A HOENN NEW RPM POKEMON ADVENTURE!

Pyro · 135320

Offline Wanda Bear

• The Wanderess of RPM
  • SA-Class Hunter
  • Currently Nowhere.
    • View Profile
Reply #1275 on: January 14, 2014, 02:00:23 AM
"Oh! Right...I kinda just invited myself in." She laughed nervously to the side and stood up. "I'm Wanda. Just started my journey not too long ago from a flight from Kanto. Heard about the new region and had to take a look for myself." She explained briefly.

Her Sandile nudged her leg and called out. "Oh! And how could I forgett this little guy. He's a sandile that was given to me as a present for finally getting a start on my life. He's my witto buddyyyy." Wanda said as she picked her pokemon up and rubbed her nose to Sandile's.

She heard Trak's explanation and jerked back a bit. Picking a fight...yeah, that was never a good thing. She guessed that both her and that Alakazam should stay out of trouble for a while.

Home sweet home

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1276 on: January 14, 2014, 02:10:21 AM
"Usually Runaway doesn't intentionally pick fights like this," Trak shrugged, "particularly in bad type matchups.  He tends to know better, but something got into him and I guess he felt he needed to take care of it.  When he's out and about, he's usually well-behaved."

Runaway folded his arms, sniffed, and muttered something about Twoey being weird.

"Long story on why he's a bit... weird, but if you ask him, he'll tell you all about it," Trak shrugged, getting out two Poke Balls and keeping them handy.  After confirming with Runaway that he indeed wants to scan the Zoroark's mind, she released the Pokemon; Susan responding with a tired yawn and Mewtwo rubbing his eyes. "Wakey wakey, guys."

"What's up?" Mewtwo asked, sniffing the air. "Bit stuffy in here, ain't it?  Wow, you and Runaway look like hell."

"Long story short, Runaway wants to scan the Zoroark's mind and we need you two as backup in case it tries anything," Trak dug in her bag and handed sodas to Mewtwo and Susan. "Oh, and hayfever's going around." She rubbed her nose and sniffed.

Offline White-Jet

• The Wandering
  • Master's Unit
  • It's tough being an avatar when you're so restless
    • View Profile
Reply #1277 on: January 14, 2014, 02:23:48 AM
Apprentice huffed at Joe's lack of remembering his name and turns to the side, sticking his stick-sturdy rose to his nose and sniffing the sweet-smelling pollen again as it to refrain from drawing more negative attention to himself.

Pixie, on the other hand, didn't appear to like being ignored and attempts to shoot her coiled mouth towards Joe only to catch the nectar in one of the weaker-stem roses Apprentice kept hidden in his bushy tail, causing her to become mildly distracted as she pulls the rose towards her and starts suckling on it.

MAKE WAY FOR HAJIME'S DRAGON DELIVERY EXPRESS!!! 8D

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1278 on: January 14, 2014, 02:27:33 AM
(Took me a moment to remember that Pixie was a Beautifly.  Calling its mouth a "proboscis" might help, as I was picturing something very... odd-looking.  With how the appendage is structured, "proboscis" is a better fit, and even "tube" would work.)

Offline Dr. Wily II

• Staring down from above as
  • RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1279 on: January 14, 2014, 02:40:38 AM
Joe blinked at the Braixen, and shrugged.

"Well then... Zoroark, come on out."

The PokeBall popped open, and out came Diggeroark, who farted again.

I'm watching you all. Always watching.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1280 on: January 14, 2014, 02:45:18 AM
Ignoring the illusion, Runaway slid off the bunk and approached Diggeroark.  Carefully, he placed both hands on its head and closed his eyes, concentrating.

Susan readied himself, and Mewtwo just got comfortable, drinking his soda.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1281 on: January 14, 2014, 02:48:19 AM
Diggeroark did not take lightly whatever Runaway was doing, and his fist ears responded with Doubleslap.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1282 on: January 14, 2014, 02:51:32 AM
Runaway ignored the pain and continued.

Mewtwo stepped forward and grabbed the fist-ears, holding them out of the way. "Behave and let him work, else I'll do something.  I don't know what, but I'll think of something!"

Susan also stepped forward, ready with a Dazzling Gleam in case the Diggeroark tried anything else.

Trak also approached it and got to a crouch. "Shh... it's okay, Runaway won't hurt you.  Just relax.  The more you resist, the longer this will take."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1283 on: January 14, 2014, 03:13:44 AM
Diggeroark Growl'd loudly, struggling against the sheer strength of the Mewtwo. However, he soon started to feel a tiny bit light-headed, as if a wave of calmness had crashed on his heart-shaped beach. The illusion soon faded, revealing Zoroark again.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1284 on: January 14, 2014, 04:55:41 AM
Runaway began the mind scan, focusing on the brief vision he had seen earlier.  He concentrated, sorting through the Zoroark's memories, finding some sort of barrier.  Furrowing his brow, he worked on breaking through.

Mewtwo scratched his head and adopted a "logical" tone of voice. "My mind to your mind; my thoughts to your thoughts."

"Shh," Trak shushed him, preferring that Twoey does not distract Runaway with pop culture references.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1285 on: January 14, 2014, 05:01:57 AM
Within the mental scape inside Zoroark's head, a shadow somewhat resembling a fusion between Beheeyem and Malamar slowly materialized. Upon seeing an attempt at contact, it drifted towards the source of the connection, and soon, noticed a sort of Alakazam figure. Roaring in anger, it charged.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1286 on: January 14, 2014, 07:29:09 AM
Runaway, amidst the mental landscape, started to call upon one of his moves, but remembered that they were useless in a mind meld.   Instead, he concentrated to strengthen his connection with the Zoroark and resist the forces trying to kick him out.  His mental projection Boldly stood its ground.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1287 on: January 14, 2014, 07:34:46 AM
The Beheeyemalamar (that's a mouthful...) charged headfirst into Runaway, but was rebounded back due to his Bold stance. Shrieking in anger, it used its tencales to wrap around Runaway, and started to squeeze.

On the outside, Zoroark started to pant deeply, a few beads of sweat falling of his forehead. Joe looked on, and dug out his handkerchief, and proceeded to wipe the sweat off.

"I hope things are OK in there..."

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1288 on: January 14, 2014, 07:52:43 AM
Outside, Runaway grit his teeth and focused.  His arms began to shake as he fought for control.

Trak crouched behind him, wondering if she should help stabilize him. "Well, whatever's going on, he's really fighting it..."

Inside, Runaway tensed and fought to break free of the wrap. 

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1289 on: January 14, 2014, 07:57:53 AM
(Mmmm... Tencales...)

Beheeyemalamar shrieked louder... The Alakazam was putting up more resistance than it thought, as if the Alakazam hated to lose. What made this Alakazam so Bold to stand up against it!? Beheeyemalamar shrieked again, and gave one last tight wrap.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1290 on: January 14, 2014, 08:39:37 AM
Runaway fought harder, trying to force his way out of the wrap.  He had to free himself and break through the barrier if he was to find out the source of the Zoroark's pain.  If anything, perhaps he could connect with the Beheeyemalamar...

Outside, Runaway shifted his focus to the Zoroark's mental intruder.  His head was beginning to take on a dull ache.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1291 on: January 14, 2014, 09:17:37 AM
Beheeyemalamar shrieked again when it felt something. Like a mental link. To it. Panicking, it loosened its grip on Runaway, and instead, tried to focus on blocking the connection. Despite its best efforts, and since it's only a manifestation of the barrier, it dissipated when Runaway finally broke through the connection. Like floodgates opening, a tsunami of memories and thoughts swept towards Runaway.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1292 on: January 14, 2014, 09:30:17 AM
Runaway braced himself, not sure what he would encounter.

Outside, the Alakazam shuddered and began to pant.

Twoey looked to Trak. "Want me to take a peek?"

Trak shook her head. "No, you might end up confusing him or hurting the Zoroark."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1293 on: January 14, 2014, 10:06:35 AM
Joe started to look a bit concerned.

"What happened to you, Zoroark?"

Inside, the tsunami hits Runaway squarely, and now, he could see, and experience Zoroark's memory. A distant light flashed, and Runaway found himself in a familiar place. The Pokemon Village.

Runaway could see a male Zoroark, with a female one by his side, and 5 Zoruas close-by, playing in the yellow flowers. The 2 adults were watching over them play, when the sky suddenly darkened. A large aerial craft was hovering over them, when it launched multiple metal tentacles, grabbing the whole family. The 7 Pokemon barked in protest, but to no avail as they were brought into the craft.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1294 on: January 14, 2014, 10:15:07 AM
Outside, Runaway's knees became weak as the memories continued to flood in, and a trickle of blood oozed from his nose.  Trak noticed the weakness and held him upright under the arms.

Inside, Runaway watched as the Zoroark family was captured, following along with the male as its memories returned.  Thus, he was unwittingly captured with them, experiencing what the male saw.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1295 on: January 14, 2014, 03:25:08 PM
Joe went over to Trak's side to assist her.

"You sure this will be OK for Runaway?"

Inside, Runaway suddenly found himself in a dark place, like some sort of fortification. As he wandered around a corner, he noticed what looked like a lab. Multiple fluid-filled tubes were lining the walls, with... Things floating inside. Upon inspecting one, it looked... Like a feline embyro of sorts. There was a name plate at the base of the tube, which started with a M. On the opposite end, a pair of sliding doors opened, and a rather large man dressed in a red labcoat entered with red sunglasses entered, followed by a smaller man... With rather familiar batwing hair.

Runaway instinctively found a corner to hide in, and the 2 man stopped in front of the tube that he was standing in front of. He could somewhat hear the conversation, something about cloning, and a legend, and magnets. The 2 man walked away from the tube, and approached another. This time, Runaway could somehow hear the conversation.

"Doctor, I am quite intrigued with this Pokemon... According to research records, this species of Pokemon have illusionary powers, powers that can fool even the smartest of Psychic-types!"

"Yes... And given that it's a Dark-type even helps to counter those pesky Psychics..."

"So intriguing! But why did you capture this one and its whole family?"

"I have my reasons... But I'm only interested in this one. You can have the others... For science."

"Hahaha! Yes! For SCIENCE!!"

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1296 on: January 15, 2014, 01:24:42 AM
Runaway unwittingly followed along with the male Zoroark, separated from the others due to the Zoroark's own limited perception.  While he could see new details that the Zoroark may have missed (one of the perks of having an eidetic memory), he could not jump to another point of view unless the Zoroark itself had made the initial connection.

Outside, Trak looked to Joe. "He knows his limits, usually, but once he establishes a connection, I can't break it.  He either needs to do it himself, or another Psychic needs to intervene.  If it starts to look really bad, Twoey can go in."

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1297 on: January 15, 2014, 01:43:50 AM
"And a trickle of nosebleed is still fine?" Joe asked.

Runaway soon found himself in a brightly lit room, in the middle of which was a large examination table. With Zoroark strapped down. The batwing hair man returned, and came into full view due to the lights... It was Dr. Wily II.

"Such a fine specimen you are... And don't worry about your family... Xerosic will take good take of them..."

As if on cue, one of the monitors lit up, showing Xerosic preparing an experiment on one of the Zorua pups. Zoroark struggled with his restraints, but they were tight.

"But you... I have something special for you... Malamar... If you would be so kind..."

Outside, Zoroark began to cry.

Offline Quickman

• Crystal Clod and
  • RPM Sorcerer
  • Classy clod
    • View Profile
    • B. Roth Arts
Reply #1298 on: January 15, 2014, 02:30:58 AM
Outside, Trak shook her head. "No, that's not fine.  Twoey, get in there and close the connection."

"On it," Twoey crouched and placed both hands on Runaway's head, closing his eyes and focusing. 

Inside, Runaway watched the Zoroark's plight in every agonizing detail, trapped within its torrent of unlocked memories.

Offline Dr. Wily II

• RPM Knight
  • *blushes*
    • View Profile
Reply #1299 on: January 15, 2014, 02:46:25 AM
Inside... When Malamar finally moved away from doing its deed, the Zoroark looked haggard, as if starved for a few days.

"You are mine now... Malamar has made sure of that... If you ever want to see your family again, hopefully in one piece... You will do what I say... Understand?"

The Zoroark nodded tearfully, and,using its ability, changed into a Diggersby.