 AM
i made a short list of stage ideas i'd like to see here. they were just base ideas for locales, with no stage gimmicks explained. well, i'm going to try to describe some of the ideas i have for them.

World 8-4 aka Bowser's Room --
-- the de facto retro Mario stage. it's a flat stage with walk off edges, lava pits, and statues that spit fire. it could have a few ? blocks too. but the one gimmick i really want to see is the axe. if a player touches the axe, which is at a random part of the stage, parts of the floor will open up to reveal more lava pits.

Rainbow Road --
-- i imagine this stage to act like Mute City and Delfino Plaza. the players fight on a default platform that flies around the track. the platform lowers onto the track at random parts, creating new platforms in their place for more dynamic fights. kart racers sometimes zoom by, as well as Chain Chomps. you can figure out which would hurt more. as for which Rainbow Road this is modelled after, i'd prefer to see an original one. but if i had to pick an existing one, i'd pick the one in MK64.

Good Egg Galaxy --
-- in particular, i can see this taking place on the planet you start on in this stage in Galaxy. the one with the house on one side, and the tower on the other. like Brinstar Depths, the planet would rotate around randomly. in addition, Star Bits fall onto the stage randomly. they can be picked up and thrown at enemies.

100m --
-- to get rid of the yellow blocks, you'd attack them instead of walking over them. having the hammers there might not be smart either. but the fire enemies would be there, as would DK. if you release both blocks from a floor, the middle part of that floor falls onto the one below it, crushing anyone beneath it. the same goes for DK. after all the floors have been broken, they would respawn after a certain amount of time.

K Rool's ship --
-- i don't have much here. i can see the layout being just like in DKC. kind of a wider but shorter Pirate Ship, with less platforms and less room to swim, if any at all. some Kremlings could show up too.

Kakariko Village --
-- i can see this place working like Onett, minus the cars. it's a flat stage with walk off edges and no pits. the structures would be a couple houses, maybe a more elaborate structure like the windmill from OoT. the stage's main gimmick would be Cuccos. a Cucco would show up randomly. you can pick him up and throw him. if you're holding one while in the air, your falling speed will be tremendously slower. if you attack a Cucco, it'll attack back. and if you attack it enough, you'll be swarmed by a whole flock of them.

Ganon's Castle --
-- i can't say much about what the stage could be like. an evil looking version of Hyrule Castle from 64, maybe. maybe it would be indoors. but the one concrete idea i have for this is it would be destructable. so much so, the entire castle would collapse, leaving a flat playing field at the very bottom, with rubble and whatnot strewn around. obviously, i'm thinking of Ocarina again.

Phendrana Drifts --
-- i didn't list this one originally. but i can't think of a good way to present the other two suggestions (Tourian and the Pirate Homeworld). this would be the first open room in Phendrana, with the two rock columns in the middle. it would be another flat stage with no pits. but it would have a Sheegoth or two on the bottom that can attack you. you can kill them, of course.

Death Egg Zone --
-- specifically, i'm thinking of the Death Egg from Sonic 3 & Knuckles. so that means its gimmick is gravity switching. however, instead of players playing on the ceiling, the stage would invert, for the sake of less headaches. other hazards could include electric floors, spikes, and a badnik or two.

Clock Tower --
-- this stage wouldn't be based on one Castlevania Clock Tower in particular, but use the most common elements. spinning gears, both horizontal and vertical, and of all shapes and sizes. and of course, those pesky Medusa Heads. i can see the stage being very tall but not that wide.

also, i think it was Hypershell who suggested an F-Zero stage where you fight atop the machines of the Chain Gang from the story scenario in F-Zero GX. i really like that idea. only thing i'd say is that there should be a default platform to stand on, and other machines could zip by and blow up at their leisure.

and why is it that i'm having such a hard time thinking of a Mega Man stage?

Offline Jericho

• Rather Unique
  • RPM Knight
  • Long time no see!
    • View Profile
Reply #273 on: July 07, 2009, 01:43:44 AM
It's hard coming up with a Classic Megaman stage, the only one I ever got close with was the Robot Master Museum from 7/Rockman & Forte, just because it varies wildly and has RM cameos.

Awakening Road/Intro Stage for Megaman X would have been kick ass as well, but that deals more with X side of things. (Unless Megs gets two stages, in which case, yes plz.)

Then, I wanted to make a Sanctuary Fortress Aerie level for the Metroid series where players would fight in the ascending elevator. Players could only KO by knocking someone upward (since most of the shaft is solid) until they reached the top. When they reach the top, there could be a Dark Samus stage hazard where she'll attack from the background with her Scatter Shot or just Shinespark through. The level could also fluctuate between Light and Dark Worlds for an additional stage hazard, and have a Quadraxis cameo in the background.

Offline Protoman Blues

• RPM Knight
  • Searching for Wanda
    • View Profile
Reply #274 on: July 07, 2009, 02:00:05 AM
Gotta say, those are some fantastic stage choices right there, Sato.  I'll see what I can come up with later on as well.