A HOENN NEW RPM POKEMON ADVENTURE!

Pyro · 131222

Offline Sakura Leic

• PB's Egoprentice and Weapon's Shack Owner
  • RPM Soldier
  • Don't make me mess you up
    • View Profile
Reply #2625 on: May 08, 2014, 03:54:25 AM
"Okay I'd like 7 bagels, 7 muffins, and a small coffee." Sakura ordered.

(Not listing the flavors.)

Current playthrough: Chrono Trigger and God Eater Ressurection

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2626 on: May 08, 2014, 04:46:53 AM
"AHHHHH! Muffin Man!" Pyro yelled and ran into the restrooms.

(Quickie should be able to get the reference. ;))

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2627 on: May 08, 2014, 04:47:27 AM
Joe and Zoroark limped, and joined Mewtwo at a table; The coffee being carried via Zoroark's Extrasensory. As Joe tried to get comfortable in the seat, which wasn't easy because of the tutu and pain, Zoroark turned his attention to Mewtwo.

"So... You mentioned you know the Doctor... Or at least something along that line of thought."

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2628 on: May 08, 2014, 05:02:48 AM
Mewtwo nodded, working on his coffee as Quickie joined them with her own order. "He was one of my creators."  He yawned again and shook his head in an attempt to stay awake, and then looked to Quickie. "On our way to port, I may nap in the car."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2629 on: May 08, 2014, 05:36:51 AM
"I see..."

Zoroark downed a bit of his coffee, and almost gagged out in slight disgust.

"Blargh! You all drink this like it's normal? It tasted like Durin Berry Juice!!"

"Hehe... You are just... Not used to it..."

Joe proceeded to down a bit of his, and started to feel better.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2630 on: May 08, 2014, 05:41:27 AM
Mewtwo took a few swallows of his coffee and snacked on a bagel covered with cream cheese.  Needless to say, a day of classes, plus lack of sleep the previous nights due to exams and studying has worn him out.  His short nap from earlier wasn't sufficient enough and he hoped to get some more sleep at another time.

Quickie drank some of her own coffee. "It tastes better when flavored, but I'll drink it straight if I have to."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2631 on: May 08, 2014, 05:42:23 AM
"Mr. Zoroark do you not like Bitter things?" Sakura asked him "Maybe you should try putting some sugar and cream in it so it's not so strong, it's very rare to see someone who actually likes drinking coffee with nothing added."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2632 on: May 08, 2014, 05:51:47 AM
"I guess Zoroark just doesn't like the slight bitterness. White coffee already has creamer, and a bit of sugar mixed in."

"... I admit I do have a bit of a sweet tooth."

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2633 on: May 08, 2014, 05:55:01 AM
"Ah, I never heard of white coffee before so I didn't know." Sakura nodded "But it makes sense, his taste buds must be really sensitive to Bitterness.  Maybe he should add more sugar to it."

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
  • KINGDOM HEARTS IS WAAAAAAA
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2634 on: May 08, 2014, 07:55:07 AM
Taylor's team was out, relaxing and drinking their tea peacefully.

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP
Just enjoy yourself, don't complain about everything

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2635 on: May 08, 2014, 04:25:02 PM
(So I just looked up White Coffee and realized it's literally just regular coffee with cream, it's not really special other than the fact that the term is not used in the US at all.  So Mr. Zoroark does indeed need more sugar or cream to dilute the bitterness.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2636 on: May 08, 2014, 04:30:48 PM
(I told you. :P Anyways...)

With the mini-entertainment over, Zoroark finished his cup of coffee, after adding 8 more sachets of sugar. Which is a lot. Grinning, and Licking his lips, he asked.

"So... Where is this Mt. Pyre? What's there that made Team Flora want to enter the place?"

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2637 on: May 08, 2014, 05:44:46 PM
"It's down the road of the town entrance and a bit out to sea so we have to surf or take a boat there." Sakura started to explain "As for what's there it's known for 2 things.  First and foremost it's where people go to bury and honor deceased Pokemon and as such it's a sacred place. 

The second which is what's more relevent to us is that's where the Red and Blue Orbs are kept.  The Orbs are mystical artifacts that ancient people made long ago to control the Legendary Pokemon Kyogre and Groudon.  Of course those people didn't have the noblest intentions in mind when they made them but as far as we know those Orbs can't be destroyed.

There were other theories that suggest that Kyogre and Groudon themselves made the Orbs to control their power but, since I caught Kyogre myself and can communicate with him, those theories were disproven by myself.  The reason that those orbs can control those guys is because they contain a healthy amount of blood from each of them, like somewhere between a pint or a quart. 

Of course because of the blood it forms a connection between the people who hold the Orb and the Pokemon, so even though the Orbs were made to control the Pokemon, often times the conciousness of the Pokemon and people merge in a way and they lose control of each other and cause destruction.

About I'd say.....9 almost 10 years ago I started my Pokemon journey and got wrapped up in Aqua's plot to flood Hoenn in order to expand the sea for the purpose of giving Water Pokemon more places to live, which if you've actually been living in the Hoenn region, you'd notice that's there's water everywhere and thus the plan was stupid.  Eventually Team Aqua made it to Mt. Pyre since I foiled their plan to freeze Mt. Chimney to make the region colder, though I don't know why they did that since a lot of Water Pokemon lived in warmer waters.  They managed to get the Orb they thought would control Kyorge....but they took the Orb that was meant to control Groudon instead.

I was convinced that either Team Aqua were either not Hoenn natives or they were collectively color blind because I do not understand how they thought the Red Orb was supposed to control Kyogre.  Needless to say the Orb did have an effect on Kyorge, it got him really angry since thought that Groudon was there messing [parasitic bomb] up so he went on a rampage and started flooding the place like crazy, even Archie realized that Kyogre was flooding the place too much.

Then I took the Blue Orb to try and calm him down, but I still had to kick his ass to make him stop because like I said, he thought Groudon was out there.  Eventually I did calm him down an spent some time with him, I really felt sorry for him, he was just really cranky, sleepy, and disorientented from being forcebly woken up, and by the wrong Orb none the less."

"I guess it wasn't his fault that time, though I still think he's an idiot for thinking Groudon is his enemy." Xuangzag piped up. "They are supposed to work together to balance the region, not fight each other for dominance."

"Yes yes I know, but really Kyogre really legitimately thought Groudon was on the loose and messing up the region because of Aqua's royal screw up.  Then a few years later Team Magma did the opposite thing trying to get Groudon to expand the land and thought the Blue Orb was meant to control Groudon and then he rampaged but Quickie, Pyro and Lt. PB managed to calm Groudon down and the region is fine.

Now Flora wants control both to destroy the region, according to Pyro, because they think that humans are so terrible that we should all die so that Pokemon can live happily without us but they are ignoring the fact that they're going to kill every Pokemon here as well, so we need to kick some ass to stop them or if they slip away with them get Rayquaza to break up Kyogre and Groudon before they cause too much damage." Sakura finished.

Offline Pyro

• Wielder of the Chaos Force
  • Neo Arcadian
  • Boo yeah!
    • View Profile
Reply #2638 on: May 08, 2014, 10:52:10 PM
Pyro hung upside down from the light fixture above them. he swayed back and forth as he asked, "Is the Muffin Man gone yet?"

Come and read some Thoughts of a Platypus

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2639 on: May 08, 2014, 11:00:31 PM
Quickie nodded.  "Muffin Man's long gone.  Mewtwo scared him off."

Mewtwo yawned in response and knocked back more coffee. "So long as I can get some sleep at some point so as to be properly refreshed.  I cannot continue to rely on stimulants as a replacement for rest."

Quickie patted him on the shoulder. "Go out to the car and sleep."

Mewtwo nodded, stood, and took his coffee out to the car.  He got in the passenger side, made sure no one was in the seat behind him, and then reclined the seat all the way back and dozed off.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2640 on: May 08, 2014, 11:44:24 PM
(So what do you guy think of my impromtu theory of the Orbs, I literally made it up this morning on the fly since there's really no info on the Orbs.)

"Now that I think about it if Maxie made the same mistake maybe he wasn't  native of Hoenn either." Sakura pondered.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2641 on: May 09, 2014, 12:03:50 AM
"Ah, more genocidal freaks. Why is it always genocidal freaks?" Taylor mused.

(Remember, the only team that Taylor, and Trak for that matter, dealt with was Flare, which was full of genocidal freaks, so yeah

Also interesting theory lol)

OH [parasitic bomb] IM USING LINK AND I ACCIDENTALLY FINAL SMASHED A CUCCO OH GOD HELP

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2642 on: May 09, 2014, 12:08:16 AM
"Actually they were not genocidal, Archie legitimately wanted to help Water Pokemon, not harm Humans, and Maxie wanted to expand the land for Humans and Pokemon.  They just failed, Geography, multiple forms of science, and Pokemon Mythology.  They were well intentioned, but they were also idiots."  Sakura corrected.

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2643 on: May 09, 2014, 12:17:13 AM
"I was talking about Flora, not Magma or Aqua. I've done my research on them; you'd be surprised at how many books were written on both incidents," Taylor replied.

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2644 on: May 09, 2014, 12:27:55 AM
"Ah my bad, I just thought you lumped Archie and Maxie with Flora." Sakura apologized. 

(Wanted to say something about the league hiding the identities of the people who stopped the teams for their own protection but I forgot the Kalos parade.  Then again you could say Kalos' negligence to do that was one of the reasons Wily found out about Runaway and wanted to take him.)

Offline Mirby

• RPM's Krillin
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
    • Mirby Studios
Reply #2645 on: May 09, 2014, 12:59:11 AM
(That and there are always people who write books about things they shouldn't and find info they shouldn't just to make a profit

Also I never said that the books revealed who stopped the teams, just that the events were written about lol)

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2646 on: May 09, 2014, 01:01:14 AM
(Yeah that's what I was going to allude to, people know the events but they don't know who stopped the events, just who caused them.  But I couldn't thanks to the Kalos Parade.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #2647 on: May 09, 2014, 02:24:26 AM
"I see... All because of Orbs..."

Joe sat and listened, finding the Team names rather familiar... But just couldn't put his finger on why it's familiar...

Offline Sakura Leic

• RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #2648 on: May 09, 2014, 02:41:07 AM
"Not because of Orbs really, people wanted something and needed power, and they wanted the power of Legendary or super strong Pokemon because they felt it would help them get what they want. 

Giovanni, Archie, Maxie, Cyrus, N, Ghetsis, Lysandre, and now Flora, all very different people with very different goals.  However the common denominator here is that to achieve their goals they wanted to use the power of Pokemon to get it, no matter what the cost or drawbacks of said goal.  Ghetsis was especially terrible since he didn't see Pokemon as sentient beings, he saw them as tools for his own end, he's a [tornado fang]ing sociopath.

Some of them did have good intentions, like Archie, Maxie, and even Lysandre to an extent, but power corrupts and the first 2 again kind of stupid business men with some good if very questionable intentions.   Lysandre I think had some kind of god complex and went insane with world problems if I read those reports correctly, being the decedent of the brother of the Immortal King of Kalos, who also went insane and suffered because of his deeds, probably didn't help that.

Some like N and Cyrus were misguided due to their perception of the world but again they sought power without regard of everyone else.  At least N saw the error of his ways, Cyrus didn't because he was psychologically abused and thus became a psychopath with charisma, which is really [tornado fang]ing dangerous. 

Giovanni, honestly I have no idea but you know how much I don't like him and how much he makes me sick from that crap 3 years ago and even beyond that. 

In the end it's just a whole bunch of greedy and/or stupid people who want to risk the balance of the world to do something that might not be a good thing to the world as a whole." Sakura sighed.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #2649 on: May 09, 2014, 02:46:58 AM
Trak listened, but remained quiet about Lysandre, preferring to just drink her coffee.

Quickie leaned back in her seat to glance outside for a moment, and then returned to her own drink. "The things people do for money.  I can certainly understand why, as you need money to survive.  And if you want to live on Easy Street, you need a lot of money.  I work two jobs—one from home and the other in a design firm—and Mewtwo works for the school, and while we're living pretty comfortably, it's not enough to get us downtown and closer to the school.  We got a good deal on the apartment, so we got lucky in that regard.  Still require combined incomes to keep us afloat."

She sighed and took a sip of her drink. "Really, with the economy the way it is and people looking for ways to balance the good life with a decent job, is it any wonder that they fall into the Team recruiting?  Benefits and good pay, job security, chance to travel and make it rich... and all you have to do is swear undying loyalty to the mob."