Rockman X is Over

Guest · 80055

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #275 on: October 14, 2012, 01:55:55 AM
<b>Edit:</b> <a href="http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/604400">Moved to <i>Newgrounds</i>!</a>

That's not a good idea. People on Newgrounds will blam and Zero bomb stuff like this.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #276 on: October 14, 2012, 02:48:20 AM
That's alright by me.  If absolute worst comes to worst, I still have my copy up on MediaFire, free for download.  Until someone from CutStuff tells me not to, anyway.  But hell, I'm not making any profit or getting anything out of it other than a simple "thank you," so...  XD

Archer

Reply #277 on: October 14, 2012, 04:19:54 AM
People still use Newgrounds?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #278 on: October 14, 2012, 06:23:48 AM
That's not a good idea. People on Newgrounds will blam and Zero bomb stuff like this.
dunno, seems to be doing fine.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #279 on: October 14, 2012, 07:00:08 AM
Daily.  Second.  Place.

Whaaaaaaaaaat.  XD

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #280 on: October 15, 2012, 01:56:49 AM
please please please tell me auto play and Skip are not in the final game.

please.

Offline Solar

• SHSL Solar Boy
  • Legendary Hero
    • View Profile
Reply #281 on: October 15, 2012, 02:11:10 AM
It was the first thing people noticed in the first batch of screens released for the game. I'm more surprised you didn't know about them.

My life is currently bears and Jojos and everything is great.

Offline Karasai♪

• Absolutely Fabulous.
  • SA-Class Hunter
    • View Profile
Reply #282 on: October 15, 2012, 02:39:15 AM
if you can skip then why is this even a game  B(

why capcom why

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #283 on: October 15, 2012, 03:13:25 AM
if you can skip then why is this even a game  B(

why capcom why

Because they think we're imbeciles who wouldn't notice the great big lot of nothing they did with MM game-wise for most of 2012 (cameos aside).

Though apparently using the auto/skip buttons denies you any items or chips. It's still pretty stupid (the presence of such buttons at all, not the trade-off); at least only offer those buttons after you've cleared the stage at least once. That way, if you just wanted to fight the boss, you wouldn't have to slog through all the enemies again.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
  • Blow up! We want to blow up this area.
    • View Profile
Reply #284 on: October 15, 2012, 06:08:33 AM
Oh come on, it's not like we haven't had to unlock Hard a billion times before because of people that can't play video games.

FEELS  ;^;Which has the massive scrotums?

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #285 on: October 15, 2012, 03:40:22 PM
You didn't have to unlock "normal". And even easy just lightened the enemy volumes and damage ratios a bit.
It didn't play the game for you or let you SKIP it.

Apples to oranges, my friend.

...When Larry the reploid accountant goes maverick of his own accord, he's certainly formidable during tax season, but he isn't going to provide X the challenge needed to make him grow as a warrior and reach his potential.

Offline Zan

• Master's Unit
  • Unpleasable Unhelpful Utopian Totalitarian
    • View Profile
Reply #286 on: October 15, 2012, 03:53:48 PM
Do we even know what the skip button does in the actual game?

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #287 on: October 15, 2012, 04:21:41 PM
Do we even know what the skip button does in the actual game?

Not yet, but given what sort of game this is, it's most likely for skipping the entire battle.

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #288 on: October 15, 2012, 05:03:07 PM
Im wondering what else it could possibly do. I understand giving it the benefit of the doubt, but I just cant figure what it would do otherwise.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #289 on: October 15, 2012, 05:05:38 PM
You didn't have to unlock "normal". And even easy just lightened the enemy volumes and damage ratios a bit.
It didn't play the game for you or let you SKIP it.
Normal's so easy I can play with my toes. What the [tornado fang] do you care how babies play games, excluding the parts that actually affect your playing the game? Skip and autoplay don't affect me. This isn't a competitive game where that will be forefront, like SFIVDS or something like that

Offline Flame

• The obsessive
  • RPM Soldier
    • View Profile
Reply #290 on: October 15, 2012, 05:21:52 PM
No, but it is an insult to gaming as a whole. This is something Capcom expects MANY people to play. It's not just a small time phone game, it's a social RPG that is expected to have tons of players. And it's insulting, that it would dumb the game down so much as to make you able to skip levels. Its not a matter of how HARD it is, it's a matter of there being gameplay at all to begin with. if those skip buttons turn out to be exactly what they seem to be, I can just breeze through everything without ever setting foot in stages. start the stage? SKIP. Get to the boss? SKIP. rinse, repeat. I get no items, or less of them, but what do I care? I just blazed through that!
man, what a WASTE of TIME slogging through an all flat autoscrolling shooter stage would have been! whew! dodged a bullet there!

It's an extension of the same foul practice introduced in the iOS X1 refilter, where you can just purchase all your upgrades in the shop and save yourself from wasting time actually using your brain and actually PLAYING the game to obtain them.

I mean, who wants to fight RT-55J, right? What a chore!

Offline The Great Gonzo

• Master's Unit
    • View Profile
Reply #291 on: October 15, 2012, 05:26:33 PM
It's like Capcom forgot that casual games are still GAMES.

At this rate, Xover might as well be an interactive wallpaper.

Offline ViperAcidZX

• Blastia researcher and
  • Master's Unit
    • View Profile
    • -Lousy Artist since 1991-
Reply #292 on: October 15, 2012, 05:34:01 PM
Thanks CutmanMike, you just saved me 15% or more on my next gaming investment. 8)

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #293 on: October 15, 2012, 09:30:50 PM
I dunno.  I'm still looking forward to it, after playing Cutstuff's mock-up demo.  I mean, I play games where boring and repetitive are the norm (World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Tetris...), but this actually makes "boring and repetitive" kind of make sense.

But who knows.  Maybe it will suck and be a waste of $X.99 (plus in-program unlockable "DLC").

Offline OBJECTION MAN

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #294 on: October 15, 2012, 11:58:09 PM
Im wondering what else it could possibly do. I understand giving it the benefit of the doubt, but I just cant figure what it would do otherwise.

The only thing I can think of, is the ability to forfeit your turn in the battle. The only reason I could see this as being useful is if it is like Command Missions, where you have an energy bar that goes up per turn, and down with attacks. Therefor you'd like the ability to skip your turn, and build up more energy for a bigger attack.

TWITCH   ➧ TWITTER   ➧ DISCORD   ➧ MY GAMES

Knockout Mondays
Experimental day: Fighting game engine project Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

WIP Wednesdays
Hamster Drop Gold Edition Live Gamedev (8PM - 10 PM EST)

Weekend Game Hangout
Marc, Amber, & Friends (Saturday Evening EST)

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #295 on: October 16, 2012, 12:23:54 AM
No, but it is an insult to gaming as a whole. This is something Capcom expects MANY people to play. It's not just a small time phone game, it's a social RPG that is expected to have tons of players. And it's insulting, that it would dumb the game down so much as to make you able to skip levels. Its not a matter of how HARD it is, it's a matter of there being gameplay at all to begin with. if those skip buttons turn out to be exactly what they seem to be, I can just breeze through everything without ever setting foot in stages. start the stage? SKIP. Get to the boss? SKIP. rinse, repeat. I get no items, or less of them, but what do I care? I just blazed through that!
man, what a WASTE of TIME slogging through an all flat autoscrolling shooter stage would have been! whew! dodged a bullet there!

It's an extension of the same foul practice introduced in the iOS X1 refilter, where you can just purchase all your upgrades in the shop and save yourself from wasting time actually using your brain and actually PLAYING the game to obtain them.

I mean, who wants to fight RT-55J, right? What a chore!
You ever play Pocket Dudes Red or Blue without glitching all those Rare Candies? Same concept. Come on man, maybe cute girls will know what this game is as a result of these autoplay and skip buttons. One can hope.

I dunno.  I'm still looking forward to it, after playing Cutstuff's mock-up demo.  I mean, I play games where boring and repetitive are the norm (World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy, Tetris...), but this actually makes "boring and repetitive" kind of make sense.
Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa. Don't shame Tetris and FF by putting them with the likes of World of /Dance. And besides, Tetris is the most exciting game of all when it gets going fast. Holy [parasitic bomb] I've sweat playing that game. I've had to shake my arms out and realign my neck. Also goosebumps.

But who knows.  Maybe it will suck and be a waste of $X.99 (plus in-program unlockable "DLC").
I'll buy it anyway, just so they make more games. I'm sure something better'll come out that way more so than them doing nothing ever besides cameos.

Offline Joseph Collins

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #296 on: October 16, 2012, 02:10:03 AM
World of /Dance
I giggled.

But seriously, think about it.  Final Fantasy -- any of them -- you walk around, kill things, do quests.  Tetris, you stack blocks to make lines and hope to god you don't screw up to a point where you can't fix it.  World of Warcraft, you walk around, kill things, do quests, and if you're into it, roleplay. (And don't mean just cybersex in Goldshire on Moon Guard US.  ... what?)  It's all the same stuff over and over, but given to you in different ways and different degrees.  Final Fantasy and WoW vary objectives, Tetris speeds things up.
Rockman Xover is the same basic principle.  "Auto-scroll, jump, attack, combo, boss, repeat until dead."  And much like the games I mentioned, Xover will most likely have some kind of variation in gameplay as you progress, even if the basic gameplay is still "auto-scroll, jump. etc. etc."

And before it comes up again, I think the reason I'm tolerant of the "auto-scroll" aspect of the game is because, frankly... if I'm going to be doing something repetitive anyway, why make it more hassle than it needs to be?  If there was a convenient way to just fight random battles in Dragon Quest I without moving (or using items), I would go that route.  Both City of Heroes and World of Warcraft have auto-run buttons, which I use extensively.  I wouldn't put an auto-play button on Tetris, however.  That would entirely defeat the purpose of the game, where as auto-run in the games I mentioned just eliminates a pointless step from the process.

Offline Ladd Spencer

• Neo Arcadian
    • View Profile
Reply #297 on: October 16, 2012, 02:17:38 AM
Personally, I can only play old Nintendo JRPGs rip-roared stoned. As for WoW, I don't like it. I don't like the direction they took in WC3, and WarCraft has never been the same since. I was a long-time fan, and it saddened me to see where Blizzard took it once they smelled money.

I refuse to admit that Tetris is anything less than an action game.

Offline VixyNyan

• Kind & Generous Fluffy Pillow~
  • RPM Ecchi Princess
  • ♪ Vixylicious Nya Nya~ ♪
    • View Profile
    • Rockman Perfect Memories
Reply #298 on: October 16, 2012, 02:31:49 AM
I refuse to admit that Tetris is anything less than an action game.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Alw5hs0chj0[/youtube]

Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 3480-2506-4200
[DeviantArt|Twitch.tv|Youtube|Fan Work|WiiVC|Character File]
Rock10: Ranking. Rock9: AC, EA, SS, Challenge, Ranking.
(c) Sky Child~                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         

Archer

Reply #299 on: October 16, 2012, 03:20:38 AM

Why the [tornado fang] do you all take offense to [tornado fang]ing everything? It's like the whole fanbase is filled with a bunch of hyper-sensitive butthurt people who sit around waiting for the smallest details so you can throw a bitchfit over it.

It's like getting offended that Pokemon has the feature to play as a girl because you don't think girls should play Pokemon - or better analogy here being getting offended at an easy mode option.

Just get over it. It's nothing worth getting offended over. Hell, some people might even like the skip function and if they do then good for them, you have no right to tell other people how they should play and enjoy their gaming. It's nothing worth getting insulted over.

That's just dumb. You're dumb for taking some game that seriously that you get offended over an optional button that no one is making you use.